December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

Snoz - I'm so sorry - When is your official beta? This is all so hard...

Dov and CJ - wanted to say I am really sorry as well. Dov - I like your positivity - it's hard to keep it up at times like this. I go back and forth between feeling positive and feeling so scared for the future.

CJ - tell us what they say at the WTF appointment. If this is your second chemical - do they do any additional testing ? Or I wonder if it's just a fluke, as it could happen with a natural pregnancy as well.. There's so much guesswork involved..so much we don't know. I am curious about this because I had a chemical this cycle. I'm wondering when it is considered not just a random occurrence - when would they do additional testing. I will ask my doc next time I see him as well. I can imagine how you feel - this is the worst....

Hatethewait - As far as when to test - I did not test before my actual beta. I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I personally can't deal with a BFN before the beta, or with a BFP before the beta only to find out that it's a chemical pregnancy. That's just my 2 cents -but I don't know anyone else who waits!!

Today was my otd beta.. big fat BFN. WTF appt on 1/13. I dont know if i can handle another cycle. Its been all i can do to scrape myself off of the floor since Friday. I at least found a therapist who deals with infertility, i think its time i sought treatment for the toll and not just for the outcome. Im so sorry to all of us on this stupid journey.
If anyone needs me or wants to talk, please pm me. We can all still band together to figure out whats next :)

Snoz- How did you find someone that deals with infertility? I think it is time for me too.

Hatethewait - As far as when to test - I did not test before my actual beta. I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I personally can't deal with a BFN before the beta, or with a BFP before the beta only to find out that it's a chemical pregnancy. That's just my 2 cents -but I don't know anyone else who waits!!

I totally get where you are coming from with the waiting though. At this point I feel like I'm more afraid to see a BFN so I am going to wait as long as I can to test. Although I did change my mind several times today so I'm not sure how much longer I'll hold off. How many days after transfer was your beta?

Snoz- :hugs: :hugs: I wish there was something that I could say to make it easier. I hope your doc is able to give you answers at your WTF appointment in a couple of weeks. I've often thought of seeing a therapist to help better handle the emotional burden of this journey but wasn't sure if I'd find it worthwhile. Let me know if you find it helpful.

cali- You could ask your clinic if they have a therapist that they work with or would recommend. I know some clinics even have one on staff.

My AF came in the evening after the blood test. Even I was on the progesterone. Estrogen was 65, progesterone 5.
My beta .6
My eyes are too dry to cry, really, I feel numb and cold.
My hubby just wants to try again.
I want to take a break from IvF.
I want check my uterus with a contrast dye. Support LF with progesterone. And just BD.....

I didn't go for beta for nothing...
I also checking my folic acid levels.
APA- antiphospholipid antibody
APS- antiphospholipid syndrome

I beleave we have problems with implantation. My hubby's sperm is perfect, his morfology 5%(average 4%) Morfology has to do with chromosomal abnormalties.

Dov- I am so sorry. :hugs: Sent you a PM.

Hate- How are you feeling? I'm thinking of you and hoping for the very best! :dust:

Hatethewait - My beta was 12dp3dt (would have been 11dp3dt but the weekend got in the way). My HCG was 7. I'm wondering if I'd done an HPT if it would have been positive. Either way, I'm glad I didn't, but I totally understand wanting to know early as well!

Snoz - A therapist sounds like a great idea. I've thought of it many times in the past- even got around to calling one, then chickened out. It's hard because I've only really told my husband and he can only help so much. One friend I've told, but then she told me today that maybe my failed cycle was a blessing - WTF??
I hope you find some good support through therapy. And yes - let's keep in touch and band together!

Hatethewait - My beta was 12dp3dt (would have been 11dp3dt but the weekend got in the way). My HCG was 7. I'm wondering if I'd done an HPT if it would have been positive. Either way, I'm glad I didn't, but I totally understand wanting to know early as well!

My beta will be at 11dp5dt (Monday), must be so late because of the weekend, too? :shrug: I'd bet you would've tested positive on an HPT as I've seen lots of women capture chemical pregnancies on HPTs, but I wonder how many are missed?

Stark white BFN when I tested today 6dp5dt :cry: I know there's still a chance but I'm having a hard time staying optimistic. I definitely wish I would've waited until closer to OTD as I'm struggling to stay motivated to continue my meds! I have one test left so will probably test Sat so I can cry it out this weekend if needed before Mon (OTD). Even so I will probably be a complete mess at work if it's negative.

Hope 2014 is off to a better start for all of you ladies! :flower:

Keep your head up! There could be a line waiting for you tomorrow!

Bloods drawn today finally. Had a teary while the nurse took it. I really hope when they ring with the results tomorrow, my beta hcg level is ok.

Have to wait another 3-7 hours for the phone all. Nurse was only going into office this arve to give results over phone as the clinic is still closed until Monday they 6th.

Jillie- Crossing everything for you hun!

Hate- Darn HPTs. It is early. I will be thinking of you and crossing it all. Try to stay strong..easier said than done, huh?

AFM- I physically began losing my pregnancy on Jan 1. Happy New Year to me huh. And my beta is now under 2. So atleast my body can do one thing right. I'm so happy for all you ladies. I don't want to rain on your parade. I'm so happy to see women like me...finally getting their dreams to come true!!! How are you all doing?

Hi Ladies, so much has happened since I last posted. I'm so sorry for all the BFN's, I feel your pain :( but I also am so happy for the ladies that are having success!! :)

AFM: I had my first ultrasound today... Not good news. No heartbeat. I am 6weeks and 5 days so they said we probably should've seen it. She also said she didn't see a yolk in the sac so I'm pretty much out. They did do another beta today which was 3400. I go back in 6 days to see if anything changed... Maybe it implanted late?? That's my only hope is it's behind schedule but my dr said to not get my hopes up. It's pure torture until Wednesday (my next US) I still have to do all the stupid injections and it's probably not even a viable pregnancy. I'm just heartbroken. We don't have any more frosties and there's no way in hell we can afford another round of IVF anytime soon. Plus why spend another 15 grand just so I can get pregnant only for it to end in miscarriage?!! Sorry I have to vent, I'm so frustrated and just plain sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->