January Jellybeans 2013!...

Are any of you ladies having a hard time with being out of breath a lot faster? If I load my dishwasher, I'm panting and my heart is beating as if I just did my normal 20 minute cardio/strength training exercise!! I was panting when I finished loading it and struggled to start a load of laundry ... now I have to sip on ice water and sit still for awhile. I assume it is because of the extra blood flow which makes my heart have to work harder ... but I still think it is beyond strange. When I am use to working out pretty hard .... before I got pregnant I was use to going jogging with my 50llb dog and pushing a jogging stroller besides doing my normal work out routine. I'm telling you ... pregnancy is full of surprises ... even if you have done this before! lol

Yep, i am dying! If i get up to put a cup in the sink i am leaning on the counter and panting and stuff. So unusual for me cause i workout too and i had pretty good endurance. To think it might gt worse when i'm bigger!

So had my first appointment today and they didn't even attempt to hear the heartbeat since I'm only 8 weeks and a couple days but I'm had 2 other pregnancies and this the first time that they are only gonna give me my first ultrasound at 18-22 weeks so I'm sad about that but at least when I do go I'll be able to find out the sex !

Other than that she said everything was good and I got a prescription for my ms :)

Ok ladies, I have really bad food aversions. Like the thought of any food makes me ill. I do force myself to eat when I can.. And thought I was doing ok. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and I've lost 10lbs. :cry: I wonder if any of you have suggestions. I don't know as if nausea medication would help, I have a call into the dr, but was looking for any help or similar experiences.. :flower:

I was like u with all my Pregnancy's including this one even though I'm in the beging stages right now but when I saw my doc today I got her to precribe me meds for ms they work for a while but ur body might get ammune to them
But at least u will b able to hold food down and nourish ur baby in the mean time :) gl

I wish i were 11 weeks.... i feel like im the only one thats lagging behind with a later Jan due date!

omg, i wish i could lose 10 lbs, i stepped on the scale yesterday and i almost peed my pants when i saw the #. I know its only going to get worse!!

I wish i were 11 weeks.... i feel like im the only one thats lagging behind with a later Jan due date!

omg, i wish i could lose 10 lbs, i stepped on the scale yesterday and i almost peed my pants when i saw the #. I know its only going to get worse!!

In some cases losing 10lbs wouldn't matter, because usually you start regaining by second tri, but I didn't really have 10lbs I could lose. :dohh:

Kaiecee- Do you think that the nausea med would work for me? I'm just so confused because I'm not nauseous really, and then I smell or see food and no matter what it is I start dry heaving. Sorry tmi. With dd I had crazy cravings and ate non-stop, but so far I can't even eat things I normally love. I'm kind of hoping this is almost over since I'm close to second tri. :thumbup:

I think it would I was just like u it would hit me just like that never knew when it was coming u really should try it u would feel so much more better and have much more energy I'll be taking mine tonight so it will work tomorrow morning since trying to throw up with nothing in my tummy doesn't feel so good lol

Snowangel - I too have lost weight, probably about 13lb or so now. I think mine is mainly due to lose of appetite, although that has now returned so sure it won't take long to return. I have a fair bit of 'fluff' so not too worried about it but will be discussing it with MW when I see her.

As long as you are eating, and eating enough it should be ok.
Are you able to keep food down?

I have felt a little out of breath but not majorly. It certainly is full of surprises.

How are you sassy_mom?

Still battling this stupid nausea! :haha: Today is one of the better days. I'm not wanting to run to the bathroom every few seconds. I've learned to not move too much as that stirs up my stomach. I started my baby registry yesterday and that really got me excited. I added general needs (towels, rags, etc.) just to get it going. It gave me something really positive to think about and made me happy to finally get to start some baby stuff. I also got to feel :baby: move again last night. Absolutely wonderful. I'm holding out hope that the MS is going to start easing up on me and things will begin to get wonderful. Hopefully I can get some maternity pants soon. I am showing quite a bit. My husband is shocked that I am already showing so much. I told him it was because this is the second time around.

How are things with you sonia?

Are any of you ladies having a hard time with being out of breath a lot faster? If I load my dishwasher, I'm panting and my heart is beating as if I just did my normal 20 minute cardio/strength training exercise!! I was panting when I finished loading it and struggled to start a load of laundry ... now I have to sip on ice water and sit still for awhile. I assume it is because of the extra blood flow which makes my heart have to work harder ... but I still think it is beyond strange. When I am use to working out pretty hard .... before I got pregnant I was use to going jogging with my 50llb dog and pushing a jogging stroller besides doing my normal work out routine. I'm telling you ... pregnancy is full of surprises ... even if you have done this before! lol

Yep, i am dying! If i get up to put a cup in the sink i am leaning on the counter and panting and stuff. So unusual for me cause i workout too and i had pretty good endurance. To think it might gt worse when i'm bigger!

I know! My thoughts exactly. I wonder how hard it will be when I'm 8.5 months along!! I hope that this is just for the first trimester. Hopefully things will even themselves out in the next couple of weeks. I plan on getting back to exercising somewhat so that I stay fit. We can always hope right? :shrug::haha:

I am able to keep what I eat down, but it takes me a really long time to eat. I literally have to eat 2-3 bites then take a break.

Ah sorry to hear that it is still causing you problems.
I'm having a much better week ms wise, have had a few moments but nothing like I was having, so hoping that's the worse of it done and trying to to read too much into it going.

Ah it must be so wonderful to feel baby move. I haven't as yet. Well not that I know of but have read that first time round it is quite hard to early on as not sure what to look out for, plus I'm a larger lady so think that doesn't help. I have been having tummy ache, well more of a heavy tummy and today had some pains but mainly when I turned or twisted but they seem to have passes now. My cervical mucus has continued which I think is quite normal? Still seem to be losing weight but think that's a combination of watching what I eat and having no real appetite, although that's fast coming back!

I'm not really showing at all but again as a larger lady think that's normal. My clothes are definitely snug around the tummy, have resorted to dresses or leggings with long tops. Can't bear anything on my tummy, especially trousers, jeans or even knickers sometimes. When we found out I measured my tummy with a piece of ribbon and have kept it, I re measured today with the same piece and it just about does up now, at a stretch! My tummy is much harder too.

Nxt scan is 26 so not too long, getting nervous.
The Doppler I ordered arrived yesterday and as expected I couldn't hear anything, was really faint on my own heartbeat. The reviews online aren't particularly great for this model but it only cost me £1 so can sit on cupboard until later on.

Ah sounds amazing doing the list - is it like a registered gift list? They've just started going them in the uk too as the country seems to have gone nuts for baby showers.

We are moving tomorrow and I am in no mood to keep packing! Hubby is here, thank God, his last day at his old job was yesterday and he starts his new job 'till monday, so he is here to help. Although, I wish I could just take my normal naps, but he manages to make just enough noise for me to not be able too.

I am able to keep what I eat down, but it takes me a really long time to eat. I literally have to eat 2-3 bites then take a break.

I'm a bit like this, I'm not having ms, but just don't want to eat. Nothing takes my fancy, and the thought of eating can make me feel sick. It's like the food feels horrible in my mouth and I cant swallow. I don't know how much I've lost but my watch is spinning on my wrist, and its normally tight. I find it easier to eat in the day, but by 5 pm, it takes hold
. I just try to eat a little bit of something, even if it's just toast. When all else fails, I usually have a fishcake sandwich, it's the only thing I'm able to eat!

Ah sorry to hear that it is still causing you problems.
I'm having a much better week ms wise, have had a few moments but nothing like I was having, so hoping that's the worse of it done and trying to to read too much into it going.

Ah it must be so wonderful to feel baby move. I haven't as yet. Well not that I know of but have read that first time round it is quite hard to early on as not sure what to look out for, plus I'm a larger lady so think that doesn't help. I have been having tummy ache, well more of a heavy tummy and today had some pains but mainly when I turned or twisted but they seem to have passes now. My cervical mucus has continued which I think is quite normal? Still seem to be losing weight but think that's a combination of watching what I eat and having no real appetite, although that's fast coming back!

I'm not really showing at all but again as a larger lady think that's normal. My clothes are definitely snug around the tummy, have resorted to dresses or leggings with long tops. Can't bear anything on my tummy, especially trousers, jeans or even knickers sometimes. When we found out I measured my tummy with a piece of ribbon and have kept it, I re measured today with the same piece and it just about does up now, at a stretch! My tummy is much harder too.

Nxt scan is 26 so not too long, getting nervous.
The Doppler I ordered arrived yesterday and as expected I couldn't hear anything, was really faint on my own heartbeat. The reviews online aren't particularly great for this model but it only cost me £1 so can sit on cupboard until later on.

Ah sounds amazing doing the list - is it like a registered gift list? They've just started going them in the uk too as the country seems to have gone nuts for baby showers.

I'm glad your ms is doing much better. It is never any fun to go through that.

I have some problems with pains in my lower abdomen when I turn different ways. They seem to be random and when they happen I have to be very still until the pain passes. I think it is muscle pains.

It is the same as a registered gift list. Baby showers are big over here in the US. I had 2 with my daughter. My sister-in-law told me with her oldest son, she ended up having 5 different showers because of all different people throwing her showers. I guess that is great in getting things you need but I don't know that many people! :haha: I will most likely have 2 this go around. My in-laws throw one and then my family and friends have another.

@Sassy, i'm hoping i'll be able to get back into it in 2nd tri, i hate being so inactive but the slightest thing has me gasping. Before being pregnant i was squatting 65lbs 3 sets, 10-12 reps, now i do 1 set with no weight, 10 reps and i'm dying! It seriously sucks.

As far as home birth, if you look for the terror stories, you are going to find them. A lot of people have the one and only option to go with a MW because giving birth in the US is very expensive when you do not have insurance. I think it's where you must be sensitive before you scare the shi.. out of somebody. There are more positive stories than there will be bad ones. I know that US MW are certified and very well trained. My sister in law, for one, had her first child in a hospital, and she says she hated the experience, the 2 other babies after that with a MW and the last one she was just assisted by her husband who is a Paramedic. I also know that the MW that I've been talking to has referred people to the hospital the second she sees something is wrong.

As for me, I still don't know. Not because I don't trust the MW, it's just because of my husbands new job and our new insurance.

Deedee - hope the move goes well.

Sassy - I think I'll have one with friends and family as we are all quite close and everyone knows everyone. Very exciting!

My mw asked me to stop swimming until 12 weeks due to bleeding and I cannot wait to get back in the pool. I want our baby to be a water baby and like the thought of them being comfortable in water as early as possible, hence also the water birth. Don't think I'll be doing my normal one mile a session when I get back, may take a few sessions :)

@Sassy, i'm hoping i'll be able to get back into it in 2nd tri, i hate being so inactive but the slightest thing has me gasping. Before being pregnant i was squatting 65lbs 3 sets, 10-12 reps, now i do 1 set with no weight, 10 reps and i'm dying! It seriously sucks.

You are doing better than me than! I'm lucky to be able to walk to the bathroom. I can't exercise at all. I'm such a slug ... part of it is the ms ... but I mean just loading the dishwasher is too much. I'm dizzy and nauseous and panting and my heart is pounding. It's ridiculous! I am ready to be back to normal!!

^Oh no, it's not my regular routine at all! I've only been able to do that maybe 3 times since being pregnant, all i can think about is sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->