January Jellybeans 2013!...

Uk ladies - babies r us 3 day 20% off everything sales. Online and in store. Coupon available online .x

Aw it's a shame he's gone off Evie - it's such a pretty name. :cloud9:

Hubby and I had major arguments last time around. We were fine with a boys name but each had a girls name we loved but each hated the others choice. :wacko: Finally I spotted Megan in the name book and we both really liked it so that was that. Her middle name of Ruth was only decided on a couple of days before she was born.
Strangely I actually like his choice of name from last time - Darcey. :blush: We're holding off discussions until after Mondays scan though. :flower:

I keep doing one-off hiccups all through this pregnancy but today I've started having acid reflux with it, its leaves a horrible taste in my throat.

I love the name Sephine for a girl but my OH say its too old-fashioned. Grrr. I just can't get him on board with it. For a boy I'm stuck. I like Nash but OH is trying to veto that too. We're really struggling. His latest suggestion for a boy is Cedric. I veto'd that. Fast.

You seem to be in the same boat as we were. Stuck with each saying no to the other.

Yes I want to pull the "look who has to push this kid out" card but I'm keeping that one up my sleeve :winkwink:

Not only do u have that card, but u have the "I'm the one who supplies them with the birth certificate info so if u want ur name included in that u best become more negotiable." :rofl:

That's interesting... do the mums have to do this where you are? DH went to register DS as I was too sore & exhausted. I was like, "you'd better not spell it wrong or decide you're a comedian!"

He did fine :)

Aw it's a shame he's gone off Evie - it's such a pretty name. :cloud9:

Hubby and I had major arguments last time around. We were fine with a boys name but each had a girls name we loved but each hated the others choice. :wacko: Finally I spotted Megan in the name book and we both really liked it so that was that. Her middle name of Ruth was only decided on a couple of days before she was born.
Strangely I actually like his choice of name from last time - Darcey. :blush: We're holding off discussions until after Mondays scan though. :flower:

I can't wait until the scan either, then we can properly think about names (as long as baby is helpful & doesn't hide it's bits!) DH won't really even tell me what he thinks of my names until we know the gender, except the ones that are a flat out no :growlmad:

I have a major UTI and it sucks :(

Span - I love the name Evie - if our little baby is a girl we're naming her Evelyn. :)

I have a major UTI and it sucks :(

Span - I love the name Evie - if our little baby is a girl we're naming her Evelyn. :)

you've told your doc haven't you? UTIs during pregnancy can trigger contractions and cause premature labour.

We are having a bit of a names break as we can't agree either. We do have a white board in the kitchen though, and if we suddenly think of a name we just write it down (then the other says they don't like it and rubs it out lol)

Dh has been away overnight on s training course, but the dog didn't understand, he just laid at the top of the stairs all night waiting for him to come home :cry:

https://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/mellaandpaul/IMG-20120816-WA0006.jpg

Dh has been away overnight on s training course, but the dog didn't understand, he just laid at the top of the stairs all night waiting for him to come home :cry:

https://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/mellaandpaul/IMG-20120816-WA0006.jpg

Oh that is so sweet!

Had tooth out this morning and it was absolutely fine. Just hope that was the cause of the pain. Now just waiting for the bleeding to cease (sorry if TMI).

We have our scan this afternoon and I can't wait! We aren't finding out the sex, but just can't wait to see baby.

Lilah - hope the tooth removal wasn't too bad? Good luck with the scan, can't wait to see pics!

AFM - feeling quite emotional today, it has seemed to hit me that I am having a baby in four months and feel so unprepared, not just practically but emotionally as well. I have complete days where I forget I am pregnant - does anyone else have that? Hoping my scan next week will bring it to life some more but doesn't feel at all real. Feel as though I am starting to panic a bit about it all and need to prepare / plan / nest.

Lilah - hope the tooth removal wasn't too bad? Good luck with the scan, can't wait to see pics!

AFM - feeling quite emotional today, it has seemed to hit me that I am having a baby in four months and feel so unprepared, not just practically but emotionally as well. I have complete days where I forget I am pregnant - does anyone else have that? Hoping my scan next week will bring it to life some more but doesn't feel at all real. Feel as though I am starting to panic a bit about it all and need to prepare / plan / nest.

Thanks Sonia. It wasn't too bad at all. Am starving though so I hope I can eat soon!

I know what you mean about feeling unprepared. I had a bit of a freak at the weekend about the amount we have to do in the house and about the fact that very soon it will never just be me and DH again. Practically I kept telling myself that we would get things sorted while I was in my 2nd trimester and I would be feeling at my best, but I was sick till 16/17 weeks and then have been dealing with this blasted toothache and time is slipping away. We have so much to sort out in the house and that it is all a bit daunting. Maybe the panic thing is natures way of saying "come on, get on with it, there's a baby on the way". :)

Think you could be right! I am definitely going to get on with painting the nursery this weekend, once that's done I think I'll feel a little better and then to make a list of all the things we need to do / buy which I have started already. Hopefully that and the scan will make it all feel some what real, hope so. xx

Think were gunna start painting the nursery too this weekend, or next... Im not a procrastinator lol... Were going to put some molding up in the middle of the room since the top half will be white and the bottom of the walls will be light grey...hope it turns out ok!

I keep doing one-off hiccups all through this pregnancy but today I've started having acid reflux with it, its leaves a horrible taste in my throat.

I love the name Sephine for a girl but my OH say its too old-fashioned. Grrr. I just can't get him on board with it. For a boy I'm stuck. I like Nash but OH is trying to veto that too. We're really struggling. His latest suggestion for a boy is Cedric. I veto'd that. Fast.

You seem to be in the same boat as we were. Stuck with each saying no to the other.

Yes I want to pull the "look who has to push this kid out" card but I'm keeping that one up my sleeve :winkwink:

Not only do u have that card, but u have the "I'm the one who supplies them with the birth certificate info so if u want ur name included in that u best become more negotiable." :rofl:

That's interesting... do the mums have to do this where you are? DH went to register DS as I was too sore & exhausted. I was like, "you'd better not spell it wrong or decide you're a comedian!"

He did fine :)

Registration called me in my hospital room and I gave them the info. I think probably being married dh could do it. My brother and his girlfriend obviously were not married my brother gave the info but his girlfriend had to approve it. :thumbup: I was shocked that it was all done over the phone for dd and because she has an "extreme" middle name I spelled it out so it wouldn't be wrong. Only to find they spelled her first name (more common) WRONG!!! So I had to wait til I got the birth certificate and then had to reapply for her social security card. Total pain in a$$. But anyways I think in most cases in the U.S. it's up to the mother. :thumbup:

Think you could be right! I am definitely going to get on with painting the nursery this weekend, once that's done I think I'll feel a little better and then to make a list of all the things we need to do / buy which I have started already. Hopefully that and the scan will make it all feel some what real, hope so. xx

Yeah, they say that the second trimester is the one you forget your pregnant in so I bet once you see that baby it will all seem real again. :) We can't do anything with the nursery until October as there is so much junk in it and MIL and FIL are coming up with a van to take away our spare bed etc which they are going to store for us until we get a bigger place. Once the room is clear we can think about decorating. It must be so exciting that you are going to get started on the baby's room! x

i keep looking at my scan pics from wed. of Braxton, im so in love already!!!

when we moved into our house the room that we will use as the nursery was already painted a baby blue/powder blue color. I personally wanted to paint it the color we painted in the finished basement which is a grey color as well, BUT i feel like there is no need bc that blue color can be used in alot of ways! So i dont think we will paint as, right now.... im too damn lazy haha

We are going to register this weekend!! WOOT WOOT! SOOO exciting!

my belly has been so itchy latley (im assuming from the growing etc.) But i do also know its from a damn flying ant or somthing that fell down my tank top and bit me! dang bugs....well, he met his death after that one

ps. The fruit i believe is measured for length in comparison to the baby rump to head, just as Ducky said i think?

Little j registry was fun but it takes a while! If u get too exhausted i did the rest online lol but just make sure its available in stores! :)

The lady told me to get 4-5 items for each person im inviting to the shower..the shower list is up to 93 already...insane so im like.. Ur talking i need to scan 400 items or more? Shes like yea... Hah i got to 150 and i dont wanna put stuff i dont needor want on there for the heck of it!

Lee, I'm sorry about the UTI. I've had two already. They are no fun. I hope you feel better soon!

You know a good way that might help with finding a name? Watch the credits at the end of movies! I do that with almost every movie I watch and I always see some new names or names I love!

I forget I'm pg sometimes too. Then I get kicked in the bladder or somewhere and remember real quick! :rofl:

I wonder if we should get a move on registering too. I think I remember if you register for something at Babies R Us and you don't get it, they give you a percentage off (after baby is born maybe??), so it might be worthwhile to register for everything!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->