December 2013, anyone? :)

Had a chat with hubby yesterday morning to ask what actual date he thought we should start TTC again (I hadn't mentioned to him my hope of xmas day), he said new years day because what a way to start the new year, so didn't bother voicing my idea of Christmas day so now new years day is our start date!!! So guess I'm 1 day shy of this threads name now.

Haha, its okay, you can still party with us over here! :D Its only a week difference, although when you've finally reached the TTC arena that can feel like ages!

What are everyone's plans for the holidays this year?

My holiday plans are Thanksgiving with my husband's family and Christmas with mainly my family. It will be difficult TTC during the holidays to hide my not drinking alcohol. DH will have to help me hide it by drinking both of ours :)

My husband and I have an all-inclusive vacation planned in November so we are going to start TTC the first day of that trip :) The first month TTC will still be December for us though because the first ovulation after that won't happen until December 9th or so. If that ovulation day doesn't change a lot then I could be getting my BFP around my birthday. What a wonderful birthday gift that would be!

Also, since I didn't say this in my last post...I have been taking prenatals and DHA since last May and have recently cut out caffeine. I could be better with my exercising although I'm a healthy weight. I have been temping with FF since March.

Hollynesss, what are your plans for the holidays?

Haha, its okay, you can still party with us over here! :D Its only a week difference, although when you've finally reached the TTC arena that can feel like ages!

What are everyone's plans for the holidays this year?

Yay I can stay :haha: I know I'm thinking now only 9 weeks tomorrow doesn't sound very long but I bet it really drags.

We not made many plans yet, so far for Christmas dinner just me, hubby and daughter are going out to restaurant. It is our first Christmas in our new house/town too and lets hope this is the last Christmas my daughter spends as an only child FX :D

LoveKin- that sounds like fun!! One last "baby moon" :)

Jessicasmum- that sounds lovely, just a quiet Christmas with the family!

I work on Thanksgiving this year (all part of working in the health care field!) but we'll be hosting Christmas for the first time, so that is exciting! We're also going to Disney for my 30th birthday around then, so I'm super stoked for that!!

Yay, MrsEleflump!! I hope all goes well! :D

HAPPY NOVEMBER LADIES!!! One more month :happydance: It's so close I can taste it!!

:hi: I think we're actually moving over to ntnp in december and then fully going for ttc in february. I just couldn't bare the wait any longer, we're not sure when in december it will switch to ntnp as this is my first cycle for a while of keeping an eye on things, so was hoping I could join in here for the final stretch? :blush:

Questions for all you ladies: who is already cutting certain things out of their diet or not? such as caffeine. Also who is taking vitamins and which type? and finally who is going to be using OPKs/charting or just going to go for it without the stress? :)

I'm not sure on the cutting things out of my diet just yet, though I am currently on slimming world while I try and get this weight moving :)

I'm taking the pregnacare conception vitamin, along with agnus castus (to help my crazy cycles while the weight is coming off), evening primrose oil (to help ewcm) and vitamin b6 (I read that it helps lp and mine was only 8 days long earlier in the year before I put on weight and my cycles went crazy again).

I'm currently using opks and to be honest will probably carry on using them when we move to ntnp next month (though tempted to just go for it as of december instead of february) :blush:

Yay!!! One more month!!!!! :) I think I'll be (hopefully) ovulating at the end of November or very beginning of December so we are going to start then....I'm ovulating today I think so this will be my last cycle before ttc! Crazy!!! I'm so excited. Hope everyone enjoys the final stretch :) We considered trying this month because I was so tempted, but I am now happy to wait the month and get the things done I wanted to such as going to the dentist and trying to raise my low vit D levels. Gahhh December is so close!

Questions for all you ladies: who is already cutting certain things out of their diet or not? such as caffeine. Also who is taking vitamins and which type? and finally who is going to be using OPKs/charting or just going to go for it without the stress? :)

I'm not sure on the cutting things out of my diet just yet, though I am currently on slimming world while I try and get this weight moving :)

I'm taking the pregnacare conception vitamin, along with agnus castus (to help my crazy cycles while the weight is coming off), evening primrose oil (to help ewcm) and vitamin b6 (I read that it helps lp and mine was only 8 days long earlier in the year before I put on weight and my cycles went crazy again).

I'm currently using opks and to be honest will probably carry on using them when we move to ntnp next month (though tempted to just go for it as of december instead of february) :blush:

I have just been discussing agnus castus in another thread and I wasn't totally sure if to start taking it or not (my cycles are crazy too probably coz of weight). Do you continue taking it through out your cycle or do you stop taking it at ovulation? and how long was you taking it for before it started to make a difference with your cycles?

Oh and welcome by the way :D

I have just been discussing agnus castus in another thread and I wasn't totally sure if to start taking it or not (my cycles are crazy too probably coz of weight). Do you continue taking it through out your cycle or do you stop taking it at ovulation? and how long was you taking it for before it started to make a difference with your cycles?

Both times I've taken it I've ended up with af within 2-3 months, mine is affected by weight too and both times had been awol for quite a while :nope:

I've read that some women took it right up until they fell pregnant and others who only take it up until ovulation, so while I'm working on getting my cycles going I'm going to read up and see what the general consensus is on that, but at the moment I do take it all the way through.

I'd also recommend (if you do decide to go for it) keeping an eye out for any offers that holland and barret might be doing as it's so much cheaper that way :)

Both times I've taken it I've ended up with af within 2-3 months, mine is affected by weight too and both times had been awol for quite a while :nope:

I've read that some women took it right up until they fell pregnant and others who only take it up until ovulation, so while I'm working on getting my cycles going I'm going to read up and see what the general consensus is on that, but at the moment I do take it all the way through.

I'd also recommend (if you do decide to go for it) keeping an eye out for any offers that holland and barret might be doing as it's so much cheaper that way :)

My last cycle was 42/43 days but has been a little over this sometimes but can be anything from around 31-46 days in the last year but the worse it has ever been is 77+ days but that was only once.

I have been reading up on it on other forums when women say if you are TTC to stop when ovulating because people thought it has caused miscarriages so if I was to start using it I think I would stop at ovulation to not take the risk.

I will have to wait for December to start taking it if I do as my new cycle already started on 30th. It's mad to think that my next cycle will actually be TTC :wacko:

Thank you, I will keep a look out for offers :flower:

My husband and I are moving in two weeks (moving into a two bedroom apartment so we'll have a nursery!!! :happydance: ) and as we're packing up our kitchen stuff, I made a comment that we should buy a liquor cabinet and build up a liquor collection since we got a really nice bar set as a wedding gift and it would be nice to use it! My husband's response was, "well really we can wait to do that, since you'll be pregnant soon and won't be able to drink anyway." <3

Its little moments like this that reaffirm that he is on board with this that make my day!!!

I took a peek at the other side(ttc). It seems like such a hectic frantic place in comparison to here, I am so nervous about moving over. (I've never been good with change until the day after it happens lol.)
Is anyone else feeling as much nervousness as they are joy that our time for a new beginning is finally here?

Totally agree with you, it is mass hysteria over there! Perhaps we could create a thread for us ladies to escape to when it gets overwhelming :)

Hi I recently just joined the forms and after a discussion with the OH tonite we have agreed to start ttc at the end of dec and like many of you if af co-operates as I too have irregular cycles hope we all get the result we want xx :)

Totally agree with you, it is mass hysteria over there! Perhaps we could create a thread for us ladies to escape to when it gets overwhelming :)

that sounds like a fab idea, it seems so crazy over there sometimes

My husband and I are moving in two weeks (moving into a two bedroom apartment so we'll have a nursery!!! :happydance: ) and as we're packing up our kitchen stuff, I made a comment that we should buy a liquor cabinet and build up a liquor collection since we got a really nice bar set as a wedding gift and it would be nice to use it! My husband's response was, "well really we can wait to do that, since you'll be pregnant soon and won't be able to drink anyway." <3

Its little moments like this that reaffirm that he is on board with this that make my day!!!

Yay for moving to new place so you have a nursery :happydance: We moved to a 3 bedroom house a couple of months ago so we will have a room for a nursery too :D

I love when hubby says things in reference to TTC/babies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"