January Jellybeans 2013!...

I'm happy ill be home with this baby full time I went throught daycare and working full time with my last two so I'm happy ill get to be home with this baby :)

I have a question for those of you pregnant with #3+ ... Compared to your first delivery, how was the second? I've read that it is way shorter and push time is faster. DH is DREADING being in there with me again as we went through hell and back with DD ... I'm trying to reassure him that now that we know more and know when to speak up things might be better. I've been telling him that I've read the second time around is much easier. I'm hoping that is true ... either way baby is coming out but to have some possible reassurance that this could be better would be nice.

Thoughts??

For me it was a planned c- section but I do hear for some it can be much easier cuz u know what will happen but it can be harder too depends all on baby I think

I have a question for those of you pregnant with #3+ ... Compared to your first delivery, how was the second? I've read that it is way shorter and push time is faster. DH is DREADING being in there with me again as we went through hell and back with DD ... I'm trying to reassure him that now that we know more and know when to speak up things might be better. I've been telling him that I've read the second time around is much easier. I'm hoping that is true ... either way baby is coming out but to have some possible reassurance that this could be better would be nice.

Thoughts??

Sorry I can't help, 1 and 2 came at the same time! :haha: I also heard subsequent deliveries are easier, but I guess that is different for everyone. :hugs:

Urgh, childcare is so expensive. We are looking at £630 per month. I am hoping to go down to 4 days a week and would love to be able to stay at home, but I am the main breadwinner at the moment so we need my wage. Although saying that, hubby has managed to get promoted 3 times in two years so it may not be long until he can take over and maybe I can work less. :) We will be able to manage comfortably with one baby, but I can't imagine paying daycare for two of them if we decide to have them fairly close together.

Thoughts??

I know someone who had a pretty horrendous first labour and then popped their second one out pretty much as soon as they reached the hospital! I think they just managed to get in a room before it all happened.

Yea my sis in law had a horrible time with my fiest nephew...the second well...she got there..said he was in the canal and one push and he was out..no ripping..nothing. They went home the next day lol

So shortly after posting it all stopped. :shrug: I organized totes of baby clothes that dh brought to my bedside so I could do "something". Ive found that I have not much from newborn-9months, which confuses me because I have no idea where dd's clothes went. :shrug: so I did go pick dd up from school and then pushed it a little and went to Macy's baby section :blush: I did find some pretty good deals I bought 5 outfits and a shirt for $30. :thumbup: and now I'm back home in bed, so far no more pains. :thumbup:

We don't have the cost of daycare since I'm a stay at home mom, but we do have similar costs because dd is in a private preschool. It's crazy the tuition.

My first labor wasn't terrible it was less then 9 hours from the start of pitiocin to delivery, but I'm hoping for less this time since it is #2 and I don't use pain meds. :rofl:

Agree on the child care front ££££
I'm planning to work full time but half at home half in the office. My mum will have Archie 1 of those three days when I am at work, and we'll pay her a little less than we would for a nursery. The nursery for the other two days is £90 so we are looking at £135 ish a week! RIDICULOUS! I will have Archie at home with my on the other two days and work around him. That's still £520 a month that we don't have spare now! I will use some of my wages in child care vouchers which is about £230 I think, better doing that and paying for the child care with them as you don't pay tax on them.

Unfortunately we won't get any working tax credits as I earn above the threshold on my own without taking DH salary into account. We would actually be better off if I left work altogether! The government don't seem to be doing much to encourage people to work, or for families to stay together - it's better to be single, and not working unfortunately.

Nik- YAY for Ella!

Snow- thats good it all stopped.... did the Dr. say to go get checked out anyways? or what did they tell you it may have been?!

Ditty- hope things go smooth tomorrow!:hugs:

I will def be looking into the child care vouchers scheme as my work participates and I think hubby's does too. I wish we had family to help out, but my parents are 3 hours north and DHs are 2 hours south so we will be doing it all on our own which is a bit daunting. My brother who lives near my parents is lucky in that my folks take my neice one day a week, his MIL takes her another day, his fiancee has at least one of day off during the week and so my neice is only in day care 2 days a week.

I can't wait to go on maternity leave. I was at a work thing tonight and eveyone was asking me when I was heading off. They all looked quite shocked when I said I wasn't going off until the 21 December. Better hope the baby doesn't come too early!

Glad to hear it stopped Snow!

A girlfriend of mine and my SIL both barely made it in time to pop their second one out. They both had longer labors with theirs firsts. I know my best friend said she felt a little pressure and went in about 11am ... at 3pm she text me a picture of her new baby girl! She said they didn't even have time to give her any pain medicine. I'm hoping Miss Chloe is quick and decides to hop right out. :haha:

I am hoping I take after my mum. She had me in 6 hours and both my brothers in 2 hours. Her last labour was a bit traumatic as my brother was a bit starved of oxygen, but he spent a couple of days in an incubator and he was right as rain.

My second was induced but came very fast. Was 2-3 cm so my doctor left then 1 hour 30 mins later I was ready to push. The hospital midwives had to argue with my doc to get him to drive back,he wouldnt believe them

My sister had her first after 2 days in labor. With the second she had to be induced but she was born that same afternoon and she literally pushed for 6 minutes. I have a video of the whole pushing haha and it's only 6 min!

Hubby and I always planned on me being a stay at home mommy. Will eventually start getting customers to work from home, but that wont be 'til baby and I are very stable with everything.

We got good news today!!! DH starts his new job on October 8th!!!! We are so happy. While the pay is quite a bit less than his previous job, we are thankful that he will be back to work!!! He also will be working 2nd shift which is 2pm-10pm. I'll miss him being home for dinner, those hours aren't bad at all. He's done 3rd shift before and that was BRUTAL! So happy to see him working again ... although I have to admit .... I will miss him! It has been nice spending so much time with him and seeing him get to take a bit of break since he is the only one working. I know DD will miss him terribly! She is such a daddy's girl.

Hubby and I always planned on me being a stay at home mommy. Will eventually start getting customers to work from home, but that wont be 'til baby and I are very stable with everything.

I love being a SAHM! DH and I agreed right away that is what we wanted and we wouldn't change that decision for the world. Sometimes I miss the adult interaction but never enough that I would want to go back and stick her in daycare. I will go back to work after Chloe starts pre-k. My original plan was to start back after DD started Pre-K but when we decided to have one more, that changed. I'm going back to school while at home as well so that when I get back into the work force, I'll have some great programs behind me to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->