January Jellybeans 2013!...

So i have been thinking long and hard about my next Dr. apt. They said that is the time where i have the choice to do the syndrome pre-screen. I am up in the air on doing it, as by the time the results come in we have the anatomy scan a couple weeks afterwards which would confirm anything correct? So i guess im thinking "whats the point" of doing it at 16 weeks and worrying myself when it wont be confirmed until the 20 week anatomy scan?

How many of you ladies got this done?

I had a friend who got this done and only had a 2% higher risk of having a baby with Downs, and at her 20 week scan they found out the baby actualy had DOwns. How can that happen if they only had a 2% higher chance.... it just seems wierd to me

Not sure how your screening works in the US. Here most people get the results of their screening test before 14 weeks & it is expressed as a one in however many chance. If for example it's 1 in 4000, it still means that 1 in 4000 women with that result would be likely to have a child with downs. I guess if your friend was deemed as low risk, she was unfortunately that unlucky one. Low risk doesn't equate to no risk.

On the documents I was given regarding my 20wk scan it says that downs syndrome cannot be diagnosed at the scan, they can only find markers which would give an indication of whether downs syndrome is present. As I understand it, the only way to get a definite diagnosis is with an amnio or similar test, but obviously this carries a small risk of miscarriage.

Hopefully someone will be able to advise you more specifically on the procedures where you are. I think it's a difficult choice. I had the screening that was available, but know others that decided not to. Also have friends who were identified as high risk, had lots of worry & went for an amnio and all was fine! xxx

Congrats to all the new fruits! I'm finally not an onion anymore! :rofl:

I think so, I feel boop under my belly button pretty much every time. But when looking for the hb, I find it either next to my belly button or just above, so I think the movement being low is normal. Does anyone know when you can start feeling it outside? I can't wait for DH and the boys to be able to feel!

Dh felt ours move for the first time this week, and I have felt 2 proper little kicks this week too, so hopefully you will start having yours too really soon!

Usually they say a couple weeks after u feel it urself.... I've been feeling a bit for a few weeks now and normally only a tiny bit, the other night was a LOT of movement and my mom felt it... I was 16 +3 and she told me when she felt it, which I had JUST felt it too! Hasn't been like that since.... maybe again soon as DH REALLY wants to feel it.

Hopefully I will start to feel some movements soon!

My belly seems to have popped in the last two days, we share an office with another company and a few of the ladies there asked my yesterday if I was expecting, so guess it must be getting obvious. I think it is mainly just fluff though to be honest, just a slightly rounded shape to it. It's taken me quite a lot to post the piccie below, just self-concious I guess x

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 16
Is anybody else still not having much movement? I'm now 18+2 and I know they say for larger ladies it can sometimes be later on but I've felt nothing really ?

Me!! I'm so jealous of other mommies feeling LO, I haven't felt anything really. I get some pressure and stretching, but no movement :nope:

Cute bump pic!!

LittleJ - I'm in the US and got the genetic testing. I had 2 blood samples drawn ... one at 12 weeks and one at 16 weeks. They will give me the results at my 20 week appt. They are also doing the ultrasound then to give us the gender and do all the checks they need to. I didn't worry about mine at all. Actually I haven't really thought about it much. They told me mine would cost quite a bit but after my insurance took what they do, I only had to pay $20. It is totally up to you whether you want them or not. I just got them just to make sure everything was ok. It didn't hurt me or the baby so my thoughts were why not.

Is anybody else still not having much movement? I'm now 18+2 and I know they say for larger ladies it can sometimes be later on but I've felt nothing really ?

Me, Sonia. I felt one or twice during these weeks, but nothing like the other ladies describe, at all. So no worries, we will get there even if it's later. :hugs:

My belly seems to have popped in the last two days, we share an office with another company and a few of the ladies there asked my yesterday if I was expecting, so guess it must be getting obvious. I think it is mainly just fluff though to be honest, just a slightly rounded shape to it. It's taken me quite a lot to post the piccie below, just self-concious I guess x

I love the bump!!!! But I also love the dress and leggings!!

Me!! I'm so jealous of other mommies feeling LO, I haven't felt anything really. I get some pressure and stretching, but no movement :nope:

SNAP! We're not alone x

Questionable bubbles at this point but it's still early and this is my first.

Ok, something happened to me last night. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I felt my whole mouth hurting. I could feel every tooth in my mouth hurting and even my jaw. It was so bizarre to be in the middle of the night sitting on the bed touching my mouth for like an hour, kinda funny too. I've noticed that my gums are swollen and when I brush my teeth I bleed a little, so I'm thinking that that swollen in my mouth made me feel everything or moved something or was trying to. I don't know, but after that I fell asleep again and woke up a lot better. I've been reading today that pregnancy can do that to your gums... grrr pregnancy, why don't they just say: "Your body won't be what you know as your body for the next almost 10 months. "

Also, I have my doctors appointment today and I feel like a girl about to go on her first day of school. Weird, doctors make me nervous.

I love the bump!!!! But I also love the dress and leggings!!

Thanks hun x

Don't worry ladies, you'll feel baby soon, maybe you are having calm, mellow babies :) I had a friend who had one super active baby and one who only moved one time a day, their personalities now are so different! One is hyper and mischievous and the other makes nothing bother him at all, content no matter what.

In any case I was wondering about the movement too cause I wasn't feeling anything, and then suddenly there it was, from no movement to crazy movement the next day, I was like how could I not feel all of this even yesterday?

SNAP! We're not alone x

Questionable bubbles at this point but it's still early and this is my first.

Definitely more reassuring that I'm not the only one ;)

morning girls!

sonia - nice pic!

jrowe- just wait til the baby gets huge and your stomach is contorted from the baby moving.......its weird but cool.......but baby up in the ribs is not so fun!

deedee - are you getting a scan??

afm - i was so super sick last night.......eh.....tired of ms!!!!

Ur bump is so cute :)

Sonia, that's a def bump not fluff! And I love your wallpaper!

Sonia- dont be ashamed of that bump! its cute!!! if i saw you walking down the street for sure id think your preggers!! thats a total preggers belly :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->