January Jellybeans 2013!...

Quick question ... do doctors test you every pregnancy for GD? I didn't have it with DD and I wish they would not make me drink that crap ... whenever the test is. lol! They haven't mentioned it yet so I don't know if it isn't time or if maybe I don't have to.

Quick question ... do doctors test you every pregnancy for GD? I didn't have it with DD and I wish they would not make me drink that crap ... whenever the test is. lol! They haven't mentioned it yet so I don't know if it isn't time or if maybe I don't have to.

everyone i know of has had to thus for gotten checked for GD

Happy 10 weeks, Little J! :happydance: 2 weeks until our next appt.! Have you heard baby via doppler? No luck here...

even if i didnt have diabetes.. i would still MAKE them test me for GD.. GD can lead to overweight babies and complications.. It is best to do it! NO MATTER WHAT! I am pretty sure though that they make you..

Happy 10 weeks, Little J! :happydance: 2 weeks until our next appt.! Have you heard baby via doppler? No luck here...

Yes i have!! the baby is REALLY low.... i have to place the probe right at the top where pubic hair would start to grow and angle it down a smidge. The HB isnt super loud so u have to try and listen close thru the speaker static but you can def. recognize the little trotting HB. My LO typically has one in the 140 BPM range. I always seem to find my own HB and arteries first. Its hard somtimes. I cant find LO at night time i noticed.... but when i get home from work i usually can.

What kind of doppler did u get?

I keep thinking to myself how awesome it is where we are now and where we started.... we were in the TTC blogs together and then u got your BFP and i got mine a couple days later! crazy!

Well ladies, to those who thought an early gestational diabetes test was useless... Sorry to say that's not so. I FAILED! :cry: My sugars and A1c at the beginning of my pregnancy were great, now, not so much. So they're sending me for the 3hr test not so sure what the point is, as I failed both last pregnancy and have already failed this one.. Maybe they need it in order to "diagnose" :shrug:

So now that I'm finally able to eat, my diet will be strict and bland. :growlmad:

The positives- More ultrasounds and an early induction. :thumbup:

So sorry snow! Sometimes I wish they would give GD people some insulin so they could eat what they wanted and didnt have to limit themselves.. I guess thats a plus to being Type 1.. Did they say what your a1c was? And the extra ultrasounds and early induction Id say are great positives! TEAM DIABETES WOO!:happydance: :haha:

even if i didnt have diabetes.. i would still MAKE them test me for GD.. GD can lead to overweight babies and complications.. It is best to do it! NO MATTER WHAT! I am pretty sure though that they make you..

Oh yes I know how important it is. I just dread drinking that stuff. Being forced to drink stuff usually leads to me wanting to puke. Especially when they want me to hurry and drink it. I think my last one was tropical punch flavored it was just so horribly sweet I almost couldn't stand it. I don't think they do the test here until 24-28 weeks which is why I haven't heard mention of it. It is good that they do that test. This time I am looking even less towards it because I already have DD ... so I will have to have her with me .. which means she will have to sit at the doctor with me for an hour and then some. Maybe DH can get a half day or something.

Yes i have!! the baby is REALLY low.... i have to place the probe right at the top where pubic hair would start to grow and angle it down a smidge. The HB isnt super loud so u have to try and listen close thru the speaker static but you can def. recognize the little trotting HB. My LO typically has one in the 140 BPM range. I always seem to find my own HB and arteries first. Its hard somtimes. I cant find LO at night time i noticed.... but when i get home from work i usually can.

I keep thinking to myself how awesome it is where we are now and where we started.... we were in the TTC blogs together and then u got your BFP and i got mine a couple days later! crazy!

Yes, its crazy good! :) Here we are double digit weeks! :) I've been trying every day since Wednesday. I'll try to angle it down. I have the Sololine B, like you do.

The normal test is at 24-28 weeks. They will order it, but if you don't want to do it I'm sure you could refuse. But if you did end up having it there could be serious problems if it wasn't treated. Sometimes you just get it, doesn't matter if you have had it before or not. :flower:

Is anyone having food struggles like this: sickness and food aversions ALONGSIDE hunger for certain things, then the hunger escalates, you eat quite a lot, and then you feel really sick!! Almost like a hangover! You feel sick but you gotta eat that junk food. Needless to say I was actually sick and now I feel like i've done some damage :nope: and I have my scan tomorrow. Next time that happens i'm just not going to eat.

Well ladies, to those who thought an early gestational diabetes test was useless... Sorry to say that's not so. I FAILED! :cry: My sugars and A1c at the beginning of my pregnancy were great, now, not so much. So they're sending me for the 3hr test not so sure what the point is, as I failed both last pregnancy and have already failed this one.. Maybe they need it in order to "diagnose" :shrug:

So now that I'm finally able to eat, my diet will be strict and bland. :growlmad:

The positives- More ultrasounds and an early induction. :thumbup:

So sorry snow! Sometimes I wish they would give GD people some insulin so they could eat what they wanted and didnt have to limit themselves.. I guess thats a plus to being Type 1.. Did they say what your a1c was? And the extra ultrasounds and early induction Id say are great positives! TEAM DIABETES WOO!:happydance: :haha:

When I first found out I was pregnant my A1c was 5.1 with the first blood work. They haven't done another A1c yet. And as bad as the diet restriction sucks I'd rather have diet control then have to use insulin. I hate needles.

ahhh yea i guess im just used to the needles.. im upwards to about 5-10 shots a day depending on how much i eat.. 5.1 is good! when i found out I was 8.5 and just recently it was 6.6 which for diabetics would like it to be 6.5 or less. so I am doing great according to my doctors!its still super frustrating though!

Yes, its crazy good! :) Here we are double digit weeks! :) I've been trying every day since Wednesday. I'll try to angle it down. I have the Sololine B, like you do.

mine is smack dab in the middle so its straight down from my belly button right above my pubic bone... i just rotate the prob in a circle and i put the speaker by my ear bc it is so faint but once you catch it u can hear it pretty well bc your tuned into waht your trying to listen to (dunno if thatll help or not) also i noticed a full bladder defo helped me! and i noticed LO doesnt like being found when im about to go to bed or at night time. I hope u can find it today!

UK ladies-I haven't got too much longer to wait for my first (12week) scan.....will I get to hear the heartbeat then? Or does that come at a later date?
I am starting to feel a little impatient and kind of wish I'd of gotten a Doppler, but I know I'd drive myself crazy if it didn't work so thought it best to just wait for my scan :)
I'm feeling a bit bleugh today....looking forward to hopefully feeling good in the second trimester :)

am i crazy that we bought newborn swaddlers already? I already asked the lady what her return policy was just in case we buy to many of one size etc.. she just told me to tape my receipt to the box and they will take it back for a full refund even after 90 days.. so.. i was happy about that... but hey, i had coupons, why not!? We just want to stock up and be ready :)

UK ladies-I haven't got too much longer to wait for my first (12week) scan.....will I get to hear the heartbeat then? Or does that come at a later date?
I am starting to feel a little impatient and kind of wish I'd of gotten a Doppler, but I know I'd drive myself crazy if it didn't work so thought it best to just wait for my scan :)
I'm feeling a bit bleugh today....looking forward to hopefully feeling good in the second trimester :)

my best friend is a nurse in the high risk pregnancy clinic and she scolded me for getting a doppler... she said they tell their patients to not get one bc it usually freaks women out more than help if they cant find the HB.

but i told her i went into buying it knowing this.... and i was able to find the HB so it def. helped me relax until my 12 week scan in 2 weeks.

my good friend who heard her babies HB at 7 weeks and at 9.5 weeks found out the baby had passed right after her scan, has finally had to take a pill to help her MC bc her body wasnt doing it naturally. She told me today that shes bleeding pretty bad with alot of clots.... poor thing :nope:

I love buying for baby! I've already bought a little blue fleece sleeper. I thought... Well girls can wear blue, also. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->