January 2020 Garnets!!!

Thank you ladies. Will update you as I go on. So far nothing else but I won’t feel better until it’s been at least a couple days with nothing. Thankfully I have an ultrasound on Monday either way

Thank you ladies. Will update you as I go on. So far nothing else but I won’t feel better until it’s been at least a couple days with nothing. Thankfully I have an ultrasound on Monday either way

I felt the same and after stopping progesterone too.

It just cant be easy can it?

OnErth, I keep thinking “why can’t it just be easy?” I hate to complain, I am thankful I was able to get pregnant after trying over a year, but it this is my second time having spotting this pregnancy. The first was the day before I hit 5 weeks. I don’t understand what this spotting could then be from. I’ve been mostly just laying around all day and no sex at all (poor DH). If it’s a hematoma again I will frustrated. That was scary and bed rest for 5 weeks seems so much harder with my kids older since I have to drive them so much to their activities and I have more responsibilities now. Obviously I would much rather it be a hematoma than a miscarriage. Just really was hoping for this pregnancy to be easier than my last Then I feel guilty for hoping for easy when some can’t even have kids I know I type novels sometimes but I feel like I don’t have anyone else to talk to. Even DH doesn’t quite understand

Aww, hugs. I dont know much about that type of hematoma. How early can they see it? Can anything be done? Does it always cause a loss?

I think they can see it from really early on. It will look like a dark area(blood) next to the gestational sac. They will usually measure it too to see how big it is. The bigger it is the worse. With my last pregnancy I started bleeding at the same point in pregnancy that I am now and the hematoma was moderate size. I kept bleeding so heavy with clots and cramps that eventually I put myself on bed rest after doing some research on it. My OB didn’t seem to know much about hematomas and just told me to take it easy. But that wasn’t working Bedrest got rid of it but once you have a hematoma you are at risk for preterm labor since old blood can stay in your uterus and irritate it causing contractions. Which I think was happening to me because I would get so many Braxton Hicks starting at 23 weeks anytime I was up on my feet. Double the limit so I was then on modified bed rest. Thankfully she was born healthy at 38 weeks but it took a lot of bed rest and all that. I know typically hematoma do up the risk of miscarriage because they can get worse over time and cause the hematoma to tear the entire gestational sac away. So it’s really not something I want to go through again but would rather have a hematoma then a miscarriage. I think I read somewhere that once you’ve had a hematoma the risk for another is higher in future pregnancies.

So pretty much all night I had cramping. Not severe but varying between mild/moderate. That really freaked me out. It kept waking me up. I had a dream that I started bleeding red. This morning there is still no more spotting but it seems like it will happen Why else would I be having cramping? I haven’t had any cramping at all any other time except last night. Even in my hematoma pregnancy I only had cramping during either my 2nd or 3rd heavy bleed. I was thinking I was most likely okay and not miscarrying but this cramping has me extra worried now. I know some cramping can be normal, but this was for hours and happens to be right at the same time of my spotting

Hi everyone :hi: I'm new to the forum and group. Currently 10+6 with my first baby and due on January 5th. I've had an eventful first trimester needing to be admitted and scanned to rule out ectopic due to having the worst cramps of my life and then having a big bleed at 6+1 due to a subchorionic haemorrhage. Fortunately the last few weeks have been more plain sailing apart from the usual morning sickness and pregnancy symptoms.

I'm having a scan on Monday so I'm hoping all is ok with the baby and hopefully the SCH won't be there anymore.

Hi, MotherofPugs. I had a sch with my last pregnancy and she is 7 now. I think I may be going through it again possibly since I’ve just had some spotting and cramping. Hopefully your SCH is resolved at your next appointment. I would guess it is if you haven’t bled anymore the last few weeks.

Hi, MotherofPugs. I had a sch with my last pregnancy and she is 7 now. I think I may be going through it again possibly since I’ve just had some spotting and cramping. Hopefully your SCH is resolved at your next appointment. I would guess it is if you haven’t bled anymore the last few weeks.

Hi Ashley. Thank you that's reassuring, fingers crossed. Hopefully you don't have one again! Will you have a scan soon to check? Hope your spotting and cramping eases up.

Hi Ashley. Thank you that's reassuring, fingers crossed. Hopefully you don't have one again! Will you have a scan soon to check? Hope your spotting and cramping eases up.
I have one scheduled in 2 days thankfully. I had called about the spotting I had yesterday and was told to just watch it and only be seen if it gets red and heavier. My 8 weeks appointment is Monday though so hopefully all will be okay

Ashley - I’m sorry about the spotting, and I know you’re worried, but a bit of brown spotting like that can be random and normal. In my pregnancy with dd1 I had a few occasions of a tiny bit of brown spotting like you described, and it was not from DTD or anything. It did not persist and dd1 was healthy as can be. So just wanted to reassure you that spotting isn’t ALWAYS m/c or hematoma.
That is great that you have an ultrasound on Monday. Hopefully you’ll get all the reassurance you need then.
As for the cramping, I started cramping today or yesterday randomly as well. I don’t have any spotting. We are very close in due dates. It’s very possible that baby could be having a growth spurt around this time that could be causing the cramping.

Motherofpugs- welcome here! Sorry you’ve had such an eventful pregnancy so far, but glad all is going well now!

Mommy2b - welcome here as well!!

JD - sorry you were so tired you had to go home from work early. That’s good you have the flexibility to do that at least. I hope you’re feeling better now.

Welcome Motherofpugs!

Ashley - the first brown spotting you mentioned happened a day before week 5, was most likely implantation spotting. Was your cycle a tad long before you got pregnant? Your lining could be extra thick (that's a good thing) and sometimes that can cause a teensy bit of spotting. Cramping of any kind (unless it's extremely painful), is totally normal in early pregnancy because the uterus is moving all of your organs around and stretching your ligaments and muscles. Of course, I do hope everything is okay. What time is your scan tomorrow? I have mine tomorrow as well! I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful picture of your LO!

Hi everyone, been a bit quite today as its fathers day here in the uk. Just wanted to wish everyone with scans tomorrow good luck and hope to see some lovely pictures tomorrow at some point! Xx

It's Father's Day in the US today as well...so Happy Father's Day to the dads out there (or your spouses/ partners) and to all the dads-to-be!

I have not had any more spotting or cramping again. It’s just so confusing. I have had cramping in past pregnancies but not as long as the one I had a couple nights ago. And this was a bit more intense. Not severe but enough that it kept waking me up. I want to say it lasted around 5 hrs straight.
I do have longer cycles normally but this one was a 29 day cycle as I ovulated on day 15. My ultrasound is at 10:30 am(MT), FosterMom. Exciting you have yours too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->