January Jellybeans 2013!...

here is somthing that Hubby and i were discussing the other night, we have 2 dogs (aussie/heeler mix and a black lab) and ironically both realized "what if our baby is allergic to dogs?!" I dont even want to think about it until it happens bc i cant even THINK of giving away our pups :nope:

I know we have close friends and family that could most likely take them, but its WAY too hard to give away family...

have any of you with animals thought about this? I googled allerges and genetics (both hubby and i ARENT allergic thank goodness) just to see if the baby could be even tho we arent, and it seemed as tho the baby should be fine... but nothing is ever 100%
I think it's pretty rare to be allergic to dogs, especially if baby has some exposure at a young age. Not to mention that it would probably not be life threatening anyways. Try not to worry about it yet.
My mom is allergic to cats and I was fine to be around them until I hit about 12, then suddenly I'm VERY allergic - both older brothers own multiple cats with no issues- I also have asthma too (which started when I was about 5 or 6....) My mom does also have very slight asthma as well.
There is no guarantee but I doubt it will be an issue very quickly if at all....

here is somthing that Hubby and i were discussing the other night, we have 2 dogs (aussie/heeler mix and a black lab) and ironically both realized "what if our baby is allergic to dogs?!" I dont even want to think about it until it happens bc i cant even THINK of giving away our pups :nope:

I know we have close friends and family that could most likely take them, but its WAY too hard to give away family...

have any of you with animals thought about this? I googled allerges and genetics (both hubby and i ARENT allergic thank goodness) just to see if the baby could be even tho we arent, and it seemed as tho the baby should be fine... but nothing is ever 100%

It may sound cruel, but I was praying dd had dog allergies so I could get rid of dh's dogs. :rofl: I think puppies are cute when they live other places, I'm just not an animal person. :haha: BUT with that being said there's no way to know for sure if baby would have an allergy or not, but studies have shown that babies are less likely to get ear infections and have allergies If raised in a home with 2 or more pets. :shrug:

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! a cantaloupe!!! go snowangel!! i'll be joining you in a few days.

Dh has a dog so attached that we can't even go out without him freaking out or destroying the house and when he has one of his bones he can get mean and growl I just do t know what to do when baby comes plus u can leave for 5 min u come back in and he's jumping on u and freaking out and he's big enough when it hurts so I'm really confused on what to do :(

Another L&D dream, gave birth to another cat. WTF? This is like the 3rd cat I have given birth to in my dreams.

However, I went from 1cm to 10cm in about 30 seconds, pushed about 2-3x, and baby cat was out! If only!!!

It may sound cruel, but I was praying dd had dog allergies so I could get rid of dh's dogs. :rofl: I think puppies are cute when they live other places, I'm just not an animal person. :haha: BUT with that being said there's no way to know for sure if baby would have an allergy or not, but studies have shown that babies are less likely to get ear infections and have allergies If raised in a home with 2 or more pets. :shrug:

thats a very interesting study, thats kinda cool tho!

Made a team blue Jellybean siggy, not sure if i love it or hate it, so wont be offended if no one uses it but it's on post 1 for those who are interested, still can't come up with a good team pink one

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/fatty_betty/jjbb-1.png

Dh has a dog so attached that we can't even go out without him freaking out or destroying the house and when he has one of his bones he can get mean and growl I just do t know what to do when baby comes plus u can leave for 5 min u come back in and he's jumping on u and freaking out and he's big enough when it hurts so I'm really confused on what to do :(

My dog Quinn who is only 40lbs is a aussie/blue heeler and she has TONS of energy, She doenst jump on hubby or I often at all BUT she does do it to people that come over which is annoying.... we try and train her but its hard bc she gets so excited and its hard to tell each person what to do in a situation like that to make her learn (your not suppost to touch the dog when they do that bc thats what they want) I am not worried about our baby with her or our black lab, they are BOTH lovers and arent possesive with toys/bones with humans (not much with other dogs usually, quinn can be somtimes depending on the other dog) but When we got OUr lab has a puppy Quinn pretended as it was her own (they are only 4 months apart in age too!) Quinn also still cleans her etc even tho our lab is 85lbs! they always cuddle, so i see them be protective of our baby, but i guess we will have to wait and see

Just as im sure you will have to see how the dog interacts with a new life in the house

bethenny thats cool!

Ducky- I personally would wanna change my ticker to get the the fruits faster, haha but i wouldnt change my due date

Almost immediately came up with a blue one i do like

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/fatty_betty/jjbb2.png

Thanks for the compliments!! i have a feeling a pink one is a few days away, i'm just not happy with anything!!

OH MY EFFING GOD MADE A PINK ONE THAT I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/fatty_betty//jjbp.png

OH MY EFFING GOD MADE A PINK ONE THAT I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/fatty_betty//jjbp.png

I think the new banners are very cute! Going to use the pink one if that's okay. :)

Absolutely!! can't wait to see it in use, the pink one is on the large side though... sorry.

Ducky: I think it's a baby girl, you can see a line there.

LittleJ: I dread the scale, hahahaha. But that's just me being me haha. I didn't want DH to find out how much it was, but nurse left the scale as was when I got down... so now he knows LOL

LittleJ - I heard something like what Snow said about the allergies. So I think your doggies will be fine. :D They sound like wonderful dogs to have around and I'm sure they will love :baby:. I wish we could keep our dog in our house again but he is way too rowdy. He is bad about jumping on us and he is a very protective dog and we can't have him in with other people in the house. So I think he will stay an outside dog. We do however want to introduce him to the new baby so I may have my mom bring something the baby wears in hospital home to let him sniff of it first. We take him out walking with us and if it gets really cold, we may have to bring him back in so I want him to know there is a new little person in the house.

1 more day!!! Tomorrow is the scan!!! I can't believe it is here already. I hope today goes by quickly! :happydance:

We are planning on using baby lotions and creams to get Kitty use to the smell of a baby. We will be playing baby cries when it gets closer too. Kitty isn't a mellow normal cat, she is a little hyper, but super smart. She knows how to sit, lay down, come, go out, shake paw, roll over, and def knows NO lol. She also meows back like having conversations. Doesn't like going out though... so not a chance of making her an outside pet. We will have to train her for when baby is in the house.

Love the new banners Betheney!

So excited to see the scan results for this week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->