January Jellybeans 2013!...

I bought this book last night and wanted to share it with you ladies. I'm not sure if it can be purchased on other e-reader devices (I'm sure they have it for others besides the nook) but I absolutely love it. I've been looking for a good breastfeeding book with real and non-judgmental advice. There are videos that help show you how the baby should be properly latched on and how to recognize that they are actually drinking and not just sucking. This is something I was never shown in the hospital or told by any lactation consultant. I never knew there was a difference!! It also has sections that cover bottle and breast feeding together and a big section on just formula feeding. It talks about all the different kinds and how to pick the best one. I also love that it says in the book that NO woman should be judged based on how she decides to feed her baby and there goal is to give all the information anyone would need and never make any mom feel less. I also love that it has stories from real moms and their stories successful and not. It was only $5! I will be reading it a lot and I already think this is going to help me tons!!!

Here is the link to the book from where I purchased it.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/breastfeeding-melissa-macdonald/1104579380?ean=2940013157989

Lol I wish he get so grumpy and I get so tired but it's better than dealing with a cranky person all day lol

If he was my hubby I'd be having serious words. This is a time when he should be more understanding and not sulking like s grumpy teenager lol. Seriously, what will it be lik after baby is here and your shattered and have been up in the night with baby?

We are completed opposite ends of the pole. My dh hasn't come near me for 18 weeks!

This is his first and me I've had two boys with a previous relationship of 15 years all I have to say I hope he's ready I tell him all the time u will want more sleep than sex when baby comes lol

My hubby is amazing at the moment. We've probably bd'd 4 / 5 times since falling and they've all been since 13 weeks. I couldn't do with 3 times a day, I'd be having words too

For some reason since falling pregnant sex has been amazing!!! and all i do all night is dream about sex, this is so different from my last pregnancy where i wanted none of it but i even told hubby the other night that we should be pregnant all the time because preggo sex is damn good!!! lol

That's true sometimes I'm good with 2 but sometimes the 3 is good just wish I wasn't so tired

Btw I just wanted to add in that yes 3 times a day is alot for some even me at times but dh has been really great he cooks and cleans for me tells me he's loves me over 20 times a day so life can b worse but I love him and we really have a good relationship did t want it to seem like we didn't :)

I was reading one of my pregnancy books last night and I was reading about how, in some cases, struggling to find the heartbeat with the doppler and not feeling a whole lot of movement is a sign that the placenta attached in the front instead of closer to the spine. Its not a big deal and won't do any kind of harm whatsoever to the baby, but it does mean you'd have limited abilities with feeling the baby move, especially now, and would struggle to find the heart beat at times. I don't know if this is the case for any of you ladies, just thought I'd share.

I always get sick once while pregnant and it really sucks hope it's not that bad if u do have one

I've had a stinking cold for the past 3 days. Fed up of it now and I can't breathe properly when I go to bed.

Got my scan in about 10 days. Dh and ds are now ganging up on me to find out what it is. Aaargh, I must not give in!!!!!

Ahh... Melly that is cute! I don't blame DH. I definitley couldn't wait, but then again neither could my DH.

I feel like we'll always want to know. It makes 2 very special days... the day our family found out... and the babies birthday which is a dream no matter what. :)

Ladies: I've been reading "The Complete Book of Breastfeeding". It is super good and I've learned so much!

I love waiting to find out! Its so much fun and its so much better than christmas to hear for the first time after so many long months! :blush: guess i'm just weird like that

You know though.. I always wondered if the scan was wrong with DD. It wasn't but, the first thing I heard DH say was "It's a Girl." :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Such a huge amount of great advice on the thread this last week - thanks ladies! I'm hoping to breastfeed, but if I have to go back on medication for my hyperthyroid then it will be a little harder.

Brownie, huge congrats, another beautiful boy to add to the list!

Sonia, such a great bump pic, thanks so much for sharing. You can take great comfort in that lovely belly, I have no real belly and dont think I have felt any movement yet!

Melly, good luck with your decision, stay strong :)

Lots of love ladies :hugs::hugs: xxxxx

I want to know and I want to know so bad. Haha, I'm super super super bad at suspense. You can't tell me: "I have something to tell you, but I'll tell you later..." That just kills me, I obsess over things. Haha.

Hey ladies. I've been reading throughout the day. I'm feeling extra exhausted today. I made a pile of enchiladas and no bake cookies and have cleaned off and on and am ready to be sitting doing absolutely nothing. I wanted to say that for the past few days I have felt small bumps here and there. :happydance: Finally feeling Tiny!! That makes me so happy. I know someone posted earlier about the baby bumping so low; mine does the same. I feel the bumps right under my baby bump. It feels like it is WAY down there. :haha:

I was thinking of soaking in the tub tonight but I am so tired, I might fall asleep in the water! :haha: So perhaps just a warm shower and snuggle down in bed.

We are now 11 days away from our gender scan!!! I cannot wait. I will try not to take too long after my scan but I know my mom and I will be doing a little shopping. The first thing I will be doing when I get home is coming to update you ladies. I am so excited!!!

11 days...i wish! Hahah. Mines a month awayyyy! Kills me... We all wanna know already! I have an appntment monday so hopefully get to hear the heartbeat at least!

I love waiting to find out! Its so much fun and its so much better than christmas to hear for the first time after so many long months! :blush: guess i'm just weird like that

I LOVE being team yellow!!! It's so much fun wondering and waiting for months and months. It's not as difficult as most of you think though. Because you've chosen to get gender scans you are really focused on that and so can't imagine not finding out. I always thought we'd find out with our first and when i asked my husband he said "no!" there was no argument and no whinging on my part i just thought "oh ok we wont find out then" and then didn't really think of the sex much more than that because it just wasn't an option. It's when finding out is an option that it drives you mad.

There was a bit of a mad rush when she was born and so she was stuck on my chest face down wrapped in a towel and i couldn't see the sex and i remember looking at her face thinking "you don't really look like a boy or a girl... just like a baby... are you a boy or a girl" then they whisked her off to get her oxygen and i asked my hubby to please go over and tell me if baby was a boy or a girl and he looked at me shocked and said "oh yeah i forgot all about that" and he walked over and i was watching his face and he just suddenly grinned from ear to ear and then looked back at me and said "it's a little girl" i could just see the happiness on his face that he got a baby girl and i was in total shock that it was a girl, i was so sure i was carrying a boy and it was a really lovely moment of excitement.

I just think at least one baby has to be a surprise and i know if i had 2 of the same sex i would find out for the 3rd so it made the best sense to make the first one a surprise. Now this time around i'm happy for another surprise.

I think no matter what when you find out its special. Most of us wait about 5 months to know regardless. I have found that finding out day leaves me exhausted... It's super emotional and both times I've cried.

I'm definitley one though that couldn't wait. I just had to know. I think its amazing when one parent finds out and the other doesn't. I couldn't handle that even more.

oh there's definitly pros and cons for both decisions!

I've heard that you're so exhausted and out of it in labour it's nicer to experience the surprise with a clear head (at the scan) which i think could be true for some people.

I also think it matters if you wanted a boy or a girl or were unphased, that can change the dynamics a bit. If i had 2 boys and i wanted a girl i would 100% find out.

I just wanted at least one surprise sex but after being team yellow with Eva i wanted team yellow again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->