January Jellybeans 2013!...

What names are everyone thinking??

Well we are thinking Renae Evelyn for a girl and Jackson Bridger for a boy. But both middle names are up in the air.

Elizabeth Anne for a Girl. My middle name is Elizabeth and 3 of her great grandmothers are named Anne.

Matthew Thomas for a Boy. Hubby's Papa is named Thomas.

I love those names, DeeDee! We're using my middle name for our next lil girl

I know how you feel Deedee I am really struggling today. I have just thought that some of us may end up with Christmas babies if there are any early arrivals!!

Yeah, I already told in laws to count us out of their Christmas celebrations. We have to drive 4 hours to get there and 4 hours back. Can you imagine if I start labor in the middle of No Where Texas?! I've heard a lot that first time mammas can be ahead a couple of weeks. You just never know!

Oh wow.... That would be a long trip. I made an 8 hour trip.for. Christmas before my DD was born.. It was no fun. She was actually week late she was due the 11th of Feb. And was born on the 19th.

We're thinking maybe sophie for a girl and either callan of finley for a boy...

Our bean will either be called Jackson or Caleb if its a boy or Arianna or Alexis if its a girl :) middle name for a boy is Thomas (the hubbys name) or Blu for a girl.

Just had my maternity meeting with HR at work, all very mind boogling!

Here goes ... for those in the UK any how:

90% for first six weeks of maternity leave (value calculated at 15 weeks before EDD)
£135.45* for remaining 33 weeks, if decide to take 33 weeks off

* This may increase subject to Government changes come April 2013.

Entitled to 26 ordinary maternity leave, and 26 weeks additional maternity leave, of which 39 weeks are paid, therefore 13 weeks unpaid if decide to take a full 52 weeks off.

Have to advise in writing no later than 15 weeks before EDD

Maternity leave can start 11 weeks before EDD

If ill with pregnancy related illness 4 weeks before EDD, employer has a right to commence maternity leave from this point

Keeping in touch days - allowed 10 per year, of which do not effect SMP and paid at your normal daily rate (in addition to maternity pay, variance between the two paid)

Pension contributions continue at employers rate, your contributions based on % of salary compared to what % was paying before (so if 2% before, would be 2% of SMP whilst off)

Pay rises have to also be applied - cannot be excluded
Annual bonus - to be confirmed, although she still be entitled to it as worked the full year
Holiday - accrues

Returning to work - if after the full 52 weeks, do not legally have to inform that will be returning, but nice to know. If wishing to return earlier must give 8 weeks notice. If requesting flexible working need to put in writing. Employer will consider but do not have to agree to it. Only allowed to request 1 per year.

Think that's it for now ...

My predicament is that my assistant is also leaving in October to go travelling and I know my boss wants to change the structure of our team. Not sure how or when but I would rather know what is happening and what I am coming back to before go on leave.

I love all the names everyone is coming up with!! We are Andrew Michael for a boy or Audrey Michelle for a girl!

I love all the names everyone is coming up with!! We are Andrew Michael for a boy or Audrey Michelle for a girl!

omg my brother is Michael Andrew. How funny?! I love all the names too!!

I have yet to pick any names...

thinking of Blake for a boy and Riley for a girl... but not set on anything

Wow Sonia, what great benefits compared to here in the U.S. That blows me away lol.

hubby and i are set on Braxton Cole (cole is hubbies first name) for boy and Braelynn (we think Ana *pronounced On-uh*) for middle for girl bc my first names ends in Ana same with my youngest sister.

US materinity leave all depends on your place of business. My company is nice enough to pay me 100% of my normal salary for 8 weeks of time off (they treat it at Short term disability). I can also add in my own personal time off which right now i get 19 days of paid time off. So all in all i COULD have about 12 weeks of work off paid. I dont want to use all my PTO tho as i want to save some for throught the year so i can come home and be with baby on random days

Welcome newbies!!

I've been a bit crap about posting on here recently but we had our scan this morning and all is well. Downs risk is 1:9855. :thumbup:
We currently like Darcey for a girl and Finn for a boy but we've not completely decided yet and are still discussing middle names.

https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j328/HannahB78/baby%202/P1010914.jpg

hubby and i are set on Braxton Cole (cole is hubbies first name) for boy and Braelynn (we think Ana *pronounced On-uh*) for middle for girl bc my first names ends in Ana same with my youngest sister.

US materinity leave all depends on your place of business. My company is nice enough to pay me 100% of my normal salary for 8 weeks of time off (they treat it at Short term disability). I can also add in my own personal time off which right now i get 19 days of paid time off. So all in all i COULD have about 12 weeks of work off paid. I dont want to use all my PTO tho as i want to save some for throught the year so i can come home and be with baby on random days

Welcome newbies!!
Cole is my nephews name :)

anyone thought of nursery ideas?

If I have a boy I am doing a nautical theme and if it's a girl I am doing pink and gray dandelion theme : )

I love anything paisley for a girl... Byt not sure..boy..i havnt really thought about..i wish vera bradley had nursury bedding lol

Wow Sonia, what great benefits compared to here in the U.S. That blows me away lol.

Gosh, I think they are quite bad! My old company used to pay full pay for 6 months, now most employers have dropped it because of the recession and just go with statutory maternity pay

I love anything paisley for a girl... Byt not sure..boy..i havnt really thought about..i wish vera bradley had nursury bedding lol

paisley is a cute theme! Yes, vera bradley bedding would be perfect!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->