January Jellybeans 2013!...

with all my babies my docs did the perinial massage.......i didn't rip or tear or have to be cut.....im lucky! i hope this one is the same. sounds painful and im doin this baby all natural.

I'm going to have to look into perineal massage. I tore really bad up by my urethra and it took me forever to heal. I don't want that to happen again.

I thankfully didn't tear or get cut. I used the epi-no I bought from my midwife and had DH do perineal massage. My midwife didn't do much in the way of helping hands on but the doc when she transfered me did the perineal massage as well.

I just had to get a flu shot at my appt today. Anyone else get it?

No but i should get the flu shot being diabetic and pregnant and all.... Went to the docs today and am on antibiotics now bc i have bronchitis... Sooo crumby! Thankfully if i can get through work tonight i can relax the rest of the weekend away!

My doctor said there is a higher risk of death among pregnant women who get the flu, so he recommended the shot. I was a little hesitant for two reasons - I haven't gotten it since I think college (which is a loooooong time ago) and my son had Guillain Barre Syndrome last January, but I got it anyway. I guess better to be safe than sorry. I'd rather not take my chances that something could happen to me and Boop.

I hope you feel better, Nikki! Get some rest!

I looked at getting an epi-no but they are about £100 :O i think ill look.into the massage thoughas ive not really heard of that before :)

Ya the epi-no looks interesting but I could buy a lot of other things with that kinda money so I think I'll have to pass.

Welcome back Snow! So glad your little darling is doing well :)

Nikki I really hope you feel better soon, being sick SUCKS!

Sassy, hope all goes well with DD's party this weekend - how fun!

The tearing talk has me scared ha ha, im going to ignore that as a possibility ha ha!

Hope everyone is feeling well and gearing up for the weekend woohoo!

xxxx

A couple of my friends swear by the epi-no. I'm not sure on the cost, agree it's expensive - may ask midwife of her thoughts. Perineal massage may be the way forward.

I didn't do any kegels or perineal massage or anything during my last pregnancy and I only pushed for 20minutes and I didn't tear. I had a tiny little graze that no one fussed about and didn't require stitches.

Wow! You only had to push for 20 minutes. I hope I get that lucky this time around. I pushed for 2.5 hours. :wacko::wacko:

i never during my entire labour felt like i needed to "push"

They came in at midnight and were like "OMG the head is right there! don't push don't push" and i'm like "who's pushing". Once they got everything sorted which took about 10 minutes i was then told when to push and she was born 20 minutes later.

I have a feeling that my contractions and uterus had already started pushing Eva out... maybe had they checked me half an hour earlier they might of found i was fully dilated and if i started pushing then maybe i would of pushed longer.

There's really no way of knowing... I remember the feeling of Eva entering the canal during pushing and feeling like there was a football in my hoo haa, so she can't of been THAT far down before pushing. But when they checked and said "they baby is coming now" i said "am i fully dilated" the midwife laughed and said "the head's right there love" so i have a feeling i was slightly passed the fully dilated stage... but really am not 100% sure.

They did keep telling me i was fantastic pusher *shrug* i just listened to everything they said and gave my everything to every push, i held my breath did a giant push for the count of 10 and if i could manage it a quick intake of breath and another giant push during the same contraction. The midwives were so wonderful, encouraging and told me exactly what i needed to do during the pushing stage. They asked if i was tired would i like to rest the next contraction and not push so i said Sure! and so for one contraction we just sat around resting. haha

I do know that Eva was in a fantastic ideal birthing position the Left occiput anterior, so obviously everything worked and moved the way it was suppose to. https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/all-positions/left-occiput-anterior

That is awesome that things worked out so well! I pushed 3-4 times through every contraction and I felt like I had to push before we started. To begin with it felt great to push ... the feeling was push now and it felt good but then it went to full on pain and no matter how I tried to push, she wasn't coming out. The nurse had her hand in between my daughter's head and the side of the inside of me trying to make room I guess. I hope that I have a much better nurse and doctor this time. They didn't tell me what was going on or try and encourage me or anything. At one point both of them left the room, and DH and I were left to just push by ourselves. I was scared and in a lot of pain at that point. I still have no idea where she went. She wasn't my doctor, she was the one on call and worked for the same office that my doctor did. I was not happy with her at all. Finally I started gagging really hard and that was what pushed DD out. I had nothing left. I'm really hoping that the doctor I have now, which I love, will really be helpful if need be. I know a lot more now so I'm hoping that will help keep me from sitting in a hospital bed all day with no food or water.

lol i agree the tearing talk ive been trying to ignore lol... but dont worry i dont mind u ladies talking about it :) Im just trying not to visualize being ripped to my A-hole :haha:

Yeah it is expensive, but they're not readily avalible in the US so when I could get it for around $150 I thought if I really wanted it I had better jump on it. For me it was worth it, but I didn't have to spend alot of money for other things, like her carrier, stroller, etc. we were given most everything.

Thought I'd share my almost 25 weeks bump. I'll be an eggplant tomorrow!!! Yay!

https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/duckytwins/2E0E8F3E-94E6-48BE-A5D3-CB1A76A37235-280-0000001A68D65735_zps1522333b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->