• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2013, anyone? :)

Totally agree!!

I am so grateful for this forum, not only to be able to indulge in my broodiness, but also just to know that there are other girls out there who feel the exact same as I do :) I am being cautious by not being the one to bring up anything baby, but to let DH be the one to do it. (Such as our Santa conversation!)

Totally agree!!

I am so grateful for this forum, not only to be able to indulge in my broodiness, but also just to know that there are other girls out there who feel the exact same as I do :) I am being cautious by not being the one to bring up anything baby, but to let DH be the one to do it. (Such as our Santa conversation!)

I really struggle when it comes to keeping the baby crazies to myself. I fear pushing my OH away though he says that I wont no matter what. But it still worries me. lately though, like your DH, my OH has been bringing stuff up on his own. In those moments it really feels like its going to happen, like for real! :happydance:

Hi all, my and oh have been together almost 4 1/2 years. Planning on TTC Christmas Eve! Literally can't stop looking at baby clothes, although he did allow me to buy my dream pram, a vintage silvercross!
I hope my cycles will have regulated by then and my endo and pcos will be under control. I will be still at uni until June 2014.

Welcome, Cha3!! :flower:

Christmas Eve is a very romantic day to begin TTC :) I think my husband would freak if I bought anything baby related just yet, that is so awesome that yours let you get your dream stroller! (pram) I will be in graduate school while we are TTC, so I can relate with the whole school thing.

We are WTT until somewhere between October/November and January.. December is a nice middle ground though so I thought I'd pop in.

Hollyness: I read the first post in this thread... I am also a Floridian! Shooting you a message :)

Welcome, Cha3!! :flower:

Christmas Eve is a very romantic day to begin TTC :) I think my husband would freak if I bought anything baby related just yet, that is so awesome that yours let you get your dream stroller! (pram) I will be in graduate school while we are TTC, so I can relate with the whole school thing.

I know, I was like ooh a vintage pram on ebay, bid and won it! oh was like well you will need it some day. xx

Welcome, Lili!! :flower:

I decided I want to go to Disney World for my 30th birthday in December, so I was kinda thinking that it would be awesome to begin TTC then :D (I've lived in Florida for 4 years and still haven't been to Disney!)

I am super excited for the rest of this year to fly by :happydance:

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to all of you lovely December hopefuls :)

How are all of your TTC preps going? I am starting to use OPKs along with my charting just to get some practice. I want to give my husband and I the best possible chance of getting it right the first few cycles that we try. I'm currently on CD10 and got a VERY faint line this morning, so I'm looking forward to watching that line get darker and darker :)

So many of the regulars in WTT have moved over or are about to move over. Its bittersweet to see them go, but we'll be there right along with them in ~3 months :flower:

Im on CD 14 and had a faint line in the morning but in the afternoon I had a fat line...wohoo.
Good luck getting ur opk positive :)

Hey, just dropping in again, I've been away from this thread too long!

I have my rheumatologist appointment in just under 3 weeks, so not long to go now to see about how the medications I'm on will be for TTC. Should be fine, but waiting to hear back from the obstetricians about it. I'm feeling not too bad at the moment, no significant flare-ups right now, though I did overdo it in the garden the other day and I was really sore all over and my wrist swelled up like an egg. A day of firm bandaging to keep it still, though, and it was much better.

Work-wise, I'm safe as far as my current role goes, if I get pregnant, they won't take it away from me. I still find it hard to believe that, but I feel, especially after the last couple of days, that I have enough support in my corner to prevent it being taken away from me if I do get pregnant and have 6 months of mat. leave.

Hubby asked me the other day, in front of our two closest friends, 'honey, when we have kids, can I be in charge of their musical education?' with a big grin on his face :cloud9: We've been doing a little more of the 'when we have kids' thing lately, so thankfully he's not changing his mind :)

I'm definitely getting more excited about finally TTC and hopefully having a teeny bean on board before long :)

Hi all!!

Just read most of this thread, it's just what I've been looking for! Hubby and I will be baby dancing nov/dec/jan time, he thinks jan but I'm working on a bit earlier as I'd love an aug baby. My bday is in jan so I really would prefer not to have a baby around that time, it sucked growing up people forgetting so close to crimbo!

My implant comes out on mon as my periods are all over the place, I had three in July! Think I've tracked when my actual one is but as soon as this wretched implant is out I will track it properly.

We already have a little boy who will be 2 and a half in oct, can't wait to give him a brother or a sister!

Looking forward to chatting with you and hearing all your lovely stories!

Hi ladies, can I join? :flower:

I have a DS who will be 1 in November, we'd like a brother or sister for him quite soon. Lots of people have said I must be mad but I'm excited to have 2 close together, I just think that what I'm doing for one I can do for two :happydance:.

We're going to start trying in December with the hopes of having another LO by September/October, I'm hoping everything goes to plan! At first I wasn't in any rush but lately I really can't wait, I get all excited every time I see a tiny baby. And the older my LO gets, the more fun he becomes; I've loved every stage so far and I can't wait to do it all again. I know DS will love having a sibling close in age. So at the moment I'm 'trying to wait' rather than 'waiting to try' :coffee:

Nice to meet everyone, it's taking me a while to catch up with the thread but I'm trying!

Welcome LucyLu and LilyValley!! :flower: Very nice to meet you both!

I want to have ours relatively close together as well :) It's all about what works best for you!

MrsEleflump, it is great to hear from you again! I am glad you're doing well :) It's illegal here for an employer to not save your job while you're on maternity leave, is it different over there? Our maternity benefits are rubbish compared to most countries, but at least we have that bit of security. Glad to hear your hubby is getting excited! That is so sweet that he's thinking about things like that :) Mine is cautiously excited, but Im still terrified that he'll back out in December. I don't think he will, but that tiny fear is still there.

Only 3 months girls!! According to FF I will be ovulating on Christmas Day <3 I Can't wait!!

MrsEleflump, it is great to hear from you again! I am glad you're doing well :) It's illegal here for an employer to not save your job while you're on maternity leave, is it different over there? Our maternity benefits are rubbish compared to most countries, but at least we have that bit of security. Glad to hear your hubby is getting excited! That is so sweet that he's thinking about things like that :) Mine is cautiously excited, but Im still terrified that he'll back out in December. I don't think he will, but that tiny fear is still there.

It's illegal here, too, I won't lose my actual job, but what I mean is more that half of my time is currently spent training for an advanced role, and that isn't written into my contract, so I was worried they'd find some excuse to sideline me if I got pregnant. But the pathologists this week have given me a huge show of support, so I'm a bit more relaxed about it - they'd kick off majorly if someone tried to stop me doing my training now, because they benefit from it!

We have really good maternity benefits compared to the US, as far as paid leave etc goes. But I earn a fair bit more than hubby, so I'll be taking 6 months, I reckon, and then go back full-time, and hubby may take the remaining 3 months of my leave (you can have up to a year but the last 3 months are unpaid).

Hubby is getting quite excited - well, if it was solely up to him, with no health/job considerations etc, I'd be about to pop now, lol. (Mind you if those things didn't factor in for me I wouldn't have wanted to wait!). He won't back out, I've already made him wait longer than he wanted to.

He said as part of the conversation about music, is there something that's the opposite of a stethoscope, so we can play our LOs music in utero :cloud9: So sweet :D I swear our kids are going to be like hubby's best friend's niece, who knew the complete lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody before she was 4...!

Morning all!

I have a question/general mumbling that I'd like to share with like minded ladies so here goes:

I keep going over and over in my head when to start ttc and I think if I carry on I could get on hubby's nerves.
One day ttc will be jan, the next I've brought it forward to nov. poor hubs doesn't know what's going on!

Why the change?

1. I finish a financial commitment in nov so dec onwards I can save all I need to have 9 months off comfortably but starting nov would only mean that I'd need to be careful with my maternity pay.
2. Alcohol/parties etc. I originally said that we'd start ttc in jan to take any pressure off telling porkies at Xmas parties, Xmas day, new yr and my birthday (jan4)
3. Nursery. We always said we could never afford 2 in nursery at the same time but I've been told that my son could start school in Apr 2015, but definitely by Sept. if its the later we will have 2 in nursery for 4/5 months.

It's driving me mad, what would you guys do?
X

We have really good maternity benefits compared to the US, as far as paid leave etc goes. But I earn a fair bit more than hubby, so I'll be taking 6 months, I reckon, and then go back full-time, and hubby may take the remaining 3 months of my leave (you can have up to a year but the last 3 months are unpaid).

Hubby is getting quite excited - well, if it was solely up to him, with no health/job considerations etc, I'd be about to pop now, lol. (Mind you if those things didn't factor in for me I wouldn't have wanted to wait!). He won't back out, I've already made him wait longer than he wanted to.

He said as part of the conversation about music, is there something that's the opposite of a stethoscope, so we can play our LOs music in utero :cloud9: So sweet :D I swear our kids are going to be like hubby's best friend's niece, who knew the complete lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody before she was 4...!

I am crazy jealous of your maternity benefits!! Here employers legally only have to give you 6 weeks paid maternity leave to heal, but most will give you up to 12 (the second 6 weeks unpaid) Its crazy!

My husband gets excited about certain things, but for whatever completely mind bogglingly odd reason he freaks out when I mention baby names! He shuts down and says we'll cross that bridge when we get there, it is so odd! But he'll talk about making sure his car is baby safe, and working out a schedule to take the baby to daycare....men are curious creatures :)

I have seen lots of women put headphones over there bellies and play music for their LO in utero. I definitely want to do that, as music is pretty important to DH and I as well.

Morning all!

I have a question/general mumbling that I'd like to share with like minded ladies so here goes:

I keep going over and over in my head when to start ttc and I think if I carry on I could get on hubby's nerves.
One day ttc will be jan, the next I've brought it forward to nov. poor hubs doesn't know what's going on!

Why the change?

1. I finish a financial commitment in nov so dec onwards I can save all I need to have 9 months off comfortably but starting nov would only mean that I'd need to be careful with my maternity pay.
2. Alcohol/parties etc. I originally said that we'd start ttc in jan to take any pressure off telling porkies at Xmas parties, Xmas day, new yr and my birthday (jan4)
3. Nursery. We always said we could never afford 2 in nursery at the same time but I've been told that my son could start school in Apr 2015, but definitely by Sept. if its the later we will have 2 in nursery for 4/5 months.

It's driving me mad, what would you guys do?
X

Hmm....if I were you, I would probably begin to try in December. Although you only have a 20-25% chance of conceiving each cycle, if you did hit the jackpot on the first try if you were to try in November, it may be a bit stressful to you to have to worry about stretching your money. As far as drinking alcohol around holidays, that is totally understandable, however, if you just have one or two drinks that will not harm you at all, and may even relax you and DH enough to be successful :) If you feel you could comfortably swing two in nursery for those few months, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. As I said, just because you begin in December, or Nov or Jan, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be successful on the first try. It may take several cycles!

I am a total planner like you, so I completely understand where you're coming from! :)

You sound just like me planning wise! Thanks for your reply, in my head in know decs the earliest really, my little heart keeps swaying to nov but tough!

Had my implant out today, I'm ready to start charting! Doc gave me folic acid too, one less thing to buy!

Can I join this thread? We would ideally LOVE to start trying in December, but I am still bf my 16 month old and my cycles haven't returned so I'm not sure I'll be ovulating by then. But I am hopeful that I will be and we can start trying for number 2! I'm getting so excited but it's so tough knowing that I can't conceive right now. I know my daughter needs me to herself right now and this is nature's way of ensuring that she gets that, but man I just really want to give her a sibling!! Really hoping I won't have to wait until she weans to get pregnant because who knows how long that could be! Could be year yet...Anyway I'd love to join you ladies and hope and dream that we will get to try in December :) Now just need to convince my body that this is the plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->