IVF February/March 2012

Hockey - How are you doing? Are you having the fibroid issue taken care of soon?

Michelle - exciting report!

Pinkgirl - Congratulations on your BFP!

Hockey - How are you doing? Are you having the fibroid issue taken care of soon?

I'm doing well. Still a little sad and disappointed now and again but trying to keep on that moving forward path. :thumbup: Had an MRI the other night to get a better picture of the fibroid(s). What an experience that was! Yikes!!:wacko: Otherwise, surgery is scheduled for April 24th. Won't know until the week before how the MRI came out but it will be interesting to see if its just 1 fibroid or a cluster.

Sienna - Congrats on the beta!!! :happydance::happydance: Did you have another test today? How did that come out?

Oh geez, I feel ya Hockey on the MRI - I have a clotting disorder and pervious stroke damage so I have to get MRI's with and without contrast every six months (on my brain - so thankfully I don't have to go in the tube as far). Thankfully they have given me something to relax before it, or I think I would have freaked out.

I have seen a number of fibroids in my time, and people whom have had myomectomies, but I don't know if any of them have had the "robotic" one. Are they going to use a Divinci Machine to do it? Our OB's have just started using these routinely in these type of procedures and are really excited with the results. Good luck with your procedure!

Hockey, I'm going to ask a stupid question. What is a robotic myomectomy? I'm hoping that you overcome this health issue and have a good outcome with your next cycle.

I did have a 2nd test today. Good so far - beta almost doubled from 77 to 144 and both estrogen and progesterone increased. I had 2 day5 blastocysts transferred, and it seems like 1 implanted.

I'm going to resolve to be positive. The last two years have been so difficult, I'm going to enjoy this day by day. TTC has involved too much drama: DH had surgery for varicocele repair in November 2010, we worked with two fertility centers, I went Clomid crazy in the fall, had a polyp removal surgery in February, and of course tons of waiting and sad times. Not to mention being told we'd freeze all the embryos on day 10 of stimming since my estrogen was so high (thank goodness my doctor took a risk and I didn't get OHSS).

I'm grateful for having found BnB and getting through the last 3 months. Thank you ladies for sharing your stories and helping make this a safe place to vent.

Sienna - so glad you have resolved to have a PMA, your right it is so hard after so much disapoointment to try and let go and enjoy the BFP. I swear sometimes it is the women on BnB which have gotten me thorugh these rough times - so thank you to you too!

Seoul, how are you doing? Is the spotting done?

Sorry I've been MIA. Bleeding is better but still have light pink spotting. I go in tomorrow once again and he will check my levels once more. I am not sure what to make of all this. Today I seem to be having OHSS like symptoms I guess that is a good thing. The cramping stopped but the bleeding is still there so really confused still. I am hoping it isn't an ectopic pregnancy otherwise I feel normal just nauseous here and there and of coarse boobs are pretty sore. Hoping this bleeding is nothing serious and that it stops soon!

Pinkgirl- Congratulations on your BFP :happydance:

Hockey - I have had a myomectomy surgery back in 2008 which they cut me open for; I had a bunch of fibriods in my uterus. It was a long recovery, but in 2010 I had surgery with a robotic machine to remove cysts and 2 polyps, which was a much better recovery then being cut open. Its amazing how far they have come with technology! Good luck next month!! I am sure everything will go smoothly and be successful!

YAY sienna; those numbers are great :)

The robotic myomectomy is 5 small incisions in the abdomen rather than 1 large incision. They do the surgery with these little robotic arms and a camera rather than the surgeon actually going in with his own hands. Very high tech. The recovery time is much less than the traditional myomectomy though its still the same recovery time for the uterus regardless (3 or 4 months). I'm hoping this does the trick and when we come back in August for IVF #2 - we get that BFP!!!

And I agree with you ladies on this website!! I don't know how I would get through TTC without it. Its my learning tool, its where I vent, its where I'm sad or happy. Its the only place that I feel people really understand what I'm going through. Without it, I would be lost!! :wacko:

So glad to see all the BFP's this month for IVF! It just continues to give hope! And for those that it didn't happen this month - keep reading the stories of success because it can happen, just waiting for the perfect little egg!!:flower::flower:

That is great pinkgirl; CONGRATS!!! :happydance:

I went for my u/s; all we could see was a teenie tiny black dot in my uterus! She said it could still be too early and my hcg could still be too low. She did say she saw 1, so I was estatic to hear that and got to see him/her. I will get my hcg results tomorrow and find out when I have to make my u/s appointment for next week.

Thank you so much and congrats to you as well. :) So exciting!!!!

Thank you so much.

Michelle - exciting report!

Thank you. We are thrilled. Praying everything goes wonderful at 2nd beta now.

Seoul, how are you doing? Is the spotting done?

Sorry I've been MIA. Bleeding is better but still have light pink spotting. I go in tomorrow once again and he will check my levels once more. I am not sure what to make of all this. Today I seem to be having OHSS like symptoms I guess that is a good thing. The cramping stopped but the bleeding is still there so really confused still. I am hoping it isn't an ectopic pregnancy otherwise I feel normal just nauseous here and there and of coarse boobs are pretty sore. Hoping this bleeding is nothing serious and that it stops soon!

Pinkgirl- Congratulations on your BFP :happydance:

I'm so sorry about the bleeding and cramping. I hope everything is okay. When do you go in to get checked? Keep me posted please.

and thank you. i hope you are okay though. :-( That is really scary.

Congrats to those with BFPs. I'm sorry I haven't been on much lately, been a bit down. :(

Yes babydrms, it was our first ivf. I guess I never let myself consider the fact that it wouldn't work.

Well unfortunately my little one didn't make it. My levels went way down from 289 to 37. Trying really hard to stay positive I just don't understand why I keep loosing them :( Oh well we shall try with the frosties whenever I am ready again. Good Luck to everyone hope to keep hearing good news from you all.

Seoul, I'm truly sorry. You are a strong woman to go through repeated losses. Hoping you and your husband have a support system. Sending you a huge virtual hug.

Lucie, I was also an elementary school teacher. I know your kids at school will keep you busy until the right time for your next cycle. Are you and your husband coping together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->