January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hey ladies!
Had my ultrasound today. I'm a little confused about the appointment an have moved my follow up with my OB to discuss it. They have been going by my lmp instead of when I'm pretty sure I ov'd because the first ultrasound measured 6 days off. The ultrasound place said I would be due 1-7-13 which is what I figured by ov date, but like I said it was only 6 days from my lmp due date of 1-1-13 Wasn't a problem til now. The ultrasound place I was at today said although baby is still growing she's on the smaller side. For her stomach measurement she dropped from the 48% to 24% in 4 weeks. She said she wants me back in 4 weeks to make sure there's no growth restriction and that maybe she's just taking her sweet time and will catch up. Anyways. Everything else looked great and she said it could be nothing, but now I have to sit and wait and try not to stress.
Sorry if this came out as a bunch of babbling I have a headache now. Anyways my OB appt is on the 28th so hopefully I'll have more answers and some stress relieved then.

Hey ladies!
Had my ultrasound today. I'm a little confused about the appointment an have moved my follow up with my OB to discuss it. They have been going by my lmp instead of when I'm pretty sure I ov'd because the first ultrasound measured 6 days off. The ultrasound place said I would be due 1-7-13 which is what I figured by ov date, but like I said it was only 6 days from my lmp due date of 1-1-13 Wasn't a problem til now. The ultrasound place I was at today said although baby is still growing she's on the smaller side. For her stomach measurement she dropped from the 48% to 24% in 4 weeks. She said she wants me back in 4 weeks to make sure there's no growth restriction and that maybe she's just taking her sweet time and will catch up. Anyways. Everything else looked great and she said it could be nothing, but now I have to sit and wait and try not to stress.
Sorry if this came out as a bunch of babbling I have a headache now. Anyways my OB appt is on the 28th so hopefully I'll have more answers and some stress relieved then.
The error rate can be within typically 5 days +/- (some places up to a week...)
Once ur in the 2nd trimester, it can vary again by another 10 days. U probably ov'd later than they're dating and they want to ensure baby is ok - in some rare situations it can mean baby isn't growing due to a complication BUT I think it's usually due to dating being wrong. I'd say to try just wait it out until the next scan :)

Hi ladies!

Drum roll please . . . . . Team . . . Blue!

All is perfect and measuring bang on! Definitely a boy as wouldn't leave his bits alone! Will upload some pics when online later. X

Congrats on your gorgeous boy Sonia!!!! You were right with you predictions :) so pleased for you :happydance:

xxx

Grr, loos like Im booking a dr app tomorrow, firstly my feet are that swollen I cant get my shoes on :( and secondly I thought I had an ingrown hair on my pubic area but Ive got the hubby to take a look (he is a nurse) and he said its an abcess :( I really wanna try and pop it but the thought of a crater scar on my foof is putting me off lol

Oh hun. Definitely give them a call and see someone. X

Breast for me, well be giving it a good go anyway!

Snow - like JCH said it could be that the dates are slightly off again and it's good they are checking. The Sonographer said to us today that very few people still measure bang on at their 20 week scan and was surprised we were - so it sounds quite common. I also think that babies grow at different rates. I was looking on my scan reports and some of my measurements are larger than the scale at this point, for example head circumference but she said that again was normal and all should even out. The 28th isn't too far off, could you give me a call to follow up any sooner?

Does anybody know what baby should weigh at roughly this point? My app says 12.8oz, our boy is 15oz

have you ladies decided on whether you would be breastfeeding or not?

I will definitly be trying again this time although with my ds I struggled and felt like a bit of a failure but I think Im more determined this time :)

Oh hun. Definitely give me a call and see someone. X

Thanks hun, I dont know if im more worried about my feet or foof pmsl but either way Ill be getting them checked x

Got a lift for tomorrow by my fil it's a 3h ride there and3h back hopefully no traffic so gender scan for me tomorrow at 1pm can't wait to see what it is and if everything is good with baby :)

Definitely breastfeeding for me.

Sonia, the justmommies website says at 20 weeks babies weight about 10.5-12.3 oz. but i don't think it's that serious, baby's only measuring 1 week ahead.

I'll try my first wouldn't take my second I did for 3 months I'll do it for at least one month so at least I'll give him/her the good antibodies

Breast for me, well be giving it a good go anyway!

Snow - like JCH said it could be that the dates are slightly off again and it's good they are checking. The Sonographer said to us today that very few people still measure bang on at their 20 week scan and was surprised we were - so it sounds quite common. I also think that babies grow at different rates. I was looking on my scan reports and some of my measurements are larger than the scale at this point, for example head circumference but she said that again was normal and all should even out. The 28th isn't too far off, could you give me a call to follow up any sooner?

Does anybody know what baby should weigh at roughly this point? My app says 12.8oz, our boy is 15oz

Lady at sonogram gave us a card that says baby measures 8 inches and weighs 10 oz. but that was monday, I was 19 + 5 back then haha.

my son (still getting used to saying this) weighed 13oz when I went at 20w5d. I dont know how I feel about breast feeding. I feel like its a tough decision for me.

I think the weight range must average, I'm 21 today so maybe that's why slightly ahead.

Can't believe how far this thread has come in what seems like such a short space on time - cant wait to share the next few months and beyond with you ladies x

SCAAAAAAAN DAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

8:11am right now and its at 1:45. Hubby and me have a fancy shmancy romantic lunch organised to celebrate our wondrous day.

With Eva we were so pumped after our scan it was more amazing than I could have imagined. So because we were so happy and neither wanted to return to work. We both pretended the scan went overtime and took ourselves out to lunch to gush over photos and text the family. So we decided to do the same thing this time. Caaaaaan't wait!!!

I think the weight range must average, I'm 21 today so maybe that's why slightly ahead.

Can't believe how far this thread has come in what seems like such a short space on time - cant wait to share the next few months and beyond with you ladies x

Have you looked at the pregnancy group category/page. We have like 8000 posts which is way more than any other thread. Lol

I don't really contact anyone from November Sparklers but I joined very late. I do however still have many amazing friends from my TTCgroup when I was TTC Eva and that was 2.5years ago.

The groups and friendships on here are wonderful.

This week has been busy with scans cant wait for mine tomorrow :)

Good luck for the scans coming up, still 4 days for me.. counting down.

OH wants a girl and I don't mind either way. I had a dream a few nights ago that it was a boy.

I'm having the worst pain by my belly button, slightly to the right of it. Its painful when I move. I'm assuming its just ligament or something and I know that is a tender spot anyway because the skin is thinner there. Could be the uterus pressing against it I guess.

Anyone else starting to feel belly heavy now? I just got down on the floor to wrap a gift and struggled to get myself up again, especially with the belly button pain. Instantly regretted not wrapping it on the dining table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->