January Jellybeans 2013!...

I've had an idea, do you girls think it will work or not?

Dh is desperate to find out sex but I want the surprise. He will be coming with me to 20 week scan, but I also have another one at 30 weeks, to check if I can try for a vbac or not. He probably wont go to that one though. So I thought I might ask the sonographer to write the sex on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Its dhs b'day 3 weeks before edd and thought I could either give it him for a prezzy or give it to him xmas day. That way he doesn't have too long to keep it secret.

What do you think?

Dh is desperate to find out sex but I want the surprise. He will be coming with me to 20 week scan, but I also have another one at 30 weeks, to check if I can try for a vbac or not. He probably wont go to that one though. So I thought I might ask the sonographer to write the sex on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Its dhs b'day 3 weeks before edd and thought I could either give it him for a prezzy or give it to him xmas day. That way he doesn't have too long to keep it secret.

What do you think?

If it works for you then do it! Would you be okay if he slipped up and revealed the sex? That's the only way I would make that choice. If you REALLY don't want to know and will be disappointed if he said he/she accidentally, then I wouldn't do it.

Personally, I wouldn't want my DH to know when I didn't.

A week from today we'll know which team we're on, can't wait!

Also, has anyone here heard of or tried Elimination Communication?

on the diet front i'm glad that i've only gained 2kgs since falling pregnant

:blush: Yes, it is I! lol The plans are going well, been diving headfirst into more reading. It's a good thing I love to read anyway! Also been putting together orders for most of the things I will need and don't have left over from when my daughter was born. I've also been reading a lot about herbs and herbal combinations to stop excessive bleeding and aid in clotting after delivery. Also herbal combinations I can take while pregnant to aid in the same things, as well as keep up with my diet. It's been hard as I am now living as a vegetarian and it's hard for me to remember everything I need to eat for protein.

I've been checking JB's heartbeat every other day or couple of days, as I have been feeling more movements. BPM is usually between 135-160 and really super strong. I feel like my my bump hasn't really grown much this week, lol! (I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow) I have my emergency plan thought out, just need to write it down. The hospital here is the same distance as the hospital where I ended up having my daughter. Just wish my mom still had the same car she did back then. (she had a chevy suburban and now has a smaller car) I will post more about my plans here and in my journal... whenever I get around to updating it!!!

I could a few weeks ago, my jeans we just getting super tight but could still button them. Now I can barely get the button near the buttonhole!!! :haha:

oh of course i forgot that you'll have to have supplies and things. lol. Are you doing anything special with the placenta? i know women in hospital births sometimes do as well so i'm not saying it's a home birth thing but i seem to see it written more often when associated with homebirths. I've seen kits and things for the placenta after birth, i just have no idea what's in the kit.

i'm so scared of homebirths that it makes me relax that little bit to know you have a good emergency plan in place.

I should be more keen into my vitamins, i was really good with Eva's pregnancy. I heard taking EPO and inserting it vaginally and reduce the second stage of labour and so i started doing that and forgot after only like 3 days but my second stage was only 20mins so looks like i didn't need it anyway.

I'm a vegetarian so just eat lots of beans for protein, make curries and stir fries and instead of eating meat if you don't feel like meat put beans in there, eat beans in your salads and eat some tofu too. But i wouldn't stress too much about protein as protein is kind of in everything and being deficient in protein is crazy crazy rare, people in developing countries aren't even protein deficient.
Thanks for ths tips, Betheney! I was kinda thrust into being vegetarian, so i am still adjusting. DH and i are planning to bury ths placenta and plant a tree over it. I would have loved to do the same with Rayven's but they didn't really give me much of a chance to say i wanted it at the hospital.

A week from today we'll know which team we're on, can't wait!

Also, has anyone here heard of or tried Elimination Communication?

I have! I tried with my daughter but wasn't consistent enough. I have a book on it and everything! Its called infant potty training, i got it on amazon for a pretty good price!

Melly- thats a cute idea :) But secrets like that never works, so you have to go into it knowing you may find out the sex. So if your ok with that then go for it!

I know I'm a little late to respond to this, but my husband has been able to feel baby move on the outside for probably a week or a week and a half now.

On a different note, 18 weeks! Woohooo! I'm a sweet potato!

What do you think?

That depends on your husband, my husband can't keep a secret from me, good or bad. Everything shows on his face, so I know if he's lying. But if your husband can see it and not say anything, than give it a try.

Today I did not have any nausea. None. Not one bit. And I ate. I developed an aversion to my sandwich half way through but I didn't feel sick!

AND...

I cleaned the house, did some painting, even had out the miter saw and the nail gun for some mantle pretty-fying! Hopefully I don't pay the price tomorrow but I am full of energy. The unpregnant me used to be able to work on house projects 12 hrs at a time. The pregnant me...not so much. But now I am much more hopeful that I will get all the projects done I want to before beaner comes!

Dittybthats awesome! I recently have been feeling the same way and have gone a few days without a nap! But i wont lie by the time 8 pm rolls around im a total crab ass and need to go to bed asap... Thats only on days i havent been taking naps tho :)

So i have been thinking long and hard about my next Dr. apt. They said that is the time where i have the choice to do the syndrome pre-screen. I am up in the air on doing it, as by the time the results come in we have the anatomy scan a couple weeks afterwards which would confirm anything correct? So i guess im thinking "whats the point" of doing it at 16 weeks and worrying myself when it wont be confirmed until the 20 week anatomy scan?

How many of you ladies got this done?

I had a friend who got this done and only had a 2% higher risk of having a baby with Downs, and at her 20 week scan they found out the baby actualy had DOwns. How can that happen if they only had a 2% higher chance.... it just seems wierd to me

They do the tests earlier here, I had it done. Its not 100% but gives indicators if further testing is required

Dittybthats awesome! I recently have been feeling the same way and have gone a few days without a nap! But i wont lie by the time 8 pm rolls around im a total crab ass and need to go to bed asap... Thats only on days i havent been taking naps tho :)

It feels so refreshing to be productive after 4 months of being glued to the couch!

It's wonderful to pass those tired days, people can't even understand what it feels like - I say like a zombie - or pulled an all nighter and stayed up until complete exhaustion and it's still there after sleeping....
Glad to be done that part for sure!

Ok, something happened to me last night. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I felt my whole mouth hurting. I could feel every tooth in my mouth hurting and even my jaw. It was so bizarre to be in the middle of the night sitting on the bed touching my mouth for like an hour, kinda funny too. I've noticed that my gums are swollen and when I brush my teeth I bleed a little, so I'm thinking that that swollen in my mouth made me feel everything or moved something or was trying to. I don't know, but after that I fell asleep again and woke up a lot better. I've been reading today that pregnancy can do that to your gums... grrr pregnancy, why don't they just say: "Your body won't be what you know as your body for the next almost 10 months. "

Here in the UK we get free dental treatment during pregnancy and for 12 months after for this exact reason lol. Ive had to swap my normal medium toothbrush for a soft one but my gums still bleed when I brush or eat an apple :( and often feel 'weird' and hurty. Its very common to develope gum disease in pregnancy so make sure you use a good mouthwash etc and have regular checkups x

Well I'm back! Didn't get an ultrasound but Dr. was in a very good mood haha, he said he wouldn't want me to wait 5 weeks to know what baby is so I'm going in the 20 of August. Yay!!

He said everything is fine, all my tests went just fine. We heard babies HB on doppler haha.
I've gained 1 pound in a month, but I had my shoes on haha.

I came across this website today and just wanted to share for anyone looking for some great breastfeeding advice. This is exactly what I was looking for as I struggled with DD and I really want to give it my all and be really educated this go around!

https://www.thealphaparent.com/2011/12/timeline-of-breastfed-baby.html

I'm so exhausted and dh doesn't help with wanto g to bd at Least 3 times a day sorry for the tmi :)

I'm so exhausted and dh doesn't help with wanto g to bd at Least 3 times a day sorry for the tmi :)

3 TIMES A DAY?!?!?! :o !

If hubby wanted to 3 times a week I'd be: "Hold your horses there, and get creative with yourself!" LOL!!!!!!!

Lol I wish he get so grumpy and I get so tired but it's better than dealing with a cranky person all day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->