First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Hey gals! Kfs1, I am so excited for you! I got a little misty-eyed when I read your post. Very happy for you. Good luck today to BabyW, Brighteyez and knitgirl! I'm thinking of you and I'll be checking in to see your updates!

Leens - I hear ya with the billing headaches. As if this wasn't stressful enough! I just got a $1000 bill for my HSG test from Sept. My insurance covers infertility diagnosis, but not treatment. Well, you'd think the HSG to determine why I can't conceive would be considered diagnosis, right?? They coded it as treatment, so it wasn't covered. Ugh! That makes no sense.

Booger - LOVE your new pic! It's so cute!

Terri - that sounds like the BEST kind of Thanksgiving! Fun!

Happy Friday all!

AFM, nothing new. I keep looking at my calendar, as if just checking it makes me one step closer to starting everything. At least we are now almost into Dec., I'm sure time will fly by. A good friend of my hubby's, whose wedding we attended last year, just announced he and his wife are expecting. Yes, stings a little! I know I should be happy for them. Sometimes it feels like when I scroll through Facebook there are babies, pregnant bellies, pregnancy announcements EVERYWHERE.

At least I have such a wonderful time of year to distract myself! I cannot believe Thanksgiving is already next week! Yahoo for a four-day weekend! My sister and her doggie, me and hubs and our pup are all headed to my parents' for the day/night for Thanksgiving. They live on an island so its always fun to visit. It'll be a full house, that's for sure. We'll watch lots of football - my Seahawks are playing the forty-whiners! Hehe, sorry if there are any 49-er fans on the thread. =)

I keep feeling like af should be any day, but she ain't comin'. I've been feeling very emotional and irritable lately (yes, poor hubby), that's how I know she's comin'.

brighteyez-Oh no!! I'm so sorry...I was so hopeful that you would be next on the successes list. Go to Vacarro's and indulge on cannolis and gelato. It is kind of cold for that though, but you deserve it. Treat yourself to something nice and cry it out, and then get back on the horse. :hugs:

PS. booger-I like your new picture. Fun!

Brighteyez - I'm so sorry, sweetie! :hugs: That just stinks.

LadySosa - I totally understand just staring at the calendar! I'm glad it's not March and I'm waiting for May or something like that since nothing goes on that time of year to serve as a distraction.

I will be cooking...not usually a huge meal...turkey, gravy, potatoes, rice, mac & cheese, green bean casserole, stuffing. There is a huge debate in my house over potatoes vs rice. My family always did rice...but I have to do potatoes for my husband & I resent it every year!

The show is in a colliseum...they do hockey, theatre, basketball, & all kinds of shows there. So I guess they will just set it up for the horses. It is a small place which is nice because all the seats are good seats.

Not sure why HSG would not be covered. Can your dr resubmit under a different billing? it is not treatment it is dignosis. My hsg would have been covered by I paid cash. The bill was cheaper that way & less than my deductible.

Just heard from my RE and he said the beta was 135. He said lets cross fingers and hope it rises nicely on Monday. Oh the waiting! I'm still spotting though so I'm nervous.

As for my Thanksgiving we are having 2. One at my brothers tomorrow bc he had a preemie in Sept and they can't travel. Next week we will be with Dh's family which is usually a booze fest. I have work the next day too. Boo. Can't wait to see my brother and my nephew. My sister in law is so funny so tomorrow should be fun n

Booger - Thanks for the love. I have a wood stove, too, and the mess drives me NUTS.

Terri - Your Thanksgiving with friends sounds awesome. Jealous. :)

LadySosa - Your Thanksgiving sounds great, too! Your parents live on an island? Sounds awesome. :)

Beagle - I vote for potatoes. (Sorry!!!)

Babyw - Great news about your beta. Try to relax a bit now.

Brighteyes - so sorry...:hugs:

BabyW - just stay away from Dr Google as much as you can this weekend. Spotting is normal and you have a great starting number!!

Beagle - why not make both? Hubby's family used to only make a meat dressing and not the regular bread stuffing that my family always makes - I have been around enough they now make both - it started because I would offer to make it. Combine the traditions!!!

Lady - tell them to recode and rebill the insurance company. I ran into the same issue - they said it wasn't covered when my insurance policy clearly said that it was. I never ended up paying.

Hi to all!! We'll be going to the inlaws for the holidays. Bro-in-law just broke up with his girlfriend of 7 years, so might be a bit interesting... can't believe it is already thanksgiving - this time last year I was waiting for the call from the beta for my first IUI...what a difference a year makes! :thumbup:

Congrats on that great beta, babywhisperer! Now go enjoy your weekend :winkwink:

Brighteyez73 - I'm so sorry. You've been in my thoughts. Are you going to try again soon with your frozen embies?

LadySosa - My insurance didn't cover my HSG either. Jerks. I almost called and fought with them about it, then decided it probably wouldn't change the outcome and would only raise my blood pressure LOL. So I just wrote the check and forgot about it. Although they only charged me $650.00... $1,000.00 seams a little steep. I wonder if you call them and tell them you're a cash customer if they will reduce the price for you. Some hospitals will do that.

Beaglemom- Thanksgiving dinner is not Thanksgiving dinner without mashed potatoes!! :haha:

Terri - Your Thanksgiving dinner sound like it's going to be so much fun. I'm jealous. Sometimes the best families are the ones you choose, not the ones you were given. My family is all local but nobody is getting along right now. It's so stupid. It all started when my brother got married a year ago (to not a very nice girl) and it literally tore the family apart. One brother isn't talking to me or my other brother. Then another brother isn't talking to my dad. I'm not talking to my mom. The whole thing is so crazy. So we are all splitting up for the holidays and doing our own thing :/ Well except my dad, he usually goes where I go LOL.

Babywhisperer - Your beta is a great number. Now just try to relax and enjoy your weekend. I know, easier said than done lol.

kfs1 - Go celebrate this weekend!!!! :happydance:

booger - Cute picture!! :)

BabyW-Woohoo!!!! :happydance: :wohoo: You did it!!! That's three successes so far, and looking forward to more in the coming months. Get a babysitter for Jack, and go paint the town red!

Moni-You are so right...what a difference a year makes. Happy Thanksgiving.

beagle-I agree with the others...Thanksgiving is an exercise in gluttony, so why not have rice and potatoes. If no one wants rice, just make a small portion and you eat it, and feel like you're a little kid again. No harm in making extra.

Amy-I'm so sorry your family isn't getting along. I'm happy to report that I have never had to deal with that. We all get very frustrated with my younger brother, but we still talk to him (if he calls). hee hee. Hope you and your dad have a nice day somewhere.

LadySosa-Are your parents on Bainbridge Island? Have a great time!

brighteyez-Ok, seriously, do I need to drive you to Vacarro's (yummy Italian bakery in the city)? I will! hee hee. Actually, I just made lemonade and I overdid it on the sugar, so no more sweets for me today. Once I drink one more cup, I'm going to have to water it down. I should have stuck to the 1-1 1/4 ratio, instead of 1-1 3/4. Oops. Needs ice cubes.

Everyone else-Enjoy the weekend!

Hey Terri - wow, you've heard of Bainbridge?? I'm surprised! No, they live on Whidbey Island. That's where I grew up. Everyone thinks its cool that I grew up on an island but in reality it was pretty isolating as a teenager! I dreamed of living in a big city! Haha.

Amy - sorry your family is not getting along. Hopefully its a phase and they'll get through it and remember how important family is!

Congrats BabyW!

Ugh, not having the best day at work. So nice to check in here with friends - it cheers me up. My boss can be kind of a loonie bin sometimes, just very high strung and anxious. She wants me to 'check in with her' on everything, even the little things that I'd assumed (incorrectly, apparently) I could make a decision on. Ugh. I wish I could look around for another job sometimes, but since they're covering my IVF in Jan, I gotta stick it out! We moved office locations, and now we are RIGHT next door to eachother. In the other building we were on the opposite sides of the office, that was great! Oh well. At least its Friday.

I was born and lived in Seattle for several years of my life and that's why I guessed Bainbridge. Whiskey (oops, Whidbey) was my second choice. I want to go back so badly but my vacation time/money is low at this point so who knows when I can head west.
Sorry your boss is being a snot, but they are covering you for the time being so stay strong and start consulting her for everything. Sooner or later she will get tired of it. Yes, it's Friday!!!

Hey Terri - wow, you've heard of Bainbridge?? I'm surprised! No, they live on Whidbey Island. That's where I grew up. Everyone thinks its cool that I grew up on an island but in reality it was pretty isolating as a teenager! I dreamed of living in a big city! Haha.

Amy - sorry your family is not getting along. Hopefully its a phase and they'll get through it and remember how important family is!

Congrats BabyW!

Ugh, not having the best day at work. So nice to check in here with friends - it cheers me up. My boss can be kind of a loonie bin sometimes, just very high strung and anxious. She wants me to 'check in with her' on everything, even the little things that I'd assumed (incorrectly, apparently) I could make a decision on. Ugh. I wish I could look around for another job sometimes, but since they're covering my IVF in Jan, I gotta stick it out! We moved office locations, and now we are RIGHT next door to eachother. In the other building we were on the opposite sides of the office, that was great! Oh well. At least its Friday.

Ugh micromanaging is the worst. Hopefully she will realize the more you consult her on every little thing the less you both will actually get done. And yes Happy Friday.

I fell asleep at 8 and now awake and can't go back to sleep. Thanking all of you for your support this week. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with their families and friends. Xo

Hi girls, 2 days ago I typed a long post and when I got to the end it wouldn't let me post it, then it erased when I tried refreshing:(

Kfs- huge congratulations! So happy you have your positive! I admire you for being able to hold out on testing!!

Baby w- congrats on your positive as well! Sorry you are spotting, I know the worry that can cause. I hope it stops anc you have a happy/healty 9 months��

Brighteyez- so sorry your beta was negative. Sending lots of hugs and love your way. We are here for you girlie.

Good morning everyone...

Soooo my willpower failed me this morning and I tested :wacko:. I think I have a squinter here!!! Still feeling really unsure though because I would think at 9dp5dt a positive test would be a lot darker. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the test gets a little darker tomorrow. Now I remember why I wanted to wait lol. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• FullSize.jpg
    FullSize.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 22
Amy!! I totally see it. I think you got yourself a :bfp: When do you go in for your beta?? :wohoo: Another success!!! Did you tell your DH yet? hee hee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->