January Jellybeans 2013!...

I like how my grandma puts it ... I tell her I'm excited to find out and she said it won't matter either way. You can't change it. It still is going to be a baby! hahahahaha! She makes me laugh.

That's very sweet. Your grandma sounds lovely x

Uhh yes, This topic is awesome for what happened yesterday. We were in the car with MIL and FIL and they asked me when I was going back to the doctor. She said something like: Are you doing "another" ultrasound. With such a condescending tone, as always. And I said: Well, see, because I'm the mother and I want to know what my baby is, your son agrees and that's what we want, this is what we are going to do: we are learning the sex next monday. :D She only said "Oh..." LOL My husband very wisely changed the topic... but I had a blast making our parent position very clear.

Didn't want to hear that BS they gave us before: You are the kind of people that ask what the gift is before taking the wrapping paper off... something like that.. grrrr!

My MIL is a pain where that is concerned, my parents just said don't do any unnecessary ultrasounds and left it at that. My MIL on the other hand is getting on my nerves, when we told her we were pregnant at 10 weeks her reply was "why am I just hearing about this?" I was so pissed off about it!

Then we went to see her at about 17 weeks and she went on and on about how much weight I've gained, and what am I eating (as if she doesn't know I'm pregnant, I've only gained 6lbs anyway).

Then DH called and told her it's a boy, no congrats or excitement, just went on and on about how she thinks it should have been a surprise, and all the damage we probably did to baby's brain with all the radiation from the ultrasound. Really pissed me off, I was like from now on EVERYTHING will be a surprise to you, I'm not going out my way to keep her in the loop anymore. She got to do it her way with her two kids, I will do what I please with mine.

My MIL is a pain where that is concerned, my parents just said don't do any unnecessary ultrasounds and left it at that. My MIL on the other hand is getting on my nerves, when we told her we were pregnant at 10 weeks her reply was "why am I just hearing about this?" I was so pissed off about it!

Then we went to see her at about 17 weeks and she went on and on about how much weight I've gained, and what am I eating (as if she doesn't know I'm pregnant, I've only gained 6lbs anyway).

Then DH called and told her it's a boy, no congrats or excitement, just went on and on about how she thinks it should have been a surprise, and all the damage we probably did to baby's brain with all the radiation from the ultrasound. Really pissed me off, I was like from now on EVERYTHING will be a surprise to you, I'm not going out my way to keep her in the loop anymore. She got to do it her way with her two kids, I will do what I please with mine.
DH got an earfull from a co-worker about how terrible an ultrasound is - yet it can save the babies life.... I don't get it...
I've only had one at 8 weeks and I have my next soon.... REALLY? I'm going to damage a baby with a couple minutes of ultrasound - which isn't the same as radiation..... There is no evidence that links a couple ultrasounds to any sort of issue with the baby.... Made me mad too!

Well DS was scanned every week for a large part of 3rd Tri due to being small, & doesn't look his brain was fried!

I would tell them that I'm glad they are so concerned but as Ultrasounds are SOUND WAVES being emitted and do not use ionizing radiation like that of an x-ray ... they can shut it. :haha:

I can't stand people when they start giving advice when no one asked for it. DH and I get a lot of advice but not with the baby but with our decision for me to be a stay-at-home mom. His family thinks it is ridiculous he carries the weight of paying the bills while I "sit at home and do nothing" ...:haha: For any of you stay at home moms, I know you'll get a kick out of that. My SIL was telling me yesterday about how when I finish school I can finally go to work and I said yes but DH and I hadn't decided when I would go back. We would probably wait until baby #2 started pre-k. I told her how wonderful I thought it was to give my kids a head start into education as it is becoming so difficult now just for the poor little ones. She told me that it was good for them to be around other children too. I hate when they tell me what they think. We don't care. DH and I made this decision a long time ago and we love our choice.
Unfortunately as a new parent it seems like you get the wagon load of advice dumped on you. It gets overly annoying. Especially after the baby gets here. Everyone will tell you how should do this and that ... go with your instincts. You'll find that those are what knows best! And if you have to yell at someone .. you could always blame it on hormones. :haha:

Personally I couldn't be a sahm, I need to go to work for a rest!:haha:

Thanks for that everyone. I havnt even had sickness and Im not over weight so just can't understand y I havnt gained anything. I have my scan on thurs do at least I'll find out if baby is growing properly and I'll ask about weight gain.

i havent either and doc said everything is fine talk with ur doc :)

Urgh, just went to the dentist to talk about having a filling removed. I ended up having an x-ray which I had been really worried about, but the dentist assured me that the x-ray was focused directly on my teeth and away from my bump, plus they covered me with a lead apron from my neck to my thighs. Anyhow turns out I have a problem with one of my wisdom teeth which needs to come out and is what is probably causing the pain. Luckily it means they don't have to disturb my filling as they will take it out intact, but I am a bit worried about what pain relief I will be able to take after. DH had a wisdom tooth taken out earlier this year and I know he was popping ibuprofen and paracetamol for a few days after. Could be a miserable few days after. Sorry for the moan, wasn't really expecting that to be the outcome. Turns out my dentist is also pregnant so at least I felt like she was taking the baby's safety seriously.

That might be tough, usually they are ok with u taking Tylenol but probably not Tylenol 3's - that's what I had.... Becuz they have codine..... I'd say discuss with ur doc and confirm their choice on it... It does hurt but if it's only 1 tooth, not quite as bad and tylenol for a couple days should be ok. That sucks.... So happy that mine were all taken out 10ish years ago (all coming in sideways, had IV sedation for it) Make sure to not eat anything that will hurt it (popcorn or anything sharp... Also no drinking with a straw!)

Congrats on the pink bean!!

DH tried for several minutes to explain to his mum that an ultrasound is not an x-ray but she's very stubborn and know it all, usually I just keep quiet cause I don't want to get into an argument.

That might be tough, usually they are ok with u taking Tylenol but probably not Tylenol 3's - that's what I had.... Becuz they have codine..... I'd say discuss with ur doc and confirm their choice on it... It does hurt but if it's only 1 tooth, not quite as bad and tylenol for a couple days should be ok. That sucks.... So happy that mine were all taken out 10ish years ago (all coming in sideways, had IV sedation for it) Make sure to not eat anything that will hurt it (popcorn or anything sharp... Also no drinking with a straw!)

Thanks JCh. Is Tylenol the same as paracetamol? I am hoping that the pain won't be too bad as the tooth is fully erupted so there should be no cutting or stitches (I hope), but I haven't had a tooth out since I was a kid so I'm not sure what to expect. DH had his removed at a dental hospital and had stitches etc and I know he found it pretty tough. I was quite suprised to have to have a wisdom tooth extracted as I have always been told that I have plenty of room for them and they all came in normally, but this one has too much decay and the dentist thinks there may be a small infection under the filling, so it has to come out. :-( I have been in so much pain at night for the past couple of weeks however, that I am hoping that when it is out at least I might be able to get a decent night's sleep. :sleep:

Another pink bean here. That makes 3 girls for us and 5 granddaughters for my mother, can we say girl power, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->