January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hi ladies. So I had prepared my self from last Fridays scan and was positive it would be blighted ovum or missed miscarriage (yolk was seen) and was just trying to cope with whether it would be d&c or misoprostal route. I'm not a pessimist but just like to be prepared for the worst as that's where all the signs were pointing. Was hoping for some clarity at my scan today...

Instead I was given more hope and I am now in limbo again, although I believe the outcome not to be good just not quite sure what the specific diagnosis will be :( today the dr confirmed that a 7 week fetus was present (I should be 7w6d based on O day). Looks like I skipped the whole (tiny fetal pole phase). The problem was that it was not clearly defined. Quite hard to see but the measurement was large but quite blurred if that makes sense. I am quite thin and drank lots of water today do no excuses there. The dr said he saw a flutter (heartbeat) which we saw afterwards as well, however it was not strong enough to measure the beats per minute. It was my own OBGYN who was on call today and he was very optimistic. Wants to see me at his office Tuesday for an in office ultrasound again.

The nurse just called and said she was so sorry to inform me that my numbers only went up to 32,222 today from 27,000 Friday. Doesn't look good.

It really sounds like nobody actually talks to one another there! The doctor is optimistic but the nurse is telling you no??!! Seriously? :shrug::dohh::growlmad: Just try and hang in there ... I think :baby: is a fighter! :hugs:

Is anyone else having a problem with the extra saliva? I know it can be common in pregnancy but mine is slightly thicker and I have to rub my tongue on the top of my mouth to get all the extra saliva out of there. It's causing me to be more sick. It makes me gag to have all this spit in my mouth and when I try to get it all out, it makes it worse and I nearly vomit. Am I the only one dealing with this??

Hi ladies! Been a while since I last popped in here! Missed a lot! Hope all is going well for everyone.

Garfie- everything crossed for you! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

MamaOfOne- I think you've got a fighter there! Also think people at that office need to start communicating more. Hang in there!

AFM: I'm hoping we can get enough money together for a visit to a midwife. Been talking to a new friend here who has had all three of her kids at home, two of the unassisted (only her husband there). Been researching that as well, just in case God doesn't provided a way to secure a midwife for the birth.

Hi ladies. So I had prepared my self from last Fridays scan and was positive it would be blighted ovum or missed miscarriage (yolk was seen) and was just trying to cope with whether it would be d&c or misoprostal route. I'm not a pessimist but just like to be prepared for the worst as that's where all the signs were pointing. Was hoping for some clarity at my scan today...

Instead I was given more hope and I am now in limbo again, although I believe the outcome not to be good just not quite sure what the specific diagnosis will be :( today the dr confirmed that a 7 week fetus was present (I should be 7w6d based on O day). Looks like I skipped the whole (tiny fetal pole phase). The problem was that it was not clearly defined. Quite hard to see but the measurement was large but quite blurred if that makes sense. I am quite thin and drank lots of water today do no excuses there. The dr said he saw a flutter (heartbeat) which we saw afterwards as well, however it was not strong enough to measure the beats per minute. It was my own OBGYN who was on call today and he was very optimistic. Wants to see me at his office Tuesday for an in office ultrasound again.

The nurse just called and said she was so sorry to inform me that my numbers only went up to 32,222 today from 27,000 Friday. Doesn't look good.

Massive hugs you've really having a rubbish time, please don't give up hope after what happened to me I found this site and all the positive stories gave me faith and it was right my little girl is here x
https://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/mycommunity/viewforum.php?f=14

Thanks girls for all the positivity. I am for some reason feeling quite positive and think she is a little fighter as well. I think it was actually seeing the pulsing on the screen. However I cant help but feel that I was better prepared by having the negative thoughts like last week. Now that I suddenly have hope again I am petrified about my reaction on Tuesday if i don't see what I should whereas before I was expecting and ready to hear the bad news. I still don't doubt the fact that a negtaive outcome is likely, its just a matter of how long she hangs on. I am strangely feeling happy that I was at least able to see what I saw today, as with my miscarriage last year I didnt see anything. By the time I was scanned I had already been bleeding 3 days and there wasnt even a sac present. It almost felt as if I had imagined the whole thing. At least this time I know there actually is a baby in there and if it doesnt hold out it just really isn't meant to be and we can try again.

Bella'smummy: Thanks! I have read the heck out of that site over the past few weeks!

Sassy mom you are exactly right about them not speaking. After the nurse told me she was so so sorry about my not so great levels, she then asked me what the Dr had said to me if anything. Um why are you asking me? Isn't he there at the office with YOU? I am also having lots of saliva, kind of metallicky, yuck! Also when brushing my teeth this morning I had so much thick saliva (tmi) mixed with the damn toothbrush reaching the back of my gums that I must have dry heaved 6 times. So so terrible. I'm sorry I dont have any suggestions, just that it can be very normal. I remember it when preg with ds as well.

On a happier note: Can't remember which one of you started it, but all throughout the middle of the night last night I was craving apples and cheese but couldn't be bothered to drag myself out of bed. Now it's the chinese. Pretty much, someone just has to mention something and I want it baddd at this point. I'm a marketers dream, show me the commercial and I will have to run out to buy and eat whatever it is :haha:

Also having some crazy moments, crying one second and then laughing the next. Reminds me exactly of early pregnancy with DS but I also realize I have been on a rollercoaster lately which must also be contributing.

Well ladies, my visit to the hospital today was a lot more productive. They took some blood, okay, a lot of blood, I peed in a cup again, and my husband and I filled out a lot of paperwork, but things are finally moving along. I have my first official OB appointment Friday morning at 8 AM, and my appointment after that, which will definitely take place in the next two weeks, I'll get my ultrasound! The one good thing about my insurance is a first trimester ultrasound is a requirement! Although, they did start to give me shit for waiting this long to get things going even though it was their fault, I'm willing to look past it and just look forward to my ultrasound!

Does anyone notice more intense cramping near the time their period will be due! Of course i get the minor cramp here and there but ill be 8 weeks monday and it seems my cramps, altho still mild, are a little bit more intense! Also y backs been hurting like af is coming too and im breaking out like crazy again! Ugh

:happydance: Woohoo Brieri to finally getting that scan!! You have been so so patient! I would have been well passed crazy at that point.

Is anyone else having a problem with the extra saliva? I know it can be common in pregnancy but mine is slightly thicker and I have to rub my tongue on the top of my mouth to get all the extra saliva out of there. It's causing me to be more sick. It makes me gag to have all this spit in my mouth and when I try to get it all out, it makes it worse and I nearly vomit. Am I the only one dealing with this??

Occasionally i drool in my sleep but since pregnancy it's every night and my face is usually SOAKED in drool. It's terrible!!

Garfie: I hope this is just one big crazy scare that you'll be telling baby about in 8 months! :hugs: I hope your call was great, and your numbers are rising, as they should.

Mamaofone: It's great to hear that you have hope, hun! And you definitley should THERE IS A HB! :) Your numbers don't sound to bad, they don't rise so fast once they get that high. Plus, its at about 8 weeks when they start leveling off and HCG tells you nothing. I'm hoping you have a great outcome. :) And see a beautiful baby measuring right on, at your next scan. :hugs:

Hi Ladies

Sorry to keep you all hanging on........

I waited all night for my call!!!!

Called them this morning to be told my HCG had only gone up 3,565 in a week.

Have woke up with terrible back ache and my boobs seem to be less sore.

So I guess I'm losing it have to go for another HCG on Friday and another scan next Wednesday.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:hugs:

X

I hope not hun! :cry: :cry: Don't give up hope, though... I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope your next scan reveals a healthy beating baby! :hugs:

Oh Garfie and mama im so sorry you're both having such a hard time, dont give up hope just yet. Have everything crossed :hugs::hugs:

Sassy, you're definitely not alone, excess saliva is one of my only symptoms and it is really gross!!

Hope everyone is feeling fine, weekend is nearly here :happydance:

xxxxx

Quick check in from my hol-

Garfie, thinking of you, hope everything goes well.

Afm, I was sat twiddling my progesterone pack, and noticed my dosage had gone down on the box from twice a day to once, but they had nit said anything so I had still been doing twice. Rang the consultants office to explain that I wouldn't have enough to last me now, and was told it had been wrote by a junior Dr, and I need to keep to twice a day. Good job I carried on then!

Does anyone notice more intense cramping near the time their period will be due! Of course i get the minor cramp here and there but ill be 8 weeks monday and it seems my cramps, altho still mild, are a little bit more intense! Also y backs been hurting like af is coming too and im breaking out like crazy again! Ugh

i noticed! I even had some bleeding! Our bodies are crazy!

Starting to freak out now because my boobs arent as sore today... :( i dunno what to think now...

I have not had any cramps since 5 weeks pregnant but my symptoms have subsided, I have no nausea, no aversions to food, no heightened sense of smell and my boobs are not as sore!!! Should I be worrying, I have had a M/C before and didnt have many symptoms then. Anyone else gone through this and all been fine??

Symptoms seem to come and go, 2 days ago, had really sore boobs, yesterday, not at all and today they're back again! The only constant symptom i've had is feeling like i'm full of air, but this seems to ease if I start me day with a walk.

I wouldn't pannic, but if you're worred ask your GP / Midwife / health provider and I'm sure they'll be able to reassure you. x

yes, drs say itll happen up until the birth, its just your body staying on cycle even tho you wont get it..like an internal clock...:)

i noticed! I even had some bleeding! Our bodies are crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->