January Jellybeans 2013!...

oooh the new scan pics are just amazing!!!!!

my scan is next week and I am scared as hell!!!

Little J - are you still finding the heatbeat low? I find that the baby must be moving a ton because it will go from really strong to light then back to strong. and i don't always find it in the same place.

as for sickness.......oh i hope the second tri is good to me.....i was terribly sick all weekend and tired!

i hope you girls get some releif soon!

yes, the baby is still low, i always set the probe right in the middle above my pubic bone and i find it in a snap! I used to have a point the probe down at an angle but now i point up a tad, so i can tell he is starting to move up. very strong HB sound now tho. LO cooperates pretty well, usually doenst move a ton once iv found him.

I am coniplating about going for a early private gender scan thru a place that offers them and 3D scans... its only $60 and i can go at 16 weeks. SOOO tempting! Hubby really wants to know the gender asap as well... apparently 1 extra month is too long for us! haha but were still debating.

We are also thinking about the 3D/4D us as well. Its $130 for the package which allows a 30 min. session, CD, DVD, 5 B/W pics and 4 color laser pics. Along with a 20 min make-up session if the baby doesnt cooperate the first time. Other family members can come in as well and watch. I just think those things are so cool! BUT, we are still debating as we still want somewhat of a suprise when the baby is born, but its just so hard to pass up for an opportunity!

Nick- nice scan! little booger wouldnt stay still! haha atleast youve got an active one!

nikki- your scan looks like my last one!!! Wiggly baby! Glad everything is good!!!

So DD and I just finished putting together the bassinet. I thought I would upload pictures for you ladies to see. :happydance:

Attachments

• 100_4385.jpg
    100_4385.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_4386.jpg
    100_4386.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_4387.jpg
    100_4387.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
sassy- thats so cute!!!

Oh, i forgot to mention.... when hubby and i went to garage sales... there was a family that we got baby clothes from that had a full crib set (sheets, quilt, bumpers etc) for $5! and it was whinney the pooh themed!! They said their son barely used the crib bc he slept in his pack-n-play most of the time. Hubby originally wanted a animal/jungle theme crib set, but those are about $160-$200 and we couldnt believe this set was only $5! So we got it.... whinney the pooh is neutral (and if we decide not go to with it we can sell it for $10! and thats still a good deal!)

Hubby and i went to stores to check out bab furniture as well and i cant believe how expensive cribs are, car seats and everything else.... man oh man. I hope we get some of this stuff as gifts for the shower!!

Have any of you ladies tried this?

https://planning.thebump.com/baby-morpher/

You put a picture of you and your DH and it shows you what your baby could look like!! HAHAHA I tried both boy and girl and it was fun!

Sassy did any of them look like your DD? :D

haha nope! Or us for that matter. The baby kept having brown eyes. I have blue and DH has green! LOL! The first pictures I used weren't great ones and the kids looked a little like aliens. HAHAHAHAHA

My DD is the spitting image of me. People think it is kind of scary how much she looks like me. So we are hoping DH gets a little more credit with this one! HAHA!

I tried it and it was awful! Very alien looking child. I've tried morphthing before and it was MUCH better.

We were finally able to hear baby's heartbeat yesterday with doppler!!!!
We shot a video of it for baby's grandparents.
If you want to see here it goes:
https://youtu.be/bLJzV4fSuew

You can sometimes hear my heartbeat in the background. In the end I couldn't stop laughing because hubby said that Ok, I could stop squishing the baby now. LOL

Baby was right in the middle of my tummy just a little under belly button. I actually had to talk to baby and wiggle tummy before we could find it after looking for it for around 5 minutes hahaha. After our little talk baby decided to amuse daddy and mommy. Hahaha.

You can sometimes hear my heartbeat in the background. In the end I couldn't stop laughing because hubby said that Ok, I could stop squishing the baby now. LOL

Baby was right in the middle of my tummy just a little under belly button. I actually had to talk to baby and wiggle tummy before we could find it after looking for it for around 5 minutes hahaha. After our little talk baby decided to amuse daddy and mommy. Hahaha.

Yay congratulations! It's amazing isn't it!

Ur baby must be really high up already if it's just below belly button. Mine is still near my pubic bone

Yay congratulations! It's amazing isn't it!

Ur baby must be really high up already if it's just below belly button. Mine is still near my pubic bone

Yes, it's amazing. I'm super excited that at least I know that I can hear baby at least once a week. Yeah, baby is high in tummy already, even at ultrasound a week ago they found baby up high too.

So despite waking up with a migraine and losing my breakfast this morning, I got some good news!!!

My blood test came back. There is a greater than 99.9% chance that the baby doesn't have Down Syndrome. A greater than 99.1% chance that the baby doesn't have Trisomy 18 and a greater than 99.9% chance that the baby doesn't have Trisomy 13!!!! I cried on the phone with the genetic counselor.

Within a few weeks, I'll have a blood test to check for spina bifida and then an ultrasound at the hospital.

So despite waking up with a migraine and losing my breakfast this morning, I got some good news!!!

My blood test came back. There is a greater than 99.9% chance that the baby doesn't have Down Syndrome. A greater than 99.1% chance that the baby doesn't have Trisomy 18 and a greater than 99.9% chance that the baby doesn't have Trisomy 13!!!! I cried on the phone with the genetic counselor.

Within a few weeks, I'll have a blood test to check for spina bifida and then an ultrasound at the hospital.

great news! congrats!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Aw! That's so awesome, DeeDee! Love the video!

Ducky- that is great news!

That's awesome! Great news. :happydance:

Did everyone do genetic testing? I declined all genetic testing. Personal choice and no issue with other people doing the testing, it just wouldn't have made a difference in my pregnancy.

TO be honest.. I didnt do the testing to find out if baby had downs or anything because I personally would have the baby anyway, but most people just do it for the extra ultrasound to see bean :) I was not upset today that they couldnt do measurements because its not really what I cared about. I was just happy to see bean happy and bouncing around in there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->