January Jellybeans 2013!...

I cant stand when people make comments about funding out gender! Im like if i want to find out i will. And i did! Then when u do ppl are like..well how do u know for sure thats not a boy? Ugh it annoys me!

People can be SUPER judgemental if you don't do what they think EVERYONE should... If u find out then why? If u don't then why? I just got asked why I would want to know yesterday and it actually makes me kinda mad.... I have my reasoning and it's a choice made by DH and I..... Grrrr!

OMG people are judgy about finding out the sex?

I'm team yellow, always have been always will be. BUT i love the excitement of knowing what other people are having, i love asking and love waiting for all your gender scans!!!

I've never even considered it neither right nor wrong whether you do or do not find out, like i said before there are pros and cons on both sides so it purely comes down to what makes the individual parents to be happy.

I mean in the grand scheme of things DOES IT REALLY EVEN MATTER?

Dh made me get on the scales last week, as he thought I looked like I was loosing weight, and I've not been able to eat very much before getting full. I'd put on 1lb since getting pg.

i know! ppl have their own opinions and nobody is right or wrong, its just their own judgement call and they shouldnt be questioned or battered with others opinions.

I personally feel for hubby and i, that its just as a suprise for us finding out during the pregnancy as if we found out in the delivery room. We are getting all neutral things (other than clothes of course) and we decided to make the next pregnancy a suprise.

I just dont see why ppl just keep pressing it especially when you express an emotion on your face like "I dont give a F*** what you think"

OMG, def. got my panties in a bundle haha

this is only the beginning, oh the opinions you'll receive as a new parent is unbelievable.

Everyone always tells us..."its the ony surprise ull have in life" im likeee ohhh realllly? Lol. Well, its agirl! :)

Everyone always tells us..."its the ony surprise ull have in life" im likeee ohhh realllly? Lol. Well, its agirl! :)
It's surprising meeting your baby for the first time and isn't it a surprise finding out the gender anyways?

Of course I got to hear about one of my friends circumcisions in the same conversation.... EWWWW! Something I NEVER needed to know about him....

It's a surprise no matter when you find out! Some just get the surprise earlier than others.

I find it bizarre when people don't think you're capable of weighing up the pros & cons & making a decision yourself as to what you want to do. Grrrrr!

I have no issues with people doing it either way, but I don't understand the its a surprise whenever you find out saying. I found out with ds but am not finding out with this one, and expect it to be a totally different experience. Not better just different. At the end of the day, it's only about what the parents want, and to hell with other people! The only thing that concerns me is on some threads that I've read, there were quite a few women that said they wanted to stay yellow, but their dh/oh wanted to know, so they were going to do it. I find that a bit wrong.

We didn't find out with our first. My mother-in-law told me she doesn't believe I'll hold out on not finding out 'til birth but I sure did show her. :p My sister was dying to know what we're having and kept bringing up how there's no way she'd be able to wait. My cousin, also pregnant at that time, found out she's having a baby boy so we were given a couple outfits for baby boys from her brother as they were confused I guess that we hadn't found out.:haha: I must say though, I really liked having the surprise at the end. :)

This time around we found out. Both ways have their positives to them but the choice on whether or not to find out is so personal and the best way to go depends so much on the individuals so there's certainly no better or worse way.

If we have another I can't say whether or not we'll find out because I found downsides to both ways. With waiting it was a lot tougher to buy things and when my daughter was born I wasn't really thinking about the gender at that point so I didn't get a separate time to celebrate it if that makes sense.
With finding out I felt a lot of pressure and nervousness about needing to know NOW or I'd be let down, when as someone posted earlier, it really doesn't matter as long as baby's healthy. Your mind just gets so wrapped up in it. Plus, it didn't help that we were told most likely boy at 12 weeks to find out the opposite at 16 weeks. Again, not that it matters but I wish nothing was said so early because when I do find out I want a 99% certain answer. :) My doctor said he's 97% sure little one's a girl and he came to that conclusion seconds into the ultrasound but I still have some doubts especially as we were told the opposite weeks before. I'm trusting his experience and that the baby's further along so hoping he's right! :)

I suppose that's why with the NHS they make us wait til 20 weeks. Although I think some hospitals wont tell you what you're having anymore.

The only thing that concerns me is on some threads that I've read, there were quite a few women that said they wanted to stay yellow, but their dh/oh wanted to know, so they were going to do it. I find that a bit wrong.

I'm not sure... I want to find out at the scan, but if DH was really strongly against finding out then I wouldn't. If one party has a stronger view & good reasons, I don't see anything wrong with changing what you would otherwise do. I certainly don't just think the decision should be purely down to the mother.

The only thing that concerns me is on some threads that I've read, there were quite a few women that said they wanted to stay yellow, but their dh/oh wanted to know, so they were going to do it. I find that a bit wrong.

I'm not sure... I want to find out at the scan, but if DH was really strongly against finding out then I wouldn't. If one party has a stronger view & good reasons, I don't see anything wrong with changing what you would otherwise do. I certainly don't just think the decision should be purely down to the mother.

I meant it should be a joint decision, but some threads have had women that said they didn't want to find out, and read as if pressure had been put on them to find out.

I like how my grandma puts it ... I tell her I'm excited to find out and she said it won't matter either way. You can't change it. It still is going to be a baby! hahahahaha! She makes me laugh.

I meant it should be a joint decision, but some threads have had women that said they didn't want to find out, and read as if pressure had been put on them to find out.

I agree, just like the relationship there needs to be a compromise and not one or the other should be bullied into a decision

I agree, just like the relationship there needs to be a compromise and not one or the other should be bullied into a decision

I'd go with this... Guess I'm just the kind of person that wouldn't be bullied! If he had good reasons, fair enough, I'd go with it. If he was pressuring me without cause I'd dig my heels in! What do sonographers do if couples disagree during the scan?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->