**FeBrUaRy TeStInG tHrEaD** 7 BFP'S

Pretty sure I'm out this month... Woke up with cramps and I'm spotting. This is exactly how AF was last month, started very light as spotting and by the evening was full blown. If this is the case she came a day early which I am very upset about. That at the very most gives me a LP of 9 days, but I actually think it was 8. I think I messed up my chart and actually Oed one day later then it says.

I know it is POSSIBLE to concieve with a short LP but I also know it is MUCH harder for many women who have a short LP. It's simple math, it usually takes at least 9 days for implantation, if not more. Your body does not know you are pregnant till that egg is implanted and producing HCG. So it doesn't matter if your egg has been fertilized and still traveling down ( could even be very close to implanting) your body doesn't know and will continue with the cycle and AF will flush it out. So being on 9dpo today it could be fertilized but my LP is too short and doesn't give it enough time to implant before shedding my uterine wall for the next cycle.

Sure it is POSSIBLE that your fertilized egg travels faster then usual and can implant early enough to signal your body not to have AF, but the chances of that are pretty low. Thus I will be contacting my doctor to do what ever I can to lengthen my LP, anything I can do to increase my odds of getting pregnant. Not willing to wait and hope my body will defy odds when I could be doing something to help!

A quote from an article "As you might imagine, any disruption in the luteal phase of the cycle can be cause for concern since it can affect fertility. Most experts agree that a luteal phase less than 12 days does not give the uterus sufficient time to establish a nourishing lining for a growing fetus and therefore will cause a miscarriage if fertilization has occurred."

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to get that out

Have you had your progesterone checked? Or tried vitamin B6? It helped my LP get from 11-12 to 15-16

Congrats Mummeebee! I got a positive OPK today!! Whoohoo time for bding!

Me too Ashntony! And there are a few others expecting it over the weekend but they're clearly busy with 'other things' at the mo ;) we should maybe start a tww thread on Monday or Tuesday for all us girls who are Oing over weekend? Xx

I have a question: how do people feel about the frequency of BDing? What are people's approaches? We've mainly been trying every other day until the crucial window, and then more frequent once I get a +OPK. Anyone trying anything else? (I'm sure this gets asked pretty often on this site...)

Me too Ashntony! And there are a few others expecting it over the weekend but they're clearly busy with 'other things' at the mo ;) we should maybe start a tww thread on Monday or Tuesday for all us girls who are Oing over weekend? Xx

Sounds like a good idea! I am going to try and not test early this month!!!!! :)

Tons of EWCM this afternoon! BD this morning and we are going to again tonight and tomorrow. FX!!

Also, I wouldn't mind joining a TWW thread with Some of You ladies.

I have a question: how do people feel about the frequency of BDing? What are people's approaches? We've mainly been trying every other day until the crucial window, and then more frequent once I get a +OPK. Anyone trying anything else? (I'm sure this gets asked pretty often on this site...)

I get a single spotting episode (I call it a "spot") about 8 days pre-ovulation, so it's like an advance warning system for me. That shows and then I get the temp drop and watery cervical fluid from the estrogen rise before ovulation. This cycle we started early on CD8, just because we felt like it, and the spot showed on CD9, so we kept at it until I got a temp above last cycle's coverline (only one I had record for) - on CD18. Basically, we had a BD marathon. Can't tell you how effective it was yet, as all BFNs so far and new cycle was due to start yesterday or today. Can tell you that my temp was still in the LP range this morning and no :witch: so far.

The OPKs are hard... never got them to work for me, but the data I've read in the medical literature is that the window of advance warning from the OPK and the lifespan of the egg may only give you the tiniest window to catch it. I'd start temping, if you don't already and when you see the signs of estrogen rising, pre-o temp lowering and more / more fertile CF start doing it every day then until you are sure you're into your LP. FF recommends going until you get crosshairs. We were exhausted, not from the marathon, but from my FIL being hospitalized and having a triple bypass mid-marathon. Unless you know you have a low sperm issue, normally men make about 1.5 million of them per day - so daily isn't too often.

:witch:

Me too!!! :happydance:WooHoo, finally got a postive OPK this morning on CD20. Hoping I get an increase in my temps in the next couple of days.. A TWW thead would be great. I need people to keep my sane...although this month I've found the waiting to O much worse than the TWW I've been through before. I was so happy to get a positive OPK I was dancing round like an idiot. What am I gonna be like when I get a positive pg test??? LOL

I get a single spotting episode (I call it a "spot") about 8 days pre-ovulation, so it's like an advance warning system for me. That shows and then I get the temp drop and watery cervical fluid from the estrogen rise before ovulation. This cycle we started early on CD8, just because we felt like it, and the spot showed on CD9, so we kept at it until I got a temp above last cycle's coverline (only one I had record for) - on CD18. Basically, we had a BD marathon. Can't tell you how effective it was yet, as all BFNs so far and new cycle was due to start yesterday or today. Can tell you that my temp was still in the LP range this morning and no :witch: so far.

The OPKs are hard... never got them to work for me, but the data I've read in the medical literature is that the window of advance warning from the OPK and the lifespan of the egg may only give you the tiniest window to catch it. I'd start temping, if you don't already and when you see the signs of estrogen rising, pre-o temp lowering and more / more fertile CF start doing it every day then until you are sure you're into your LP. FF recommends going until you get crosshairs. We were exhausted, not from the marathon, but from my FIL being hospitalized and having a triple bypass mid-marathon. Unless you know you have a low sperm issue, normally men make about 1.5 million of them per day - so daily isn't too often.

Glad the :witch: hasn't found you yet and chart is looking promising...FX for you :dust:

Pretty sure I'm out this month... Woke up with cramps and I'm spotting. This is exactly how AF was last month, started very light as spotting and by the evening was full blown. If this is the case she came a day early which I am very upset about. That at the very most gives me a LP of 9 days, but I actually think it was 8. I think I messed up my chart and actually Oed one day later then it says.

I know it is POSSIBLE to concieve with a short LP but I also know it is MUCH harder for many women who have a short LP. It's simple math, it usually takes at least 9 days for implantation, if not more. Your body does not know you are pregnant till that egg is implanted and producing HCG. So it doesn't matter if your egg has been fertilized and still traveling down ( could even be very close to implanting) your body doesn't know and will continue with the cycle and AF will flush it out. So being on 9dpo today it could be fertilized but my LP is too short and doesn't give it enough time to implant before shedding my uterine wall for the next cycle.

Sure it is POSSIBLE that your fertilized egg travels faster then usual and can implant early enough to signal your body not to have AF, but the chances of that are pretty low. Thus I will be contacting my doctor to do what ever I can to lengthen my LP, anything I can do to increase my odds of getting pregnant. Not willing to wait and hope my body will defy odds when I could be doing something to help!

A quote from an article "As you might imagine, any disruption in the luteal phase of the cycle can be cause for concern since it can affect fertility. Most experts agree that a luteal phase less than 12 days does not give the uterus sufficient time to establish a nourishing lining for a growing fetus and therefore will cause a miscarriage if fertilization has occurred."

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to get that out

Have you had your progesterone checked? Or tried vitamin B6? It helped my LP get from 11-12 to 15-16

No I have not, I'm going to call my doctor to set up an appt. I heard they need to wait till 7dpo to test for progesterone, I will start taking B6 in the meantime.

What amount should be taken? I've heard anything from 50-100mg.

Wooooo! Positive opk's! I'm wondering how long they stay positive for? Mine are still showing as strong positives or two days and temp dipped a little so not sure. Maybe I have the surge but worries I'm not dropping the egg?

I believe it just varies, some women's surge lasts longer then others giving multiple +OPK's a few days in a row... I had 2 days in a row of +'s I've heard others have up to 5. From what I know you still O 24-48 hours after your 1st positive result, and you can basically just ignore the other +OPK's.

AFM Still just spotting so far with cramping. I'm still pretty sure it's AF starting, but of course I'd love to be surprised with it being implantation spotting. However I'm not getting my hopes up too high so they don't come crashing down when she shows up.

:witch:
Me too Ashntony! And there are a few others expecting it over the weekend but they're clearly busy with 'other things' at the mo ;) we should maybe start a twwb thread on Monday or Tuesday for all us girls who are Oing over weekend? Xx

Me too!!! :happydance:WooHoo, finally got a postive OPK this morning on CD20. Hoping I get an increase in my temps in the next couple of days.. A TWW thead would be great. I need people to keep my sane...although this month I've found the waiting to O much worse than the TWW I've been through before. I was so happy to get a positive OPK I was dancing round like an idiot. What am I gonna be like when I get a positive pg test??? LOL

Glad the :witch: hasn't found you yet and chart is looking promising...FX for you :dust:

We are on the same day I'm CD 21!!!

I think my cover line is too low if you look at my cd1 temp & my temp today they are pretty much the same!! So I think the :witch: will show today at some point :shrug:

Haha Ashntony I'm CD22 today. We all seem to be around the same. I normally have 35 day cycles.

HW - I'm wondering the same thing although I finally had a clear drop in temp today and still got +ve opk's.

My worry at the moment is that I don't have ewcm. It's more watery than anything. I did have loads earlier in the week a few days before +ve opk's but wouldn't that be too soon? Hope DH's little swimmers have something to hitch a ride on. I was explaining it to DH earlier by telling him that my cm was like a surfboard for his wee guys! :)

Has the wicked witch stayed away for all you ladies who are near testing? Xx

hi everyone.

Twag you are still in and your temperature is not too low so Fx...:hugs::dust::dust::dust:

ClandestineTX...wow great chart BFP is def on your way :happydance:

today my temperature slightly went up...no more spotting no af yet...

JBell157, HockeyWife86, AmyRR, ashntony and anyone else Oing around this weekend I've made a thread in the 2ww section. I'll link it below. Still ging to use this thread to find out about everyone testing if that's ok?

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...d-february-may-2ww-commence.html#post25201279

no witch yet but im 90% sure im out, already planning how next month will be different. starting slimming world on Tuesday and this month will only BD every other day :) just wish the witch would show so i can move on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->