**FeBrUaRy TeStInG tHrEaD** 7 BFP'S

Oh Adelaide :) the city of churches ;) my hubby has to travel there alot for work... I've never been but I hear it's very pretty. Glad af has hit the road for u, I'm on cd13, so we r bding like crazy atm! :haha: I should o this week fx! I'm gonna test on the 8th seeing as I should due on the 7th ...maybe I'll test earlier if I get some good symptoms :dohh:
where did you get bbt from?

Yep, the city of churches, I love living in Adelaide, big cities like Sydney are lovely to visit but a little on the hectic side for me.

Well make sure you keep me updated I'll be thinking of u on the 8th :hugs:

And sorry I'm a bit new too all these abbreviations, what does BBT mean :shrug:

Yeah we love Syd, but we actually live out west so we are well away from the hectic city. But it's still probably more hectic than Adelaide?? :shrug:
Thanks Hun you too, :flower: pretty excited but trying not to get my hopes up :wacko: ill be thinking of you all month :hugs: any ball park idea on when you'll be testing?
Bbt mean Basel body thermometer, :dohh: I thought that's what everyone used to temp? Something about it being a more accurate or something maybe someone in here will read this and give a better explanation? :shrug:

Well hopefully Feb will bring a BPF for both of us! My supervisor has also said that if I was planning to have children that I should wait till my PhD is over. Makes me so angry, its really none of their business! She is a female as well but has no kids prob a choice she made for her science career. If I was to fall pg this cycle I would be due about a month after I intend to submit my thesis which would sort of be perfect.

FX for FEB! It really is none of anyone's business, except you and your partner (husband, boyfriend, donor, doctor - as I know other ladies read this who aren't partnered in the traditional sense).

We have a female faculty member who's never married or had kids. She was so excited when one of her students was expecting last year, she hosted the family-friendly baby shower - with industry-specific games, etc. It was the best shower I'd ever been to in my life. Still shocked (everyone, including me), as I think we all half-expected her to send her student to a new research group! My master's program director (partnered, no kids) told us the best time to have kids was while finishing one's dissertation. I wasn't planning to at the time, but coincidentally have taken her advice!

p.s. when chopping down quotes, if you make sure you leave the /QUOTE (in brackets) at the end, it will keep the shaded area around the original text.

Af arrived as predicted but its fine as I knew it would happen. Another Lutheal phase at 8 days, my average is only 9 :cry: I know it's not helping but hopefully next month the bd will be right and the Lutheal phase my longest record of 11 days :happydance: and bfp will happen..... A girl can dream :hugs:

Your dreams aren't out of this world. Implantation can take as early as 6 days, so even 8-9 days is not impossible! Have you tried any supplements (or talked to your doc) about your LP length concerns? BTW, my only LP on record was only 10!

Hi Mrs. Lemon :hi: actually I think I will test with you. Can't believe you are finishing a second cycle and I'm on the same one I was when we first "met!" So aggravating! Anyway. Ff gave me my crosshairs so I guess I finally ovulated 3rd time lucky on Cd 42 so I'm now 5 dpo again. So af is due on the 30th but I am moving so I think I can wait until the 6th. Good luck

I'm soooo glad you finally got confirmed ovulation! And your recent temps look good for LP temps!

AFM... a little less extreme. My only off-line pal who knows we're ttc suffered an anembryonic pregnancy/ blighted ovum recently, 24 days since D&C and with my research help... got her OPKs positive yesterday... and I'm still waiting to ovulate this cycle. So she might be pregnant twice since we've been trying, but it will only be in 4 months time. She and I are trying to focus on the possibility of being due a week apart (or less)... this is the part where science hurts... both of us getting pregnant are independent events (each occurring doesn't change the chance the other will occur), and there's that "20%" chance of conception each cycle with perfect timing (BTW never been able to validate that)... so we've got a 4% chance that we will both fall together this cycle, within a week of each other... ahhh, science, my imagination was a lot more optimistic!

Still no positive on the OPKs.. Don't think I've missed it since I have been testing 2-3 times a day. They are still not darkening at all. (So not even a questionable positive) FF estimated O for yesterday, which doesn't concern me since I didn't think that was right. All other trackers say tomorrow is O so I feel like I should be getting a positive now! :growlmad: temps are staying around the same, no spike yet. We have been BDing just in case, cause I don't want to miss my window! I have a fear of finding out that I don't ovulate :shrug: my cycles are usually pretty consistent 26-28 days. Is that at least a good sign since they are regular? I'm wondering if I just O late in my cycle... Could that be a bad thing and make it harder to conceive if you O late in your cycle?

Can you put me down for the 1st please? Waiting is so hard!

Still no positive on the OPKs.. Don't think I've missed it since I have been testing 2-3 times a day. They are still not darkening at all. (So not even a questionable positive) FF estimated O for yesterday, which doesn't concern me since I didn't think that was right. All other trackers say tomorrow is O so I feel like I should be getting a positive now! :growlmad: temps are staying around the same, no spike yet. We have been BDing just in case, cause I don't want to miss my window! I have a fear of finding out that I don't ovulate :shrug: my cycles are usually pretty consistent 26-28 days. Is that at least a good sign since they are regular? I'm wondering if I just O late in my cycle... Could that be a bad thing and make it harder to conceive if you O late in your cycle?

From what I found out online it's not so much a problem if you O later but it is if you cycle isn't longer then normal. If you don't have a long enough LP then there isn't enough time for the embryo to implant if its not at least 10 days long... FXed that I find some evidence of O over the next couple days!! :wacko:

From what I found out online it's not so much a problem if you O later but it is if you cycle isn't longer then normal. If you don't have a long enough LP then there isn't enough time for the embryo to implant if its not at least 10 days long... FXed that I find some evidence of O over the next couple days!! :wacko:

I ovulated at CD 20 last cycle with a normal 27-28 day cycle... and then after O on CD 20, I ended up with a 30 day cycle, just to keep life entertaining. I still haven't had a positive OPK (second cycle using them) and since I know O is imminent, I'm now testing every 6 hours... LOL... and STILL no positive. Will keep this up, DTD and all, until I get a temp rise. I'd not worry at all about your LP at this point, just keep on at least until you get a sustained thermal shift, 3 days of higher temps. GL!!!

I ovulated at CD 20 last cycle with a normal 27-28 day cycle... and then after O on CD 20, I ended up with a 30 day cycle, just to keep life entertaining. I still haven't had a positive OPK (second cycle using them) and since I know O is imminent, I'm now testing every 6 hours... LOL... and STILL no positive. Will keep this up, DTD and all, until I get a temp rise. I'd not worry at all about your LP at this point, just keep on at least until you get a sustained thermal shift, 3 days of higher temps. GL!!!

Thanks...Im trying to not worry too much right now and it sounds like there are decently easy ways to fix it if I were to have an LP defect. I'm on CD 13 and AF is due exactly 14 days from now. Since I've been tracking, AF has almost always been on time, at the most 1 day off in either direction. So at the latest I'm 15 days away from AF. So according to what I've read I would have to O by this Tuesday or very latest Wednesday to even stand a chance of getting my BFP. Since they say you usually need 12 days. We are just gonna keep BDing until I hopefully see that temp rise!

my phd dissertation supervisor has been really supportive. she knows that we are ttcing, and once she told me that her biggest achievement in her life was her daughter, not her books, publications or presentations. I was shocked to hear such things from her, because I have always seen her as a power woman. I am with her for the last 6 years and I only learned that she was a mother a few months ago :shrug:

Anyhow, I am supposed to give my last draft at the end of February. I hope I have a little bump during my public defense which should be in March or May. But hehe I am two chapters behind my schedule, obviously I am spending more time on TTC forums.

Hi Mrs. Lemon :hi: actually I think I will test with you. Can't believe you are finishing a second cycle and I'm on the same one I was when we first "met!" So aggravating! Anyway. Ff gave me my crosshairs so I guess I finally ovulated 3rd time lucky on Cd 42 so I'm now 5 dpo again. So af is due on the 30th but I am moving so I think I can wait until the 6th. Good luck

Oh Yay hopefully this will be a lucky cycle for both of us and then I can stalk you through a happy healthy 9 months :) :D

Thanks...Im trying to not worry too much right now and it sounds like there are decently easy ways to fix it if I were to have an LP defect. I'm on CD 13 and AF is due exactly 14 days from now. Since I've been tracking, AF has almost always been on time, at the most 1 day off in either direction. So at the latest I'm 15 days away from AF. So according to what I've read I would have to O by this Tuesday or very latest Wednesday to even stand a chance of getting my BFP. Since they say you usually need 12 days. We are just gonna keep BDing until I hopefully see that temp rise!

A normal LP is 10-16 days. Implantation can range from 6-12 DPO and the average day for implantation is 9 DPO. You're probably fine!

my phd dissertation supervisor has been really supportive. she knows that we are ttcing, and once she told me that her biggest achievement in her life was her daughter, not her books, publications or presentations. I was shocked to hear such things from her, because I have always seen her as a power woman. I am with her for the last 6 years and I only learned that she was a mother a few months ago :shrug:

Anyhow, I am supposed to give my last draft at the end of February. I hope I have a little bump during my public defense which should be in March or May. But hehe I am two chapters behind my schedule, obviously I am spending more time on TTC forums.

Congrats on your defense! Mine is still about a year out, but not waiting until then to ttc. I have lost TONS of productivity to these forums as well, at least we know we're in good company!!!

Finally got my positive opk this morning. So my ovulation is about a day or two later than it has been in the last 5 months, so I am hoping my cycles are going back to normal before my Clomid incident. I will know for sure if I get another LP of no more than 16 days. It would be nice to have 28-29 day cycles again down from 34 days so I don't have to wait as long to test. :haha:

Wish my af would finish already... then again last cycle was 89 days ... just waiting on my concieve easy kit!

89! That's terrible. Mine is 47 ATM, and already tired of it

Hi Ladies!

So the Clomid thing, I am not sure what to expect?? AF should come this week and then the cLomid journey begins...

Hello everyone,
I will be testing the 19th but this is my first month of Clomid so not sure how that will affect my cycle....

I guess I am unknown for now. Will update when I decide to test or when my living situation is settled. Af due on the 30th of January so we'll see

Oh Adelaide :) the city of churches ;) my hubby has to travel there alot for work... I've never been but I hear it's very pretty. Glad af has hit the road for u, I'm on cd13, so we r bding like crazy atm! :haha: I should o this week fx! I'm gonna test on the 8th seeing as I should due on the 7th ...maybe I'll test earlier if I get some good symptoms :dohh:
where did you get bbt from?

Yep, the city of churches, I love living in Adelaide, big cities like Sydney are lovely to visit but a little on the hectic side for me.

Well make sure you keep me updated I'll be thinking of u on the 8th :hugs:

And sorry I'm a bit new too all these abbreviations, what does BBT mean :shrug:

Yeah we love Syd, but we actually live out west so we are well away from the hectic city. But it's still probably more hectic than Adelaide?? :shrug:
Thanks Hun you too, :flower: pretty excited but trying not to get my hopes up :wacko: ill be thinking of you all month :hugs: any ball park idea on when you'll be testing?
Bbt mean Basel body thermometer, :dohh: I thought that's what everyone used to temp? Something about it being a more accurate or something maybe someone in here will read this and give a better explanation? :shrug:

Oh yeah, should have know that abbreviation :blush:. I'm just using a normal thermometer. I didn't realise you needed a special one till someone told me yesterday. I'll just see how I go with this one for this month. Hey any idea how you put a link to your temp chart on your signature on this forum? I can't work it out.

I'm on cd7 today, last month I had a 35 day cycle but the month before I had a 28 day cycle so I've decided to test 14dpo. Just don't know when ov will be yet. I'm thinking I'll be testing somewhere betweem the 15th and 20th.

Well hopefully Feb will bring a BPF for both of us! My supervisor has also said that if I was planning to have children that I should wait till my PhD is over. Makes me so angry, its really none of their business! She is a female as well but has no kids prob a choice she made for her science career. If I was to fall pg this cycle I would be due about a month after I intend to submit my thesis which would sort of be perfect.

FX for FEB! It really is none of anyone's business, except you and your partner (husband, boyfriend, donor, doctor - as I know other ladies read this who aren't partnered in the traditional sense).

We have a female faculty member who's never married or had kids. She was so excited when one of her students was expecting last year, she hosted the family-friendly baby shower - with industry-specific games, etc. It was the best shower I'd ever been to in my life. Still shocked (everyone, including me), as I think we all half-expected her to send her student to a new research group! My master's program director (partnered, no kids) told us the best time to have kids was while finishing one's dissertation. I wasn't planning to at the time, but coincidentally have taken her advice!

p.s. when chopping down quotes, if you make sure you leave the /QUOTE (in brackets) at the end, it will keep the shaded area around the original text.

Yeah I realised I accidently left that 'quote' mark off when it was too late and had already hit the submit reply button :blush:

There's no other time in your career when you have such a flexible timetable as in your PhD. Although I know if I do get pg it will make the writing up process harder, and hubby doesn't want me to be stressed so I'm not negatively affecting the baby. As you said before, there really is never a good time, we've just got to do the best we can when the time comes. Do you know when your testing this month?

Don't stress too much, it is normal for women to have unovulatory cycles. If you don't ov this month it doesn't mean you wont next month. FX you do though :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->