***June Testing Thread!***7 BFPS SO FAR *******

@TTCno4 Looks great!! Congrats!

I'm 2days late and every time I think I'm getting cramps it turns out to be gas :lol: I've also noticed an increase in appetite... Still BFN on IC. On my way to Walmart for 88c and digital.

Congrats to bfp and so sorry to anyone’s AF’s that arrived

Hi ladies,

I'm so confused! Currently 10dpo I think and I've been getting period cramping since yday still hasn't shifted. Had a bout of diarrehea today aswell sorry gross I know. Erm and I saw a streak of blood mixed in with my cm. I'm utterly confused been testing bfn on some random test called fastep rapid detection. It's the only one I can get hold of. Any one have any idea what could be going on I feel like my period is imminent. I'm due on the 23rd so this coming Sunday.

TIA x

Hi ladies,

I'm so confused! Currently 10dpo I think and I've been getting period cramping since yday still hasn't shifted. Had a bout of diarrehea today aswell sorry gross I know. Erm and I saw a streak of blood mixed in with my cm. I'm utterly confused been testing bfn on some random test called fastep rapid detection. It's the only one I can get hold of. Any one have any idea what could be going on I feel like my period is imminent. I'm due on the 23rd so this coming Sunday.

TIA x
I had a bout of diarrhoea the day before I got a faint bfp at 10dpo. In my experience rapid detection are the least sensitive as they are supposed to give fast results when period is late. Try getting some early detection from amazon and testing with those instead.

Hello all!

Can you put me down for the 28th please - I’m a bit of a poas-aholic so I’ll probably end up testing before then hahaha...

I’m currently 7dpo. I’ve been getting cramping and bloating BUT this is actually making me think that I’m not pregnant as this has happened before and AF arrived!

Me and DH have been trying for 6months now and I’m getting more and more impatient! Sorry for the ramble ladies

Emma - congrats. Fx for a sticky bean!

Liv - relating! I'm thinking I should start testing on Sunday at 8 DPO. Then, I think - who am I kidding? I'll POAS by Saturday for sure!

Are you temping to confirm you are ovulating? Might give you some insight into your cycles?

I haven't been temping, just have been using OPKs. I got a blazing positive on 5/28. So weird. Maybe I should start temping.

Ttcno4 thanks for the reply...yea it's the only one I have at the moment. I am on holiday in the middle of Africa with no access to Amazon unfortunately. Il just have to wait it out. But I hope the diarrehea is a good sign for me too x

Thought I would test the theory that opk can detect hcg too and I guess it’s true!

AEA53A09-0272-4917-AE47-23B7CD2F2918.jpeg

Ttcno4 thanks for the reply...yea it's the only one I have at the moment. I am on holiday in the middle of Africa with no access to Amazon unfortunately. Il just have to wait it out. But I hope the diarrehea is a good sign for me too x
Fingers crossed for you!!!

I see the line, Emma! Fingers crossed!

Tomorrow will be 9dpo for me. I'm dying to test. :haha:

Just an FYI to all you testers...
Kiddo1 (born 2005) showed up faint on a blue dye test 5days before missed period but did NOT show up on the pink dye test until 5days after missed period.
Kiddo2 (born 2007) showed up blaring on a pink dye test after I realized I was a week late.
Kiddo3 (born 2015) showed up on a pink dye test 5 days before missed period

Various CP in the last year showed up on pink dye 3-5 days before missed period

This bfp showed up faint 2 days after missed period and was not showing up on pink dye tests.

They aren't kidding when they say each pregnancy is different.. FX for all you!!!

Fantastic now I've started my bloody period (pun intended). I'm only 10dpo tho..Oh well.

Thought I would test the theory that opk can detect hcg too and I guess it’s true!

While OPKs can pick up HCG, the levels need to be much, much higher.

What happens is progesterone suppresses LH. At the end of the tww progesterone drops and that makes LH rise, so you get a positive OPK.

I get positive OPKs just before AF.

When you have a BFP, the hcg will start to go up and rescue the corpus luteum that makes progesterone levels go back up (lh down). By the time HCG numbers jump, yes, opk can pick that up.

TLDR:

So OPKs for early testing:
  • if you have faint lines or no lines on a pregnancy test, but a high OPK, it means progesterone has dropped a lot and that made LH rise.
  • if you have strong, solid lines on pregnancy tests and a high OPK, then the opk is picking up the HCG.

Last edited:
  • if you have faint lines or no lines on a pregnancy test, but a high OPK, it means progesterone has dropped a lot and that made LH rise.
  • if you have strong, solid lines on pregnancy tests and a high OPK, then the opk is picking up the HCG.

I get post OPKs before AF, too! I always wondered why. So, thanks for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->