First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Yay!!!

My vent for the day...today was SUPPOSED to be my anatomy scan - I made the appointment 5 WEEKS ago. Got a confirmation text on Friday - responded confirm. Got a confirmation call on Sunday AND yesterday. Took the afternoon off of work, hubby took the day off, show up and "I" had cancelled the appointment via text. WHAT?!?!!? I showed them my phone where I confirmed it and the confirming texts and voicemails that followed. They had filled my slot YESTERDAY and couldn't fit me in today. I was so upset, I wanted to see my little guy! They might be able to fit me in Friday morning if I don't have a work conflict, otherwise next Tuesday. They apologized profusely and blamed office error - but still shouldn't I have had priority over someone who just got the appointment yesterday - or make the staff stay an extra 45 minutes since it was their mistake. Ugh. So no new pics today. Luckily I already know the sex, because I would have been REALLY upset if I was delayed finding out!

Sorry for the vent when so much positive is happening...

Beta is 91.6! :happydance: She said that's excellent for 7dpt.

It's finally feeling real! Going back Thurs morning for second beta, but she sounded super positive.

Yay!!!! Mine was 84 and that was 12dpt! Eeeeek!!! :happydance:

Oh Moni I'm sorry! They really should have stayed the 45 mins for their error. Unbelievable. They better fit you in when it accommodates you're work schedule! The nerve!

Erin AWESOME! Sorry we are not bump buddies, but I will be close behind.

moni - how stupid am I? What is an anatomy scan? And that really sucks...they should have def tried to accommodate you.

Okay, so I was with my mom today, so I purposely turned off my phone. I knew the office would call & she doesn't know anything. So I just was able to listen to the voicemail & my husband was with me. They left 2 messages & called 3 times. So after 1 voicemail of just call us back & it was a very thick accent. The 2nd message was my update...so happy I could understand. I am pretty sure it was an emryologist...I assume he is really smart & the human interaction suffers. I couldn't understand very well & he was not very detailed...just all 7 are fine. That's what he said. So I am so happy about that, but just feeling so nervous.

So I just want to say I hope I do not upset anyone with what I say. I use you guys as support & a vent, so I hope never to upset. I know my results are good & many of you have gone through way more than me with worse results. I hope I don't sound insensitive to your circumstances. I am just so nervous. Because honestly, if this doesn't work, we are sunk. I could technically do another loan, but I would not feel comfortable with that. I would have to pay off the current debt before even thinking about it. I am trying so hard to be positive. I will just be happy once we get to the freezing. So I appreciate anyone's positive thoughts coming my way. To be honest, if this all comes down to 1 egg & 1 pregnancy, I wouldn't even care right now...I just want at least one baby from all this ordeal & I would be so happy & grateful.

Thanks guys.

The anatomy scan is the ultrasound at 18-20 weeks where they check everything (count and measure toes and fingers, etc) and when most people find out the gender. So it is a longer ultrasound appointment. I think someone overbooked the day and they randomly chose someone to cut. I would have been more fine with it if they had told me that someone had to come in for an emergency basis and take your slot - because then at least hopefully the ordeal was helping someone - but they didn't say that.

Beagle - we all had/have the same insecurities and vents and have been through the process - lots of positive thoughts going your way. I give you my comparison to give you HOPE not to make you feel bad that you are doing better than me...You WILL be successful!!

:happydance::happydance:Wahoo, Erin!!!:happydance::happydance:

Yay, yay, yay - that's just awesome. I am so stinking happy for you! You deserve this so enjoy it!

I am just so nervous. Because honestly, if this doesn't work, we are sunk. I could technically do another loan, but I would not feel comfortable with that. I would have to pay off the current debt before even thinking about it. I am trying so hard to be positive. I will just be happy once we get to the freezing. So I appreciate anyone's positive thoughts coming my way. To be honest, if this all comes down to 1 egg & 1 pregnancy, I wouldn't even care right now...I just want at least one baby from all this ordeal & I would be so happy & grateful.

Thanks guys.

Oh, Beagle - Hang in there, sweetie! It is so normal to be one big ball and bundle of nerves right now. All of us understand so don't feel bad. This WILL work for you - you have been the torchbearer for saying that so try to keep reminding yourself. It's so hard to focus on anything other than "numbers" right now but 7 is a great one (lucky number 7, right??). We are here for you! You are strong! You are tough! Vent to us all you need. :hugs:

ERIN!! YAY!!! :happydance: I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!

Babywhisperer - I'm doing pretty good. Just waiting for my next appointment on Thursday. I'm not really having any more symptoms, just REALLY tired and sore boobs lol. How are you?

Erin!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! So happy for you sweetie! Happy and healthy nine months to you�� even better with the Pgs you know chromosome wise your lil bean is off to a great start! So, do you think you and hubby are going to inquire about the gender now or wait a bit?

Beagle - I'm sending all positive thoughts your way. I understand 100%where you are coming from. Take a deep breath and take it a day at a time. Btw, big YAY that all 7 are hanging in there��

The anatomy scan is the ultrasound at 18-20 weeks where they check everything (count and measure toes and fingers, etc) and when most people find out the gender. So it is a longer ultrasound appointment. I think someone overbooked the day and they randomly chose someone to cut. I would have been more fine with it if they had told me that someone had to come in for an emergency basis and take your slot - because then at least hopefully the ordeal was helping someone - but they didn't say that.

Beagle - we all had/have the same insecurities and vents and have been through the process - lots of positive thoughts going your way. I give you my comparison to give you HOPE not to make you feel bad that you are doing better than me...You WILL be successful!!

Thank you. I just don't want to come off as a whiner...like oh I only have 7 when some people only had 1 or 3. It is just so hard watching that number go down. But we are very grateful to still be holding on with 7. Your story def gives me hope...but also scares the crap out of me...lol! It is just so hard to have been going at this so long & now literally putting all our eggs in one basket. Hoping a day with my husband tomorrow will make me feel better along with the rest of my days off from work.

Oh here is a funny story. My husband stayed at home while I was in OBX. He was so excited he was like my Cowboys are on...I am getting a pizza & just relaxing. So the next night he was saying how much he missed me. He said I do not like being a bachelor. It was fun for like 3 hours...then I was over it. He is so funny. I missed him & my dogs...but mainly just bummed because my mom didn't want to do anything outside of seeing the wild horses. So she slept the rest of the time...I had no laptop to watch Netflix...so it was a little bit boring. But she had so much fun with the horses. I will see if I can post a few pics. We went at sunrise...yay mom for waking me at 4 am 2 days in a row :(...but nothing beats being able to do something like that for a parent. They do so much for us.

Moni-sorry you got the run around at the dr office. I agree they should have accommodated you, especially considering your husband took off work. Tell them they can help make it up to you by giving you extra pics of your lil man along with more viewing time!

Here are some pics. My mom chased them the whole time...not in a bad way...they just walked down the beach & we followed them. They were so casual & whatever about it. They must be used to people. And just to give you an idea how much my mom loves horses...all the local businesses have horse statues as like a theme thing. My mom squealed at those horses & had to have her picture with them...the FAKE horses. Imagine how excited she was to be with the real ones. She said she is now dedicated to winning the lottery so she can buy one of the huge houses on the beach so she can be with those horses all the time.

Attachments

• out12.jpg
    out12.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2
  • out22.jpg
    out22.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
  • out9.jpg
    out9.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 5
  • out21.jpg
    out21.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
Wow beagle those shots are amazing - where is that? My mother has always loved horses as well...

Moni-sorry to hear about the overbooking of your scan. Hopefully you can make it to an appointment on Friday. Luckily you already know it's a boy, but still. It would have been nice to see him again.

Beagle-don't be discouraged. Your numbers and embies are doing great! I hope you had a nice time with your mom. :) edit: sorry it was boring, but the pics are amazing!! I bet your mom will be talking about this for a long time.

Hi to everyone else. Still on ERose's high. Hee hee.

Erin that is an great beta and for 7dpt it's even better. You must be over the moon. I bet your next beta is more than double.

Moni I am so sorry for the hassle and disappointment. They should have accommodated you. Their screw up, their problem to fix. Especially when you take off from work. I think that's the main reason I left the RE group at North Shore Hospital. One visit was a 2hr wait and the next over an hour. You know when you are back logged. Call people and tell them to come later. If someone cancels you get caught up. It's something I witnessed at my ob today. Some women were waiting well over and hour and there was a mutiny about to happen. They were all over 55 and waiting for Dr Rifkin. He delivered J Lo's twins and people from then on request him. I can see that if you're pregnant but if it's just a pap does it really matter who does it?

Beagle no worries lady you are anxious. We have all been there. You have 7 strong embies and it will be successful. Maybe go for some acupuncture to calm and ease your energy. I swear it works. Get that body ready for transfer.

Amy glad you're doing well! I'll be waiting for your update on Thurs!

Well ladies Dr Rifkin found the hematoma!! It's the same size as the sac which alarmed me. He said he's only had 1 patient mc from a hematoma and it was 10x the size of mine. He said the sheer size of it made her uterus contract and expel the sac. That scared me to death. He thinks I will likely spot for weeks and he wants to see me next week just to see how it looks. I'm measuring 7w4d due date July 31 and heart rate perfect. I didn't ask for the number. He really does put me at ease. He took me into his office for the repeat C vs VBAC discussion. It's something I have to think about but no matter what I decide the pregnancy may make that decision for me if the baby is not in a good position or too big. If I do a scheduled C it will be 7/24. My experience was awful but I was in labor for 24hrs and pushed for over 3 but he flipped. He said I have just under a 50% chance of having a successful VBAC. I don't know what to do yet, but I have time. It's crazy to think about this now. I just want everything to go well and for this clot to resolve and not grow. Other than that I had a bad bout of nausea and the chills today. It feels like the flu. It's reassuring in a way but so hard to function. And guess what???? I found out they are trying to replace my boss at work! Finally they see how inept of a mgr he is. He will likely be stripped of his role and put in sales only. I think he knows it's coming too. He sounds panicked.

I feel more bfp's coming. Truly. It's a bumper crop of bumps!

Wow beagle those shots are amazing - where is that? My mother has always loved horses as well...

This was in the outer banks...this was specifically corolla nc. You can drive on the beach with a 4x4 vehicle. If you are lucky you will see the wild horses. I guess there is also an island in VA near the md border where there is another wild horse herd.

Yes beagle, you are correct. Assateague, MD has wild horses. You can camp right amongst them. They scare me a bit, but most people are ok with them.

BabyW-well I'm glad your doctor found the hematoma and is keeping an eye on you so I wouldn't be too worried. If he didn't see it but you knew I was there; that would be a different story. I'm sure all will be well. Oh and awesome news about your boss. I hope mine is replaced soon. Everyone complains about him. I just deal. Have a great day ladies!

Erin - Once again, yahoooooooooooooo! :dance: :yipee:

Moni - I would have been SO pissed at the doctor's office, especially since you both took off. I really hope they can schedule you for Friday.

Beagle - Beautiful pictures. Chin up. 7 strong embies is amazing!

Amy - I can't wait for your next appt! Happy to hear that you're doing well.

Babyw - Your OB sounds great. I'm glad he was able to see the hematoma and that he doesn't seem nervous about your miscarrying. Did he say how long it typically takes for these things to dissolve? Our due dates are 1 day apart. :)

Terri - Remind me. When is your beta again?

Hey everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->