January 2020 Garnets!!!

Can I tentatively join? I’m due 29th of Jan.
This is our fifth pregnancy - we’ve been ttc #1 for six years, three early losses (before 8 weeks) and then our last when I was about 5 months pregnant. I’m so nervous now - I just equate pregnancy with miscarriage rather than a baby. But we’ll see. This was our last natural cycle before ivf - we were waiting for AF to collect the meds, but it never arrived!

JD - are you having internal scans? I bled after every one in my last pregnancy as they were irritating my cervix apparently - it was ironic as every time I bled I had a scan, which led to more blood until we figured that out! Sex can cause it too.

Hope everything is okay with everyone else - I’ve been following for a few days without the courage to actually join! X

Hey redhead- sorry I missed your message! Welcome to the group. Really hope this Is your rainbow, sounds like you've have a really tough time. We're here for you if you want to vent about anxieties and things. Quite a few of us are quite nervous in here I think but we reassure each other Xxx

My boobs dont feel much right now.

I dont work. It must be hard on some of you!

Thanks for welcoming me :) I’m not having many symptoms either so I’m relieved I’m not the only one! Sore boobs on and off and mild cramps, tiny bit of nausea, some bloating which gets worse throughout the day. And ohmygosh emotional!
I’m struggling with working - I can work from home sometimes but not supposed to regularly but I’m so terrified of it all going wrong at work and bleeding in the office or something! We also do community visits and yesterday I had to go to a flat and the client was smoking drugs right in front of me - I ended up just leaving as i don’t want to expose myself to anything like that! Where we were waiting for ivf I completely overhauled my lifestyle, and don’t use any chemicals - even changed my makeup etc to only natural products, no plastic in the house or anything so that was horrid felt like it undid all the work I’ve done, even though I was only there 5 minutes or less!
Did my online referral for the midwife today! I’m dreading that as it’ll be the same person I had last time which I feel will be a bit too painful. Has anyone else had their midwife appointment through? Xx

I think being at home with 3 kids would be harder than what I do!

I saw my midwife last Friday, she recognised my name from last time and said 'so what number baby is this then?! I've seen you before'. Was a bit awkward telling her it was #1 still, and that the last one would have been due around this time.

She was nice though, it was nice to have some contact, and I got some free pregnacare!

Red head - yes, welcome! I read your post but it is hard to remember them all when you finally go to reply. Glad I’m not the only one with not very many symptoms. That is awful about your client doing drugs in front of you. Don’t worry - I am sure the few minutes of exposure you had will not harm the baby. You did the right thing to leave when you did. At my previous job, I was exposed to chemicals (a sort of paint thinner) and I would seriously start to panic as soon as I smelled it. I would always leave and work from home when they were using it, but I always panicked about the little bit of exposure I did have. Thankfully, both of my girls ended up 100% healthy. :)

Yellow moon- your nausea sounds absolutely awful to work trough, especially with the bit of travel you were doing! I am thankful I get to just sit in my office all day and don’t have to go anywhere. I do find I have been more prone to motion sickness already, but it has been minimal. I am only 5 weeks + 1 day, so nausea has time to kick in. That’s great that you’re close to passing the day you miscarried last time. It’s a great sign that you’re so much sicker this time. However, every pregnancy is different, and a lack of symptoms isn’t always a bad sign. I was much less sick with dd2 than with DD1, and she was still perfectly healthy. :)

OnErth- yes, I don’t have my first prenatal until June 19 @ 8 weeks. However, I had a general appointment already booked for next week that I am planning to keep just in case I have any problems before then. I’ll cancel it if I don’t need it. Good luck with the wait!

JD - sorry you’re so sick as well. Sounds awful. I agree that being home with 3 kids (or my 2!) would be harder than my job as well. It definitely depends on the job, but mine is a fairly cushy office job. My kids are currently screeching in my ear as we speak. :p

Afm - not sure who asked about the sore boobs, but I don’t have them at all. That is one thing that I haven’t had in any of my pregnancies.

Red head - yes, welcome! I read your post but it is hard to remember them all when you finally go to reply. Glad I’m not the only one with not very many symptoms. That is awful about your client doing drugs in front of you. Don’t worry - I am sure the few minutes of exposure you had will not harm the baby. You did the right thing to leave when you did. At my previous job, I was exposed to chemicals (a sort of paint thinner) and I would seriously start to panic as soon as I smelled it. I would always leave and work from home when they were using it, but I always panicked about the little bit of exposure I did have. Thankfully, both of my girls ended up 100% healthy. :)

Yellow moon- your nausea sounds absolutely awful to work trough, especially with the bit of travel you were doing! I am thankful I get to just sit in my office all day and don’t have to go anywhere. I do find I have been more prone to motion sickness already, but it has been minimal. I am only 5 weeks + 1 day, so nausea has time to kick in. That’s great that you’re close to passing the day you miscarried last time. It’s a great sign that you’re so much sicker this time. However, every pregnancy is different, and a lack of symptoms isn’t always a bad sign. I was much less sick with dd2 than with DD1, and she was still perfectly healthy. :)

OnErth- yes, I don’t have my first prenatal until June 19 @ 8 weeks. However, I had a general appointment already booked for next week that I am planning to keep just in case I have any problems before then. I’ll cancel it if I don’t need it. Good luck with the wait!

JD - sorry you’re so sick as well. Sounds awful. I agree that being home with 3 kids (or my 2!) would be harder than my job as well. It definitely depends on the job, but mine is a fairly cushy office job. My kids are currently screeching in my ear as we speak. :p

Afm - not sure who asked about the sore boobs, but I don’t have them at all. That is one thing that I haven’t had in any of my pregnancies.

Oh yeah, my mother in law had no sickness in any of her pregnancies and she has 3 boys. Everyone is different. I just meant that I was feeling more positive about this pregnancy because I'm feeling it more. That's not to say that no symptoms = unhealthy baby. I was trying to be reassuring that it took a while for everything to kick in, and it's only just ramped up after it disappeared for a day or so...I'm a bit of a black sheep being a couple weeks ahead I guess.

Yellowmoon I'm glad you're feeling more positive about this pregnancy. You mentioned that you would have been due around now with your last pregnancy? Me too. When I lost my baby in October, I was due June 3rd, and it's very possible I'd have a baby in my arms by now. I'll be thinking about you as you navigate through the next days, but I'm thankful for both of us that we have a piece of hope to hold onto (our current pregnancies) to help us get through our would-be due dates. :hugs:

Also, I hope you feel better soon!

I'm also in the still not many symptoms boat, although I think my pants don't fit right and are making things a bit uncomfortable - or Baby Girl has decided she's gonna make herself known today - I don't know. Either way I'm still surprised most of my symptoms have subsided lately. Apparently it's totally normal though.

Co-foster - oh yes, it’s normal for them to come and go. I didn’t know that with the first pregnancy but they definitely do. How much sleep you get, how much you’re eating, etc., can all factor in too. I find that I get extra fatigue when baby is having a growth spurt (according to my app).

Yellow moon - no worries. Yes, wow, you are quite a bit ahead of some of us already! You should be safely out of the first trimester before you know it!

Co-foster - oh yes, it’s normal for them to come and go. I didn’t know that with the first pregnancy but they definitely do. How much sleep you get, how much you’re eating, etc., can all factor in too. I find that I get extra fatigue when baby is having a growth spurt (according to my app).

Yellow moon - no worries. Yes, wow, you are quite a bit ahead of some of us already! You should be safely out of the first trimester before you know it!

What app are you using? Xx

Yellowmoon I'm glad you're feeling more positive about this pregnancy. You mentioned that you would have been due around now with your last pregnancy? Me too. When I lost my baby in October, I was due June 3rd, and it's very possible I'd have a baby in my arms by now. I'll be thinking about you as you navigate through the next days, but I'm thankful for both of us that we have a piece of hope to hold onto (our current pregnancies) to help us get through our would-be due dates. :hugs:

Also, I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks, that means a lot. My due date was meant to be tomorrow actually. I'll be thinking of you too.

My midwife said that we can get a rush of symptoms at the beginning because of the progesterone, and then they subside and come back when there's more HGC. She said that when I mentioned the couple of days of no nausea. But yeah, completely normal for things to come and go.

Xx

Glad to hear everyone is still doing alright! (I think? If I missed something, I apologize - I'm still very loopy from everything).

It's hard for me to stay awake for any length of time, but wanted to pop on real quick and say that I'm getting blood drawn tomorrow at my house to see how my progesterone levels are holding up after removing the cyst. I have a surgical follow up appointment on Monday (hopefully an ultrasound too), and for sure another ultrasound the following Monday.

No bleeding or spotting, so I'm hoping everything is okay.

Hope to contribute more to conversations in the near future! :)

Red_head - I use the babycentre app as well as the Pregnancy+ app.

https//pregnancy.test-app.link/dW6aK5xtUM

Mommy- it’s no surprise you’re not able to keep up right now. Your poor body is recovering. That’s a great sign that you haven’t had any spotting or anything!

Hi ladies,

I had my scan today and unfortunately the Baby measured just 6 weeks and I know without any doubt that I’m 8 weeks. It’s my 2nd miscarriage in 6 months. But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since I am 40 and I was diagnosed with low AMH. But it still really hurts right now. I go back next week to make sure it really is what is, but I know in my heart there’s no good outcome here.

I guess I’ll give IUI a try as soon as my RE gives the go ahead. This is something we really want for our family and I have to give everything I possibly can to have our dream come true.

Good luck mommas! Enjoy every second of this journey you are on... it goes by so fast.

Hi ladies,

I had my scan today and unfortunately the Baby measured just 6 weeks and I know without any doubt that I’m 8 weeks. It’s my 2nd miscarriage in 6 months. But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since I am 40 and I was diagnosed with low AMH. But it still really hurts right now. I go back next week to make sure it really is what is, but I know in my heart there’s no good outcome here.

I guess I’ll give IUI a try as soon as my RE gives the go ahead. This is something we really want for our family and I have to give everything I possibly can to have our dream come true.

Good luck mommas! Enjoy every second of this journey you are on... it goes by so fast.

I am so sorry S_Runner, this happened to me with my last two pregnancies and I know how much it hurts. Sending you ((hugs)) and strength.

I'm so sorry to hear this Srunner, fingers crossed for the IUI next time.

MommyPrice - Im glad your on the mend and had no more spotting or bleeding, that's such a positive sign.

How is everyone today and what does everyone have planned? I've got my scan at 9am and then my consultants appointment at 3.15pm. Today I feel sick but I think thats nerves more than anything else. The pregnancy is starting to seem very real. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->