January 2020 Garnets!!!

Sorry for being MIA - things are really hectic for me right now!
I
went to the hospital on Saturday at 11am for extreme/severe uterine pain. They saw I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, and told me to go home. I literally could not walk, but since I was discharged, I tried. Ended up fainting in the bathroom of the hospital and was readmitted, except my pain was no longer in my uterus, but in my upper shoulders. So bad that I couldn't sit up or move without fainting. They tried a bunch of narcotics to manage the pain (oxy, morphine, etc) but only fentanyl worked for 30 mins at a time. They suspected a potential twin ectopic pregnancy, and I was taken back for immediate surgery (4am yesterday). Turns out I had a ruptured cyst on my ovary, but was bleeding into my abdomen. They cauterized the ovary, and sucked out over a liter of blood from my abdomen, but couldn't get it all. So I still am having severe pain in my shoulders from the blood hitting a nerve near my diaphragm (referring the pain to the shoulders). I don't even take Tylenol when I'm pregnant, and here I am taking fentanyl constantly, had an x-ray of my lungs, and went under general anesthesia for surgery. I really feel like I've screwed things up and should've fought harder to not take the drugs, but I needed the surgery, no question. I'm essentially crippled at the moment - if I move at all, I pass out from the pain, and am given fentanyl. So scared I've done damage to my baby

On another note, you all were talking about gestations for each pregnancy. I delivered at 38+2, 38+2, 37+4 (c-section twins, no labor), and 39+4 (induction). The only two I went into labor naturally were my first two... during the full moon! I'm not superstitious, but my entire maternal side gives birth naturally within 2 days of a full moon (early or late, whichever full moon is closest to the due date). Had I been allowed to go to naturally with the twins she my daughter, I likely would've delivered around 39+5 and 40+3. My guess is that I'll deliver around January 10 this time, again around 38+2! But we'll see :p

Sorry for being MIA - things are really hectic for me right now!
I
went to the hospital on Saturday at 11am for extreme/severe uterine pain. They saw I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, and told me to go home. I literally could not walk, but since I was discharged, I tried. Ended up fainting in the bathroom of the hospital and was readmitted, except my pain was no longer in my uterus, but in my upper shoulders. So bad that I couldn't sit up or move without fainting. They tried a bunch of narcotics to manage the pain (oxy, morphine, etc) but only fentanyl worked for 30 mins at a time. They suspected a potential twin ectopic pregnancy, and I was taken back for immediate surgery (4am yesterday). Turns out I had a ruptured cyst on my ovary, but was bleeding into my abdomen. They cauterized the ovary, and sucked out over a liter of blood from my abdomen, but couldn't get it all. So I still am having severe pain in my shoulders from the blood hitting a nerve near my diaphragm (referring the pain to the shoulders). I don't even take Tylenol when I'm pregnant, and here I am taking fentanyl constantly, had an x-ray of my lungs, and went under general anesthesia for surgery. I really feel like I've screwed things up and should've fought harder to not take the drugs, but I needed the surgery, no question. I'm essentially crippled at the moment - if I move at all, I pass out from the pain, and am given fentanyl. So scared I've done damage to my baby

On another note, you all were talking about gestations for each pregnancy. I delivered at 38+2, 38+2, 37+4 (c-section twins, no labor), and 39+4 (induction). The only two I went into labor naturally were my first two... during the full moon! I'm not superstitious, but my entire maternal side gives birth naturally within 2 days of a full moon (early or late, whichever full moon is closest to the due date). Had I been allowed to go to naturally with the twins she my daughter, I likely would've delivered around 39+5 and 40+3. My guess is that I'll deliver around January 10 this time, again around 38+2! But we'll see :p

Oh my gosh! What an ordeal. Are you feeling any better? Don't beat yourself up about the treatments. The doctors know what they're doing- and you needed them! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Xx

I'm feeling a little better this morning. The pain is primarily only in one shoulder now. Of course my stomach is very sore from surgery, but it's not crippling like the shoulder can be. It was humiliating to use a bedpan, but I literally had no other option. This morning at 4am, they were able to get me to sit up (the bed pushed me up), they swung my legs over, and I stood up, pivoted, and sat on a bedside commode. It's progress, but I did need fentanyl afterwards to manage the pain. They want to see me walking by this afternoon so I can go home. Though I'm starting to feel better, I personally think that's too optimistic. We have stairs to get into our house, and a bunch to get to my actual room. And it's going to be tough to walk to the actual bathroom once I'm home. But, we'll see. One day at a time :)

I'm feeling a little better this morning. The pain is primarily only in one shoulder now. Of course my stomach is very sore from surgery, but it's not crippling like the shoulder can be. It was humiliating to use a bedpan, but I literally had no other option. This morning at 4am, they were able to get me to sit up (the bed pushed me up), they swung my legs over, and I stood up, pivoted, and sat on a bedside commode. It's progress, but I did need fentanyl afterwards to manage the pain. They want to see me walking by this afternoon so I can go home. Though I'm starting to feel better, I personally think that's too optimistic. We have stairs to get into our house, and a bunch to get to my actual room. And it's going to be tough to walk to the actual bathroom once I'm home. But, we'll see. One day at a time :)
OMG that sounds so painful. Glad they've operated and you are on the mend. I hope the pain soon eases and you can feel normal again. Was it anything to do with the IVF that caused it?
S

Sending get well wishes for a speedy recovery x

I was on Clomid, but didn't do IVF. They didn't say anything about it, but it makes sense that the Clomid fed the cyst (at least, it makes sense to me, lol). Whatever happens to this baby, I'm done. I can't go through this pain again, or take the risk. I've done natural drug free childbirth, and that didn't touch this

I've just started bleeding. Bright red. I think I'm out ladies. :sad2:

I've just started bleeding. Bright red. I think I'm out ladies. :sad2:

Oh J.D I'm so sorry, have you been to the doctors yet? Some people do get a bleed and it turns out to be a subchronic hematoma or something. Hope you're ok xxx

Oh J.D I'm so sorry, have you been to the doctors yet? Some people do get a bleed and it turns out to be a subchronic hematoma or something. Hope you're ok xxx
I'm waiting for the doctor to ring me back. I might need an anti-d injection I think? I want to keep using the same donor (same as we used for my daughter) and he's rh+

I'm the worst.

Apparently it's "nothing" and probably caused by progesterone supplements.

On the other hand - heart rate of 121 and measuring 6w 5days - a chonk at two days ahead :)

Oh MommyPrice I'm so sorry you're going through that! Please don't blame yourself though, as it seems all of that was out of your control, and the doctors do know what they're doing! I hope you continue to feel better.

J.D. I'm glad you're okay and baby is okay. Hormones and hormonal supplements can really make a huge difference! For instance, if I stop taking mine, I will probably bleed. I'm glad you got to see your little one a few days early!

I'm the worst.

Apparently it's "nothing" and probably caused by progesterone supplements.

On the other hand - heart rate of 121 and measuring 6w 5days - a chonk at two days ahead :)

Phew! Thank goodness!!!! Have some rest and take it easy :) glad all is well

J.D - I'm glad all is OK, it's hard not to freak out when these things happen, I think we lose our heads for a while lol. X

MommyPrice - I hope you get better real soon. Must have been an awful experience but at least your little one is OK too. Hopefully the pain subsides soon x

J.D. glad all is okay. Bleeding is a worry whenever it happens on these journeys .
Must have been reassuring to see your baby today.

MommyPrice I think you might be right about the clomid. I hope the pregnancy continues well for you. You are a strong woman doing labour without any drugs!! I wanted everything I could get

Angelique - I’m so sorry that AF arrived. :( I missed your post earlier. Lots of hugs.

Mommyprice - what! That sounds like such a horrible ideal and so incredibly scary and painful! I understand your fear for your baby as you’ve been subjected to so much, but it was all medically necessary, and it’s unlikely that they will have negative effects. They caution against these things when the risk doesn’t outweigh the benefit, but that doesn’t mean something bad WILL happen if you do have to use them. Also, as far as narcotics are concerned, they are actually (surprisingly) considered pretty safe in pregnancy. So, try not to worry too much, although I know I’d be a wreck as well. I hope you recover quickly and are out of pain soon. Thank goodness you went to the hospital when you did!

J.D. - so happy for you that baby is okay! Bleeding can be terrifying, but it definitely CAN be normal! So happy all is well still. :)

ugh, bleeding had stopped and has started again. Still not much, but uuugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->