First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

beagle-I took 150 Gonal F the first time and 225 every day the second time. Closer to the end, they may adjust it, but I believe I stayed at 225 all the way through this last time.

Amy-Glad your trigger went well! And don't press on it. hee hee. I'm happy you don't have a ton of bloating. It's miserable.

Thanks...I was getting concerned seeing some folks start off at 75. So I feel better.

Just heard from doc. 9 out of 14 were mature - 7 fertilized.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. We too hit some traffic this morning and were a few minutes late. So much for living 20miles from the city. The retrieval went fine. They got 15 eggs, but by the last u/s I doubt all will be mature. I am very sore and tender. The anesthesia and pain medicine they gave me had me super nauseous and looking like Sheetrock. I thought I was going to be sick but good old Saltines and gingerale saved me. I took a nice 2hr nap and my parents are coming over for my Dad's bday. Dh has been wonderful taking care of Jack today. I can't imagine lifting him or having him on my lap.

Terri jalapeño corn bread sounds delicious. I wish I could be adventurous with cooking. Dh is a meat and potatoes guy.

Beagle I was on 300 Gonal f for at least 5 nights. I didn't really start to feel the effects of the meds until day 6 so it's not bad.

Everyone's retrievable and fertilization reports sound stellar. I am so excited to hear how the transfer goes. How long did it take for everyone to not feel so tender and sore?

It's getting cold here tonight. Might break out the firewood and have our first fire is the season. Thank you for all of your thoughts and support. I am so excited to sleep in tomorrow. It will be the first time since last Saturday that I haven't had to get up before 6am.

Grow and fertilize all you little embies out there. God speed!!!

Yay babywhisper!!! (We posted at the same time.)

Yay babywhisper!!! (We posted at the same time.)

So funny! Your report is awesome. So happy for you. How are you feeling.

Yes Terri trying to rest. Hope to wake up and not feel this tender. You know what would make me feel better? Some of that jalapeño corn bred you made!! I had corn bread fritters once and they served it with a jalapeño sauce made with pineapple and orange marmalade. It was so good. The place was Bridge Street Cafe near South Street Seaport. NYC has some unbelievable brunch spots.

Can you tell I'm hungry ;)

Hey guys...So blood work came back & I am not immune to Rubella (German measels). So the dr has given me the option to postpone IVF & get vaccinated. I asked if any major concerns & no email back yet. After reading up a bit, I do not think I plan to get vaccinated until after giving birth. I think I read chances are very slim in actually getting it in the US. Besides, I have gone this long. Any thoughts?

Terri - sooooooo happy that you got the green light. :)

Beagle - I also started with 225 of gonal-f.

Amy - good luck today!!!

Question: I've been feeling reaaaally sore since last night. I was fine the day of ER and most of yesterday. Did anyone else have this experience after ER - pain not showing up until the day after?

Hey guys...So blood work came back & I am not immune to Rubella (German measels). So the dr has given me the option to postpone IVF & get vaccinated. I asked if any major concerns & no email back yet. After reading up a bit, I do not think I plan to get vaccinated until after giving birth. I think I read chances are very slim in actually getting it in the US. Besides, I have gone this long. Any thoughts?

Find out the risks to you and the baby by not getting vaxed and if you can do it after or will you need to stay away from the baby for a while after vax. I know they tested me and all was good. See what they say and how long you would have to postpone.

Hi Amy how are you feeling?

It's a beautiful Fall day here. I hope I can go for a walk without much pain. How is everyone else feeling?

Terri - sooooooo happy that you got the green light. :)

Beagle - I also started with 225 of gonal-f.

Amy - good luck today!!!

Question: I've been feeling reaaaally sore since last night. I was fine the day of ER and most of yesterday. Did anyone else have this experience after ER - pain not showing up until the day after?

Ha! Posted 2 min apart. I've woken up pretty sore. I had to pee like 5 times last night. I'm constipated which is putting pressure on the ovaries. I am also going for acupuncture either today or tomorrow and definitely after the transfer. She said its crucial and she will take me at any time I want. Is the soreness from lingering liquid from the follicles or the procedure itself?

Hope you feel better hun.

I think the soreness is from the fluid that is released once they retrieve the egg. You can still move around, right? I think a little soreness is natural.

beaglemom-Not sure what to tell you. I know you don't want to postpone IVF, so I would just get the vaccine another time. BabyW had some good questions though.

I was told a month delay. But I read online people still not being immune & needing another shot. I read the chances of contracting are low...something like 10 reported cases in the US. Rubella is very serious in pregnant women, but I don't see the risk of contracting very high...so I think we are just going to move forward & get vaccinated after delivery. I read women who got the shot when they were in the hospital right after delivery...so seems no risks with being around the baby. But no TTC for 28 days after the vaccination...no worries there!

I was told a month delay. But I read online people still not being immune & needing another shot. I read the chances of contracting are low...something like 10 reported cases in the US. Rubella is very serious in pregnant women, but I don't see the risk of contracting very high...so I think we are just going to move forward & get vaccinated after delivery. I read women who got the shot when they were in the hospital right after delivery...so seems no risks with being around the baby. But no TTC for 28 days after the vaccination...no worries there!

Sounds like you've made an informed decision you can feel good about. I'm so excited for you to start!!!

Afm I'm wiped. Maybe getting up to pee so many times interrupted my sleep enough to still make me tired. I just got the call from the nurse and All 15 eggs were mature but only 9 fertilized. ICSI was not needed they fertilized by themselves. I'm curious why if the others didn't fertilize didn't they try ICSI. Do they know they are just not viable since the others didn't need it? The nurse also said they want to try for a day 5 but I will hear from her on Monday day 3. Come on embies grow to healthy 5 day blastocysts! How is everyone doing?

Hi ladies!

Just checking in to say "Good luck" to Amy today! Hope all goes well for you today.

I have some sort of terrible stomach bug that made me start feeling horrible yesterday afternoon. It's ugly - I'll write more when I'm feeling up to it.

Hi ladies! Just a quick check in and to say thanks for the well wishes! Everything went well, they retrieved 16 eggs. I feel pretty good, but we will see once the drugs wear off lol.

Kfs1 - I hope you feel better, that sucks you started to feel more sore a day and a half later :(

Congrats Amy. That's so great! Rest up.

Babywhisperer - 9 is fantastic! I'm not sure about ICSI though - that's a good question.

Heard from doc. 7 are still going - some stronger than others, which makes me really nervous. She said she's still not sure if it will be tomorrow or Tuesday but she'll let me know in the morning.

Glad to hear all these beautiful, gorgeous embies are growing so nicely :)
kfs1, Amy1976, babywhisperer, knitgirl lets all cheer, GROW EMBIES GROW!!! GROW EMBIES GROW!!!

knitgirl good luck with your transfer tomorrow, it'll all be fine

terripeachy so happy for you that you're going ahead with the FET

beaglemom
you've made a good decision regarding the Rubella vaccination, I remember sitting in my car, not being able to drive, crying my eyes out because my RE called saying I had to postpone my IUI because I don't have enough antibodies for Rubella, I was devastated. I had my Rubella vaccination and waited a month and a half before going for my 1st IUI because of my cousin. My cousin's son, Peter had German measels when she was pregnant, didn't listen when she was told to move out of her house, now her youngest son, Ricky is 22 years old and severely handicapped - it's awful and frustrating but the alternative is so much worse - we're all with you while you wait :)

AFM - Had my scan today, follies are growing nicely, I was told to start my Cetrotide injections as well as Menopur, first time taking Cetrotide but it gave me a red itchy bumpy rash but it's gone now thank goodness. Very surprised my RE said we'll only do the retrieval on Thurs or Friday, thought it would be sooner, I have another scan on Monday at 7:15, he'll then decide on a set date for the retrieval.
My tummy is starting to look like an old used pincushion :(

Congrats Amy. That's so great! Rest up.

Babywhisperer - 9 is fantastic! I'm not sure about ICSI though - that's a good question.

Heard from doc. 7 are still going - some stronger than others, which makes me really nervous. She said she's still not sure if it will be tomorrow or Tuesday but she'll let me know in the morning.

7 is a great number to work with. You will have enough to freeze I bet. How do you feel about a 3 day vs 5 and vice versa?

Amy that's outstanding. I hope you're resting and not feeling sore.

Leens I'm glad the follies are doing well. My tum still is bruised but a lot is from acupuncture. It will all be worth it in the end!

We went for a walk today and I am still very tender. Taking it easy tonight and tomorrow. I think I will go for acupuncture tomorrow. I was too tired today.

Hi ladies!

Just checking in to say "Good luck" to Amy today! Hope all goes well for you today.

I have some sort of terrible stomach bug that made me start feeling horrible yesterday afternoon. It's ugly - I'll write more when I'm feeling up to it.

Those are the worst. Hydrate and rest up! Hope you feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->