***January 2020 Testing Thread***

Thanks girls!!

I didn’t like the doctor much, she’s an older woman who was “friendly” but quite cold and yeah not reassuring at all. She said even after detecting a heartbeat I could still “lose it at any time”. Which yes, but the probability of that goes way down after 6ish weeks.... she also said I’m still “soooo young” (I’m 28 mind you) and have got my whole life ahead... gee thanks

Anyway, I realized what’s wrong - I told the doc the wrong gestation.. by ovulation I was 4+5 yesterday but we all know that’s not how gestation is officially counted. By last period I was actually 4+2 yesterday. So I’m thinking an hcg of 653 is actually really good for 4+2

about ultrasound, she said we can make an appointment for that in about two weeks depending on if my hcg is good.. but since according to her it wasn’t, she said to come back for another beta instead

anyways, will clarify with doc that I was actually only 4+2 officially, but even for 4+5 I don’t think 653 is too bad

Also Stacey, forgot the main symptom... fatigue from hell!! Gawd I’m just so dang sleepy all day, hard to focus at work!

I’m actually not too worried about my little bean as of now. I haven’t had one bit of spotting, no
cramping, my lines are nice and dark and have progressed nicely over the last 10 days... And overall I just feel good about this pregnancy.

Thanks girls!!

I didn’t like the doctor much, she’s an older woman who was “friendly” but quite cold and yeah not reassuring at all. She said even after detecting a heartbeat I could still “lose it at any time”. Which yes, but the probability of that goes way down after 6ish weeks.... she also said I’m still “soooo young” (I’m 28 mind you) and have got my whole life ahead... gee thanks

Anyway, I realized what’s wrong - I told the doc the wrong gestation.. by ovulation I was 4+5 yesterday but we all know that’s not how gestation is officially counted. By last period I was actually 4+2 yesterday. So I’m thinking an hcg of 653 is actually really good for 4+2

about ultrasound, she said we can make an appointment for that in about two weeks depending on if my hcg is good.. but since according to her it wasn’t, she said to come back for another beta instead

anyways, will clarify with doc that I was actually only 4+2 officially, but even for 4+5 I don’t think 653 is too bad
I just had to pop on after seeing this and say it’s not bad at all! My first betas were around 70 at 12/13dpo went back after three days and it was around 320 two days later it would have been around yours so that would have been over 4 weeks by dates! They are stronger than mine were! They said it was great and I’m currently 34 weeks. Your doc sounds crazy!

Also Stacey, forgot the main symptom... fatigue from hell!! Gawd I’m just so dang sleepy all day, hard to focus at work!

I’m actually not too worried about my little bean as of now. I haven’t had one bit of spotting, no
cramping, my lines are nice and dark and have progressed nicely over the last 10 days... And overall I just feel good about this pregnancy.

Yeah I have a good feeling too hun. I'm sure everything is just as it should be.

Yes it's the tiredness that's getting me at the moment. I don't remember being this tired in previous pregnancies but then again that was 10 years ago and I was a lot younger then!!! Hahahaha

I just had to pop on after seeing this and say it’s not bad at all! My first betas were around 70 at 12/13dpo went back after three days and it was around 320 two days later it would have been around yours so that would have been over 4 weeks by dates! They are stronger than mine were! They said it was great and I’m currently 34 weeks. Your doc sounds crazy!

Thanks you. that's really reassuring <3

Ugh, I ride my bike to work and this morning it was raining and slippery and I crashed big time.. left leg, arm and hand hurts and my bike was screwed up (luckily a car driver stopped and helped me fix it).

And of course my mamabear-to-be mind went to 'is my bean okay', but after some online research I feel better because it says that chances of miscarriage in early pregnancy due to a fall are very low.

Hope you all have a lovely Friday and weekend <3

There would be a very low chance of any harm to the baby. I hope you are feeling OK though, that sounds painful :hugs:

The fear is awful isn’t it. My boobs are not as sore this morning and I’m already worrying and freaking out [-o&lt;:x

Pine berry mines was 3,369 at 20dpo and I worked out if yours doubles every 2 days at that point you will be at 2,612 which I would say is good plus there is a theory certain sexes have higher hcg. One of my consultants didn’t have good bedside manner either plus when I was spotting a while back the MW said yeah it sounds like a miscarriage :wacko:

yeah hun defo do a journal I’ll follow it!

Wow Pineberry she shouldn't have made you worry like that. My doctor always goes by last menstrual period, not ovulation date as most people don't know their ovulation. I'm glad you figured that out so you could ease your mind.

In Canada we don't get results of our blood test, I think we'd get a call if their was a problem detected in our blood work. I've never been given my HCG results. We go to our doctor and they do a urine test and then send us for blood work. Heart beats aren't done on the Doppler until 8-10 weeks and our first ultrasound isn't until 12 weeks. I assume if they detect a problem then more intervention is done but for a seemingly normal pregnancy there's a lot of waiting and hoping things are good.

Eyes playing games!

Today I will be 3 days late, no real idea when I ovulated this month.

This was just inside the 10min window, prob just an evap......with my DD I kept getting BFN around when I was due and only got BFP 12 days late!

20200131_084202.jpg 20200131_153100.jpg

@Kimmi82 it looks like there is some colour on that second one but I don’t know.
I’m still getting negatives on all my amazon cheap ones which are supposed to be early tests at detect at 10miU but my frer are v positive.

This one is today at 12DPO

036CFB14-733C-4135-8C42-EC0A3ADC55CD.jpeg 2759B480-B416-42CF-97BD-1570FCFF7E1F.jpeg

@Kimmi82 it looks like there is some colour on that second one but I don’t know.
I’m still getting negatives on all my amazon cheap ones which are supposed to be early tests at detect at 10miU but my frer are v positive.

This one is today at 12DPO

View attachment 1077968 View attachment 1077970

Its soooooo frustrating haha! Tempted to get some FR in but may wait a day or two and use my last 2 cheapies. Massive congrats to you btw xxxx

@Kimmi82 you have more willpower than me. I’m a serial POAS er!!!! It’s terrible. I drive myself crazy. I really hope you get a BFP

@Kimmi82 how are you today, any update? X

@Laurabub84 how are you doing?

I'm OK thank you Fitz. I'm 6 weeks and 4 today. Suffering horrendous morning sickness. It suddenly went away last night and this morning so I started to panic but its back full force this afternoon. I had a call from the epu yesterday and have an early scan booked for Tuesday 11am. I'll be 7 weeks if my calculations are right. I'm feeling really nervous about it. Just hope everything is healthy and baby has a heartbeat.
Congratulations on your bfp. I wouldn't worry about the cheapies yet. Sometimes they can take longer to show a line and get darker.

@Laurabub84 I didn’t have morning sickness on my little boy so I don’t know what it’s like and I don’t envy you but it is a good sign so that’s a good thing.

had a positive on one of the cheaper tests last night that actually says 25miU so that is promising. My boobs are not sore though all day today. which is worrying me.
I have a horrendous cold too and that has me very grouchy. God I’m such a worrier when it comes to being pregnant and not at all in life in general.

@Kimmi82 how are you today, any update? X

@Laurabub84 how are you doing?

Well, it's been a funny one!

We DTD late last night and afterwards had a small amount of pink discharge so assumed AF had arrived, so tampon in and off to sleep I went. Took it out the next day and it was pristine....put another in and went to work, again nothing touched that either, so AF definitely hasnt arrived yet.

Still feeling bloated and tired, occasional twinge in lower tummy, we bought some clearblues today so will wait another day or so and test again. Its frustrating not knowing. We assume now that OH may have caused the pink discharge as if I am pregnant my cervix will be sensitive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->