January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hey ladies,
Wow, reading through all your posts makes me glad I live in Canada. I cannot believe what you guys have to pay for in other countries! Everything leading up to this baby as well as all the care during labour and all the care after for both me and baby is 100% paid for. It will not cost me anything.... if there are complications, that is paid for too.

I saw the movie Sicko, and it makes me angry. Is it really like that?

yes charlieo, only you ladies, my HTB and 2 close fr4iends know.... i hit the 12 weeks mark today and i think im still gonna wait until im 15 weeks :) dont feel guilty
Is anyone else keeping their bump a secret until 12 weeks and feeling REALLY guilty about it?

Went to see my parents last night, and i felt SO bad not telling them, and we saw the in-laws last week and didn't tell them either. Had a friend round on friday and I was drinking fake "gin" and cranberry (i.e. tonic and cranberry) to put him off. We didn't tell anyone we were trying, as we were worried it wasn't going to happen. So I don't think anyone has a CLUE that we're pregnant and I was fine with it before, but yesterday made me feel SO guilty! We only have to wait another 3 weeks for the scan, but i get the feeling everyone is going to be BEYOND surprised, and I'm not sure i know how to deal with that.

Is anyone else keeping their bump a secret until 12 weeks and feeling REALLY guilty about it?

Went to see my parents last night, and i felt SO bad not telling them, and we saw the in-laws last week and didn't tell them either. Had a friend round on friday and I was drinking fake "gin" and cranberry (i.e. tonic and cranberry) to put him off. We didn't tell anyone we were trying, as we were worried it wasn't going to happen. So I don't think anyone has a CLUE that we're pregnant and I was fine with it before, but yesterday made me feel SO guilty! We only have to wait another 3 weeks for the scan, but i get the feeling everyone is going to be BEYOND surprised, and I'm not sure i know how to deal with that.

I wanted to keep it a secret until at least 12 weeks, but I told family this weekend bc my bump is getting obvious...DH misunderstood the "announcement" and put it on Facebook. :wacko: Now I'm even more paranoid that something will go wrong.

I wanted to keep it a secret until at least 12 weeks, but I told family this weekend bc my bump is getting obvious...DH misunderstood the "announcement" and put it on Facebook. :wacko: Now I'm even more paranoid that something will go wrong.

At least you're nearly at your 12 weeks... The next three weeks are going to be torture for me! :)

I wish I had a bump to hide!!!! Some days I think I have a bump but others not so much. I was a US size 12-14 to begin with so I think it will take time!! I have my big scan in one week I cant wait as I am so nervous because I have been fine for like a week now!! I saw the heartbeat at 10w2d so thats giving me hope!

im so sorry nick:hugs:

for fathers day, i got a card for hubby and i wrote in it as if the baby was talking to him. Saying how the baby cant wait to meet him, that he loves when he touches mommies belly bc it makes him feel close, loves when he talks to him bc mommies voice can get boring after a while :haha:

My MIL got hubby a card and a cute little outfit. Hubby plays baseball and he his # 15 and she got him a baby outfit thats plaid and has a dog with baseball stuff on it with the dog wearing #15. Its defo a boy outfit but i can put a little girl in it too! Who cares if its blue and yellow!

i know you ladies that have bad MS will think im wierd for saying this but i really wish i had it bad. I only get a sicky feeling when i have an empty tummy.... i dont have my 12 week scan until July 17th and it feels SO far away!

I was looking at pictures of my last pregnancy and I first got a "bump" at around 18weeeks. I'm not sure when it'll be obvious this pregnancy. I was thinking earlier, but I'm basically 12 weeks and I can tell but people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I'm pregnant. :haha:

Hey ladies,
Wow, reading through all your posts makes me glad I live in Canada. I cannot believe what you guys have to pay for in other countries! Everything leading up to this baby as well as all the care during labour and all the care after for both me and baby is 100% paid for. It will not cost me anything.... if there are complications, that is paid for too.

I saw the movie Sicko, and it makes me angry. Is it really like that?
Also Canadian, very glad that we don't have to pay for so much, that we have health coverage.
I've heard some terrible things about the system in the US.....
The one thing I'm envious of is that almost every single other place can find out gender before 20 weeks, like in Canada..... It's so far away!

apparently my little one likes to make my head feel loopy... haha i feel a tad light headed. Gosh id do anything to go back to bed right now! I was SO tempted to call into work bc i was so tired when i woke up.... but im trying to be a trooper today!

I'm feeling a little guilty now we're had the scan tbh, I had the most awful dream that OHs Mum died and I wished we had told them...but it's going to be the weekend when I'm 12 weeks. It's a month since their oldest son suddenly died on the weekend before, and they are still sorting things out atm.
My parents is a difficult matter as they live so far away (in Switzerland) so it'll be a phone-job and I SO hope they'll be happy for us - but I just don't know.

Sorry for your loss Nicky :( :hugs:

I had no real 'bump' last time until near the 3rd tri, I just looked fat!

Had my booking-in appointment today, everything good, plenty of blood drained out of my arm and a gorgeous picture of our new baby! He/She rolled for us and had a big stretch, was amazing to see something so tiny so clearly. We could even see the profile of Drembie's face! Little tiny nose <3

Definitely feel I have a baby in there now, it's got very real all of a sudden!

Attachments

• scan (2).jpg
    scan (2).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 9
  • scan (1).jpg
    scan (1).jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4

I'm feeling a little guilty now we're had the scan tbh, I had the most awful dream that OHs Mum died and I wished we had told them...but it's going to be the weekend when I'm 12 weeks. It's a month since their oldest son suddenly died on the weekend before, and they are still sorting things out atm.
My parents is a difficult matter as they live so far away (in Switzerland) so it'll be a phone-job and I SO hope they'll be happy for us - but I just don't know.

Sorry for your loss Nicky :( :hugs:

I had no real 'bump' last time until near the 3rd tri, I just looked fat!

Had my booking-in appointment today, everything good, plenty of blood drained out of my arm and a gorgeous picture of our new baby! He/She rolled for us and had a big stretch, was amazing to see something so tiny so clearly. We could even see the profile of Drembie's face! Little tiny nose <3

Definitely feel I have a baby in there now, it's got very real all of a sudden!

How cute :) i have a feeling i wont show til late but im sooo bloated now...

i'm keeping it a secret from everyone but close family and my close girlfriends.

I told the people who i would want supporting me in a miscarriage, but in saying that my parents and siblings wont know until i'm 13 weeks as that's when i see my family as they live inter-state.

But do you feel bad about them not knowing? It's so weird that i feel guilty about it all of a sudden!

i do kind of, i was just discussing it with hubby after your post actually. I mean i would of told them if we weren't in separate states but we really want to tell them in person. I feel guilty that my girlfriends know and they don't, I also feel guilty that they're finding out so late and it's allowed to be public as soon as they know i just want them to know first, so i do feel bad that they are being lobbed into the same length of notice as everyone else. I think it's good that in the same day they find out they get to ring all the rellies in excitement and share the news rather than finding out and having to hold it in for 6 weeks or so. But then i wonder if it's more mean to rob them of that special little secret for a few weeks where they know more than everyone else. Then i think we've cut out 2-3 months of the waiting time which is good for them! then it won't feel like i'm pregnant forever.

Then i think i'm thinking too far into it.

I've been struggling with this, I told immediate family pretty quickly, but we have a large extended family and waited much longer to tell them, I still have lots of my cousins and Aunts/ Uncles to tell....
Finally got to share with my Mom's side of the family at a dinner last night. It's nice to share in person.

I posted on Facebook yesterday since I'll be 12 weeks on Friday. Then, I had some serious thoughts about taking the post back down, I mean, what if I lose the baby this week? But I'm forcing myself to relax over it. I just saw the baby on Thursday and it was healthy and strong and perfect. I had already told my immediate family and close friends who are as good as family. I'm still a little unsure about the Facebook post, but chances are getting very slim that I lose it, and I get to see it again next week.

I'm glad it's not just me struggling with it, I wonder if its because my nausea and tiredness has stepped up a notch that I feel so bad about it. We're going to tell them face to face, and then travel up to scotland to tell the inlaws face to face, then a couple of close friends, then tell everyone. I just feel like i might blind side them a bit, and then i maybe wont get the reaction i'm hoping for. I just hope my mum isn't upset with me for not sharing this with her before.

If you JUST saw ur lil bean and hb this Thursday, your chances are like 97% that things will continue, very unlikely to have a mc at this point.

I told most of my friends and family right away I figured what happens happens I was so happy that I was pregnant.

I wont have my first u/s till the 24th of aug. that's gonna drive me crazy
Ms is bad some days expecially after sex

I do have a bump already I'm just hoping its water I had alot of water with my first 2 pregnancies hope all u ladies are doing good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->