**FeBrUaRy TeStInG tHrEaD** 7 BFP'S

This is my first month temping and using FF... before I had any temps entered it set my O date for the 21st, which is what my other tracker was predicting too. But then on CD 8 it updated it to the 19th... still too early for the crosshairs... why would it have changed it? Is it basing it off of some trend in my temps that I don't see?

Either way we are getting close to my O so we have started BD every other day and once (if) I get a positive OPK I think we will BD 3 days in a row then back to every other just in case it comes late. Does that sound reasonable? I've heard it's best to do every other day for best :spermy: and then once getting a positive OPK to :sex: 3 days in a row to try and catch that egg. Since OPK's give you a couple day window.

If you can, try using your OPKs once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening so you don't miss your window. Some ladies have shorter windows than others (like me) and it only lasts for about 12 hours, so if you're only testing once per day, you'll likely miss it. GL!:thumbup:

FF predicts that O is today and my other trackers say Monday (so only 2 more days) I don't completely trust FF yet since its my first month using it. I've been using OPK's since Tuesday and they haven't been getting any darker. Are they supposed to progressively get darker as you get closer or just suddenly be dark once you have your surge?

FF predicts that O is today and my other trackers say Monday (so only 2 more days) I don't completely trust FF yet since its my first month using it. I've been using OPK's since Tuesday and they haven't been getting any darker. Are they supposed to progressively get darker as you get closer or just suddenly be dark once you have your surge?

I think it varies. For me they stay completely blank until the day before O. I get darker lines just on that one day, then positives on O day. Gl!

I use the clearblue easy digital (gives smilies). I have typically had nothing until the day before my calculated O date....although last month I did get a weird positive OPK on CD8. I chalk that up to being a false positive, I think.

This is my first month temping and using FF... before I had any temps entered it set my O date for the 21st, which is what my other tracker was predicting too. But then on CD 8 it updated it to the 19th... still too early for the crosshairs... why would it have changed it? Is it basing it off of some trend in my temps that I don't see?

Either way we are getting close to my O so we have started BD every other day and once (if) I get a positive OPK I think we will BD 3 days in a row then back to every other just in case it comes late. Does that sound reasonable? I've heard it's best to do every other day for best :spermy: and then once getting a positive OPK to :sex: 3 days in a row to try and catch that egg. Since OPK's give you a couple day window.

If you can, try using your OPKs once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening so you don't miss your window. Some ladies have shorter windows than others (like me) and it only lasts for about 12 hours, so if you're only testing once per day, you'll likely miss it. GL!:thumbup:

OPKs give you a 12-24 hour window. If you get ones that turn positive, ever... see my reply to the other posts, below, for what a freak I am...

I think it varies. For me they stay completely blank until the day before O. I get darker lines just on that one day, then positives on O day. Gl!

Oh, yes, it varies. FF uses generic statistics to "predict" O, even if you'd been using it forever, I'd be cautious about trusting their prediction - as O can vary each cycle. The only thing that "relatively" constant is the length of your LP, after ovulation.

AFM and my OPK frustration... I used Wondfo OPKs every day last cycle at 1 pm and 10 pm, never got a true positive (or a blank). My LH level is visibly present and does get darker, but never dark enough to be positive. This cycle, I switched to Target generic OPKs and using them daily with FMU (per instructions)... and again, they were really light negatives and now darker negatives with a really dark leading edge lately, but still definitely negative.

I have looked at probably 1000's of charts, and studied mine from last cycle closely - I have mid-cycle spotting (a spot really, single instance on single day) with a corresponding temp drop, likely due to increased estrogen, prior to LH surge. Last cycle it was CD 12, four days before any ovulation symptoms and eight days before ovulation (based on temps, the positive OPK on my Dec chart was to convince FF to remove the dotted crosshairs). This cycle, spot on CD 9, four days later had symptoms again - would bet $$$ I'll ovulate on or near Tuesday (CD 17) where FF is telling me CD 20. Still too early to say OPKs don't work for me, but if they don't work by the time FF confirms ovulation based on my thermal shift, I'm done with them. And someone suggested digitals to me, as they are "easier to read" but if I can't get a positive on the dip strips, I'm willing to bet my LH surge is below the level needed to get a smiley face on a digi. Happy to hear anyone else's opinions on my situation (or if you've had a similar OPK experience).

So, DHBH0930: my take on your situation - take notes in your chart! If OPKs don't work for you, your body may be giving your more accurate (and FREE) signals pre-o... just my thoughts/experience, so far.

Can I join please. I'll be testing 10th Feb. My birthday is 24th so hoping for early birthday present :) I OV 27-29 :)

Hi Everybody!

I'm brand new to babyandbump, have been ttc for a few months now.... starting to get stressed that maybe something is wrong but then again I know sometimes it just takes time and once it happens it will have been SO worth the wait. Could you please put me on for February 8th? I have high hopes for this month!!!!

Good luck everybody!
Rosie

Welcome! We all know exactly the type of stress you're talking about, so at least you're in the right place!!!

Hi everyone Just sitting here, relaxing having my morning coffee and reading through some threads... And all I keep thinking is, yes I really hope me and dh get some beginners luck in our 1st mth but what seems to be really in my thoughts is all of you, esp those of you TTCing for a long time... You all like me have probably wanted to have a baby from the moment you played with dolls, stuffed a pillow or balloon up your shirt and pretended to be pregnant and played 'house' as a little girl... ;)
I guess what I'm trying to say is... I hope it's your month, I hope against everything, odds temps opks percentages symptoms... All of it! I hope hope hope that it's your month, I hope you stay positive I hope you have a good month, I hope you enjoy the sexy time and come your testing day I hope you get :bfp: ... Good luck everyone <3 and :dust: to everyone :hugs:

I usually avoid commenting on posts like yours, because they make me worry that I'm just not cut out for the mommy thing and I'm only posting, because of information I got last year that comforted me and might help other ladies out there in the shadows that are similar. I never wanted babies when I was little. I played with dolls and such, but had major career aspirations even in elementary school, never pretended I was pregnant and by high school (in the midst of half my friends getting pregnant then), the idea of it terrified me. Then I spent the first half of my 20's proclaiming to the world that I was never getting married or having kids... even if my 30's (now married) and actively ttc, I'm still not thrilled about "babies" but understand that's an unavoidable stage of human development... LOL... am almost a PhD in biological science, after all! And my best friend's mom, who spent 15+ years working in labor and delivery at hospitals has assured me, when I confided in her about this, that my husband (who feels the same way I do) and I are a completely normal subset of people who have kids and end up being great parents. And I think we will do a decent job in the early years, but will be more awesome as our kids get older and more interesting to us. And please don't tell start telling me how this will change and be so magical when I see my own baby, because I know myself and the more people have told me this, the more I'm sure I'll still be me the day after delivery! Sorry for hijacking your post, Mummabee! I just wanted share a different perspective!

Clandestine, I too am in the final stages of a PhD in biological sciences! People think I'm crazy wanting to fall pg before I finish. Like they think the end of a PhD is the most stressful part of a science career! I totally disagree, I think stress levels increase the further you go in science and we have decided this is the right time for us. Have u had similar comments? I am scared of how I am going to juggle a science career and be a good mum as well, but my husband is very supportive and is willing to be a stay at home dad, so I am lucky

Is everyone temping and doing opks this month? I only ask because hubby and I just plan on bding from tmrw through expected o time and a couple more on the other side just in case it's late :haha: and also just monitoring cm. I kind want to have a few things up my sleeve if it doesn't happen easily after a few months?? We plan on keeping the romance alive Otherwise really would be just going at it like :bunny: :haha: :haha: :haha:

This is our 4th cycle ttc #1, going to use OPK's (which I used last month as well, but don't think I did it very well) and temping for the first time. I'm so confused with the OPK's though, some say use fmu while other don't. It's definately easier for me to use fmu so I am consistant. What are peoples opinons, is this ok?
I'm in Australia so I'm not sure we would have the same opks here but I'd be interested to know this too for future ref when we give up on the crazy :sex: schedule we are doing for our first few cycles... :haha: still enjoying it tho and hubby is still pro this too (cant possibly understand why :haha:)for a few months at least... We may start opks April if no :bfp: by then... So would be good to know if there are any Aussies in this thread too....

Hi Mammabee, I am in Australia too! I'm wanting some information about about opk's aswell, this will be my 2nd month using them and so far I've only used first response ones, which seemed to work but are expensive! Any cheaper options would be good. I'll let you know if I come across any. Hopefully you won't need them though, you may get ur BFP soon! I hope so :)
Thanks Amyrr! Yes so expensive they were on special at woollies last week a 3 ok for $12 I think, which is still ridiculous! But opks I haven't paid attention to the cost of those yet!!! Yeah let me know if you find a cheaper option fx I wont need them but I'm not unrealistic ;) are you in Syd too? How long have you been tryin Hun? Hope it's your month too Hun keep me posted on your next few weeks :) :dust: :hugs:

I'm in little old Adelaide mummabee. I didn't see the woolies sale, bummer! We've just started our 4th month of ttc #1, AF left today so back to bding and will start testing with opk's in a few days. Doing temps for the first month as well. Where are u in your cycle?

Is everyone temping and doing opks this month? I only ask because hubby and I just plan on bding from tmrw through expected o time and a couple more on the other side just in case it's late :haha: and also just monitoring cm. I kind want to have a few things up my sleeve if it doesn't happen easily after a few months?? We plan on keeping the romance alive Otherwise really would be just going at it like :bunny: :haha: :haha: :haha:

This is our 4th cycle ttc #1, going to use OPK's (which I used last month as well, but don't think I did it very well) and temping for the first time. I'm so confused with the OPK's though, some say use fmu while other don't. It's definately easier for me to use fmu so I am consistant. What are peoples opinons, is this ok?
I'm in Australia so I'm not sure we would have the same opks here but I'd be interested to know this too for future ref when we give up on the crazy :sex: schedule we are doing for our first few cycles... :haha: still enjoying it tho and hubby is still pro this too (cant possibly understand why :haha:)for a few months at least... We may start opks April if no :bfp: by then... So would be good to know if there are any Aussies in this thread too....

Hi Mammabee, I am in Australia too! I'm wanting some information about about opk's aswell, this will be my 2nd month using them and so far I've only used first response ones, which seemed to work but are expensive! Any cheaper options would be good. I'll let you know if I come across any. Hopefully you won't need them though, you may get ur BFP soon! I hope so :)
Thanks Amyrr! Yes so expensive they were on special at woollies last week a 3 ok for $12 I think, which is still ridiculous! But opks I haven't paid attention to the cost of those yet!!! Yeah let me know if you find a cheaper option fx I wont need them but I'm not unrealistic ;) are you in Syd too? How long have you been tryin Hun? Hope it's your month too Hun keep me posted on your next few weeks :) :dust: :hugs:

I'm in little old Adelaide mummabee. I didn't see the woolies sale, bummer! We've just started our 4th month of ttc #1, AF left today so back to bding and will start testing with opk's in a few days. Doing temps for the first month as well. Where are u in your cycle?

Oh Adelaide :) the city of churches ;) my hubby has to travel there alot for work... I've never been but I hear it's very pretty. Glad af has hit the road for u, I'm on cd13, so we r bding like crazy atm! :haha: I should o this week fx! I'm gonna test on the 8th seeing as I should due on the 7th ...maybe I'll test earlier if I get some good symptoms :dohh:
where did you get bbt from?

Thanks clandestine - I always look forward to your posts as I feel I'm learning something :blush: I am now spotting and having strong cramps so af will be here by tomorrow morning... I'm ok as I knew it would happen! On to feb cycle..... :coffee:

Clandestine, I too am in the final stages of a PhD in biological sciences! People think I'm crazy wanting to fall pg before I finish. Like they think the end of a PhD is the most stressful part of a science career! I totally disagree, I think stress levels increase the further you go in science and we have decided this is the right time for us. Have u had similar comments? I am scared of how I am going to juggle a science career and be a good mum as well, but my husband is very supportive and is willing to be a stay at home dad, so I am lucky

We're also on cycle #4, ttc#1 :)

My adviser, upon discovering news of another student's pregnancy, asked me to wait until I graduated to get pregnant. I told him I wouldn't promise him that, but I'd try not physically have a baby before I graduate... I'm hoping he had been drinking at lunch that day and has forgotten that last part! If I fall this cycle, I'll be due a semester plus two months before graduation.

I've discovered there is no "right" time for anyone to have a baby, especially for women in science. There are worse times than others, but never a good time. I've never seen so much judgement in my life and work hard to support my fellow colleagues - especially ladies who make choices they feel are right for them (to have kids or to wait). I'm lucky, because 2 of the female PhD students in my office already have had babies in the program (one's was actually her second). My mom's set to retire near the end of this year, hoping she can help a few days a week and my schedule stays as flexible as it is, I could take a few others - and hopefully my husband could work from home at least one day a week to save on daycare - which is horribly expensive around here. Great that your husband could be a stay at home dad - my husband would go crazy (he's a non-biological scientist), though we have a young faculty member who's husband does stay home with their new one.

We want more than one, I'm already 31. Basically have decided it's best to have #1 pre-graduation and #2 (possibly 2&3, as my family twins - both sides) after I've been working out of school for at least a year. Should get both pregnancies in by the time I'm 35, which is my goal... if I'd just get the first BFP, already!!!

Thanks clandestine - I always look forward to your posts as I feel I'm learning something :blush: I am now spotting and having strong cramps so af will be here by tomorrow morning... I'm ok as I knew it would happen! On to feb cycle..... :coffee:

Thanks, I've learned so much the last few months and am happy to share things I've read and/or experienced in hopes that it helps others along! And sorry about your impending witch visit. I felt very similarly coming off the Jan cycle, myself... like, OK let's try again! Hoping Feb is IT, would love to have a first anniversary baby!

I hope you and I fall pregnant together, Clandestine, as I suppose you will be an amazing wealth of information as we go through that stage as well!

Hi ladies. How are we? Wc to the new ladies and lots of :dust:

CD 12 for me, not bding yet as been poorly, still not 100% but starting bding tonight. Due to O next weekend

We're also on cycle #4, ttc#1 :)

My adviser, upon discovering news of another student's pregnancy, asked me to wait until I graduated to get pregnant. I told him I wouldn't promise him that, but I'd try not physically have a baby before I graduate... I'm hoping he had been drinking at lunch that day and has forgotten that last part! If I fall this cycle, I'll be due a semester plus two months before graduation.

I've discovered there is no "right" time for anyone to have a baby, especially for women in science. There are worse times than others, but never a good time. I've never seen so much judgement in my life and work hard to support my fellow colleagues - especially ladies who make choices they feel are right for them (to have kids or to wait). I'm lucky, because 2 of the female PhD students in my office already have had babies in the program (one's was actually her second). My mom's set to retire near the end of this year, hoping she can help a few days a week and my schedule stays as flexible as it is, I could take a few others - and hopefully my husband could work from home at least one day a week to save on daycare - which is horribly expensive around here. Great that your husband could be a stay at home dad - my husband would go crazy (he's a non-biological scientist), though we have a young faculty member who's husband does stay home with their new one.

We want more than one, I'm already 31. Basically have decided it's best to have #1 pre-graduation and #2 (possibly 2&3, as my family twins - both sides) after I've been working out of school for at least a year. Should get both pregnancies in by the time I'm 35, which is my goal... if I'd just get the first BFP, already!!!

Well hopefully Feb will bring a BPF for both of us! My supervisor has also said that if I was planning to have children that I should wait till my PhD is over. Makes me so angry, its really none of their business! She is a female as well but has no kids prob a choice she made for her science career. If I was to fall pg this cycle I would be due about a month after I intend to submit my thesis which would sort of be perfect.

Oh Adelaide :) the city of churches ;) my hubby has to travel there alot for work... I've never been but I hear it's very pretty. Glad af has hit the road for u, I'm on cd13, so we r bding like crazy atm! :haha: I should o this week fx! I'm gonna test on the 8th seeing as I should due on the 7th ...maybe I'll test earlier if I get some good symptoms :dohh:
where did you get bbt from?

Yep, the city of churches, I love living in Adelaide, big cities like Sydney are lovely to visit but a little on the hectic side for me.

Well make sure you keep me updated I'll be thinking of u on the 8th :hugs:

And sorry I'm a bit new too all these abbreviations, what does BBT mean :shrug:

Af arrived as predicted but its fine as I knew it would happen. Another Lutheal phase at 8 days, my average is only 9 :cry: I know it's not helping but hopefully next month the bd will be right and the Lutheal phase my longest record of 11 days :happydance: and bfp will happen..... A girl can dream :hugs:

Hi Mrs. Lemon :hi: actually I think I will test with you. Can't believe you are finishing a second cycle and I'm on the same one I was when we first "met!" So aggravating! Anyway. Ff gave me my crosshairs so I guess I finally ovulated 3rd time lucky on Cd 42 so I'm now 5 dpo again. So af is due on the 30th but I am moving so I think I can wait until the 6th. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->