First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Good morning ladies! Happy Friday!

Terri - GOOD LUCK!! Thinking of you today, lady! I'm sure it will be a breeze. :)

Babyw - Sorry you're having a hard week. But hey, it's Friday! Yay! I hope you get lots of sleep this weekend and feel refreshed next week. Lack of sleep can certainly mess up our emotions (not to mention hormones!).

Erin - thanks for the offer on the code! I'm going to wait for the finance lady to call Cigna. I think I'll email her today and remind her. That's funny that you work in legal for a software company. One of my really good friends (a coworker from my old co.) works in legal at a software company and she is always CRAZY busy, especially at quarter end. All the sales guys want to get their sales in before the quarter closes, so they have to go into overdrive on reviewing agreements. So I can sympathize. I also work for a software company but luckily HR is not dependent on seasons/quarters! The only busy season for me is open enrollment, and that is luckily once a year. Our only legal presence here at my company is my good old buddy, the general counsel. ;)

Jkb - thanks for the tip on asking for my doc to code it as medically necessary. That sounds like a good idea. My doc in the past has been willing to alter the code so my insurance covers it, so perhaps she will do that now. :)

Booger - Oh, your baby girl will totally be a tomboy, if that is your lifestyle! She will learn from you. Growing up it was just my older sister and me. My dad always wanted a boy, but he ended up with two girls. :) So I was like his honorary son. He taught me the rules of football and basketball, took me hiking and camping, taught me how to use tools and work on my car. Then when I got a little older and I wanted to start wearing makeup, girly clothes, etc., he was always annoyed, like "What do you need that crap for??" I think it occurred to him at that point that I was indeed a girl. I always made sure to continue doing fun tomboy stuff with him though. But let's just say he was really excited to gain a son-in-law when DH and I got married!

Afm, nothing much new. Soo looking forward to this weekend, especially considering last weekend was such a bust with tending to DH and his tooth pain. Hopefully we can do something fun like go out to dinner and maybe catch a movie. Yesterday it was 73 degrees here!! I couldn't believe it. It was like heaven with the sun shining and the water so calm. Everybody got out their boats and were zipping around Lake Washington. Sigh. Tis the season to dream about owning a boat.

Lady - my husband wants a boat...but I don't want the trouble.

Booger - I think you need a running ticker to match your profile pic :) I think with a girl you could have both...someone who plays in the mud with her barbies. Me & my sister were like that. We were not much on the girlie side...my mom grew up on a farm. But my dad never really taught us useful stuff either...even though he knew a lot. I hope my husband can help on that side. But I also thought it would be fun to watch him play with tea sets & barbies. But he will def turn a girl into a sports fan. He failed with me on everything but baseball. My dad was never a sports fan.

Beagle - The snail is my running ticker! Haha! Glad to hear the spotting is gone.

Lady - That weather sounds amazing. We are supposed to hit 70 today. I might just have to get the dog out for a stroll by the river. I hope you guys can get out and enjoy this weekend!

Babywhisperer - Sounds like you could use some rest this weekend! Stress is no bueno - hopefully you'll get a reprieve here soon. :hugs:

Have a great weekend everyone!! :flower:

I guess when I think back on it, I did have the dirtiest dolls around when I was a kid. They were always getting drug outside on adventrues. I will obviously be happy with any child we have. I just feel bad if she's super girly because about all I can handle is a ponytail and the only makeup I wear is mascara!

Booger - I am the same. I still struggle with make up. Especially as I get older. I see other women & I am like how do they do that? I feel like I just look like a clown.

A friend was buying a barbie doll house for her daughter. I am very happy with a boy...but a little bit of me was like I can't wait to thaw out my little girl....that doll house was AWESOME! I just remember all the barbie stuff we had & I loved it. I know there is some issues around barbie these days & being unrealistic...but it never affected me.

Oh & I think your snail is kind of funny...like slow poke took forever to get pregnant but now he is on the right track. :)

Terri!! Yay! 15 eggs is awesome! Hope you're feeling well. Rest up and hydrate<3

I'm jealous of halls nice weather:( it's cold and rainy here.

I'm sure your lil girl will take after you booger:) I am the middle of 3 girls that were raised as girlie girls but I too felt bad for my dad because he always wanted a son so I would enter fishing contest with him and we would play basketball and fish almost everyday after I got out of school:) he loved it but he knew I liked to shop and wear makeup too. Memories<3 making mud pies when I was little... Ahhh

15 eggs is awesome, Terri! Wahoo! Hope you're feeling okay.

YAY Terri!!!! 15 eggs!!! That is absolutely fantastic!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

My regular doctor was the one that did retrieval today. It's a rotating practice so you never know who will be there for retrieval or transfer. He was telling my husband that I'm one of his favorite patients and he'll be sad to see me go. I told him that I liked him too but I was eager to move on! I'm not sure how/why he likes me so much. I really don't do/say too much, but I guess he just senses a calm about me most of the time and I'm not an angry/emotional patient.

One funny is that the anesthesiologist who hit a nerve in my hand was there. First she said 'ok, you're here for a hysterescopy right?' I said 'no. If that's what my paperwork says, it is incorrect.' She was like 'oh, sorry. Ha ha. It doesn't say that. You're here for retrieval!' I agreed and then told her that I do NOT want her sticking me in the hand. She said 'well, I don't put needles in arms/elbows' I said 'well then I would like the other guy who did my anesthesia last time because he put it in my arm.' She said 'he's not working today.' So I said 'well, then I'm positive you'll do a good job. I'm not risking you hitting my nerve again. You can do it!' And she did. Big whoop. Not sure why she's so against it. After my retrieval she said 'yeah, you don't have a lot of soft tissue in your hand like most people.' I just said 'oh' and left it at that. I remember who hurts me lady and I remember my hand being sore for about a month after retrieval in August. She was really out of it this time, but I won't have to see her again, thankfully.

So I'm pleased with 15. I think I'll have a better chance at success with such a good number. Tomorrow I'll wait for the call with results. I feel good today.

15 is amazing Terri. So happy that you're feeling good. Can't wait to hear the progress.

Yay, Terri! 15 eggs is stupendous. Glad you gave it to that nurse! I know why your doctor likes you so much because we all do too - you're an amazing lady!! I am hoping for good news tomorrow! :thumbup:

Sorry I've been AWOL for so long ladies, just licking my wounds and planning what's next!

Teri what fab news! 15 eggs is brilliant. I hope this is it for you x

Well out of those 15, 8 were mature (as expected) and only three fertilized. Let's just hope those three keep growing. Eek.

Of course now I'm thinking that I won't even get the pgs testing on three. They can put three back and if it works it works. It saves me money (by not paying for testing and by not having to wait another month and paying for FET meds). I think this is the best course of action as of right now. I guess I still have a few more days to see if three even make it. *sigh*

Sorry Terri. That is quite a bit of attrition, but pretty normal. Remember, I went from 45 to 4! Nonetheless I know it stings. And I think you're right, that sounds like the best course of action. Those three are the strongest, just keep that in mind! Hang in there.

Oh and Mrs. w- welcome back! We missed you. What are you thinking about doing next? I hope you stay in our little group. It's nice to have someone else who is in the waiting stage. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->