January Jellybeans 2013!...

Dark-congrats on the great scan!

Lorna-anything before 7 wks is just to "ify" to diagnose right away. So many people go back for a follow up scan a week or two later with a nice strong hb. Stay positive!!

hi everyone! I'm new to this website after a friend in Australia told me about it :)

EDD is January 10th, 2013! ... while it wasn't planned, my DF (darling fiance) and I are really thrilled to have a LO on the way - it's nickname is actually Jellybean! :thumbup: I'm 9 weeks, 1 day along. I have my next scan at exactly 12 weeks.

Lorna - I'm really sorry to hear about your scan. I can definitely sympathise with you there .. when we had our first scan at 6w 6d there were two sacs indicating fraternal twins ... one with our Jellybean in it (looking healthy) and the other sac had nothing in it... stopped growing at 5w 2d was the estimate... vanishing twin syndrome. Felt quite bittersweet after that, came home and had a good ol :cry: but we are very grateful to have an otherwise healthy jellybean all the same. I have a feeling I actually know when I lost the baby, but I'll never know for sure nor will I be able to prove it. The sonographer told me that the sac etc will just reabsorb back into my body.

Looking forward to sharing experiences with other mum's to be/mum's out there :)

Hubby nicknames our little one Gummy Bear:hugs: bc we have weird little nicknames for us and our dogs with "bear" on the end

Lorna - Hey just wanted to tell you that I'm going thru something similar to your story.
my last scan 5w3days showed a sac measuring 5 weeks 4 days and empty.......i don't know my hcg numbers but the doctor didn't seem optomistic.

i don't have another scan until next friday and It's been such a time waiting!!!!!!!

but there is a girl on my other thread that had the same thing happen and she just had another scan and there was baby! heartbeat and all.........

i hope this gives you hope.

are you having any kind of pg symptoms?

Lorna, here they won't scan until you are past 6 weeks as often there is nothing to see at that stage, and even if they do they can be as much as 5 days out. Did they see a fetal pole do you know? I understand the horrible worry but I hope it's just that it was too early and when you go back in two weeks there is a heartbeat.

Scan didn't go well today:nope: Empty gestational sac only measuring 5w5d, told very rare for this be and I might now MC!! I had a HCG 8,224 and repeat on Monday! Had both an abdo and vaginal scan! Just don't know how to feel :cry::cry: if no bleed a rescan in two weeks can only hope but may be futile! I just feel like crap!! Will keep you all updated!

Keeping you in my thoughts. Will keep things crossed for you! :hugs:

Lorna: I had a transabdominal scan at 5w4d also and the sac was empty. This Wednesday finally at 7w6d via abdominal scan again a fetus was finally located with a heartbeat but not strong enough to measure. The crl was about 7w0d. You may very well see what you hope for at your next scan. In my case I have continued to measure about 4-6 days behind. But it is consistent with itself in growth just always behind based on my o date. Not sure what my outcome will be but glad to finally have seen something in there.

I really hope you get clear results at your next scan.
Big hugs :hugs:

Thanks ladies for all your wishes:-

I am very confused now just had the results of my HCG test wonder if you ladies can shed any light?

6 June HCG 32565
8 June HCG 31494

It has gone down but not enough???? - I have another scan on Wednesday so hoping to see something:happydance:

The M/W contacted my Doc about the levels and the doc said maybe I am further on - how can that be when my lmp was 8.4 (apparently at 9/10 weeks HCG levels drop)

I am trying not to get to excited - but they have given me a little bit of hope again

:hugs:

X

Just got done at my OB appointment. Everything looks good, all the labs that have come back are normal and I'm scheduled for my next appointment on Tuesday! And that means ultrasound! And pap smear... But ultrasound!

Lorna - Hey just wanted to tell you that I'm going thru something similar to your story.
my last scan 5w3days showed a sac measuring 5 weeks 4 days and empty.......i don't know my hcg numbers but the doctor didn't seem optomistic.

i don't have another scan until next friday and It's been such a time waiting!!!!!!!

but there is a girl on my other thread that had the same thing happen and she just had another scan and there was baby! heartbeat and all.........

:hugs: to you and to Lorna.

on the same boat here. neurotic, anxious and all. last monday, my LMP measured at 6 weeks, 6 days (I had an irregular cycle, take note). expecting to see a fetus, heartbeat and all, the transvaginal scan revealed none - just a yolk sac and an enlarged gestational sac measuring 5 weeks, 6 days!

OB said "I'm sorry it wasn't the news you're expecting. Would you like to come in again for another scan?" After said visit, Google was on fire for me as I opened sites after sites indicating that my situation is most likely not so uncommon after all: Late ovulation + irregular cycle = not a good basis for baby's age/due date.

What's more, my HCG seems to agree that during said time, I was just at roughly 6 weeks! This chart seems to be in alignment with the "no fetal pole, just yolk sac" scan image.

For some reason, my OB's not so much in full support of my "irregular cycle theory" and asked me if I'm willing to oblige to a "formal scan with radiology". I was like, "Huh? Her transvaginal ultrasound WASN'T formal?":!:

Now I'm more anxious than ever.

I'm still praying though for the best for all of us here! [-o<

I am very confused now just had the results of my HCG test wonder if you ladies can shed any light?

6 June HCG 32565
8 June HCG 31494

It has gone down but not enough???? - I have another scan on Wednesday so hoping to see something:happydance:

The M/W contacted my Doc about the levels and the doc said maybe I am further on - how can that be when my lmp was 8.4 (apparently at 9/10 weeks HCG levels drop)

I am trying not to get to excited - but they have given me a little bit of hope again

X

:hugs: I think you have a little fighter in there!!! Hoping for wonderful news at your next appointment!

6 June HCG 32565
8 June HCG 31494

X

im trying to re-call... have you seen a HB yet?

Girafe - sounds positive! You definitely have a little fighter!

Precious - what is a formal scan with radiology? From what I know it's quite common to see an 'empry' sac at that stage. I've had scans at 4/6/8 weeks due to early problems and didn't see anything until week 8 when it has sprouted in to a baby looking blog with heart beat! Seat positive. X

Hi Little J - Both times the sac has appeared empty but first time it was only 15mm, 2nd time I wasn't told :cry:

I want to believe there is a little fighter - but it's getting harder:wacko:

X

Precious - what is a formal scan with radiology? From what I know it's quite common to see an 'empry' sac at that stage. I've had scans at 4/6/8 weeks due to early problems and didn't see anything until week 8 when it has sprouted in to a baby looking blog with heart beat! Seat positive. X

that's what I'm hoping to find out as soon as my OB responds to my email. it's a push and pull between my anxiety and my hopes that things are still okay - no bleeding so far! just minor cramping, mild nausea and really nasty tender breasts especially after laying on my back for a long time! :wacko:

Hi Little J - Both times the sac has appeared empty but first time it was only 15mm, 2nd time I wasn't told :cry:

X

my former supervisor also told me the same thing after a very stressful day at the office: "Believe that that baby's a little fighter." :hugs:

X

maybe your dates are wrong and the baby is a slow grower, taking its sweet little time. Hopefully youll get definite answeres sooner than later hun :hugs:

Keep positive!

i cant beleive your 10 weeks! i hope im lucky enough to get there. I cant wait to see my baby next week. so Nervous tho!

i like dont even want to look at the Dr.s expression bc i dont want to start cry if she has no expression or a sad look.

Me neither! The last 7 weeks has gone so quick! I hope the next two do as my scan is June 26. I am sending you positive thoughts for the next few days and nxt week. I always get really anxious before my scans and even worse when the Sonographer doesn't say anything. I always take someone with me who can edge round and peer at the screen. I would rather gage from their reaction then the sonographers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->