January Jellybeans 2013!...

I'll be a lemon tomorrow! DH and I were just talking yesterday about how boop was the size of a poppy seed only 10 weeks ago! Amazing! By this time with Tess, we had already learned about a problem, so it's scary/exciting to know we made it to 14 weeks without being told there's something wrong!

I have most large items from DD, I will need a new carseat/stroller for sure, then after I find out pink or blue I'll decide what else I need. I've bought a few neutral outfits lately and am getting anxious for my u/s.. Just 20 more days.. :thumbup:

I have most large items from DD, I will need a new carseat/stroller for sure, then after I find out pink or blue I'll decide what else I need. I've bought a few neutral outfits lately and am getting anxious for my u/s.. Just 20 more days.. :thumbup:

Me and dh are arguing about prams. We still have the one from ds and to be fair, it's almost immaculate. But it's too big, I want something like a quinny, where the car seat can go directly onto the frame. Ours clicks into th pram, so its really big. Dh thinks its a waste of money, and we can spend the money on other stuff. We have everything else from ds, do it would be nice to get this baby something that's not handed down. And my old one is black with blue in it. What if this one is a girl?

Melly, I felt the same way about boop. We have absolutely NOTHING from when the boys were babies (we thought we were done) and will have to get everything again, but I don't want it ALL to be preused things from the consignment shop or craigslist. I want this baby to have some new things too...

I've been thinking about that a lot lately. If this baby is another girl I won't "need" anything, but I kind of feel like the new baby deserves its own new things. I try to stay out of the baby section of stores because I tend to buy especially clothes, even if they're not needed. I have plenty of clothes that dd never had a chance to wear. :haha:

Dh just laughs at me and says it will have it's own new things, nappies! I'm going on the if I nag him enough he'll cave in approach!

We thought we were done with DD so every time a friend of family member announced a pregnancy, we boxed up stuff and sent it away. I kept things like her first outfit and first pair of shoes and no one needed a boppy pillow so I still have that but we even got rid of all the furniture so we have to start over. I don't really mind too much because with DD we got mostly used things. We also bought whatever was the cheapest and not necessarily what we wanted. While I don't think we should spend a fortune this go around, it will be nice to shop and buy what we like the best.

Hahahaha, I had a dream that hubby wanted a divorce, so when I woke up I pinched him. Hahahaha. There are times when I don't want him holding me because I feel bloated or fighting heartburn or yuckyness haha, he has told me a couple of times that I don't like kissing as much, but it's because of the same thing. but we are generally very sweet with each other. He is a very physical person that likes to hold my hand or hold me.

Sassy- will u be having a baby shower? I didn't want one this time around but mil is insisting when I fly home the end of the month. I told her I can only bring so much home with me on the plane so I'm hoping it's mostly clothes and gift cards?!?

i am constantly worrying over the smallest things too!
awe your poor hubby, did you apologize??
i tore my HTB's head off last night over him not putting a new roll of TP on the roller thing, uggh!! i wouldve never gotten so angry over it before! LOL:wacko:
Poor hubby got the brunt of my hormones yesterday. I had to phone up about our home insurance renewal and then when I hung up I was worried about something the guy had said. When hubby suggested I phone back if it was worrying me (the logical thing to do) I totally bit his head off. Poor guy, he has the patience of a saint. :) does anybody else find they are worrying about stupid things that wouldn't normally bother them?

I apologised straight away. As soon as the words were out my mouth I knew I was being unreasonable. Poor guy! Luckily he put it down to crazy old hormones.

I'm a peach tomorrow! :happydance: if this baby is a boy, we're definitely gonna have to buy some new things for him. :haha: we were given ablit when we told people about us being pregnant with DD, but my mom took a lot of stuff to the thrift stores and good will and we got rid of a lot of stuff when we moved:dohh: least we have a few nuetral outfits left

Sassy- will u be having a baby shower? I didn't want one this time around but mil is insisting when I fly home the end of the month. I told her I can only bring so much home with me on the plane so I'm hoping it's mostly clothes and gift cards?!?

Yes - Most likely 2 of them! :haha: One with my inlaws and one with my family and friends.

Yea it is hard to take a lot on a plane and it gets expensive if you go over the weight limit! You could also have her ship stuff back to you so it doesn't cost any extra with baggage.

I'd love to have a baby shower with this baby. I didn't get to have one with my daughter.

I'd love to have a baby shower with this baby. I didn't get to have one with my daughter.

Oh you definitely need to have one then! I think they are fun. We usually do co-ed baby showers. I've been to girl only baby showers and those can be fun too. It's a lot of fun if you do co-ed and get the guys in on games. Then it usually gets hilarious!

Hi ladies!

Yeah I'm a lemon! Can't believe in 6 weeks time I'll be half way! Blimey, that's a little scary!

Had a following up meeting with my boss today re maternity and returning to work and it went well! She still needs to get the proposal through our board members but doesn't think that will be a problem as they've already said they'd prefer me to go part time than not come back at all. So I plan on going part time, half from home and half in office but with flexi option. Pro rota my salary down to the hours I drop would mean I'd take an £8k pay cut but she was like no way, your worth more than that part time! Let's just call it £5k! :) still got to get approval but fingers crossed!

Ah use my Doppler tonight, was alone and HB was 138, DH came in room and started talking and it shot to 165, coincidence?

Going to head back to GP tomorrow as still not shifted this uti and it's given me grief now!

Lovely scans ladies!

Sassy - we've brought a nursery set which is a cot, cot topper and draw underneath, was window shopping and DH couldn't resist! Posted a pic a few days ago.

Hope everyone is well x

Oh you definitely need to have one then! I think they are fun. We usually do co-ed baby showers. I've been to girl only baby showers and those can be fun too. It's a lot of fun if you do co-ed and get the guys in on games. Then it usually gets hilarious!

If I do have one, it will most likely be the ladies from the church we've been going to since we moved out here, who will be putting it together. And it'll most likely be a girls only, lol. But I remember my cousin's baby shower and I believe it was co-ed. It was a lot of fun!

Hi ladies!

Yeah I'm a lemon! Can't believe in 6 weeks time I'll be half way! Blimey, that's a little scary!

Had a following up meeting with my boss today re maternity and returning to work and it went well! She still needs to get the proposal through our board members but doesn't think that will be a problem as they've already said they'd prefer me to go part time than not come back at all. So I plan on going part time, half from home and half in office but with flexi option. Pro rota my salary down to the hours I drop would mean I'd take an £8k pay cut but she was like no way, your worth more than that part time! Let's just call it £5k! :) still got to get approval but fingers crossed!

Ah use my Doppler tonight, was alone and HB was 138, DH came in room and started talking and it shot to 165, coincidence?

Going to head back to GP tomorrow as still not shifted this uti and it's given me grief now!

Lovely scans ladies!

Sassy - we've brought a nursery set which is a cot, cot topper and draw underneath, was window shopping and DH couldn't resist! Posted a pic a few days ago.

Hope everyone is well x

Congrats on your lemon!!!!

I hope my baby shower is less awkward than the bridal shower I had here in the US (I had one thrown by my mom back in Guatemala which was lots of fun before I flew up here). I was new to the country and to the family. Didn't know a single soul other than my MIL, my sister in law couldn't even make it because one of the kids had a ball game. They all knew my MIL but not the bride to be. Haha, so I was shy and quiet. But now, I know them all... I don't know for sure if I'll get one or when, but MIL did mention that we shouldn't buy a lot of things because her sisters in law (hubby's aunts) liked to buy baby stuff... So I guess I will have some sort of baby shower along the way.

Showers are sooooo fun! We had a breakfast at tiffanys themed bridal shower and for the baby shower were having a sugar and spice theme if its a girl.. For a boy we havnt thought about it yet :). I just took a 3 hr nap and still feel exhausted :/

https://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz86/Lani0212/Snapbucket/AC39F784-orig.jpg Turns out me and DH are having identical twins! Measuring 13+6 today and will probably give birth in December!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->