January Jellybeans 2013!...

I feel like a really crappy mum for not wanting to be a sahm :blush: we are only a small town, and I don't go to any groups mainly as I work with lots of mums with young children and they go to these groups. I don't want to put them in a position where they feel uncomfortable with me being there or have to explain where they know me from, its completely unfair for them. So I'd just be stuck at home. I am having 9 months off, and took a year with ds, but I was ready to go back by then, I was completely stir crazy!

don't feel like a crappy mum!! there is completely no right or wrong only what makes us happy. If you were to continue to be a SAHM when you didn't want to be then that is when it's wrong. If you love adult conversation, your job and things other than being a SAHM then there is nothing wrong with that. Just like there is nothing wrong with wanting to be a SAHM forever. I get annoyed when people argue whether one is the "better" choice. I see no better nor worse choice, only 2 different choices that appeal to different people. We can't help what appeals to us.

edit

just wanted to add Melly Welly that I wasn't saying I was annoyed at you as one of the people who argue about it. because you obviously weren't arguing at all. But some mum's feel like they SHOULD feel one way or the other because of this working VS SAHM thing going on.

Melly - I know what you mean, I don't really, well not at this stage, want to be a sahm to be honest. Don't get me wrong I can see the benefits but want to return to work, I have worked hard in my career and have a good job, well paid and enjoy working.

UK ladies - have any of you seen the news re: whooping cough jabs from Monday for expectant mothers 28 - 38 weeks? It comes after the recent increase in whooping cough amongst babies - will you be having it? I think I will, of course once I understand the pros / cons and ensure the risk to baby is minimal.

Story at https://news.sky.com/story/990381/whooping-cough-vaccine-for-pregnant-women

Me too ladies, I dont see any reason why we cant balance career and motherhood - or at least try! I'm sure I am going to love being a mum, but I enjoy all aspects of working so will definitely be going back all being well with the little one :thumbup:

For all the hip and back pain ladies... I bought a maternity support belt at Babies R Us yesterday in hope of getting a little relief. I currently spend all day at my desk with a heating pad :( I'll let you know if I notice any improvements!

For all the hip and back pain ladies... I bought a maternity support belt at Babies R Us yesterday in hope of getting a little relief. I currently spend all day at my desk with a heating pad :( I'll let you know if I notice any improvements!

Oh please do let us know. That might help my situation. :thumbup:

Hubby said if i had to have a C-section he wouldnt look over the curtain bc he said he wouldnt wanna see me cut open because it would make him think bad thoughts of be being decapitated or somthing? Its nice to know he doenst like the idea of seeing me being cut apart etc

Im not too sure if they will promote portable ultrasounds too much as time goes on. Even tho they havent noticed issues with babies haveing US, they try to keep the to the most minimum if they can. I personally wouldnt like haveing one, as I would be tempted to use it ALOT and I wouldnt want to subject my unborn baby to that... even tho I now its safe and just soundwaves, but I dont want it to harm anything (if it did) if its not necessary

So I had the oddest experience last night. I always sleep on my sides. Usually on my right side because that faces me toward the edge of the bed. But I shift from side to side often throughout the night. Last night I tried turning to my left side but I had this paralyzing pain in my lower right area not really sure what it was but I had to actually lift myself using the headboard and turn back to my right side. It happened probably 3 different times. :shrug: I had no pain at all when laying on my right. Anybody else have something similar?

So I had the oddest experience last night. I always sleep on my sides. Usually on my right side because that faces me toward the edge of the bed. But I shift from side to side often throughout the night. Last night I tried turning to my left side but I had this paralyzing pain in my lower right area not really sure what it was but I had to actually lift myself using the headboard and turn back to my right side. It happened probably 3 different times. :shrug: I had no pain at all when laying on my right. Anybody else have something similar?
Was it almost like a muscle pull kinda thing? I've gotten that kind of feeling a few times - I think it could be due to the baby weight and circulation....

On another note - I was REALLY pissed off last night at our work function when another girl here who is 6 days ahead of me started asking "do u think ur baby is growing? Are u sure? Are they measuring you? You don't look big enough!" She's TINY and asian, I'm tall, white and normally wear size 16 so I'm NOT small by any means..... WTF - who says that?

Was it almost like a muscle pull kinda thing? I've gotten that kind of feeling a few times - I think it could be due to the baby weight and circulation....

On another note - I was REALLY pissed off last night at our work function when another girl here who is 6 days ahead of me started asking "do u think ur baby is growing? Are u sure? Are they measuring you? You don't look big enough!" She's TINY and asian, I'm tall, white and normally wear size 16 so I'm NOT small by any means..... WTF - who says that?

omg! what did you say to her?! How do you even respond to something like that??? I swear people are such idiots sometimes

JCH that woman just sounds mean. I doubt she didn't know she was slightly offending you. When Eva was born I had this woman say "I guess she kinda looks like you, she has a double chin and no offense you kinda do too" I laughed when she said it because I knew she just wanted to be nasty because not only is it a rude and insensitive thing to say it was also 100% false, I don't have anything that would even resemble a double chin, so I just had to say "seriously! what the fuck is wrong with you" she just kinda dodged the confrontation and wandered off. IDIOT!!!!

I just told her everything is fine and I'm follow docs orders and she's happy with where I'm at, since it's a work person I have to be careful to not yell at her which I SOOOOO wanted to do. I just kept insisting that I'm a MUCH larger person and each person carries the baby differently - the people who know me and see me all say, wow, ur really showing now. I'm sure if I was 5' and 100 lbs that it would look much different - I'm like double her size and almost 5'9. I just said everything is fine finally and walked away. I'm still SO baffled that someone would even THINK of saying it, let alone saying it to someone!

Wow, Betheney - double chin comment? OMG! That's SO rude!

WTF is wrong with people? :dohh:

Hubby said if i had to have a C-section he wouldnt look over the curtain bc he said he wouldnt wanna see me cut open because it would make him think bad thoughts of be being decapitated or somthing? Its nice to know he doenst like the idea of seeing me being cut apart etc

Im not too sure if they will promote portable ultrasounds too much as time goes on. Even tho they havent noticed issues with babies haveing US, they try to keep the to the most minimum if they can. I personally wouldnt like haveing one, as I would be tempted to use it ALOT and I wouldnt want to subject my unborn baby to that... even tho I now its safe and just soundwaves, but I dont want it to harm anything (if it did) if its not necessary

He doesn't have to look over the curtain - Don't READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW!!!!!!

When I had a cs with ds, I accidentally looked up, and the big lights unit they have overhead has a reflective rim, and l could see myself ' opened up ' and looked just as they were taking ds out, so I actually got to see him being born. It wasn't a pleasant thing to see, but I couldn't look away either!

I had the weirdest dream the other night! I dreamt about my mum, and I very rarely dream of her. She died nearly 20 years ago now, and the last time I dreamt of her was the night before my 1st mc.

Me and dh had gone shopping and mum decided the baby needed to be born right then, so she went to hospital to have it for me !!!!

When I got to hospital, mum was laid on s bed with the baby, mum was very still, not sure if asleep or dead, and the bottom half of babys face was purple, to I grabbed it and started rubbing it with a towel and it started breathing! It had lovely big chubby cheeks!

I told dh and ds the next morning, minus a few details for ds! And they both said what was it? Can't believe I forgot to look!!! I was just do happy it was breathing!!!

Three hours until the ultrasound. A little nervous but a lot hopeful. Will post as soon after as I can.

Not sure if you're still going by yourself Ditty, but just wanted to say there will be lots of us thinking of you & hoping all is well. I'm sure it will be xxx

26 weeks today! I went out for a walk this morning and some kid told me I am very pretty. It was cute. I still got it at 26 weeks pregnant! Lol.

In other news, last night I almost fainted for the first time in my life, and I stay conscious when I have seizures. I was just standing at the sink washing the dishes when my vision started to go and I got really hot and dizzy and my ribs on the right side started to ache. I sat down and called really softly for my husband, luckily he heard me, and he came over and held me and fetched me water until I felt better. I must have overdone it last night standing there washing the dishes. Has this happened to any of you? Sorry if it has and you've already discussed it, this forum moves so fast I have trouble keeping up with everybody.

Brieri - I got this a lot in early pregnancy (though no rib pain). I think it was due to low blood pressure (mine tends to be on the low side). Could be the same with you, or maybe you're coming down with something or overdoing it? If it happens again & you're worried, I'd speak to a doctor about it.

Hope you're feeling better.

26 weeks today! I went out for a walk this morning and some kid told me I am very pretty. It was cute. I still got it at 26 weeks pregnant! Lol.

In other news, last night I almost fainted for the first time in my life, and I stay conscious when I have seizures. I was just standing at the sink washing the dishes when my vision started to go and I got really hot and dizzy and my ribs on the right side started to ache. I sat down and called really softly for my husband, luckily he heard me, and he came over and held me and fetched me water until I felt better. I must have overdone it last night standing there washing the dishes. Has this happened to any of you? Sorry if it has and you've already discussed it, this forum moves so fast I have trouble keeping up with everybody.
Scary! I've heard ur more prone and I do get head rushes from getting up too quickly. But as soon as I have that feeling I either put my head down as far as I can or lay down to get the proper blood flow. Glad ur hubby was there to help u.
I also know someone who passed out in the shower and DH caught her - they just suggest taking things a bit easier and sitting/ laying down as soon as u get that feeling.
PS - her baby was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->