January Jellybeans 2013!...

Don't know yet about the shopping cart cover but the patterns I have look pretty basic...I want to do it in St. Louis Cardinals fabric! I'm originally from St. Louis and a family of die hard fans...this little boy will have no choice but to love them too!! haha...currently watching the playoffs and trying to teach him how great they are through osmosis :)

Oh right! Sorry I see that is up next to make for you!

Yea DH and I play fight over which team to dress our daughter in for football as we like rival teams. I suppose with having 2 babies, I'll have to let him dress one in his team to be fair ... or not. :haha::haha:

I've been meaning to take pics of some of my stuff for awhile so this totally motivated me to finally get up and snap some shots!

Here is the pillow- I don't like the filling I have so I have to get something else before I can finish it up. It's backed with terry cloth. The brown and turquoise blanket is the one I'm currently knitting. The mittens! :) And the other blanket I knitted...

Attachments

• C0293C17-3D28-4B7F-9D2A-40027331928F.jpg
    C0293C17-3D28-4B7F-9D2A-40027331928F.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 4
  • 9C1E5EB6-F522-415D-A8BD-29E1E0134B15.jpg
    9C1E5EB6-F522-415D-A8BD-29E1E0134B15.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 49CA01C7-058C-4B3C-9018-1E1FF43A7107.jpg
    49CA01C7-058C-4B3C-9018-1E1FF43A7107.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 650D532F-A42E-42E4-9971-2C3A6B8DB4EE.jpg
    650D532F-A42E-42E4-9971-2C3A6B8DB4EE.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
And here are the burp cloths. I made a band that buttons to hold them together in a bag, etc. These are small travel ones and I made some bigger ones as well.

Attachments

• 3CC04B9C-5420-4C76-8C5A-6AD8C21853AE.jpg
    3CC04B9C-5420-4C76-8C5A-6AD8C21853AE.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
  • B64C655D-3381-4B61-9BE2-53369E812815.jpg
    B64C655D-3381-4B61-9BE2-53369E812815.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 4
Hey girls i make tonnes of crafty things. My FB page is here https://www.facebook.com/PumpernickelBaby

i've never made burp cloths because nobody i know including myself has ever used burp cloths. lol

Super cute Betheney! I love the bags! :) I want to make something similar for my niece for Christmas that will be the perfect size for childrens books. She's almost three and the library is her favorite place, I want to make her a special bag just for her library trips :)

Hey girls i make tonnes of crafty things. My FB page is here https://www.facebook.com/PumpernickelBaby

i've never made burp cloths because nobody i know including myself has ever used burp cloths. lol

Ur daughter is so cute ur so crafty too I just left a comment my real ne is Kim

All my patterns i generally make myself otherwise you get into legalities with using other peoples patterns and profiting off them. I don't give them out and don't share them because it takes a long time to perfect them! lol. But for you ladies i'd be willing to share with :)

Aruppe the bag is pretty easy. I'd be willing to help out. Have you used Bias binding before, do you know how bias binding works.

Kaiecee i was wondering who Kim was. lol

hey girls i make tonnes of crafty things. My fb page is here https://www.facebook.com/pumpernickelbaby

i've never made burp cloths because nobody i know including myself has ever used burp cloths. Lol

love love love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those bibs with the sleeves are just the cutest ever!!! Definitely love the bags! I still consider myself a beginner and am learning along the way. I'll have to post some of things I have made.

Betheny

How much does it cost for someone in Canada I love ur stuff just don't know if I'm crafty ENOUGHT to attempt them
Myself

Betheney- I've definitely used bias binding before...I used to make all sorts of bags like purses, totes, and big zippered dance bags :) Do you machine sew on the letters or do them by hand? You have nice way of detailing everything!

These are some of the things I have made since getting my sewing machine back in February.

First two are the very first burp cloths.
The third is one of my favorite hats I crocheted.
The fourth is a pillowcase dress I made for DD for St. Patrick's Day
The last picture is a nursing cover I made for my best friend.

Attachments

• 100_3883.jpg
    100_3883.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_3866.jpg
    100_3866.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_3966.jpg
    100_3966.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_4126.jpg
    100_4126.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_4277.jpg
    100_4277.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
Here are a few more

A blanket I made for my nephew.
More burp cloths ... These are really cute after you wash and dry them as they fray along the outside.
The third and fourth images are a play mat/changing pad .. it also has little storage compartments sewn in as you can see. It all folds up even with the wipes and things stored in.
The other nursing cover I have made.

Attachments

• 100_4378.jpg
    100_4378.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_4381.jpg
    100_4381.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_4382.jpg
    100_4382.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_4383.jpg
    100_4383.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_4384.jpg
    100_4384.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
Those bibs with the sleeves are just the cutest ever!!! Definitely love the bags! I still consider myself a beginner and am learning along the way. I'll have to post some of things I have made.

I do love those bibs, and if anyone gives you any you will soon see how valuable they are with keeping your little ones not covered in food!!

Betheny

How much does it cost for someone in Canada I love ur stuff just don't know if I'm crafty ENOUGHT to attempt them
Myself

I'm not sure entirely sure but i think the cheapest would be about $20

Betheney- I've definitely used bias binding before...I used to make all sorts of bags like purses, totes, and big zippered dance bags :) Do you machine sew on the letters or do them by hand? You have nice way of detailing everything!

Ok so then you know that bias binding is stretchy. I have a bias binding machine so make ALL my own bias binding as it saves a TONNE of money. When you make your own bias binding you cut the strips out diagonally because that's obviously where the stretch is in normal non stretch fabrics. So instead i cut the strips on the STRAIGHT not the diagonal so they don't stretch or give at all, then turn them into bias binding strips. I then put two bias binding strips together (flat side out, folded side with rough edges in) and sew along each long side sewing the two together. This is how i make the straps. I think it makes a huge difference rather than using rope or something that would be uncomfortable on a toddlers shoulders. But you couldn't use store bought bias tape as once you sewed it together if you tried to close the bag the straps would stretch and the stitches would pop. But they have those little hand held bias tape makers that are only a couple of dollars.

the letters i use Heat'N Bond, there's two types 1 that is thinner that requires sewing with and 1 that is a sturdier glue that is suppose to be a "no sew". I hate not sewing the letters on because i always feel like the bond will give out eventually but sometimes it's so hard to sew through the letters and the glue screws with my needle even with the thinner heat 'N Bond that i have no option but to just use the 'No Sew Heat'N Bond'

Cute! I love the star blanket! We could have our own January Jellybeans etsy shop!! I love this kind of stuff. I'm trying to get my knitting done before my carpal tunnel gets too bad because it's getting harder to work for prolonged periods of time, but then I'll be all over that sewing machine!

Brilliant with the bias trick!! My mom has a bias making machine, I'll definitely have to use that trick- thank you!!!

Betheney I have seen some blogs with people who make their own bias binding and I think it is a great idea. I love that you could match the fabric better or really choose any fabric instead of picking what is from the store. I have thought about getting my own but like I said I'm still a beginner so once I feel comfortable doing some of the stuff I do now, I may go ahead and get one of those.

Anyway ladies i'm off to class so i'm out!!! but i love talking sewing and am sad i can't talk it that little bit longer. lol

Betheney I have seen some blogs with people who make their own bias binding and I think it is a great idea. I love that you could match the fabric better or really choose any fabric instead of picking what is from the store. I have thought about getting my own but like I said I'm still a beginner so once I feel comfortable doing some of the stuff I do now, I may go ahead and get one of those.

Just a small piece of advice, when i started bias binding, it was so wonky and terrible that i didn't know how people ever used it. After doing it on quite a few things my technique improved dramatically and now it's so easy i don't know how i ever couldn't do it to begin with. So if you're feeling defeated it's all about practice makes perfect. Eva owns so many rejected stuff that i couldnt' sell because it's so dodgy. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->