January Jellybeans 2013!...

I think as far as post counts go as a rule it should be based on posts done on this thread. I don't really want to send something to someone who had 100 posts prior to joining this thread but has only posted in this thread a few times. Plus Wobbles said it's easy to say "post 100 times and join" which is why she recommends having the post count prior to the thread. But we could easily say

Members who have posted x amount of times in January Jellybeans from the start of the thread to the end of Sept.

As the secret Santa idea came up in Oct so that would exclude anyone who just joined us to get in the secret Santa. But include all the regulars and girls who have been around a while but not cut out those who didn't have many posts prior to the thread like deedee.

Found another site called sneaky Santa, and it lets you anonymously sent a message to the person it picked for you, so you could message them with your address? The only other way I can think of is one of you holds our addresses and after we have had our person picked, we would have to email the address holder for where we are sending. Hope that makes sense although I have a feeling I've made it sound complicated!

Found another site called sneaky Santa, and it lets you anonymously sent a message to the person it picked for you, so you could message them with your address? The only other way I can think of is one of you holds our addresses and after we have had our person picked, we would have to email the address holder for where we are sending. Hope that makes sense although I have a feeling I've made it sound complicated!

If I understood correctly I think that's the easiest solution. To have one person pair the ones that want specifics ex: abroad, country, etc. and then have them randomize the rest, and later on just send emails or messages informing who is with who and the address?

It's a little bit of work, but I'd gladly do it.

Whew ladies you are busy bees! Love all the ideas going on about the secret santa.

To the question about feeling baby shake .... yes I feel that pretty often and I thought it was funny. Maybe she has chills? :haha: I'm sure it is nothing to worry about. :hugs:

Thanks Sassy and Brieri - I had the baby shaking feeling last night and it actually made me feel nauseous like motion sickness or something :haha:

Thanks for all the work on the secret santa ladies!! I'm happy with closer pairings or far, will go with the flow!

Hey ladies just a quick question. I never did this after having dd, but had seen it mentioned somewhere and wanted to know if any of y'all have thought about or planne on doing it. Sending Thank You notes and/or treats to Labor and Delivery after giving birth? :shrug:

As a labor and delivery nurse, we LOVE when we get thank you notes. We really do bond with many of our patients and remember them for quite a while...
Treats such as bagels and coffee or donuts when you come in for an induction are definitely appreciated,too!!

I've had the baby shaking thing I think. I've been describing it as baby wiggling around rather than kicking. It's a really strange feeling and I'm not sure I like it as it makes me feel funny haha

Hey ladies just a quick question. I never did this after having dd, but had seen it mentioned somewhere and wanted to know if any of y'all have thought about or planne on doing it. Sending Thank You notes and/or treats to Labor and Delivery after giving birth? :shrug:

As a labor and delivery nurse, we LOVE when we get thank you notes. We really do bond with many of our patients and remember them for quite a while...
Treats such as bagels and coffee or donuts when you come in for an induction are definitely appreciated,too!!

Uh, im butting in as usual but that's awesome advice! Thanks.
Have a question:
Cups of coffee like from Starbucks, or coffee to be made? If it were cups of coffee, how many do you think would suffice, how many nurses would be there in average? :blush:

It is a really strange feeling! lol! Chloe does it pretty often so I'm use to it now but it still makes me laugh a little because I imagine her shaking around like a wet dog. :haha:

Betheney- great idea, hun. I feel that is much more fair.

Melly- I understand you completely! Great idea and thanks for the site!

I'm so glad you girls are so enthused about this! :hugs:

Thanks for your reply! And your suggestion has been noted. :thumbup:

Is anybody crafty? I've lost my boppy pillow and decided instead of dishing out another $35 or so I'm going to attempt to sew my own. :thumbup: and then I got to thinking I could probably make my own burp cloths, newborn mittens and hats. Ok so maybe I've been getting a little carried away. :haha: I'll let y'all know how it all turns out.

Is anybody crafty? I've lost my boppy pillow and decided instead of dishing out another $35 or so I'm going to attempt to sew my own. :thumbup: and then I got to thinking I could probably make my own burp cloths, newborn mittens and hats. Ok so maybe I've been getting a little carried away. :haha: I'll let y'all know how it all turns out.

Crafty .. yes yes! Not sure about doing a boppy pillow but I bought the fabric and batting today to make the burp cloths. I have made several of those and they are super easy! I buy 2 yards of flannel fabric so there are different patterns on each side. This is the site I have for making my burp cloths ... just print out the pattern and it might take me an hour to make 8 from start to finish.

https://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2008/01/burp-cloth-tutorial.html

Burp cloths are super easy! I've been making them with this super cute monster fabric and bright colored terry cloth. I've also done mittens, a huge blanket, big flannel pillow letters spelling out his name, a pillow for the glider, a nursing cover, and am working on another knitted blanket. Next on my plate is a set of "peepee teepees", a few hats, and shopping cart cover. I love making things both with my knitting needles and my sewing machine...I'll have to take some pics and post them! :)

Burp cloths are super easy! I've been making them with this super cute monster fabric and bright colored terry cloth. I've also done mittens, a huge blanket, big flannel pillow letters spelling out his name, a pillow for the glider, a nursing cover, and am working on another knitted blanket. Next on my plate is a set of "peepee teepees", a few hats, and shopping cart cover. I love making things both with my knitting needles and my sewing machine...I'll have to take some pics and post them! :)

Wow! That is awesome. I have made 2 nursing covers for friends and I am working on a blanket right now (crochet). I love my sewing machine too! It is amazing the things you can make and how much you can save by making your own stuff. Not to mention, you can pick out super cute fabric! The shopping cart cover is something I would love to make eventually. Is it easy?

Haven't eaten much today after the glucose test I feel asleep then I was sick cuz I didn't eat so I had toast with cottage cheese then I threw that up after about an hour dh took a nap while I watched tv supper I had a cup of tea with tomatoe soup and crackers but I feel sick still but I still want some of my leftover pie maybe ill have more tea or just water anyone do anything for a sore tummy?

Don't know yet about the shopping cart cover but the patterns I have look pretty basic...I want to do it in St. Louis Cardinals fabric! I'm originally from St. Louis and a family of die hard fans...this little boy will have no choice but to love them too!! haha...currently watching the playoffs and trying to teach him how great they are through osmosis :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->