January testing thread / Starting 2019 with BFPs

Hey All! So I was on BnB back in 2016/2017 when first of all waiting to try and then trying for our little one who made her arrival at the end of 2017. At the time I was tracking BBT and my cycles. I told myself next time I try I will not "try try", I will at least for a few months NTNP, and not test until I hopefully miss a period and would not obsess and try to avoid the forums and symptom spotting.
But here I am first cycle in, I couldn't ignore the gorgeous ECWM (haha only on here you would say that) I had and then noted down they day I am 98% certain I ovulated. So here I am on 8dpo and have been stalking all the threads and have now cracked both by testing today (BFN of course but you know I was thinking "what a way to start new year..") and now posting on here! But what the heck. So is it OK to join? I am hoping now not to test until Saturday as going by my cycles prior to giving birth I had a 11 day luteal phase and that is the day AF is due.

Congrats to the BFPs so far !! And baby dust to you all still waiting!

Hi! Can I join you? It will be for this month only, though, if it doesn't work I will be out for at least 1 year. Actually I did not plan or expect to be waiting to test, but.. ok, so here is my story. I have always had long cycles (33+ days due to PCOS), but on 23rd December I was starting to have dark discharge so I thought my period was about to begin.. so we had unprotected sex and I was waiting for my period. Am STILL waiting for my period. The spotting was on day 30 of the cycle, today is day 39.. My breasts are slowly getting more tender so I think either my period will be here in few days or I will be stocking up on some tests..
The biggest issues are 2 - first one is that I have 2 other kids already, both autistic, so You can imagine how nervous a possibility of 3 autistic kids makes me.
the second is that I just got a job after being a SAH mom for 8 years.. so yeah, the emotions are all over the place.
I am excited for a possibility to get those two lines, though, no matter what. Kids are a blessing.
Tomorrow will be 10 days after the possible conception, I already took 1 test few days ago and it was a definite 1 line, so I think I should wait some more days.. what do You think? :)
Good luck to all you!

Good luck! My eldest is also autistic so I completely understand your emotions about this. My youngest isn’t, but there is still the thought that a potential 3rd child could be too. :flower:

bselck24 - congratulations! :dance:

I'll be testing this Friday which will be the 4th of January. I didn't want to test early again as the last and only time I've had a BFP I unfortunately lost it at 5 weeks. I had tested early and felt pregnant for a week before the witch appeared. However I just hate waiting and when you have some symptoms which stick out like a sore thumb it's hard not to wait. I might not even be pregnant but I've got really sore boobs, I was yawning every hour from half 6 until midnight on Christmas Eve, lots of gas, I burped the once today which was unusual as I hadn't drank anything in a while, lots of headaches, more cramping than usual, low back pain, I had a metallic taste in my mouth and when I brushed my teeth to see if it was blood nothing showed and I had acid reflux and I think the makings of heart burn but I could be wrong. I also had a weird dream where my female cat ran away and came back with a kitten. The last time I had a dream about babies was before my BFP. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately he’s out of work for a minimum of 12 weeks after surgery - we found out we don’t have short term disability like we thought so we will be without his pay for that long. He’s a flight medic so there isn’t much desk duty for him to do but they are hoping once he’s able to drive again (he works 2 hours away) that he can come help do some filing in the HR department to give us some sort of pay check to help get through his time off. It’s a big hit to our finances and plans for the next year but we are taking it day by day.
Wow! I'm so sorry. When it rains it pours. You sound strong though and I take my hat off to you. I know it's not easy and i'm hoping the best for you and your family!

Hey All! So I was on BnB back in 2016/2017 when first of all waiting to try and then trying for our little one who made her arrival at the end of 2017. At the time I was tracking BBT and my cycles. I told myself next time I try I will not "try try", I will at least for a few months NTNP, and not test until I hopefully miss a period and would not obsess and try to avoid the forums and symptom spotting.
But here I am first cycle in, I couldn't ignore the gorgeous ECWM (haha only on here you would say that) I had and then noted down they day I am 98% certain I ovulated. So here I am on 8dpo and have been stalking all the threads and have now cracked both by testing today (BFN of course but you know I was thinking "what a way to start new year..") and now posting on here! But what the heck. So is it OK to join? I am hoping now not to test until Saturday as going by my cycles prior to giving birth I had a 11 day luteal phase and that is the day AF is due.

Congrats to the BFPs so far !! And baby dust to you all still waiting!
Welcome! Hopefully you can still take it easy for chatting a bit with us! Congrats on your little one and I hope another is already baking :)

Welcome! Hopefully you can still take it easy for chatting a bit with us! Congrats on your little one and I hope another is already baking :)

Thank you so much promise- that is what I am hoping! It is so nice to have some people to chat to to understand how crazy you can go in this TWW. I am a control freak and feel so out of control waiting in this time. Luckily I didn't crack this morning and didn't test so taking that as a small win!

Hi. I can understand your anticipation of a third child. And your excitement too! I have two boys, 5 & 7 that are amazing but there is always that worry at how a new baby will fit in. I think it makes you a good mummy to worry as that is how we end up working it all out. You will find it all works out as it should. I would say wait a couple more days to test......but I wouldn't as I am a pee stick addict!
Good luck to You! And thanks for the welcome! :) I do not have any tests at home (can anyone on this forum imagine that situation :D) as I did not try to get pregnant so no testing for me till tomorrow at least.
Well @Promise... you have inspired me and I tested!! Hahaha Peer pressure!! I think I’ve got my BFP!! Happy New Years!!

View attachment 1051863
Congratulations on Your II :) So amazing!

Since it is a new year, I just can't help but think about ttc again. My girl is not yet 3 months old and I have not gotten my pp period yet.
But I would like to have the next one before I am 35 (September 2020), so that would mean getting pregnant this year. My rainbow girl took 19 cycles to conceive.

Do any of you have 2 close together in age? How was the second pregnancy?
Do you ladies think that its possible to conceive #2 faster than #1?
Am i crazy to even think about it?
My boys are 17 months apart, the second pregnancy was not much harder than the first one except I did not have time to treat myself, to relax and think about the baby and all.. because I had a toddler. But now it is so great that they are close in age, both with the same interests, same games.. Good luck! And as to how fast the second one was conceived - it was actually an accident. :D We were " working" on the big one for 8 months but Junior was a 1 and done case. :D

Good luck! My eldest is also autistic so I completely understand your emotions about this. My youngest isn’t, but there is still the thought that a potential 3rd child could be too. :flower:

bselck24 - congratulations! :dance:
Thanks!! Best wishes to You, too! :)

Ok, update from me - I have been having this weird side-boob ache for the last 4 days.. not the nipples, not both breasts, just the right one from the armpit and below. I am getting worried because I do not have this kind of ache, like, ever.
As of other " symptoms" - I do not have any. CD 40 today. Been having some light cramping today so I think my period will be here soon. The longest cycle last year was 41 days but I did not have any accidents in that cycle so this is the first one in years I have any reason to test. Anyway - will give it some more days and if the period doesn' t sow - will purchase the test on Friday.

I caved today and tested at 9-10 dpo and BFN it was with a Frer early response which I have always had something on by now. Anyway,hoping to read some more successes from everyone else to keep me going. Good luck everyone x

My line faded.

I am mortified that I told my family anything. I feel like I really screwed up.

I’m not going to test again until Friday. I’m sure it’ll be negative.

I think I’m going to take a mental health day today and stay home from work.

Luckily I already have my treatment plan for my next cycle.

Femara 7.5 days 3-7 with a trigger and IUI.

Since it is a new year, I just can't help but think about ttc again. My girl is not yet 3 months old and I have not gotten my pp period yet.
But I would like to have the next one before I am 35 (September 2020), so that would mean getting pregnant this year. My rainbow girl took 19 cycles to conceive.

Do any of you have 2 close together in age? How was the second pregnancy?
Do you ladies think that its possible to conceive #2 faster than #1?
Am i crazy to even think about it?

I conceived my 1st after 18 months ttc. We went for a not full on trying approach when dd was almost 8 months. Began full ttc after she turned 1 and conceived that cycle. My OB said a lot of women who had difficulty conceiving #1 have easier time with #2. This 2nd pregnancy so far has been rough as far as fatigue in 1st tri. DH works 2nd shift so just me caring for dd at night. However she is able to walk so not having to carry her has been great. In any case you aren't crazy to think about ttc again. I would just check with your OB when safe to ttc again. Short spacing increases your risk of preterm labor. Most recommendations for spacing are 18 months, but my dr said a year.

Good luck to everyone testing this month :)

My line faded.

I am mortified that I told my family anything. I feel like I really screwed up.

I’m not going to test again until Friday. I’m sure it’ll be negative.

I think I’m going to take a mental health day today and stay home from work.

Luckily I already have my treatment plan for my next cycle.

Femara 7.5 days 3-7 with a trigger and IUI.
So sorry to hear that. I know how you feel having been there myself. Be kind to yourself, your family will totally understand. Praying for you and sending hugs. Take care. Let us know how you get on. Hopefully it was a test with less dye in it. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->