January Jellybeans 2013!...

Nice scan pic hun!

I want to do a neutral room style no matter what. I always was a fan of the safari/rainforest themes... but everyone does that now these days i feel.

The nautical theme is a great idea! thats kind of fun!

I was also maybe thinking of a "bear" themed room since hubby and i always call everything "bear" at the end of everyhting. haha So i feel like having a cuddly bear themed room would just fit our quirkey family :haha:

Nice scan pic hun!

I want to do a neutral room style no matter what. I always was a fan of the safari/rainforest themes... but everyone does that now these days i feel.

I was also maybe thinking of a "bear" themed room since hubby and i always call everything "bear" at the end of everyhting. haha So i feel like having a cuddly bear themed room would just fit our quirkey family :haha:

aww a bear theme sounds cute! I saw a few Owl themes that looked really cute also!

My husband was in the navy, so if its a boy that is why we decided nautical! I want to frame hubbys navy uniform and hang it in the room!

aww Jrow thats cute! I lvoe nautical themed rooms bc i LOVE the ocean

Has anyone else been suffering from nasal congestion!? ever since i got my BFP ive had it a litt.e... but lastnight was BAD, i couldnt breath! my mouth got so dry while sleeping bc i had to breath thru my mouth. I tried Vicks' Vapor rub but it didnt help :nope: So i didnt sleep well at ALL lastnight....

i also notice when i sleep on my belly, i feel like a pressure ball between my belly button and va-jay-jay. I wonder if thats my uterus growing?!

I'm probably going to have to do a neutral theme. I have the feeling that this baby isn't going to share its gender with us at my next ultrasound and just keep its legs shut. But I actually really like the sky themed stuff, so that'll go either way. You know the stuff with the moon and stars and then on the other side has the sun and clouds?

I'm probably going to have to do a neutral theme. I have the feeling that this baby isn't going to share its gender with us at my next ultrasound and just keep its legs shut. But I actually really like the sky themed stuff, so that'll go either way. You know the stuff with the moon and stars and then on the other side has the sun and clouds?

Yes pretty!!

Well we decided on animal theme cuz we bought things right away and wanted something unisex and if it's a boy we will add boy touches and if it's a girl same thing :)

I hadn't given nursery themes any thought yet other then looking at paint colors. I think I might work on that today tho. I'm cool with neutral themes but dh is more like pink for girl, blue for boy. Guess I'll find some I like and decide after we find out gender only 23 days. :thumbup:

Just had my maternity meeting with HR at work, all very mind boogling!

Here goes ... for those in the UK any how:

90% for first six weeks of maternity leave (value calculated at 15 weeks before EDD)
£135.45* for remaining 33 weeks, if decide to take 33 weeks off

* This may increase subject to Government changes come April 2013.

Entitled to 26 ordinary maternity leave, and 26 weeks additional maternity leave, of which 39 weeks are paid, therefore 13 weeks unpaid if decide to take a full 52 weeks off.

Have to advise in writing no later than 15 weeks before EDD

Maternity leave can start 11 weeks before EDD

If ill with pregnancy related illness 4 weeks before EDD, employer has a right to commence maternity leave from this point

Keeping in touch days - allowed 10 per year, of which do not effect SMP and paid at your normal daily rate (in addition to maternity pay, variance between the two paid)

Pension contributions continue at employers rate, your contributions based on % of salary compared to what % was paying before (so if 2% before, would be 2% of SMP whilst off)

Pay rises have to also be applied - cannot be excluded
Annual bonus - to be confirmed, although she still be entitled to it as worked the full year
Holiday - accrues

Returning to work - if after the full 52 weeks, do not legally have to inform that will be returning, but nice to know. If wishing to return earlier must give 8 weeks notice. If requesting flexible working need to put in writing. Employer will consider but do not have to agree to it. Only allowed to request 1 per year.

Think that's it for now ...

My predicament is that my assistant is also leaving in October to go travelling and I know my boss wants to change the structure of our team. Not sure how or when but I would rather know what is happening and what I am coming back to before go on leave.

Wow! You get so much time off!! In the US, most places give you 6 weeks unpaid. I think now you might be able to take a full 12 weeks unpaid but still .... Thankfully I am a stay at home mom but when I was pregnant with DD, I was working and I was struggling to figure out what to do because you have to be with your company a full year and I was going to cut it one month short. They basically would have made me quit and I "might" could get my job back after 6 weeks. :( We decided I would just stop working.

My husband's 25th birthday next week and he's having a fit about celebrating it. What is with men? Why do they want to deprive their wives of the ability to celebrate their coming into this world? Why do I feel like I'm wording everything weird?

I think i want to do a duck themed room, we love boston, and try to visit every year so i think i might do make way for the ducklings :) it could probably suit a girl or a boy...

Has anyone else been suffering from nasal congestion!? ever since i got my BFP ive had it a litt.e... but lastnight was BAD, i couldnt breath! my mouth got so dry while sleeping bc i had to breath thru my mouth. I tried Vicks' Vapor rub but it didnt help :nope: So i didnt sleep well at ALL lastnight....

i also notice when i sleep on my belly, i feel like a pressure ball between my belly button and va-jay-jay. I wonder if thats my uterus growing?!

I have nasal congestion off and on. It drives me insane. I also sneeze constantly. I get so tired of sneezing. I feel like I am allergic to being pregnant!

I have the same feeling. I roll over onto my stomach in my sleep and wake up that way and feel it. I worry I've squished something in there. :haha:

Nice scan pic hun!

aww a bear theme sounds cute! I saw a few Owl themes that looked really cute also!

My husband was in the navy, so if its a boy that is why we decided nautical! I want to frame hubbys navy uniform and hang it in the room!

That is such a cute idea! What a great addition to the room his uniform will make!

We are doing a jungle themed room. I would love to add lots of decorations and stickers to the room that go with the bedding too. It's a neutral jungle theme and I'm thinking of just painting the wall a cream color.

They do have cute owl stuff out there. I also like the ocean theme stuff. There are too many cute things to do! lol! I am ready to start decorating though. We have to close in our storage building so we can move the stuff out of what will be the nursery. I am looking forward to that so much. That is when it really becomes real. I remember finally getting in to decorate and put together DD furniture and set up her room ... it was the most wonderful feeling. :happydance:

I have nasal congestion off and on. It drives me insane. I also sneeze constantly. I get so tired of sneezing. I feel like I am allergic to being pregnant!

I have the same feeling. I roll over onto my stomach in my sleep and wake up that way and feel it. I worry I've squished something in there. :haha:

oh, i sneeze too! and i dont have allergies! Everytime right before my BFP's i would always sneeze, so i joke with Hubby then i know if im pregnant or not just bc i sneeze! I felt the same way about being allergic to pregnancy :haha:

I think its an off symptom and i wonder what causes it (the sneezing) i read up about the congestion and they call it "rhinities in pregnancy" its where estrogen causes mucus build up and the more bloow flow causes the stuffiness as well. They recommend using a couple pillows to elevate your head to sleep... but i hate sleeping with muplitple pillows... it causes my neck to cramp/strain!

I had heartburn again lastnight, grr... i notice its more aweful when i lay down, so i have to sit up and take antacid and then its good.

Wow Sonia, what great benefits compared to here in the U.S. That blows me away lol.

Gosh, I think they are quite bad! My old company used to pay full pay for 6 months, now most employers have dropped it because of the recession and just go with statutory maternity pay

I am really lucky, I work for the Civil Service and I get 6 months full pay, 3 months half pay and then the last three months should I choose to take them are no pay. I think I am definitely going to take the 9 months, but not sure we can manage without my wage. I feel very lucky.

I am scared to say it, but I think my MS may be waning! I still feel nauseous and a bit sick in the morning, but this weekend I have actually been able to function! I really hope this is the beginning of the end of the MS. I am so ready to be able to do stuff again.

I think me and hubby are really going to struggle with boys names. We agree on lots of female names. The ones we like at the moment are Amelia Anne (Anne is my middle name, my mum's middle name and was my grandma's name. I have always said since I was a little girl that if I had a daughter her middle name would be Anne too) and Rowan Peter (Peter is hubby's dad's name). We are keeping an open mind though and who knows what we will end up with in the end.

I cautiously want to think that sometimes ... then it usually smacks me in the face like a speeding train! ugh...I've been feeling pretty good but started going downhill tonight. I'm hoping it is just because I am tired and not that my next few days are going to be me sitting immobile with ms. I hope for you it is going away! I know how awful this stuff is. :hugs:

I love the names you picked!!

Yes, I think I was a bit premature in my celebrating. I hardly slept last night and I feel horrible today. Had to leave work at lunchtime cause I felt so rubbish. :-( Hopefully (for both of us) the fact that we feel better some days means that we are getting towards the end of the ms hell! :dance:

i will be working the entire time.. I do have it good though as I will be working from home.. :) I may have one night class to teach, but hubby will be home so I can go.. Wish i didnt have to work at all, but I will take what I can get.. We really cant go without my salary.. especially if we want little one to have a great life..

I woke up feeling amazingg!! NO MS AT ALL!!! which makes up for the last two days of hell.. my 12 week scan is in exactly one week I will be 12 +2.. soo excited! and nervous..

i will be working the entire time.. I do have it good though as I will be working from home.. :) I may have one night class to teach, but hubby will be home so I can go.. Wish i didnt have to work at all, but I will take what I can get.. We really cant go without my salary.. especially if we want little one to have a great life..

That is wonderful that you can work from home. I know how hard it is with one salary. But at the other end, if I went back out to work, I don't have a lot of work experience to get paid enough to even cover daycare costs. We looked into it and daycare actually costs more than our mortgage!! Ridiculous! I'm going back to school right now and that is hard enough with a little one ... lot of determination and focus. I know that it will give us a much better life after I do go back to work. I do think it is sad how much things have changed in the world. 50 years ago, one parent could stay home and now to live it seems like both have to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->