December 2013, anyone? :)

I've been so overwhelmed with school and moving I haven't really had a chance to REALLY let it sink in just how close it is. I keep thinking, "wow, one more cycle!" but it still doesn't feel 100% real. I think once we've moved in, and once my next big assignments are out of the way, then it will feel real :)

Definitely congrats on the weight loss! It really isn't easy, but every pound lost is a victory :flower:

It hasn't totally hit me yet either, hollynesss, but it really is so close! I go on my "babymoon" on Wednesday and I am super excited for that. Then it is a late Thanksgiving the week after we get back and December right after that!!

I ovulated on the 4th (I chart my bbt) so I am due for AF on the 20th. It's surreal that this is my last cycle of waiting. I keep reminding DH that we no longer need protection :) I should ovulate around December 9th if all is normal next cycle.

Does anyone else know when they'll ovulate in December?

LoveKin,
The Babymoon sounds fun!

I was all set to be on the same cycle as you (ovulating the first week of Dec) but my opk tests weren't clearly positive so I'm not sure I ovulated "on time" this cycle. I temp too, so I should know in a few days if my temps go high. Hopefully, I'm still on track for early Dec TTC. Actually as soon as AF shows up, I'll consider myself actively tying. :)

I just got a positive OPK today, so that puts AF due on the 23rd, and my next O around December 7th-ish :D

Our brave, beautiful little man went to sleep on Tuesday. He was starting to get very weak and wobbly, and stopped eating, so we took him to the vet and he fell asleep in my arms, with hubby holding both of us. We're both completely devastated, it's so hard knowing he's gone. The house is too quiet and empty without him. We chose a casket for his ashes today, and we're going to get a picture to put on the wall in our study, where we spend most of our awake time. I'd like a collage picture, as we have so many lovely photos of him, and I don't think I could choose just one. He was our life, our baby, and I just miss him so much :cry:

Oh sweetie, Im so, so sorry :( Huge hugs to you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I've been there, I know how much it hurts. Take comfort in knowing that you gave him the best, most loving home, and he lived his life to the fullest <3

Thank you Holly. We try and remind ourselves that we rescued him from what had been a very rough existence, from what they found at the rescue centre (old broken bones) and from the fact that he had what was probably post-traumatic epilepsy. He might have ended up either with a family who couldn't cope with his medical problems and been put to sleep, or spent the rest of his life in the shelter, but instead he was safe and happy and loved to bits, utterly spoiled, and as well-looked-after as we could possibly manage.

We only had a year and nine months with him, and he was too young for this to happen...it's no easier when they go when they're very old, of course, it's still the same loss, but it's at least somewhat expected, and a natural passing due to old age is perhaps less traumatic for the animal themselves and for their people than one caused by illness.

He just put his head down on my arm and drifted off, though, and it was better for him to go that way than in pain and distressed. At least he had his Mummy and Daddy with him. My Mum says he's with all our other animals who have passed. I'm not sure what I believe, but I'd like to think there's something of his essence around, and that he's happy and content. Whether that's here with us, or somewhere like the Rainbow Bridge, I don't know.

<3 Beautifully said! It will get a little bit easier each day until you only think of him in fondness and love rather than sadness. That was a very peaceful way to go. He couldn't have been surrounded by more loving parents :)

Mrs Eleflump: Really sorry for your loss :hugs: I know what a big part my pets have had in my life so I understand the sadness you feel. Also I like to think like your mum said that all past pets are up there together as friends, it makes me have that little bit of comfort to believe that this is true.

Thank you, JessicasMum <3

We're just kind of drifting around at the moment...George gave us such a sense of purpose and structure, and now that's gone. Obviously we did ok before we had him, but while we had him a lot of what we did was defined by him and it felt so lovely to have this little creature living with us, someone who depended on us and who gave us unconditional love.

I know it will get better with time...at the moment I feel wretched and I don't see how it's ever going to get easier, but I know that eventually it will.

It's sad that other people understand, because it means they've been through it too, but in a way it is nice that people do understand that he wasn't 'just a cat', that he was his own little person, a full member of our family, and that he was such a huge part of our lives.

Thank you, JessicasMum <3

We're just kind of drifting around at the moment...George gave us such a sense of purpose and structure, and now that's gone. Obviously we did ok before we had him, but while we had him a lot of what we did was defined by him and it felt so lovely to have this little creature living with us, someone who depended on us and who gave us unconditional love.

I know it will get better with time...at the moment I feel wretched and I don't see how it's ever going to get easier, but I know that eventually it will.

It's sad that other people understand, because it means they've been through it too, but in a way it is nice that people do understand that he wasn't 'just a cat', that he was his own little person, a full member of our family, and that he was such a huge part of our lives.

What a lovely name George, that was our cat's name also. They give so much love back don't they and it's like losing a close family member I know :hugs:

George is a wonderful name for a cat :) That was the name they gave him at the shelter, and we briefly considered renaming him but any time we talked about him before we brought him home it was 'George', and he suited it so well that we kept it. Here he is:

Attachments

• George1.jpg
    George1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0102.jpg
    Photo0102.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0371.jpg
    IMAG0371.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2
George is a wonderful name for a cat :) That was the name they gave him at the shelter, and we briefly considered renaming him but any time we talked about him before we brought him home it was 'George', and he suited it so well that we kept it. Here he is:

Gorgeous George, Lovely pictures.

He was a beautiful boy...we were in love the second we set eyes on him. Definitely the most handsome cat I've ever seen in my life (of course I'm biased because I'm his Mummy, but I think I'm right!). I love the way he'd sometimes look really fierce and proud, and other times he just looked like the world's softest fluffball (which is what he was). Everyone who met him, from family and friends to the Avon lady and the vet, were all charmed to bits by him. And he was so gentle, he didn't have an aggressive bone in his body. He was always so eager to please and to give us love. Beautiful beautiful boy.

This was my fat, happy bunny Jellybean that I lost about a year ago.

View attachment 696555

Out of nowhere, she had a seizure, and even though we rushed her to the vet in less than 10 minutes, it was too late for them to do anything for her. She, too, went to sleep in my arms. After further examination, it turns out she was bitten by a black widow spider :cry: I still get sad when I think about her, but she brought so much joy to my life, and I know she lived a spoiled rotten, happy existence :) Her favorite thing in the world were bananas and yogurt drops. <3

We had a ton of pets growing up, so sadly I was exposed to the downside of owning pets quite early on. I love your mother's thinking, that all of our pets are together in another place, playing together and looking down on us with great fondness :)

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

My heart goes out to you, MrsEleflump! Do something positive to honor George's memory, like the photo collage you spoke of. It will make you happy and bring you closure <3

Thank you Holly <3 What a beautiful bunny, she's absolutely gorgeous, and looks very well loved and cared for. That must have been so frightening and traumatic to have her get so ill so suddenly, I'm so sorry you and she had to go through that. It is awful to see our little ones suffering. It is nice to think that they are all somewhere nice playing together (though George didn't like other cats, but maybe he wouldn't mind so much if they were cats that also knew me and hubby).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->