January Jellybeans 2013!...

I'm glad so many other people enjoy that skeleton shirt! It makes me laugh everything I look at it!

I spent the weekend with family in Gettysburg and we went into the visitor center and decided to see the movie they show. It gives te history of the battle and includes some really loud cannon and gun shots. Right after a particularly loud one I felt a tap tap tap tap tap! From baby!! It was like baby was telling us to keep it down out there. So funny and the most distinct movement I have had!!

Deedee- wrist pain is the worst. I have carpal tunnel from a previous job in a bakery decorating cakes. Lately my hands have been falling asleep easily in my sleep and today I was knitting and my left hand hurt so bad and then got pins and needles. It is so annoying and I know it will only get worse! Pretty soon I will break out the wrist braces to sleep in. I also spent today outside in the heat for part of the afternoon and my hands swelled up so bad it hurt to close them into fists!! :(

I love waiting to find out! Its so much fun and its so much better than christmas to hear for the first time after so many long months! :blush: guess i'm just weird like that

I LOVE being team yellow!!! It's so much fun wondering and waiting for months and months. It's not as difficult as most of you think though. Because you've chosen to get gender scans you are really focused on that and so can't imagine not finding out. I always thought we'd find out with our first and when i asked my husband he said "no!" there was no argument and no whinging on my part i just thought "oh ok we wont find out then" and then didn't really think of the sex much more than that because it just wasn't an option. It's when finding out is an option that it drives you mad.

There was a bit of a mad rush when she was born and so she was stuck on my chest face down wrapped in a towel and i couldn't see the sex and i remember looking at her face thinking "you don't really look like a boy or a girl... just like a baby... are you a boy or a girl" then they whisked her off to get her oxygen and i asked my hubby to please go over and tell me if baby was a boy or a girl and he looked at me shocked and said "oh yeah i forgot all about that" and he walked over and i was watching his face and he just suddenly grinned from ear to ear and then looked back at me and said "it's a little girl" i could just see the happiness on his face that he got a baby girl and i was in total shock that it was a girl, i was so sure i was carrying a boy and it was a really lovely moment of excitement.

I just think at least one baby has to be a surprise and i know if i had 2 of the same sex i would find out for the 3rd so it made the best sense to make the first one a surprise. Now this time around i'm happy for another surprise.

Oh I know exactly what you mean!!!! I'll never forget hearing my hubby tell me we had a baby girl! Of course he was so excited he was watching as the doc caught her, so he was telling me first thing! I had wanted her to be a boy since that's how I'd always wanted it.. an older brother to look out for little sister. But I thank God everyday for my beautiful little girl! I've always liked surprises.. Good ones anyway, so I guess that's why I love being team :yellow: so much!

I think no matter what when you find out its special. Most of us wait about 5 months to know regardless. I have found that finding out day leaves me exhausted... It's super emotional and both times I've cried.

I'm definitley one though that couldn't wait. I just had to know. I think its amazing when one parent finds out and the other doesn't. I couldn't handle that even more.

Definitely! I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with finding out early and for some people that is great and a necessity. Like my friends who are having a little boy found out so they would know if they needed to save up for a circ. or not.

oh there's definitly pros and cons for both decisions!

I've heard that you're so exhausted and out of it in labour it's nicer to experience the surprise with a clear head (at the scan) which i think could be true for some people.

I also think it matters if you wanted a boy or a girl or were unphased, that can change the dynamics a bit. If i had 2 boys and i wanted a girl i would 100% find out.

I just wanted at least one surprise sex but after being team yellow with Eva i wanted team yellow again :)

I totally agree with you, Betheney! I'm just old fashioned for this modern world! :rofl:

Had a dream last night that we saw baby on the ultrasound and it was a girl clear as day. We'll see in 5 days!!

Oh, can't wait to hear what you are having, AJ!! :happydance:

my bump at 18w and 18w2d I am getting there!!!
https://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w504/Lauren021406/18w2.jpg
https://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w504/Lauren021406/18w2d1.jpg

Adorable bump, Lauren!!! After AJ brings your pool back, can I borrow it? :haha:

OH MY GOD i have searched baby and bump looking for a thread i found years ago because it had an awesome link on it and i just found it.

Where do all our organs go when we're preggo???

https://www.msichicago.org/whats-he...your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive

It's really cool, use the little interactive time mover thing once you've watched it, it's amusing to watch it in fast motion.

It's my Birthday today :-D the big 25!!! Haha.

Lying in bed having some b'day fun with the little one making morning funny faces. For the girls who are about to become first time mum's being a mum is the best thing you'll ever do, life is one big fun party with a child.
https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313686_10151151806084468_407878081_n.jpg

JrowenJ - That baby carrier discount is awesome!!! i'm grabbing one straight away, i have an ergo baby that we use for Eva and i highly recommend it to everyone!!! But it's too expensive to own two and we go into the city alot to watch footy games which is too difficult with a pram so we need a sling for the newborn and the ergo we'll use for Eva, so this is perfect!!! for some reason all the slings here are really expensive!!! The seven slings looks crazy easy to sew but when i'm only paying postage i might as well save myself the cost of fabric and the pain of trial and error sewing one.

Happy birthday, Betheney!! I love the pics of you and Eva!!!

Bethany - it's my birthday today too!! how funny is that!!!

jrowe - um i guess the question was what size do i need? i don't know what to buy. lol

Happy birthday, mammaspath!!

AFM: I've been feeling pretty good, having more trouble sleeping at night. Cannot wait until we can move into the house and I can sleep on my queen sized bed again!!! I need to take a bump pic, especially since I didn't take one for week 16! :dohh: and I also have a birthday coming up in a few days! :happydance:

THANKS LA MERE!!!

I'm sorry i'm posting so much today but i swear all my posts are relevant. lol

For all those that were discussing breastfeeding convers, Uddercovers are having 100% off with the code 'FamilyBump' on https://www.uddercovers.com/[/B]

I've been breastfeeding for so long it no longer bothers me and i just get em out anywhere, but it took nearly an entire year to get myself into that mindset where i just stopped worrying so i know i would of loved something like this for those first 11 months that it did worry me.

OH MY GOD i have searched baby and bump looking for a thread i found years ago because it had an awesome link on it and i just found it.

Where do all our organs go when we're preggo???

https://www.msichicago.org/whats-he...your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive

It's really cool, use the little interactive time mover thing once you've watched it, it's amusing to watch it in fast motion.

Wow thats awesome thanks.

Deedee- wrist pain is the worst. I have carpal tunnel from a previous job in a bakery decorating cakes. Lately my hands have been falling asleep easily in my sleep and today I was knitting and my left hand hurt so bad and then got pins and needles. It is so annoying and I know it will only get worse! Pretty soon I will break out the wrist braces to sleep in. I also spent today outside in the heat for part of the afternoon and my hands swelled up so bad it hurt to close them into fists!! :(

Yeah, I have my hand all wrapped right now. I'm typing like my dad would :haha:
It does help with the pain, I've never had this happen to me, for a while a was worried something had bit me because it started out in a garden, but it was super hot out. I couldn't stand it last night, hubby was looking at me when I started tearing and all he could say was: "aww is it really that bad..." :cry:

Happy Birthday to you too mammaspath!!

You ladies are killing me with the bowel movement olympics but i totally agree!

THANKS LA MERE!!!

I'm sorry i'm posting so much today but i swear all my posts are relevant. lol

For all those that were discussing breastfeeding convers, Uddercovers are having 100% off with the code 'FamilyBump' on https://www.uddercovers.com/[/B]

I've been breastfeeding for so long it no longer bothers me and i just get em out anywhere, but it took nearly an entire year to get myself into that mindset where i just stopped worrying so i know i would of loved something like this for those first 11 months that it did worry me.

You're very welcome!! Thanks for the link to the organ website! That was really cool!!! I know exactly what you mean about the first months BF, I was so shy at first then by 6-8 months I was like, if you don't like it.. don't look! :rofl:

It does help with the pain, I've never had this happen to me, for a while a was worried something had bit me because it started out in a garden, but it was super hot out. I couldn't stand it last night, hubby was looking at me when I started tearing and all he could say was: "aww is it really that bad..." :cry:

I'm so sorry your wrist is hurting you so badly, DeeDee!:hugs: Glad it being wrapped up is helping it some! I hope it feels better soon!!!:hugs:

I'm so sorry your wrist is hurting you so badly, DeeDee!:hugs: Glad it being wrapped up is helping it some! I hope it feels better soon!!!:hugs:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! :hugs: I want to see your house finished. Hubby and I watched a 45 min show about them and he is super interested.

I'm so sorry your wrist is hurting you so badly, DeeDee!:hugs: Glad it being wrapped up is helping it some! I hope it feels better soon!!!:hugs:

Thanks!! :hugs: I want to see your house finished. Hubby and I watched a 45 min show about them and he is super interested.[/QUOTE]

:hugs: you're most welcome!! What is it with guys and dirt? :haha: I can't wait till I am able to show it to you finished!!!

Pregnant bowel movements should be an Olympic event.

OMG you're telling me. I thought I was going to lose my eyeballs this morning. I forced down a bowl of meusli and I'm going to eat a heap of fruit soon.

Ultrasound booked for 28th August, 22 days to go!! The place STILL hadn't received the referral from the hospital but I booked anyway and will ask my midwife to hurry the hospital up when I see her next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->