January Jellybeans 2013!...

Great news Nikki, Sassy & Snow!... and I have some more - we got the house!!! :wohoo:

Now just have to hope everything runs smoothly through to completion :)

I'm really happy. It's pretty expensive, but it's on a little country lane with sheep in the field behind - it's beautiful & the local schools are amazing :)

So much great news today! I am so happy for all of you with diminished (bad) symptoms, new jobs, and houses! WOOHOO! What a joy to share with you all!

Congrats blossom!! :). We live in a q uiet area too!i love it...ut im not loving the two black bears lurking around at night...i do however love the two baby deer who eat my berries off my berry tree :) we have a small window in our shower and i look out most mornings and they are there :)

Yay Blossom!

Im jealous of all of you stay at home mommies.... i wish i could be there alot for my LO. Atleast i get 2 months after he is born but after that, ill be working full time again as hubby and I cant go without 2 incomes (especially mine, bc im the bread winner at the moment as well)

Hubby and I always planned on me being a stay at home mommy. Will eventually start getting customers to work from home, but that wont be 'til baby and I are very stable with everything.

I love being a SAHM! DH and I agreed right away that is what we wanted and we wouldn't change that decision for the world. Sometimes I miss the adult interaction but never enough that I would want to go back and stick her in daycare. I will go back to work after Chloe starts pre-k. My original plan was to start back after DD started Pre-K but when we decided to have one more, that changed. I'm going back to school while at home as well so that when I get back into the work force, I'll have some great programs behind me to help out.

I have to get working on getting my diplomas certified here in the States, since all my degrees are from Guatemala. That's gonna be a pain, I hope they don't make me take extra classes... I've done enough of those in my time... :wacko:

So much happiness today!!

I'm jealous of all the SAHMs too... I would love to be home with our little man all the time. But I do love my job... I have a great job with one of the top ranked Fortune best companies to work for so it would be very hard to give that up! Plus the income is needed :/ luckily my parents will be babysitting one day a week and the in laws will most likely do a day as well. But three days a week of daycare around here runs more than my mortgage!! And that's at a reasonable place!!

I think it's crazy that in the us u only get 2 month off paid when I had my other two I was off from 3 months to delivery paid at 90% then I got 11 months paid the first 25weeks at 75% then the rest at 55% but at least I was home with baby then I had my daycare at 7$ a day u guys should get much more

I think it's crazy that in the us u only get 2 month off paid when I had my other two I was off from 3 months to delivery paid at 90% then I got 11 months paid the first 25weeks at 75% then the rest at 55% but at least I was home with baby then I had my daycare at 7$ a day u guys should get much more

I was offered 8 weeks UNPAID maternity leave. I'd rather not be working FT and work per diem as I have been. It allows me to come back to wok gradually and when I want to. Unless you work at a business with more than 50 employees, businesses are not even required to give you paid maternity leave.

Yea the u.s. sucks when it comes to benefits..i will not be taking any time off... ( i teach online) but i will be quitting the one that i teach at night unless they ask me to teach online... I dont mind though... Hubby works days so i can work nights in our home office :)

I think I would go crazy being a sahm, but I'm also glad I don't have to work full time either, I suppose I just want it all!

As for the birth, I don't care how long it is, I would just like to have a vbac. I may regret saying that if its a 2 day labour!!

Yea the U.S is horrible when it comes to having children. They just barely give you time off and then when they do ... you don't get paid. Sad! My best friend is frustrated with her maternity leave because her son has colic and she knows it will be a struggle when she has to go back. Since she had a scheduled c-section, her last day was the day before she had the surgery but she only gets 8 weeks. She wanted to be able to stay a little longer, but they can't go without both her and her husband's income. She is lucky in the daycare area as her sister owns a daycare so her kids can both go for free. She said if it wasn't for that, she wouldn't be able to work because the cost for even a simple daycare is so high she wouldn't make enough.

I can honestly say that with being a SAHM there is never a dull moment. Especially when they are little. Since DD is 4 now, she is very independent so she doesn't need me quite like she use to. I've gotten some new hobbies to fill in the space where normally I would have been swamped in diapers and bottles. :haha: I've learned to crochet and sew and I'm always scouting for new recipes and have become quite a fabulous cook. DD likes to help with fun sewing projects and she is all about helping stir or pour stuff in when I'm cooking. I've loved watching her grow up and be there everyday. I am interested to see what it is like having 2 at home with me now. DD won't start pre-k until next year so this should be a fun house everyday! :haha:

Thanks everyone. Your place sounds gorgeous Nikki! I grew up on a small farm & I just love having wildlife & open spaces all around me.

I'm a SAHM for the time being. Not really through choice, I always intended to go back to work, but at 10 months old, a month before I was due back, DS was still getting me up 5+ times each night & I just didn't think I'd be able to do my job well enough off that little sleep. Then when he finally did sleep well, we knew we wanted another child and were planning on moving, so we decided I'd stay at home until after baby no.2. I love being a SAHM, but I'm still keeping up my professional accreditation & training as I do want to go back. DH says he doesn't mind if I don't, but it took me 6 years to qualify & I enjoy it, so I'll go back part time.

I love being a SAHM mum, it's fabulous!!! what could be better than spending your days with the little being that you love more than life itself. plus we go to mothers group 1 day a week, nursery rhymes 1 day a week, swimming lessons, dance lessons and sometimes the mum's n bubs movies. Plus we go out for lunch and coffee all the time. Or at least that's what it was like for the first 16 months, since then I'm also a full time uni student so I guess I'm no longer classified as a SAHM. so we've scaled back a bit, but I still try and take Eva out a lot.

LOVE!!!

I am sort of a SAHM, or will be when Lilah is here. I don't work now because I'm a military wife and when I first moved in with my husband, I moved 600 miles away from my life where I worked and went to school full time, so I moved in under the pretense of taking a year off. About 8 months after I moved in with him, I found out I was pregnant and just decided to continue not to work. My husband gets out of the military, hopefully, in November and we are going to move back home and I'm going to go to school full time in the spring and fall, but I'm still not going to work.

Where I live u go in the back yard and ur covered in corn stalks and I have acoue acres of Land and I have cows behind me too lol they can make a lot of noise in the morning

It's funny u say that cuz I never really thought about that

does anyone else worry about where the umbillical cord is?

It's one of those things I think about, but know I can't really do much about it at the time so talk myself into letting it pass my mind as a random thought. That and amniotic fluid leak.

I never did either, but I went for a 4d ultrasound yesterday and he wasnt cooperating at first, then he finally moved his hand but the cord was blocking his face so we have to go back in 2 weeks. But now Im nervous about the cord

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->