EARLY September Testers

Hi Tesh!
Ohhh where about in London!? I looked in Tescos today and in the big Tescos extra store and nothing! Will try Holland and barratt tomorrow in a different town. I found menopace that had soy in but not sure it was the right thing as it was for the menopause. Lol
Do you know I've never used a FRER test ever. I have used Superdrugs own brand as they are just as good and very sensitive. Always been very reliable. What is your best brand!? I want to use the dollar tree tests as I hear about them on here all the time! :haha:
Nearly CD4 now. Means AF will soon be leaving!!!!!! :happydance:

Trying, that would be so cool. Esp for people who've been through what we have. Put it this way, we've been ttc every cycle almost for the past 16 months for me and 13 months for you. It gets tiring. The anticipation and disappointment. Haha it's a vicious cycle every month that repeats itself. I'm trying to get to the point where I'm not really trying but trying. If that makes sense. Where if it doesn't happen, I don't feel upset. But if it does I'll be excited. Because I'm also a bit ocd, it's challenging. Hahaa treat it as learning a life skill. Let it go a bit.

Tesh my doctor never tested for progesterone. Maybe it's not common here to run tests for that. For my last MMC she did prescribe duphaston as I had spotting. Where do you buy progesterone cream and how do you use it? Is there any side effect to using it?

I know exactly what you mean! Each month when It doesn't happen I think, oh well maybe next cycle and nopeeeee. I always feel so positive then to feel let down again. Getting bored of it now. This is why I'm not so bothered by AF anymore. I just expect it. This whole being more fertile after a D&C is rubbish! I was more fertile before it! I guess it just takes a while for our bodies to settle back down.
I understand completely how you feel. It's something that we have no control over. I think that's what is so hard about ttc.

Hi Tesh!
Ohhh where about in London!? I looked in Tescos today and in the big Tescos extra store and nothing! Will try Holland and barratt tomorrow in a different town. I found menopace that had soy in but not sure it was the right thing as it was for the menopause. Lol
Do you know I've never used a FRER test ever. I have used Superdrugs own brand as they are just as good and very sensitive. Always been very reliable. What is your best brand!? I want to use the dollar tree tests as I hear about them on here all the time! :haha:
Nearly CD4 now. Means AF will soon be leaving!!!!!! :happydance:

Yay for AF leaving!! :happydance:

I used to live in Kensington, just off the High street for about two years!

OK I have done some research online... Tesco's brand seems a bit crappy - but for 4.50 it probably is gonna be! Holland and Barret have them for about 25 which seems a little pricey to me, and their dosage explanation seems a bit strange which would confuse the heck outta me! I have checked Solgar UK and they have it for 15.50 which is around the same price I paid for mine here in Rands, and the dosage is 38mg per tablet. So if you had to take a 200mg dosage you would have to take 5 tablets. Also Solgar online offers free delivery anywhere in UK. Whichever you decide, just triple check the label to see how many isoflavones are per tablet so you get your dosage right and keep safe! If you do manage to get them in time, you can take them up to cd5-9 the latest for this cycle, or if you would prefer you can give them a go next cycle - hopefully u wont have to!!

You have so got to use a FRER!! For me!! LOL! Superdrug and Boots would be the equivalent of Clicks and Dischem for me here, which I would say are the most cost friendly and are quite reliable. Except for the blue dye which I have got convincing evaps a few times, blue line and everything! So I prefer to use the pink ones from Clicks own brand - I think they are 20mui. But for now I am using these HomeMed internet cheapies (They come in a pack of 50... dont judge me :blush: lol) and they are 10mui sensitivity (So they say) and they cost me about 25p a test! Clicks I would prob use to confirm a positive on the IC, but they arent too bad they cost about 1.50/2 pounds. Sorry I dont have the pound sign on my keyboard! We also get Early Predictor (Way to expensive and most sensitive is only 12.5mui) and Clearblue Plus and Digi. Also I would prob only use it to confirm. The IC's are for my "habit" lol!

I have also wondered about these Dollar Tree tests!! Haha oh well, I would just wanna see a line on ANY test right now :dance::laugh2:

Sorry for super long posts!! I do get carried away sometimes :shy:

Trying, that would be so cool. Esp for people who've been through what we have. Put it this way, we've been ttc every cycle almost for the past 16 months for me and 13 months for you. It gets tiring. The anticipation and disappointment. Haha it's a vicious cycle every month that repeats itself. I'm trying to get to the point where I'm not really trying but trying. If that makes sense. Where if it doesn't happen, I don't feel upset. But if it does I'll be excited. Because I'm also a bit ocd, it's challenging. Hahaa treat it as learning a life skill. Let it go a bit.

Tesh my doctor never tested for progesterone. Maybe it's not common here to run tests for that. For my last MMC she did prescribe duphaston as I had spotting. Where do you buy progesterone cream and how do you use it? Is there any side effect to using it?

Where about in the world are you at Hungry? I am in South Africa, and here we don't get free treatment for Fertility, everything is cash or Medical Aid! I think even here a doctor will have to request the progesterone test be done in order for it to happen. Maybe u can tell your doc that u suspect low progesterone and that it would put your mind at ease to know if it could be a problem for u or not. I am not sure if I have a progesterone problem, but I have ordered natural progesterone cream online from an SA website, and u just apply the cream (I am thinking somewhere on your tummy like twice a day) and your body absorbs it through your skin and into your blood stream. I know if theydoc does prescribe progesterone for u he will make u take it in tablet form.

I do apologise in advance again for this long post ladies 8-[, but here is some info I have found on Natural Progesterone Cream:

"Progesterone Cream: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) by Dr. Lee
by John R. Lee, M.D. and Virginia Hopkins

Q: What is progesterone?

A: Progesterone is a steroid hormone made by the corpus luteum of the ovary at ovulation, and in smaller amounts by the adrenal glands. Progesterone is manufactured in the body from the steroid hormone pregnenolone, and is a precursor to most of the other steroid hormones, including cortisol, androstenedione, the estrogens and testosterone.

In a normally cycling female, the corpus luteum produces 20 to 30 mg of progesterone daily during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.

Q: Why do women need progesterone?

A: Progesterone is needed in hormone replacement therapy for menopausal women for many reasons, but one of its most important roles is to balance or oppose the effects of estrogen. Unopposed estrogen creates a strong risk for breast cancer and reproductive cancers.

Estrogen levels drop only 40-60% at menopause, which is just enough to stop the menstrual cycle. But progesterone levels may drop to near zero in some women. Because progesterone is the precursor to so many other steroid hormones, its use can greatly enhance overall hormone balance after menopause. Progesterone also stimulates bone-building and thus helps protect against osteoporosis.

Q: Why not just use the progestin Provera as prescribed by most doctors?

A: Progesterone is preferable to the synthetic progestins such as Provera, because it is natural to the body and has no undesirable side effects when used as directed.

If you have any doubts about how different progesterone is from the progestins, remember that the placenta produces 300-400 mg of progesterone daily during the last few months of pregnancy, so we know that such levels are safe for the developing baby. But progestins, even at fractions of this dose, can cause birth defects. The progestins also cause many other side effects, including partial loss of vision, breast cancer in test dogs, an increased risk of strokes, fluid retention, migraine headaches, asthma, cardiac irregularities and depression.

Q: What is estrogen dominance?

A: Dr. Lee has coined the term "estrogen dominance," to describe what happens when the normal ratio or balance of estrogen to progesterone is changed by excess estrogen or inadequate progesterone. Estrogen is a potent and potentially dangerous hormone when not balanced by adequate progesterone.

Both women who have suffered from PMS and women who have suffered from menopausal symptoms, will recognize the hallmark symptoms of estrogen dominance: weight gain, bloating, mood swings, irritability, tender breasts, headaches, fatigue, depression, hypoglycemia, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and fibrocystic breasts. Estrogen dominance is known to cause and/or contribute to cancer of the breast, ovary, endometrium (uterus), and prostate.

Q: Why would a premenopausal woman need progesterone cream?

A: In the ten to fifteen years before menopause, many women regularly have anovulatory cycles in which they make enough estrogen to create menstruation, but they don't make any progesterone, thus setting the stage for estrogen dominance. Using progesterone cream during anovulatory months can help prevent the symptoms of PMS.

We now know that PMS can occur despite normal progesterone levels when stress is present. Stress increases cortisol production; cortisol blockades (or competes for) progesterone receptors. Additional progesterone is required to overcome this blockade, and stress management is important.

Q: What is progesterone made from?

A: The USP progesterone used for hormone replacement comes from plant fats and oils, usually a substance called diosgenin which is extracted from a very specific type of wild yam that grows in Mexico, or from soybeans. In the laboratory diosgenin is chemically synthesized into real human progesterone. The other human steroid hormones, including estrogen, testosterone, progesterone and the cortisones are also nearly always synthesized from diosgenin.

Some companies are trying to sell diosgenin, which they label "wild yam extract" as a medicine or supplement, claiming that the body will then convert it into hormones as needed. While we know this can be done in the laboratory, there is no evidence that this conversion takes place in the human body.

Q: Where should I put the progesterone cream?

A: Because progesterone is very fat-soluble, it is easily absorbed through the skin. From subcutaneous fat, progesterone is absorbed into capillary blood. Thus absorption is best at all the skin sites where people blush: face, neck, chest, breasts, inner arms and palms of the hands.

Q: What is the recommended dosage of progesterone?

A: For premenopausal women the usual dose is 15-24 mg/day for 14 days before expected menses, stopping the day or so before menses.

For postmenopausal women, the dose that often works well is 15 mg/day for 25 days of the calendar month.

Q: What amount of progesterone do you recommend in a cream?

A: Dr. Lee recommends the creams that contain 450-500 mg of progesterone per ounce, which is 1.6% by weight or 3% by volume. This means that about one quarter teaspoon daily would provide about 20 mg/day.

Q: How safe is progesterone cream?

A: During the third trimester of pregnancy, the placenta produces about 300 mg of progesterone daily, so we know that a one-time overdose of the cream is virtually impossible. If you used a whole jar at once it might make you sleepy. However, Dr. Lee recommends that women avoid using higher than the recommended dosage to avoid hormone imbalances. More is not better when it comes to hormone balance.

Q: Wouldn't it be easier to just take a progesterone pill?

A: Dr. Lee recommends the transdermal cream rather than oral progesterone, because some 80% to 90% of the oral dose is lost through the liver. Thus, at least 200 to 400 mg daily is needed orally to achieve a physiologic dose of 15 to 24 mg daily. Such high doses create undesirable metabolites and unnecessarily overload the liver."

Hope this helps Hungry!! :flower: Any updates from your side?

Well here I am ladies! :witch: got me this morning, one day late.

Please put me down for testing Sept 2nd!!!

This is going to be a lucky month, I can feel it!!

I would love to be able to get my BFP around my DS's 5th Birthday, it would make his year!

Thanks for all the good info on Soya Tesh! It might be worth a try! Nothing else has worked yet obviously. :dohh:

I am excited to have you WONDERFUL ladies to obsess with over the next month:hugs:

Hi Tesh!
I have visited Kensington a few times but so t know it too well! I do love to visit London as there is so much to do there!
Ahhhh thank you. Just as well I didn't find them. It's too late for me now as I'm on CD5 so would have to try next cycle if no BFP. I would love a May baby!!! Doesn't feel as if it will happen though. I always feel defeated even before the month has began some days. Need my positive mode switched back on!
I have some ICs which were super cheap off eBay but would always confirm with a Superdrugs or even a FRER haha! I like to use a digital too as it's nice just to see the words.
What CD are you on now!? Can't believe this time next week my fertile window will be starting. Goes so quickly!
:flower:
Just1more2 welcome to the board! 😀 I will try and put up people's test dates tomorrow when I get onto the desk top. Sorry about AF. But hey another month with us lovely lot!! 😊

Well here I am ladies! :witch: got me this morning, one day late.

Please put me down for testing Sept 2nd!!!

This is going to be a lucky month, I can feel it!!

I would love to be able to get my BFP around my DS's 5th Birthday, it would make his year!

Thanks for all the good info on Soya Tesh! It might be worth a try! Nothing else has worked yet obviously. :dohh:

I am excited to have you WONDERFUL ladies to obsess with over the next month:hugs:

Aw my pleasure just1more2. Welcome to the board!:flow: and sorry the :witch: got u

And u are right! This IS going to be a lucky month!!! Woo hoo!!:happydance:

Will u be trying anythin new this cycle?

Hi Tesh!
I have visited Kensington a few times but so t know it too well! I do love to visit London as there is so much to do there!
Ahhhh thank you. Just as well I didn't find them. It's too late for me now as I'm on CD5 so would have to try next cycle if no BFP. I would love a May baby!!! Doesn't feel as if it will happen though. I always feel defeated even before the month has began some days. Need my positive mode switched back on!
I have some ICs which were super cheap off eBay but would always confirm with a Superdrugs or even a FRER haha! I like to use a digital too as it's nice just to see the words.
What CD are you on now!? Can't believe this time next week my fertile window will be starting. Goes so quickly!
Just1more2 welcome to the board! 😀 I will try and put up people's test dates tomorrow when I get onto the desk top. Sorry about AF. But hey another month with us lovely lot!! 😊

Trying I am so jealous you can visit London so easily :sulk: I'd have to get on a :plane: lol! I do miss it sometimes when I am feeling nostalgic. I really miss the tube!! lol and the pubs! Hands down u cannot beat a British pub!:thumbup:

Yes I know what you mean about feeling defeated... I feel so positive sometimes and then I make the mistake of thinking too much and then I start having doubts and feeling down. But then... I come on here and speak to all u awesome gals and I feel geared up and ready to take this ttc thing on!!!

And oooh yes digital :dance:\\:D/ that;s the stuff right there! Haha. Soon!!

I am on cd10 tomorrow - I know as soon as I get AF i feel like it's gonna be forever, and then bam I am scrambling around looking at scheduling BD timing and reaching for the opks! Haha. I should get my clear blue opks in the mail tomorrow so will start testing as soon as I get home from work in the afternoon.

Our little group is growing.. I expect gr8 things!!! :hugs:

I'm not too far from it at all. Just a train journey away :thumbup: Oh yea I love pubs too. Haha. I love the old fashioned ones and ones with fire places.
If B and B didn't exist I don't know how I would cope with ttc. It's nice to know that there are people out there just as crazy as me :haha: babies on the brain!
Omg wow! That's come round fast! Only 5 days now until I can't start the OPK madness! I'm going to start temping again tomorrow. Been nice to have a few days off. Def going to stop once ov has been confirmed though. Ohhhh have u used the clear blue OPKs before? They seem v posh! I have a batch of 50 off eBay skinny little sticks!
I love this little group 💗. Smaller groups are definatley better I find. I really hope that this thread has even more BFPs

Welcome just1more2!

Tesh, you are like a fertility encyclopaedia!!! All that info you have collected!!! Thanks!! The more i read, the more i wonder if i have an under active thyroid as well!! but the last time i was tested in april (and before that, may 2014), it was normal. is it possible to have changed within 4 months?

Just like trying, i'm on the tail end of AF, CD 5, i'm just a few more days from whipping out the opks again. I usually start on CD11 as that is the earliest i have ovulated, so why waste those darn expensive clear blue digital opks!

Hungry I agree with Tesh being a fertility encyclopaedia :haha: I love it! It is great to learn new stuff all of the time. Really appreciate it!
CD 6 here today. AF has now left the building!!!!!! :happydance: took my first temp this morning. OPKs will be starting on CD10/11. Really hope I ovulate at a decent time this cycle!

I'm not too far from it at all. Just a train journey away :thumbup: Oh yea I love pubs too. Haha. I love the old fashioned ones and ones with fire places.
If B and B didn't exist I don't know how I would cope with ttc. It's nice to know that there are people out there just as crazy as me :haha: babies on the brain!
Omg wow! That's come round fast! Only 5 days now until I can't start the OPK madness! I'm going to start temping again tomorrow. Been nice to have a few days off. Def going to stop once ov has been confirmed though. Ohhhh have u used the clear blue OPKs before? They seem v posh! I have a batch of 50 off eBay skinny little sticks!
I love this little group 💗. Smaller groups are definatley better I find. I really hope that this thread has even more BFPs

Jealous jealous jealous! Lol. I love the old fashioned ones too, those are the best! I used to actually work for a little while at The Goat Tavern on Kensington High Street, apparently it has been around since the 1600's! Dont know how true that is.

BnB - thank god for it really. It does help with the journey definitely!:thumbup:

Sigh... I know they are way too pricey for opks but was forced to get them because I ordered the cheapy opks off BidorBuy (Like Ebay) and the seller only told me yesterday that she hasn't even posted them yet! :growlmad: So by the time they reach me it would be too late for testing. And also I am very impatient :blush: lol 10 pounds for 7 tests here we go! Did my first test at 4pm, and negative. It was super exciting tho with the digital lol

I have just realised just now I can also purchase off ebay :blush: I just wouldn't know when they would reach me with international shipping and all..

LOVE this group too u guys are awesome!!! :dance:<3

Welcome just1more2!

Tesh, you are like a fertility encyclopaedia!!! All that info you have collected!!! Thanks!! The more i read, the more i wonder if i have an under active thyroid as well!! but the last time i was tested in april (and before that, may 2014), it was normal. is it possible to have changed within 4 months?

Just like trying, i'm on the tail end of AF, CD 5, i'm just a few more days from whipping out the opks again. I usually start on CD11 as that is the earliest i have ovulated, so why waste those darn expensive clear blue digital opks!

Haha :blush: thanks Hungry. It is my pleasure really. I have done so much reading since March 2014 when we first started ttc, and before that I didn't even know properly how my cycle actually worked!!

I am sure that our bodies change gradually over time, and we only really start to take notice once we experience symptoms out the ordinary. It would seem to me your thyroid is definitely fine if you were tested in April and before that as well! I don't think there is a gr8 possibility of it changing so hurriedly.

They are bloody expensive these clear blue digis!! Unfortunately the seller I bought my internet cheapies from hasn't even posted them to me yet :dohh: so I would miss my testing period if I had to wait for them. And ovulation tests are so hard to find here! These were like the only ones on the shelf. :growlmad: I will admit though they are pretty fun to use, even if you get that glum looking empty circle lol :haha:

I started testing today at cd10 because my cycles have ranged from 26 - 31 days (with O ranging from cd13 - cd18) in the last 16 months, and also with soy isoflavones there is a possibility of O'ing early, so since its my first time on them just to be safe... and also cos I am impatient! hehe

How long are your cycles? And when do you usually O?

Hungry I agree with Tesh being a fertility encyclopaedia :haha: I love it! It is great to learn new stuff all of the time. Really appreciate it!
CD 6 here today. AF has now left the building!!!!!! :happydance: took my first temp this morning. OPKs will be starting on CD10/11. Really hope I ovulate at a decent time this cycle!

I took a break from temping for about 3 cycles at the beginning of this year because I was so fed up and frustrated with the whole thing. I literally even through my thermometer out the window! lol my DH just laughed and shook his head :dohh: (Men! they will never understand the poor chaps)

I just needed to get rid of the thermometer so I wasn't even tempted to test because I used to drive myself crazy with analysing temps. Last cycle I bought a new thermometer, and asked myself why I am temping again. So I decided that I really would love to know at least once I have ovulated in my cycle, and told myself I am not going to do my head in stressing over temps, cos I just only really need to see 3 high ones and thats all that temping can benefit me. So this cycle and the last I actually feel calmer about the whole temping thing because I realised that I own the thermometer it doesnt own me! And I can toss the sucker aside once I'm done with it! :devil:

But anyway :coffee: enough of the temp rant! How long do your cycles and O date usually range ? :headspin:

Hey, cd1 here, AF decided to show up, so onto second cycle of soy (cd3-5) and EPO too, testing sept 6th, but will test early since I go back to teaching and I have a POAS need lol, good luck to all BDing and sticky beans to all

Welcome Dolphin! &#128512; sorry AF got you.

Ladies I will be coming on here later for a proper catch up/ reply session. Been super busy decorating. It's great fun but so tiring!

Hey, cd1 here, AF decided to show up, so onto second cycle of soy (cd3-5) and EPO too, testing sept 6th, but will test early since I go back to teaching and I have a POAS need lol, good luck to all BDing and sticky beans to all

Hi Dolphin sorry the :witch: got u

Good luck with this cycle I really do hope the soy works this time around. It can take a few cycles so fingers crossed :thumbup:

Yes, thank you Tesh for all your helpful info!!!

This little group is great!! :hugs:

I did some research of my own about Soya, I think maybe they are not for me as have fairly regular cycles and appear to be O'ing each month. I don't temp myself because I have a random sleep pattern as SO works nights... (sucks a little for BD'ing... :haha:)

My cycles usually are about 31-33 days long and I think O usually happens around CD19... I want to find a way to pinpoint it better, but I hate the thought of spending so much $$ on OPK's (I'm kind of cheap :blush:)

Oh my word ladies! Got my first smiley :dance:and first proper confirmed positive opk on my Clear Blue Digi just now!!! I am starting to not feel so bad about being forced to buy them haha that means after I test tomorrow to confirm a negative, I will still have enough left over for next cycle if I need them.

I am only cd11 today!! I have not been ready to ovulate this early in a looooong time so yay!!:happydance: I suspect the Soy had something to do with it as I have also been getting some sharp O pains the last couple days and been feeling similar to AF achey feeling with lower back ache, super tiredness, bloating, and I have been needing to pee almost every 3-4 hours where as usually I only pee like twice a day! lol. Gonna jump my DH as soon as he gets home as we have only BD'd once early in my cycle so far! TMI haha :blush:

Woo hoo for Soy and ClearBlue! :happydance: Lol hopefully I catch the eggy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->