January Jellybeans 2013!...

26 weeks today! I went out for a walk this morning and some kid told me I am very pretty. It was cute. I still got it at 26 weeks pregnant! Lol.

In other news, last night I almost fainted for the first time in my life, and I stay conscious when I have seizures. I was just standing at the sink washing the dishes when my vision started to go and I got really hot and dizzy and my ribs on the right side started to ache. I sat down and called really softly for my husband, luckily he heard me, and he came over and held me and fetched me water until I felt better. I must have overdone it last night standing there washing the dishes. Has this happened to any of you? Sorry if it has and you've already discussed it, this forum moves so fast I have trouble keeping up with everybody.

Yeah it's happened. Mostly when i'm doing something with steam or hot like cooking, or hot water in the sink. I've had to shower with the door open so it doesn't get super hot in the bathroom too.

Yesterday something odd happened. I was sad. Baby wasn't moving as much as he usually does, I didn't get exciting kicks, nothing that made me say "Well, hello Matthew..." I knew he was fine because I heard him with doppler, but I missed him moving. Hubby even had to tell me it was fine, that I would feel him as much as I did again. I can't believe how sad I was, I felt empty...

But this morning he was back to his old self, as soon as I felt those kicks I wanted to cry... hormones maybe, but I missed him so!

Ditty
Good luck but I'm sure everything will b just fine :)

Im a freak and if i have a C-section id wanna look haha

I figured out a way where I dont have to get up and pee in the middle of the night! (mostly)

I usually layed on my tummy/side so it would put pressure on my bladder. Now i find it easier to just lay on my side with the pillow inbetween my legs like normal and i dont feel the pressure much now! (excpet when i roll over, then i def. feel Braxton push on it)

Melly - I know what you mean, I don't really, well not at this stage, want to be a sahm to be honest. Don't get me wrong I can see the benefits but want to return to work, I have worked hard in my career and have a good job, well paid and enjoy working.

UK ladies - have any of you seen the news re: whooping cough jabs from Monday for expectant mothers 28 - 38 weeks? It comes after the recent increase in whooping cough amongst babies - will you be having it? I think I will, of course once I understand the pros / cons and ensure the risk to baby is minimal.

Story at https://news.sky.com/story/990381/whooping-cough-vaccine-for-pregnant-women

I have been looking into it today after I saw it on the news this morning. I think I will have it as they seem to be saying that the risk to you baby if they get whooping cough far outweighs the risk of the vacine (I hope that makes sense). I read this website which was really helpfulc:

https://www.immunisationscotland.org.uk/vaccines-and-diseases/whooping-cough.aspx

When I was a baby there was a whooping cough epidemic and my mother never got me vaccinated as there were fears at the time about babies born to asthmatic mothers getting the vaccine. I got whooping cough and although it wasn't life threatening for me, mum said it was horrible. I just bawled my eyes out watching the BBC1 news as they showed a wee baby with whooping cough, whooping away.

Do u think its worth buying a mobile for the crib? I can't remeber if I used it much when I had my other kids

Do u think its worth buying a mobile for the crib? I can't remeber if I used it much when I had my other kids

We registered for one, and even if we dont use it... itll look like cute decoration for the room and the crib :)

I wouldn't mind views on this too Kaiecee, I never bothered with one for DS as he went from Moses basket to our bed & by the time he was in his cot, he was used to not having one. Would like to minimise the baby coming into our bed this time though, so wondering whether to get one.

I swear my hormones went into overdrive this week!... So as u all may know I am in a wedding in 3 weeeeeks! I have literally popped over night and went for my dress fitting today (she took the dress out as much as she possibly could) and well... NOPE, doesnt fit over my bump!... Now 4 months ago I suggested to the bride i was going to order 2 sizes up bcause i knew the dress i had wouldnt fit me at 7 months prego and she insisted there was 4 inches to take out and there was nothing to worry about and wed take care of it when the time came... come to find out today there is only 2 inches to take out... I knew I should have just ordered the dress befor they came in and now IM in this awful freakin predicament because she didnt listen...

So now she is asking all the girls to send in their scraps from their dresses (3 of them still didnt get alterations done yet.) so she can overnight them to me so we can sew them into the dress.. im ging to look like a freakin patchwork quilt!!!

Needless to say, im crying over it.. i hate hormones!

I swear my hormones went into overdrive this week!... So as u all may know I am in a wedding in 3 weeeeeks! I have literally popped over night and went for my dress fitting today (she took the dress out as much as she possibly could) and well... NOPE, doesnt fit over my bump!... Now 4 months ago I suggested to the bride i was going to order 2 sizes up bcause i knew the dress i had wouldnt fit me at 7 months prego and she insisted there was 4 inches to take out and there was nothing to worry about and wed take care of it when the time came... come to find out today there is only 2 inches to take out... I knew I should have just ordered the dress befor they came in and now IM in this awful freakin predicament because she didnt listen...

So now she is asking all the girls to send in their scraps from their dresses (3 of them still didnt get alterations done yet.) so she can overnight them to me so we can sew them into the dress.. im ging to look like a freakin patchwork quilt!!!

Needless to say, im crying over it.. i hate hormones!

Aww don't cry sweetheart. I promise you you aren't the only woman in the world that has carried a beautiful baby in her belly and thus her belly grew! They should understand. I'm sure you will look just fine and lovely and the dress lady will work her magic into it, because that's what they do. :hugs:
I'm glad they are looking into solutions and not blaming you (without a right or reason) for it. You were right, she wasn't, but now it's all about fixing it. :) U'll be fine!

I'm home and happy.

My appointment went well. Abdominal ultrasound showed no evidence of placental abruption or placenta previa. Transvaginal ultrasound showed a healthy cervix, no dilation, and a nice long length. Apparently your cervix is supposed to be at least 3cm long, mine was 5cm.

I asked if exertion could have caused the bleed and the doctor said it could if my cervix is friable. No BDing the rest of pregnancy, even though they don't think it will affect outcome but will keep any nuisance bleeding from confusing us. He just told me to take it slow. He also told me I may spot again and as long as it's brown we're okay.

BUT I AM OFF BED REST AND BABY IS PERFECT!!!

Thank you to all of you for your well wishes. It meant a lot to read your kind words before going to this appointment alone. <3 you BnB January Jellybeans.

I'm home and happy.

My appointment went well. Abdominal ultrasound showed no evidence of placental abruption or placenta previa. Transvaginal ultrasound showed a healthy cervix, no dilation, and a nice long length. Apparently your cervix is supposed to be at least 3cm long, mine was 5cm.

I asked if exertion could have caused the bleed and the doctor said it could if my cervix is friable. No BDing the rest of pregnancy, even though they don't think it will affect outcome but will keep any nuisance bleeding from confusing us. He just told me to take it slow. He also told me I may spot again and as long as it's brown we're okay.

BUT I AM OFF BED REST AND BABY IS PERFECT!!!

Thank you to all of you for your well wishes. It meant a lot to read your kind words before going to this appointment alone. <3 you BnB January Jellybeans.

Woooohoo! That's awesome news! Glad to know you and JB are cute and good! :flower:

So pleased Ditty, have been thinking of you all morning :hugs::hugs:

Cheer up Nikki, in all the pics youve posted on here you look stunning so im sure you will at the wedding too :flower:

xxx

Man oh man!! I drank a mountain dew (which I have never ever done) but I wanted to try it because it said it's made out of sugar and not syrup (off brand) and I completely feel like Charlie Bartlett on drugs! I feel like I need to go run around the block to shake it off, and why not, sing a solo while playing a pretend piano. LOL

Man oh man!! I drank a mountain dew (which I have never ever done) but I wanted to try it because it said it's made out of sugar and not syrup (off brand) and I completely feel like Charlie Bartlett on drugs! I feel like I need to go run around the block to shake it off, and why not, sing a solo while playing a pretend piano. LOL

Reading this made me laugh

Reading this made me laugh

This is what happens when you don't drink caffeine for so long and then bang! Hubby is slightly pissed with a little bit of amusement. :haha: He ain't helping! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->