January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hi ladies. Catching up today ...

On the shaving convo ... I've been doing it blindly and then checking in a mirror and so far things are fine. I guess because I've been doing it the same way for a long time. lol! DH already said he wouldn't want to help ... he said it would be too weird. Fair enough!

DD and I are having a movie day today. I'm relaxing as the doctor told me that I was on a preterm labor watch due to all the contractions. Everything is perfect. They said my blood work is wonderful and she is measuring exactly on ... they told me just to make DH do a lot for me and I had to keep my feet up. :haha: No bed rest yet ... thank goodness. I think I might go crazy. Snow I don't see how you do it. But I know when it is important for :baby: you learn to deal with it. I was just told to take it easy for now.

My best friend and mom are finalizing plans for my shower. She was making plans and just forgot to send my mom a message about what she needed. lol! Goofy girl. I'm so excited about it! 6 more days!!!! We have an activity for the shower that I am so happy about. We are printing out pages with the letters of the alphabet and a picture that starts with that letter. Each guest will help decorate and it will be a book for Chloe. Her first ABC book!!! My mom found it and thought it was the cutest idea. I really loved it!

Oh you poor thing!!!! I just noticed your ticker. You obviously lost Collin after he was born. It must be just awful for you. Obviously the twin I lost was nothing more than an empty sac, while difficult for me. Our experiences are very different.

Does either you or your DH have red hair?

I think a loss is a loss, no matter the gestational age or how long you spent with them. So yes, they may be different but very similar...

Yes, he was 3 months old when we lost him in his sleep. it sucks. DH is half samoan and half irish. He's pale as can be but with dark features. His mom used to have red hair. I'm blonde and blue eyed.

I did a little research into red hair for my own purposes. If neither of you have red hair but both carry the gene, which you must do for Collins hair to be read. Then the chances are 1 in 4.

Ladies I need your help. DH and I have decided on a name for our little girl, and we both love it. I'm just concerned with how to spell it. I don;t want my daughter having to correct everyone for mispronouncing her name. The name we chose is Amyah.

It is to be pronounced A-my-ah

Do you ladies think people would pronounce it correctly?

I would definitely pronounce it Am-yah if I saw it.

Maybe if you did a double Aa it would discourage people from saying Am and maybe they would say A instead like Aamyah or even Aamya

I've seen it spelled Amaya... Might be easier to pronounce if youve never seen it? It's a really pretty name!

Random question:

Any of you have or thought about having a wedding band tattooed on? DH and I talk about doing it sometimes. I've never gotten a tattoo but he has and says it isn't that bad. I tell him he is lying ... I hate needles and pain is no fun ... but it is something we bring up every now and then.

Ladies I need your help. DH and I have decided on a name for our little girl, and we both love it. I'm just concerned with how to spell it. I don;t want my daughter having to correct everyone for mispronouncing her name. The name we chose is Amyah.

It is to be pronounced A-my-ah

Do you ladies think people would pronounce it correctly?

I love the name and I would pronounce it the right way. I've seen and heard the name before so like I said I would know how to pronounce. I don't think your daughter would have to correct too many people. It's likely they would be introduced to your daughter and know her name before seeing it written anyways. :shrug: I love it. Y'all should keep it. :thumbup:

Random question:

Any of you have or thought about having a wedding band tattooed on? DH and I talk about doing it sometimes. I've never gotten a tattoo but he has and says it isn't that bad. I tell him he is lying ... I hate needles and pain is no fun ... but it is something we bring up every now and then.

Honestly I love tattoos. And depending where they are they do hurt. Some worse then others. I would never get a tattoo having to do with dh tho. :rofl: my kids yes. Like dd wrote her name the other day and I think I'll have them do that in her writing. Also after this pregnancy and nursing i will be getting a family tattoo. All my siblings and my parents we are getting the same thing. It was my idea and they're all doing it before I can. :haha: anyways family and kids are forever. Husbands, not always. :rofl:

Random question:

Honestly I love tattoos. And depending where they are they do hurt. Some worse then others. I would never get a tattoo having to do with dh tho. :rofl: my kids yes. Like dd wrote her name the other day and I think I'll have them do that in her writing. Also after this pregnancy and nursing i will be getting a family tattoo. All my siblings and my parents we are getting the same thing. It was my idea and they're all doing it before I can. :haha: anyways family and kids are forever. Husbands, not always. :rofl:

Yea very true. We didn't want names, just some sort of design around our fingers ... but I'm seriously so chicken. lol! He likes the idea because
when he works on his motorcycle, he has to take his ring off. It scratches up the paint lol! He has one of those big tungsten rings so it is kind of indestructible. He hates taking it off so has mentioned a few times, getting something done to always have a ring around his finger even when he is being a grease monkey. :haha:

Haha! Realized something funny about the initials of both of our girls. This was not intentional ...

DD's initials: LCC
New baby: CLC

hahaha! Too funny.

Tell him you'll support him getting a tattoo on his ring finger, but you like your ring :haha: I'm pretty sure the finger would be a super sensitive place for a tattoo. There's hardly any fat there. :haha:

Hope everyone is enjoying the last of the weekend :)

Els, big happy birthday to your lovely boy & big hugs for your angel.

Prayingforbaby, gorgeous name, really pretty, don't think too many will have trouble with it.

As for the hair down there maintenace, I'm a waxer for years but Lauren I definitely agree that it's a little more sensitive now!!

Sassy I think u should do it!! Will only be little so won't hurt too much!

Big hugs ladies xxx

Ok...I have to rant. I'm trying to find a dress for our baby shower in 6 weeks. I would like to find something nice that won't make me feel like a cow. My best friends are tiny (size 0!) and I always feel big next to them regardless. And I just want to feel really pretty-it's a special day. Anyways, I generally wear an XL and went out shopping with my mom this weekend. The maternity store at the mall has some really nice lines but they only make clothes up to a Large. I couldn't even get some of them on. And I have to say-Shame on them for not making something that women can wear. I was a US 12-14 before I got pregnant...and could wear a large in august when looking for a bachelorette dress. I can't believe they wouldn't make their dresses to fit women who are more than 4 or 5 months pregnant!! That's ridiculous!

So now I'm trying to look online to find something and am really frustrated. I prefer the dress to have sleeves since it will be the end of november, plus I carry a little extra weight in my arms and look better in sleeves. Why are 75% of maternity dresses for "Special occasions" in a tank, cami, or one shoulder cut? And anything with sleeves is a wrap dress. I look good in a wrap dress but wear them for work, etc. and would like to not feel like I'm going to the office for our shower! Ggggrrrrrr.....

I have like 3 dresses that I've found that are a maybe. I looked at Kohls, Target, etc. and they didn't feel dressy enough. Our shower is at a nice italian restaurant and again, I buy a lot of my work clothes there, too, so I have the same issue as the wrap dresses. Why is this so difficult? Is it too much to ask that some of these nicer companies make something that can be worn by women larger than a size 6?

Els
Happy birthday to u boy hope he had a great birthday

Sassy
I have my boys tattooed on the tops of my feet and it hurt so much but goes away fast and I've learned my lesson I had put my exs name on my body and its still there cuz I got pregnant the same month I was gonna get it covered now dh wants it gone ASAP when lo is born but if ur ok with a little pain it hurts but goes away its all up to u since its there forever

On another note getting bad dreams and dreams about baby's room since I haven't finished it maybe its lo telling me to move my ass lol

Ok...I have to rant. I'm trying to find a dress for our baby shower in 6 weeks. I would like to find something nice that won't make me feel like a cow. My best friends are tiny (size 0!) and I always feel big next to them regardless. And I just want to feel really pretty-it's a special day. Anyways, I generally wear an XL and went out shopping with my mom this weekend. The maternity store at the mall has some really nice lines but they only make clothes up to a Large. I couldn't even get some of them on. And I have to say-Shame on them for not making something that women can wear. I was a US 12-14 before I got pregnant...and could wear a large in august when looking for a bachelorette dress. I can't believe they wouldn't make their dresses to fit women who are more than 4 or 5 months pregnant!! That's ridiculous!

So now I'm trying to look online to find something and am really frustrated. I prefer the dress to have sleeves since it will be the end of november, plus I carry a little extra weight in my arms and look better in sleeves. Why are 75% of maternity dresses for "Special occasions" in a tank, cami, or one shoulder cut? And anything with sleeves is a wrap dress. I look good in a wrap dress but wear them for work, etc. and would like to not feel like I'm going to the office for our shower! Ggggrrrrrr.....

I have like 3 dresses that I've found that are a maybe. I looked at Kohls, Target, etc. and they didn't feel dressy enough. Our shower is at a nice italian restaurant and again, I buy a lot of my work clothes there, too, so I have the same issue as the wrap dresses. Why is this so difficult? Is it too much to ask that some of these nicer companies make something that can be worn by women larger than a size 6?

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time! I know it can be frustrating. I'm not sure if you have seen this dress at Target but if you go in and look at it, it may be what you are looking for. Shopping online can be difficult because the pictures don't actually show it good.

https://www.target.com/p/liz-lange-...sorted-colors/-/A-14120123#prodSlot=large_1_6

Click on the picture below for the black striped one ... I tried this one on in store and it is ADORABLE. I think it is dressy and it fits the shape of your body instead of hanging on you. That is why I don't like wearing dresses because to me, I look heavier if the curves of my bump are catered to. I would love to get this for my shower. I would definitely say go in and look and try some things on. I hope you find something! If nothing else, perhaps go for a super cute shirt and dress pants if you can't find a dress that is to your liking.

Sassy
I have my boys tattooed on the tops of my feet and it hurt so much but goes away fast and I've learned my lesson I had put my exs name on my body and its still there cuz I got pregnant the same month I was gonna get it covered now dh wants it gone ASAP when lo is born but if ur ok with a little pain it hurts but goes away its all up to u since its there forever

On another note getting bad dreams and dreams about baby's room since I haven't finished it maybe its lo telling me to move my ass lol

Definitely not looking to do a name. My wedding ring set was my grandmothers and it is very special to me. I think I would still wear my rings but over the tattoo if I ever got one. I like the infinity symbol around my finger or perhaps an infinity symbol attached to an anchor. I joked with DH the other day that he could get a ball and chain tattooed on him! hahahahahahaha!!! He thought that was funny. He's always wanted to get something for me but hasn't found the right thing yet. He has one for his grandmother right now, and has a couple more picked out. He really wants to figure out something for DD. He just hasn't figured out the perfect thing yet.

I was going to say Kohls I saw one online....or motherhood online!

Thanks ladies, I appreciate all the help!...the target one is cute, I actually like the red more than the stripes! I think the problem is just that I'm super picky and would love something a little more tailored and detailed but it's hard to find that in general for a maternity dress! I'm thinking my ideal dress doesn't exist! I found a dress I love on a rental site but can't find it in the color to purchase! at least I have 6 weeks still...

Just put my bedding on the crib with the mobile it's so nice :) I'm trying to get the room organized so much left to do

Aruppe- I am not a dress person but for my shower I bought a dressy top. And I felt pretty special in that because it wasn't an everyday top. Thought if mention it incase you wanted to give it a look. :shrugg: good luck. :thumbup:

Sassy you could do the Infiniti one as a commitment to your family. That way if anything ever happened between u and dh it wouldnt be as awkward since you'll still have the commitment to your babies. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->