January Jellybeans 2013!...

We told a couple people close to us but not family. We wanted it to be fair for both sides and DH's brother just had a baby 2 months ago. They were due exactly 9 months to the day our DD was born and they waited until she was 3 months to tell everyone so as not to take the spotlight away. So now, believe it or not, we are due exactly 9 months to the day from when their DD was born so we're going to return the favour.

Betheney could you update my EDD to jan 12th please? They bumped me back.

i did put mine on facebook last week after we saw bean and heard the heartbeat at 174 bpm... sometimes i wonder if it was the best thing to do since we got such an overwhelming response.. but then again, if anything goes wrong ill have a wonderful support group!

we came out and told friends and family over the weekend. I am not posting anything on facebook tho until 12 weeks.

But just remember... back in the day right when you found out you were pregnant everyone told everyone and there was no fear of MC even tho the odds of a MC were about the same..... so i think women are just so freaked out now these days bc we are so well informed.

today im not feeling too hot.... on the verge of vomiting... never has been this bad. If i think about it it makes me want to puke

I just gave our parents to OK to spread the news. Didnt post on fb yet though!

AWESOME, jrowenj! I hadn't seen you post for a bit, was getting worried!

Must feel great to not be holding the secret! How much longer until u post on fb?

I knowww this thread is hard to keep up with!!!!!

I dont know when i wanna announce it on fb!!!! I have some ppl on my friends list that i dont want knowing my busines. Long story!!!

Maybe after my next scan???? I dont even know when i get to have another scan!

Hi ladies

After a bit of advice as this is my first pregnancy. I have been unable to go to the loo since Tuesday morning so nearly a week now :wacko:
I drinks loads of water,I have a fibre rich diet and I even tried a hot curry a few days ago. I am bloated and uncomfortable. I had a look on line today and tried the prune juice. I have had 3/4 bottle and as yet no relief I even tried some exercises led on the floor but still no joy.

Do any of you know of anything else I try?

Hi ladies

After a bit of advice as this is my first pregnancy. I have been unable to go to the loo since Tuesday morning so nearly a week now :wacko:
I drinks loads of water,I have a fibre rich diet and I even tried a hot curry a few days ago. I am bloated and uncomfortable. I had a look on line today and tried the prune juice. I have had 3/4 bottle and as yet no relief I even tried some exercises led on the floor but still no joy.

Are you on pregnacare? I was first time round and found the iron in them too much and it gave me bad constipation. If that's the care switch to a different prenatal. I'm doing folic acid, omega 3s and natural liquid iron.

Really hope it passes for you soon, it's ROTTEN. I got a hemorrhoid 3 days ago talking of rotten! Bleugh. Lucky I had plenty of cream left from last time round!

jrowenj - I'm waiting till 20 weeks for FB, several people that don't need to know my business and also OH has an ex from hell who I highly doubt will be in anyway happy for us, in fact I imagine she'll try and have her 5th child asap after she knows. OH also wants to tell his daughters face to face, so they hear it from him and not her, and we are waiting till 20 weeks to tell them to make sure everything is ok.

I knowww this thread is hard to keep up with!!!!!

I dont know when i wanna announce it on fb!!!! I have some ppl on my friends list that i dont want knowing my busines. Long story!!!

Maybe after my next scan???? I dont even know when i get to have another scan!
It's completely your choice when to share the news and if you're not sure, then it's good to wait a bit longer. I had my scan at 8 weeks but no idea about my next one.... It's gonna be after I'm 14 weeks for sure...
Luckily I used the doppler yesterday and it worked!
Have u been using urs?
I'm not too worried about the fb people, so I'm gonna post when I'm 12 weeks. Things have been fine, no bleeding or bad cramps.... Seems like I'm lucky :)

Emy i totally understand!!

Jch i usedmine 2 days ago! Im tempted to listen again today. Im addicted!

Hi ladies

Are you on pregnacare? I was first time round and found the iron in them too much and it gave me bad constipation. If that's the care switch to a different prenatal. I'm doing folic acid, omega 3s and natural liquid iron.

Really hope it passes for you soon, it's ROTTEN. I got a hemorrhoid 3 days ago talking of rotten! Bleugh. Lucky I had plenty of cream left from last time round!

jrowenj - I'm waiting till 20 weeks for FB, several people that don't need to know my business and also OH has an ex from hell who I highly doubt will be in anyway happy for us, in fact I imagine she'll try and have her 5th child asap after she knows. OH also wants to tell his daughters face to face, so they hear it from him and not her, and we are waiting till 20 weeks to tell them to make sure everything is ok.

I am on pregnacare and I thought they might be to blame but I have been taking them since before I caught and this is the first time I've had this problem. I will pop in the chemist tomorrow and try something different.

Thanks very much

Hey girlies, Hope everyone is well :)

I got my first MW appointment today, For Thursday, but iv had to put it off due to a day trip i had organised months ago, and now the MW's away so i cant be seen for another 3 week :cry:, gutted isnt the word, but i cant let my pals down either....

All day sickness is still here, fortunately iv not yet been sick and its just putting me off eating, so not all bad i guess :thumbup:, Still cramping a little but i know its normal x x

We'll be announcing after our 12 week scan but I'll be blocking my status update from certain people on my friend list. Does make me wonder why they're on there now - clear out time I think!

Is anyone else keeping their bump a secret until 12 weeks and feeling REALLY guilty about it?

Went to see my parents last night, and i felt SO bad not telling them, and we saw the in-laws last week and didn't tell them either. Had a friend round on friday and I was drinking fake "gin" and cranberry (i.e. tonic and cranberry) to put him off. We didn't tell anyone we were trying, as we were worried it wasn't going to happen. So I don't think anyone has a CLUE that we're pregnant and I was fine with it before, but yesterday made me feel SO guilty! We only have to wait another 3 weeks for the scan, but i get the feeling everyone is going to be BEYOND surprised, and I'm not sure i know how to deal with that.

i'm keeping it a secret from everyone but close family and my close girlfriends.

I told the people who i would want supporting me in a miscarriage, but in saying that my parents and siblings wont know until i'm 13 weeks as that's when i see my family as they live inter-state.

But do you feel bad about them not knowing? It's so weird that i feel guilty about it all of a sudden!

i do kind of, i was just discussing it with hubby after your post actually. I mean i would of told them if we weren't in separate states but we really want to tell them in person. I feel guilty that my girlfriends know and they don't, I also feel guilty that they're finding out so late and it's allowed to be public as soon as they know i just want them to know first, so i do feel bad that they are being lobbed into the same length of notice as everyone else. I think it's good that in the same day they find out they get to ring all the rellies in excitement and share the news rather than finding out and having to hold it in for 6 weeks or so. But then i wonder if it's more mean to rob them of that special little secret for a few weeks where they know more than everyone else. Then i think we've cut out 2-3 months of the waiting time which is good for them! then it won't feel like i'm pregnant forever.

Then i think i'm thinking too far into it.

I live 1800 miles away from all my family. I had thought about keeping it a secret until my visit home this summer, I'll be about 17weeks. So kind of like get off the plane with a belly would be my announcement.. BUT dh couldn't keep it quiet so I had to call family and tell them before finding his post on facebook. :dohh: This was at 3weeks4days.

So basically everybody knew then. After family was called I posted on my Facebook, partially because we have mutal friends and they'd see his post and also because the only people I keep on my page are close friends or other family members.. All people I'd want to know and who I know would be super supportive if anything were to happen with this pregnancy. :flower:

So, I'm hoping and praying that miraculously by the day I turn 12 weeks my sickness will just disappear and I'll start the magical time of pregnancy...

So, I'm hoping and praying that miraculously by the day I turn 12 weeks my sickness will just disappear and I'll start the magical time of pregnancy...

No lie, the day i turned 12 weeks i got alllll my energy back, no more sore bbs and no more nausea!

No lie, the day i turned 12 weeks i got alllll my energy back, no more sore bbs and no more nausea!

I'm hoping this happens with me too, but it seems like this last week things are worse.. :wacko: I just hope I get some relief at some point during this pregnancy. :shrug:

I have my scan on Thursday at 11+1 and if all is well we will do out Facebook announcement. Our families know ( first grand baby for my parents!) and our close friends an coworkers know.

Welcome to the new ladies! It is soooo hard to keep up with this thread! Having a bad day MS-wise, I haven't thrown up but I've been having some really intense waves of nausea.

I'm hoping this happens with me too, but it seems like this last week things are worse.. :wacko: I just hope I get some relief at some point during this pregnancy. :shrug:

Me too! Today was just crazy all over, slept after hubby went to work because my MS was to intense, woke up and ran to the bathroom and i'm still having little talks with my lunch, asking it to please stay to nurture my baby. I can't wait to see if I'll get up and going in a week and a half!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->