January Jellybeans 2013!...

Well thanks for telling me I had no idea not even the nurse I saw last weeks told me that :( well no more runny eggs for me

I eat them over medium, a itty bitty runny and the rest fully cooked! I eat them once a week, and i dont plan to change it... I also ate one deli sandwhich and didnt get sick and baby is fine, soooo who knows!!

I think as long as you are careful and don't eat it everyday.. Its fine. Though I always heat up my deli meat and I hate eggs, so... :shrug:

I read somewhere that the runny eggs is because of salmonella, but chickens in the UK are actually immunized against it, you can tell because the eggs have a particular stamp on them.... a lion maybe?

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details because I don't live in the UK. But give it a Google.

I have my eggs so the yolk is slightly runny but the white is obviously cooked fully.

This may be a silly question but what is a deli sandwich???

And eggs in the uk do have the lion stamp on but our mw's and nhs still say no runny eggs :cry:

A deli sandwhich is like a italian hoagie... Hand carved salami, ham, turkey cheese with oil and vinegar and pickles...on a nice thick hoagie roll!

A deli sandwhich is like a italian hoagie... Hand carved salami, ham, turkey cheese with oil and vinegar and pickles...on a nice thick hoagie roll!

Thanks hun, So is it the salami that means you cant have it in pregnancy? I dont think ive ever eaten salami tbh. Ill have to google a hoagie roll too I think pmsl

so i went for my 16 week checkup......got an ultrasound.......tech couldn't tell for sure....ugh

here's a pic.......any guesses??:shrug:

Attachments

• 16 weeks.jpg
    16 weeks.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
No they told us meat that is hand carved may contain bacteria that can affect baby...but i dont know! I forget how they make deli meat but i heard if its heated its ok....

Here's a ham and cheese deli sandwich. I'd add pickles to mine, though! And not on rye bread, probably a nice thick 9 grain bread! :haha:

https://www.schwebels.com/~/media/Images/Recipes/ham-cheese_387x298.ashx

It's the meat we can't have. If it's been sitting in a deli case and sliced on a machine, it could contain listeria.

Thank you so much for all the congrats, ladies!! I was so excited to get on here and share the news! :hugs: I'm having problems with my scanner but I'll get the pics on here.

On another note, I am now seriously craving some runny eggs and toast. :haha:

I'm not really craving anything right now. Although I do like a nice fresh red pepper with ranch to dip it in :) I wish I were craving the sweets like last time. But I;ve had some in my cupboard for a month now that I just haven't gotten too. The whole lunch meat thing bugs me. It wasnt a rule 10 years ago when I had my daughter. I had lunch meat all the time with her. Plus warm lunch meat just sounds icky. :(

I LOVE fried egg sandwiches with cheese. I had one before I realized I was pregnant. I think every day you run the risk of salmonella but when your pregnant it can be so much worse and hurt you AND baby. So they don't like you to take the risk.

Ya'll are bad for me, now i'm craving all sorts of things :dohh:

Wow, i think pink beans are leading now, come on Sassy and Little J, ya'll need to even it up again! :D

Just found out I'm having another boy!!! That makes 3 boys for me now. I'm seriously outnumbered. lol

Congrats on team blue!!

You guys are making me all excited all over again! Just about 15 hours!!! AHHH!!! I have no idea how I am going to sleep tonight. I am so excited. DH keeps asking ... what time? I was telling him the jellybean count earlier while we were cooking dinner and he said when do we find out what color we are again. lol!!! Oh I can't believe it is here. I'm going to be going insane tomorrow!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->