January 2020 Garnets!!!

Or could be round ligament pain fostermom. I get that from time to time. It’s weird and sometimes I will get it coming in every minute and each last a few seconds. So strange.

Last edited:
Good luck with your scans Ashley and Fostermom and anyone else who has one today! Can't wait to hear about them! <3

That wedding sounds like a nightmare Redhead, glad it's in the past. Who doesn't even serve water?!

The doctor put my on Diclectin because my all day nausea was making it very hard to cope (DH nicknamed me Diminished Capacity Mommy lol) and it seems to have gotten rid of the all the day nausea. However last night I over did it with a big dinner and woke up at night and got violently sick, think food pouring out of through my nose in addition to my mouth (sorry for the disgusting visual). And the pain from the stomach acid was pretty bad too. :-(

Can anyone reassure me that this is "normal", albeit very unpleasant? I was never sick like this with DS so this is new territory for me and I can't help but worry that it isn't good for the baby.

Had my ultrasound. He tried the abdominal way first but couldn’t see very well which made me nervous. With other pregnancies they could always see with regular ultrasound at 8 weeks. I’m on the thin side but about a year ago was told I have a retroverted uterus so maybe that’s why? So had to get a transvaginal done. Baby is measuring a day behind. My OB has my due date a day ahead of what I am since they are going off LMP and I ovulated day 15 of my cycle. He says the baby is measuring close enough that they aren’t going to change my due date. So I am 8+0. Baby measuring 7+6 and OB has me at 8+1. Heart rate was 160 (another girl?) Baby still just looked like a blob lol. How do I upload the photo? I tried to but it says the file is too big. I am just trying to through my phone. Never mind, got it to work! You can see the yolk sac above baby.

C1D35369-E5E2-447E-A2BE-49644089303C.jpeg

Last edited:
Red that sounds awful. Geez.

I only have a left ovary and I can feel the cyst at times.

For your phone, take a screenshot of the pic and then upload the screenshot.

Good luck with your scans Ashley and Fostermom and anyone else who has one today! Can't wait to hear about them! <3

That wedding sounds like a nightmare Redhead, glad it's in the past. Who doesn't even serve water?!

The doctor put my on Diclectin because my all day nausea was making it very hard to cope (DH nicknamed me Diminished Capacity Mommy lol) and it seems to have gotten rid of the all the day nausea. However last night I over did it with a big dinner and woke up at night and got violently sick, think food pouring out of through my nose in addition to my mouth (sorry for the disgusting visual). And the pain from the stomach acid was pretty bad too. :-(

Can anyone reassure me that this is "normal", albeit very unpleasant? I was never sick like this with DS so this is new territory for me and I can't help but worry that it isn't good for the baby.

I dont know if that's normal. Can you call and ask?

Update my post with a photo. Seriously, not even a good ultrasound photo. Wonder if their machines aren’t great since I don’t see any real definition to the baby. Just a fuzzy blob.

Afm - my symptoms faded over the weekend which has me massively freaking out, although today I do feel rough and tired again, but still not really much nausea. My next scan is Friday so I’m hoping it’ll go okay, but I know what will be will be. Honestly don’t think I could take losing another, so I’m keeping everything crossed.
(we’re
Red head, my nausea started to actually ease up a little at 7 weeks. I still have it but it doesn’t seem as intense. Had me worried but had my ultrasound today at 8 weeks and baby is fine.

FitMama, sounds very normal. Some women don’t have constant nausea but will throw up randomly and then feel better. When I eat a lot at once I feel wayyy sicker. I did that a few evenings ago and was just so sick for hours

In my experience, anything that tastes good or that you eat in any quantity will make you pay.

I'm so sick of this. Holding on the possibility that going off the progesterone will lessen the effects a bit. Only a week left until that. I'll do it after my scan & the blood draw for NIPT.

God I hope it lessens a bit. I'm useless. I can barely keep up with the messages on this board. I am mostly keeping up at work (and I work from home - it's not like it's a huge challenge!)

It's my birthday this week, and my best friend wants to take me out to brunch next Saturday at a restaurant we've wanted to go to for a while and I just know I'll be a nightmare. But she's going away for a few months, and I really want to hang out while we still can. But I'm certain there will be puking.

Update my post with a photo. Seriously, not even a good ultrasound photo. Wonder if their machines aren’t great since I don’t see any real definition to the baby. Just a fuzzy blob.

Mine was abdominal and I saw the same blob. Im hoping 9wks is more defined!

FitMama, sounds very normal. Some women don’t have constant nausea but will throw up randomly and then feel better. When I eat a lot at once I feel wayyy sicker. I did that a few evenings ago and was just so sick for hours

This is me... I've had pretty mild nausea, but I notice that if I start eating a meal too fast, it'll make me sick to my stomach. Also, fast food, for some reason... Baby really does not approve. That's certainly a first for me. :)

Congrats on the great scan, BTW!

Fit_Mama - that kind of nausea doesn't really sound normal to me, although I guess there is a range of what's considered normal... has your doctor mentioned anything about HG?

Thank you :) I get that pain sometimes - I think it’s corpus lutem cyst - normal it feeds the baby until the placenta takes over. Sometimes when I stand up or turn etc it twinges.
I’m sure the scan will go great xx
I second this. I have quite a large corpus luteum and I too get these sudden sharp pains when I stand or move too quick etc. I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about xx

In my experience, anything that tastes good or that you eat in any quantity will make you pay.

I'm so sick of this. Holding on the possibility that going off the progesterone will lessen the effects a bit. Only a week left until that. I'll do it after my scan & the blood draw for NIPT.

God I hope it lessens a bit. I'm useless. I can barely keep up with the messages on this board. I am mostly keeping up at work (and I work from home - it's not like it's a huge challenge!)

It's my birthday this week, and my best friend wants to take me out to brunch next Saturday at a restaurant we've wanted to go to for a while and I just know I'll be a nightmare. But she's going away for a few months, and I really want to hang out while we still can. But I'm certain there will be puking.

Thanks for the helpful advice ladies.

J.D. I could have written your post. Pretty sure if you looked up the definition of useless there would be a photo of my miserable, haggard face.

I had to call in sick today because there was no way I would have survived work or my 3 hour round trip commute. Finally settled down for a nap and got a call from daycare that DS isn't feeling well and I needed to come get him. Wanted to scream at them that he's much better off with them because I cannot even look after myself right now but of course couldn't. ](*,)

Spoke to the nurse at my doctor's office who said the vomitting will not hurt Baby. She suggested Tums for the stomach acid.

Sorry for the whine. Just feeling like such a crappy mom and useless human being at the moment.

Congrats on the great scans Ashely and Mother of Pugs!! Nice to hear so much good news.

Fit Mama - sorry you’re feeling so sick and useless. That’s awful that you had to take care of your sick kid when you were already sick yourself and needing to stay home and rest. I would have been so upset as well.

Ashley - beautiful scan. Congrats!

Motherofpugs - also a lovely scan! Wonderful news.

I am with everyone who’s feeling exhausted and useless. My nausea hasn’t been too bad, but this evening I got so nauseated that I almost threw up. It was so intense that I actually thought I had the stomach flu (because I haven’t been that sick so far this pregnancy), but it slowly subsided after I’d eaten, so I guess that’s that. It’s quite crappy because I’m stuck taking care of the kids myself all evening because dh is in bed with a migraine. He’s already been gone almost every evening for the past 2 weeks, so I’m feeling quite wiped and frustrated. I need someone to take care of me. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->