January Jellybeans 2013!...

My most concern I have is feeling him all the time and if my cervix is completly closed

I never did either, but I went for a 4d ultrasound yesterday and he wasnt cooperating at first, then he finally moved his hand but the cord was blocking his face so we have to go back in 2 weeks. But now Im nervous about the cord

Aww. Yeah, if I saw it as a problem on a US i'd be worried about it. :hugs:

Wouldn't it be cool if we could have portable Ultrasounds like we do dopplers? Someday our grandchildren will.

I never did either, but I went for a 4d ultrasound yesterday and he wasnt cooperating at first, then he finally moved his hand but the cord was blocking his face so we have to go back in 2 weeks. But now Im nervous about the cord

Aww. Yeah, if I saw it as a problem on a US i'd be worried about it. :hugs:

Wouldn't it be cool if we could have portable Ultrasounds like we do dopplers? Someday our grandchildren will.

i would love that....by that time they def will have portable ultra sounds!

deedee funny u say that..there is a mobile ultrasound for the iphone i beleive.. its like 7000$

comes with a probe thingy and all and you have to be a doctor to purchase it or something...i think.. dont quote me on that

You can buy a portable ultrasound for $8000. It's great quality and if you have 8k to blow....

https://vscanultrasound.gehealthcare.com/

Nikki I saw that thing before! It is insane!

The thought crossed my mind about the umbilical cord but only because on the us picture the cord was going across her. The tech pointed it out and I said what is she doing ... chewing on it???? She didn't say anything so I suppose it wasn't too funny ... lol!!

Wow there is SO much good news today!

Congrats on the house Blossom! And Sassy such good news for you and DH, im sure he'll be glad once he's working again!

Snow, so pleased all your pains have stopped, that would have been scary.

Nikki, so glad all was well with little Ella :happydance:

Ditty, fingers crossed for tomorrow, im sure everything will be wonderful :)

Keep the good news coming ladies, the weekend is nearly here :happydance:

xxx

Where I live u go in the back yard and ur covered in corn stalks and I have acoue acres of Land and I have cows behind me too lol they can make a lot of noise in the morning

Lol...Lovely!

At my parents house the owls keep you up half the night & the neighbours donkey wakes you in the morning with the most awful sound! Wouldn't change it though :)

I've never really thought about the cord.
My three biggest pregnancy worries I guess are . . . Hemareoids (no thank you), episiotomy (no thank you) and forceps (no thank you)

I worry about the cord too, with Jacob I had 2 4D scans done and both times he had the cord round his neck and wouldn't leave it alone!
When it came to labour his heart rate kept dropping so they had to stick a needle in his head twice to take blood to monitor oxygen levels. They gave me a certain amount of time to deliver him before a c section. Luckily I pushed him out just in time. There was nothing wrong with him but the cord was still around his neck and as he was moving down it was getting tighter.

My biggest fears in delivery are needing a c section, needing any help at all (forceps etc) and tearing.

I would love a water birth this time as I couldn't have one last time. My ultimate fear is epidurals! One of the main reasons I do not want a c section.

i'm terrified of a c-section, not because it means i'm not having the dreamy, wonderful, empowering natural labour but because it's major surgery and i'm terrified of being cut open!! I'm also terrified of forceps and would elect for a c-section over forceps. I think forceps are brutal.

I feel like a really crappy mum for not wanting to be a sahm :blush: we are only a small town, and I don't go to any groups mainly as I work with lots of mums with young children and they go to these groups. I don't want to put them in a position where they feel uncomfortable with me being there or have to explain where they know me from, its completely unfair for them. So I'd just be stuck at home. I am having 9 months off, and took a year with ds, but I was ready to go back by then, I was completely stir crazy!

I saw some of you posting about hip pains. I had to recently try a pillow between my legs while im sleeping, and it has helped alot.

I wax going to buy a pregnancy pillow, but decided to try a regular pillow first. Saved my $40 :)

Melly - I know what you mean, I don't really, well not at this stage, want to be a sahm to be honest. Don't get me wrong I can see the benefits but want to return to work, I have worked hard in my career and have a good job, well paid and enjoy working.

UK ladies - have any of you seen the news re: whooping cough jabs from Monday for expectant mothers 28 - 38 weeks? It comes after the recent increase in whooping cough amongst babies - will you be having it? I think I will, of course once I understand the pros / cons and ensure the risk to baby is minimal.

Story at https://news.sky.com/story/990381/whooping-cough-vaccine-for-pregnant-women

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->