• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2013, anyone? :)

Welcome, Scmetterling!

A coworker of mine got pregnant when her exclusively breast fed LO was 9 months old, so it is very possible for you to get pregnant while BF :) I read that your body will prevent ovulation for approximately 6 months while BF. Just be careful if you try to breast feed while pregnant. My coworker was extremely sick her first trimester because the bun in the oven was taking half her nutrients, and the older baby was taking the rest, so she had to wean while pregnant.

Welcome, Scmetterling!

A coworker of mine got pregnant when her exclusively breast fed LO was 9 months old, so it is very possible for you to get pregnant while BF :) I read that your body will prevent ovulation for approximately 6 months while BF. Just be careful if you try to breast feed while pregnant. My coworker was extremely sick her first trimester because the bun in the oven was taking half her nutrients, and the older baby was taking the rest, so she had to wean while pregnant.

Thanks! Yes, for some women breastfeeding only prevents ovulation for the first 6 months or so, but for others it can prevent it for the duration of breastfeeding. I'm hoping my cycles will start up again though while I'm still nursing so I can get pregnant :) Not sure how long my daughter is going to want to nurse for, but I'm guessing 2 years at the very least, and I'd really enjoy getting prego before then :) But whatever happens is fine. And yes, you are right about needing extra nutrients while bf and pregnant. My midwife said I should be taking in an extra 1000 calories a day if I plan to bf while I'm pregnant! I know plenty of women who do it successfully, but you never know how your own body will react.

Hopefully we actually will get to try in December (well we probably will try even if I'm not sure I'll ovulate ;) )

Lately my wedding has been distracting me from my brooding. Over the weekend I spent time at my moms putting things together for it. Well she came home with a pack 'n' play and a stroller and told me she got them to put aside for me. I get excited by things like this but was unsure of how my OH would react. Turns out he didn't mind at all lol. This is the first time my mom ever did anything like this usually she just calls me crazy for being baby nuts lol. I have been feeling much more encouraged by the behavior of both my mom and OH parents behavior. When we did our registry for instance his dad spent time adoring the baby girl clothes.

That is wonderful to hear, Zakir!! When is your wedding? I am a newlywed myself, it was truly the best night of my life <3

That was so sweet of your mom to buy you baby things! My mom got excited about the prospect of grandkids when I first told her I had a new boyfriend back when my husband and I met, so she has been starting every conversation with "are you pregnant yet?!" every time I talk to her, haha! Its great that your OH's parents are on board, too. It makes it so much easier when you don't have to worry about anyone disapproving :)

:hi:

Can I join?

We're planning on properly TTC from Dec (hubby is taking a little persuasion....:winkwink:). I've stopped BC now to get my cycles on track before then, and am taking some vitamins too. I will start to use OPKs once I get AF back so I have some idea of ov times etc in preparation.

I'm also trying to eat healthily and do some exercise (but failing mostly :haha:)

We're both 33 and have a DS who is 21 months. :flower:

im planning on having that chat again with DH soon (maybe tonight) to see if we can be back on track for this decemebr or if i still ahev to wait

That is wonderful to hear, Zakir!! When is your wedding? I am a newlywed myself, it was truly the best night of my life <3

That was so sweet of your mom to buy you baby things! My mom got excited about the prospect of grandkids when I first told her I had a new boyfriend back when my husband and I met, so she has been starting every conversation with "are you pregnant yet?!" every time I talk to her, haha! Its great that your OH's parents are on board, too. It makes it so much easier when you don't have to worry about anyone disapproving :)

My wedding is on October 5. I'm so excited.the theme is cherry blossoms which somehow involves more pink then I ever dreamed possible. Ever since I met OH I was worried about having kids because his mom seemed to be against it. I guess she's gotten over it. I'm glad because I used to feel guilty about even wanting kids when I was around her.

What a unique and beautiful theme!! The pink will be beautiful :) Definitely post some pictures!! <3

Thanks Hollyness I definatly wil&#128522;

So, I have a bit of news :D I went to see my new rheumatologist, and she says she's happy to take away the SLE diagnosis, and feels that we can get away with calling it Sjogren's syndrome, instead of lupus :D I know it doesn't really matter what it's called, as the symptoms haven't changed, but if she feels it isn't lupus, then I'm happy that there's much less risk to my kidneys, especially with future pregnancies. She says she can't say it will never be lupus, as I now have three autoimmune conditions and they like to bunch together...but for the moment, I'm off the hook! I am on even more pills now than I was before though, boo :( And I have to go for a barium swallow in the morning because of my chest pains. Not looking forward to that!

I still have the risk of neonatal lupus/heart block in any of my future babies though, so I need to see an obstetrician before starting to try. She's referred me to the best one in the hospital, and hopefully I won't have to wait too long to see him.

Plus, the reorganisation they've been talking about for years at work which was 100% absolutely going to happen is now not going ahead, so things are a lot calmer and more certain there too.

This is looking good!
:happydance::dance::laugh2::yipee::headspin::smug::ninja::wohoo::loopy:

Yay!!!! That's fantastic news! :D Every little bit of positive news helps! You are doing all of the right things to prepare and it sounds like you'll be well taken care of, so one step at a time, one day at a time, and before you know it you'll have a happy, healthy little one in your arms <3 Hopefully the chest pains are due to something simple. Perhaps a change in weather is making your lungs unhappy and that is what you are feeling? Definitely keep us posted! Glad to hear things have calmed down at work as well! Just one more step in the right direction :)

We are so almost there, ladies!!! It is now October, which means we officially have about 8 weeks to go :happydance:

I have been getting my practice in with OPKs, but I am getting quite frustrated with them! The best I have gotten is a faint positive, but it never turns darker :/ I try to test at every opportunity, but so far no clear-cut positive. I am currently on CD16, and haven't had my temp spike yet, should be tomorrow, so I'm trying not to be discouraged, but I just want it to work!

Just out of curiosity, when do you all expect to O in December? I have been right around the very end of the month, so for me we will either try very late November, or wait until my December O near the end of the month. How about you ladies?!

Hey everyone! I joined this thread thinking there was no way I'd actually be able to start trying in December (my cycles hadn't come back while bf) but I have some exciting news!!! I started taking ovulation strips about a week ago and caught my first pp ovulation!!! I believe I ovulated yesterday :) Had a positive opk, cramping, the works. So now there is a possibility that we'll actually get to try in December like we wanted to!! I am so excited! Hopefully it won't take too long for my cycles to regulate but I am just absolutely thrilled that they've started again (my daughter is 17 months old so I was starting to think it wouldn't happen unless I weaned). It'll be fun waiting with you all!! :)

What are you ladies doing to prepare? I don't take prenatals but I take cod liver oil, methyl folate, calcium (when I remember), vit B12, and probiotics. I could really exercise more, but I feel like keeping up with a busy toddler helps with that. I eat a really healthy diet. Not sure what else I can be doing (besides, of course, looking up tons of baby stuff onlnie...!)

Yay!!!! That's fantastic news! :D Every little bit of positive news helps! You are doing all of the right things to prepare and it sounds like you'll be well taken care of, so one step at a time, one day at a time, and before you know it you'll have a happy, healthy little one in your arms <3 Hopefully the chest pains are due to something simple. Perhaps a change in weather is making your lungs unhappy and that is what you are feeling? Definitely keep us posted! Glad to hear things have calmed down at work as well! Just one more step in the right direction :)

We are so almost there, ladies!!! It is now October, which means we officially have about 8 weeks to go :happydance:

I have been getting my practice in with OPKs, but I am getting quite frustrated with them! The best I have gotten is a faint positive, but it never turns darker :/ I try to test at every opportunity, but so far no clear-cut positive. I am currently on CD16, and haven't had my temp spike yet, should be tomorrow, so I'm trying not to be discouraged, but I just want it to work!

Just out of curiosity, when do you all expect to O in December? I have been right around the very end of the month, so for me we will either try very late November, or wait until my December O near the end of the month. How about you ladies?!

When you're doing your opk's, when are you testing? I find that if I hold my pee for a long time and don't drink any water, I get a darker line. It helps to test at the end of the day too. Something to consider :)

Welcome, schmetterling!! That is great news that you can start when you originally wanted to :D

To prepare I've been taking a prenatal vitamin, charting, exercising more, and now trying to get the OPK thing right, haha! Since CD12 I've been a bit obsessive and test every time I go to the bathroom. There were only a handful of times I missed, but maybe the surge was there one of those times :/

My OH just reminded me a few days ago that we're TTC in December and it hit me that it's pretty close now :shock: Anyway, glad I found this thread.

I found out I had to have my wisdom teeth out pretty much the same month that I conceived my daughter so it's been a bit of a shadow hanging over me ever since. I've finally had them pulled last week so now I'm rearing to get trying but OH is adamant we're waiting til December. Oh well, I can dream.

Hey everyone! I joined this thread thinking there was no way I'd actually be able to start trying in December (my cycles hadn't come back while bf) but I have some exciting news!!! I started taking ovulation strips about a week ago and caught my first pp ovulation!!! I believe I ovulated yesterday :) Had a positive opk, cramping, the works. So now there is a possibility that we'll actually get to try in December like we wanted to!! I am so excited! Hopefully it won't take too long for my cycles to regulate but I am just absolutely thrilled that they've started again (my daughter is 17 months old so I was starting to think it wouldn't happen unless I weaned). It'll be fun waiting with you all!! :)

What are you ladies doing to prepare? I don't take prenatals but I take cod liver oil, methyl folate, calcium (when I remember), vit B12, and probiotics. I could really exercise more, but I feel like keeping up with a busy toddler helps with that. I eat a really healthy diet. Not sure what else I can be doing (besides, of course, looking up tons of baby stuff onlnie...!)

My daughter is almost 17 months so it sounds like we'll be in a similar situation, fingers crossed we have LO's with the same age gap :D

Keeping up with a busy toddler definitely counts as exercise, or at least it should, I get about 2 hours in the evening to relax and where I used to do yoga basically now I just lay on the floor and not move :haha:

Other ladies, to be honest I wouldn't fret too much about OPK's, for some people they're really unreliable and even if you're ovulating perfectly healthily, they don't show a thing! Charting is an excellent alternative.

Aww thanks :D I am really pleased, it feels like a weight has been lifted. I have a new set of challenges to get used to, but it doesn't feel so bad now.

The chest pains are down to oesophageal dysmotility, the rheumatologist feels. They're controlled by medication already, which is good or I'd be a ghost by now - I've had them a year and a half and they're excruciating if I don't take the meds for it, so I wouldn't be able to eat or drink. She just wants to confirm that that's what it is, since we know my heart and lungs are fine. It's very common in Sjogren's patients, apparently. The barium swallow itself wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I'm glad it's over though!

You are having a proper old tough time with your opks, aren't you? :( I wish I knew what to suggest. All I do is test once a day, in the late evening, when I have EWCM. Some months I test, some months I don't - I go more by my CM and temp. Most of the months I test, I do catch the surge.

FF has me predicted to ov between Dec 8th and 12th, so our TTC will begin in January if the dates stay the same. The beginning of December is still too early for us. This timeline is assuming I've had my obstetrician appointment and been given the go-ahead by then also. My cycles are varying in length so much right now though anyway - last cycle was 23 days, and the one that just ended this morning was 35 days...so who knows when my ov will happen in December, lol ;)

Hello lovely ladies!! I've been away for the past month and a half because we moved house, and have only just had our phone line installed. :wacko: I'm so happy to have my Wi-Fi back!!

Anyway, DH and I talked the other day, and have decided to start TTC#2 next cycle, which will actually be November. :) I still want to hang out here though, if that's okay! ;)

Congrats on the house, and on TTC next cycle!!! :D That is very exciting!

Of course you are welcome to hang out with us :flower: We definitely want to hear about your journey! Its so close for all of us I can taste it!

MrsEleflump, how are you feeling??

The honeymoon is over lol DH and I had a great time trumping around the state. We ended up in the keys and fell in love the place. We came home last night for ten minutes before needing to go out to visit a sick relative in the hospital. The thing is that's the same way we started the honeymoon as well, visiting a relative in the hospital before hitting the road. They are both looking ok for now but it was quite scary and sad. We are hoping for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->